Best Friend Time

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

With renewed vigor, Miyoung complained to her parents about her day with the infamous Lee Chanhee once she reached home. She was utterly disgusted with how popular with girls and the casual way he treated them.

Just what did those girls see him that big fat horrible insensitive arrogant prince syndrome guy again? Oh right. He's handsome.

Miyoung puffed her cheeks as she plopped herself on the couch. She stared at the television but nothing was going into her head, or literally, her eyes, because she was too busy cursing Chunji in her mind to care. It's a wonder how she managed to keep at her A's with the brain activity she spent on Chunji alone.

"Miyoung ah, Gongchan and his parents are here!" Mrs Park called.

At once, Miyoung brightened and ran to the door.

Since Gongchan, Miyoung and Kyungmi met when they were young, these three kids had been going over to each other's house for dinner frequently. They made it a point that they would go to either one of their houses every Friday night for dinner.

The friendship between the kids were so great that it managed to move the parents, influencing them to become great friends as well. In the end, the Friday dinners were soon an affair that involved all three families.

"Chansik oppa!" Miyoung immediately beamed at his entrance. Gongchan smiled softly, his eyes brightening as well. He followed her in, his eyes trained on her and he sighed contently. *Wish I could keep her in my sight at all times.*

Dinner commenced soon after and there was laughter and chatter, just like how a real family was like.

"Where's Kyungmi and the Kims?" Mrs Gong asked in regret when her other friend didn't come.

"The Kims had some sort of family affair with their grandmother today." Mrs Park told her. "They couldn't make it for today's Friday dinner." she sighed.

"Well that's better, more food for me~" Mr Park sang as he helped himself to a generous serving of his wife's cooking. "Yeobo!" Mrs Park chided and slapped his arm lightly, causing the whole table to laugh.

Mr Gong looked at Miyoung. "I heard you had to do your project with Chunji today." he mused, a smile lighting his face. He was as handsome as his son, though in the manlier older charm. "How was it? Did he make things difficult for you?"

Miyoung took a deep breath. Gongchan bit back a smile as he braced himself for it. *She's starting.*

"You don't know how insufferable Lee Chanhee is, Mr Gong!" Miyoung heaved. "He's the most irritating and annoying wolf ever in history! Seriously! He kept interrupting when the couple was talking and even saying that they were retarded. Someone tells you their love story that would touch you to tears and you say they're retarded. How rude can he be?"

"As rude as his father!" Mr Park added.

"Yeobo!" Mrs Park hushed again.

Miyoung smiled at her father, apparently agreeing with what he said. "Anyway, at first I thought maybe he wasn't all that bad." she continued. "Because he helped with buying the gifts for the couple's unborn baby and forked out quite a lot of money to help their financial difficulty, but when we left, he immediately got calls from his numerous girlfriends and I even over heard him wanting to break up with his girlfriend of one day!" she shrieked.

"One day?" Mrs Gong echoed. "Aww. That's harsh."

"Exactly!" Miyoung nodded furiously. "He should be banned from mere existing in the same Earth as we are. He's going to ruin all females out there! Even if they're in the Lee Pack, they are still wolves!" she sulked.

Gongchan chuckled and passed her her ice lemon tea. He patted her head and brushed her hair soothingly. "Calm down Miyoung." he whispered.

Miyoung shot him a half-annoyed half-grateful expression and puffed her cheeks, biting on her lips to prevent herself from ranting any further. "Well, to be honest," Mrs Park started. "And over looking the fact that Chunji's really the biggest playwolf I've ever seen, I'm surprised he helped you with buying the gifts for the baby, Miyoung. That's...nice. Even for a Lee."

Miyoung blinked. "Well I suppose..." she admitted grudgingly.

"I don't like him," Mrs Gong added. "But I got to agree. Which wolf nowadays would be willing to fork out their money so readily for other people, like this one did? Ever since those incessant humans invented the iPhone, iPad, iPod, i whatever , those youngsters have been spending their money and time on those things instead." she shook her head.

Miyoung nodded. Well, that's kind of true as well.

She turned to Gongchan and gave him a smile. "Well, here's another wolf who would do the same in a heartbeat." she beamed at Gongchan. He pinked and looked down at his hands. "Miyoung!"

The parents laughed and nodded. "You're right, Miyoung." Mr Park agreed. "How can we forget Gongchan? He's the sweetest wolf we've ever known. His mate will be the luckiest wolf ever." he smiled at Gongchan.

Gongchan swallowed. *The main thing is that she must feel the same about me, isn't it?* he glanced at Miyoung discreetly.

Dinner was soon over in a flash with the laughter that didn't seem to cease, and the parents went to the living room to talk about whatever parents do talk about (which I highly suspect is Diablo III but they just wouldn't say it with that lecture of iPhones and iPads just moments before).

Miyoung and Gongchan went to the lawn and plopped themselves down on the swing. Gongchan automatically helped to push Miyoung and she swung high up, laughing her beautiful sounding laugh.

"Do you remember how we met, Miyoung?" Gongchan asked as he gave her another push.

Miyoung giggled and turned back to look at him. "Of course I do, oppa." she smiled. "I was right here on this swing." she recalled. "Swinging and swinging when you and your mother walked past."

Gongchan nodded, happy that she still remembered. Because to him, he would never forget a single moment he spent with her. Every nano second was precious when he spent it with the one he loved.

"I looked at you and you seem to be exceptionally startled." Gongchan chuckled, pushing her again. Miyoung shot him an annoyed look. "Hey! Blame it on your eyes." she complained. "Which guy out there has eyes as large as yours?" she grumbled. "I was shocked by the mere size of them okay?"

Gongchan smiled softly. "They're that big?" he teased.

Miyoung slowed herself down and turned to look at him. She narrowed her eyes and nodded. "Yes." she said after scrutinizing his face. "They are very big. Larger than your nose actually. In fact I think they take up two thirds of your face." she said with an absolutely serious expression.

Gongchan laughed. "What? Is that even human?"

"Nope!" Miyoung immediately replied. "Because you're a werewolf, remember Chansik oppa?" she grinned.

Gongchan shook his head in amusement and leaned forward to tickle her on her tummy. Miyoung fell onto the grass patch lightly and giggled delightfully as Gongchan continued his torture.

"Stop stop!" Miyoung laughed. "Arraso arraso your eyes are tiny. Tiny till they're microscopic alright?" she laughed heartily.

Gongchan chuckled in a light-hearted manner and laid down on the grass as well. They both looked up into the sky which was rapidly turning dark and several stars were already shining.

They just stared in a comfortable silence that wouldn't have been manageable if two people hadn't known each other for fifteen years. They were just so comfortable and at ease with each other, knowing how the other would act and what the other would think without having them to voice out their thoughts.

"And you fell down from the swing." Gongchan whispered.

Miyoung turned to look at him and he turned as well. "You fell down and you began crying like the biggest cry baby I've ever met." Gongchan chuckled and tapped her nose lightly. "And then I rushed in without thinking to help you up, and you looked into my eyes with those large shining eyes of yours, saying thank you."

Miyoung giggled lightly and sighed. "Too bad Kyungmi isn't here, huh?" she turned back on her back to look at the sky.

Gongchan remained silent and bit his lip. He liked Kyungmi. She was a nice girl, one of the most perfect ones he had ever met. Kind, quiet, soft spoken, but inside she was actually fun and easy going.

Except she just didn't attract him in the way Miyoung does.

*I know it's selfish of me to think this way,* Gongchan thought. *But I'm glad Kyungmi isn't here. That way I can spend time with you and only you, Miyoung.*

He turned to look at her.

She turned as well, question in her eyes as he hadn't answered her previous question.

"Hmm, yes, Miyoung." he finally responded. "It's a pity Kyungmi didn't come."