Ricky's mate

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"Lee Chanhee why aren't you up yet? I thought you were already awake when I left you!" Miyoung shrieked when she came out of the bathroom and saw that Chunji was still asleep and lying on their bed.

Chunji rubbed his eyes tiredly and squinted at her. "Oh you're out? Then it's my turn." he clambered out of bed slowly and trudged towards the bathroom slowly.

Miyoung let out an exasperated sigh and made their bed, before rushing to make simple sandwiches. She was already halfway through her sandwich when Chunji finally made his appearance at the dining table.

She wanted to ask him what took him so long, when she saw his perfect hair, without a strand misplaced. "Must you take so long on your hair?" she asked, frowning.

Chunji gave her a rakish grin and reached for the sandwich on his plate. "Why? You like it?" he gave her a smug look. Miyoung rolled her eyes and swallowed the last bit of her sandwich, downing it with her tea.

Chunji raised his brows at her. "Are you rushing off somewhere?" he inquired.

"Yeah. I have a council meeting." Miyoung murmured and swallowed. "Don't you remember? I told you." Chunji dug his memories for something similar and found it. She did say the previous morning.

Chunji looked at her innocently. "No."

"Oh maybe I forgot." Miyoung muttered. She ran to grab her bag, wallet and phone and checked herself once in the mirror to make sure she looked alright. "I'll be going, see you later!" she called.

She ran past Chunji who was still sitting at the breakfast table and went to get her shoes, wearing them with absolute agility. Chunji got to the door and saw how fast she was wearing her shows, one second for each feet. *No wonder she's one of the fastest in her pack.*

"Well by-" Miyoung started, when Chunji pulled her towards him. He kissed her chastely and smiled. "Arraso. You can go now that I have my morning kiss." he grinned.

"Whaa?" Miyoung blinked. Chunji leaned forward. "Why? You want more?" he teased.

Miyoung suddenly remembered how they kissed for almost the whole of the previous night and even when they fell asleep, their lips were still joined because they fell asleep in the act. Miyoung pinked and punched his shoulder. "Aish!" she yet out a yell, and ran off.

Chunji laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. "See you later at home, Miyoung." he whispered.

 

 

"You look happy today." Kyungmi commented.

Miyoung nodded, humming a tune. Despite having council duties and having to reach school much earlier than the rest of the students, and having an impromptu test that day with double the work to do than usual days, Miyoung was smiling throughout. A smile that never ceased.

Miyoung nodded. "Yep. I am." she grinned.

Kyungmi chuckled at how goofily Miyoung was smiling and shook her head. "Something good happened?" she nudged her best friend. "Tell me?"

Miyoung opened to speak like she always did. She never once kept a secret from Kyungmi, and only once from Gongchan (Kyungmi's golden eyes). It took her a second to remember this was something that she wasn't supposed to say.

"Nothing happened." Miyoung managed to say. "I'm just happy."

"For no reason?" Kyungmi asked, confused. Miyoung nodded and smiled. "For no reason." she repeated.

Miyoung sighed in relief when Kyungmi seemed to believe her. Chunji and her had decided not to tell anyone about their golden eyes just yet because they really didn't know how the public would react when they knew. The Lees and the Parks seemed to hold onto the very hope that they weren't offical mates without the golden eyes, and hoped for their separation with every fibre of their being.

They had decided not to tell anyone, not even their best friends because it would pose as a danger for their secret to be leaked. Hence, Miyoung had to zip her lip up when it came to this topic.

Miyoung pouted and wringed her hands about. *Aish Lee Chanhee's right. It's really uncomfortable for me not to talk.*

 

 

On the other hand, Teen Top didn't notice Chunji's exceptional good mood as Kyungmi did. He was humming a tune to himself and even rapping some of the parts. He did a quirky dance and smiled to himself most of the times.

His fangirls noticed, but Teen Top didn't.

They were too caught up in why Ricky hasn't appeared in school yet, to bother about Chunji, which he was glad about. He didn't want to answer their questions because he didn't want to lie. And he couldn't tell them the truth either.

"Why do you think Ricky isn't here yet?" Niel asked worriedly. "I called his phone for a dozen times but he doesn't pick up!"

CAP nodded, his face hard. "He isn't like this to go missing on us." he frowned. "He would tell us if something was wrong. He's responsible like that."

"Maybe he got caught in a traffic jam?" Changjo suggested.

L.Joe rolled his eyes and whacked the maknae's head. "Traffic jam for five hours? Where is he coming from? The North Pole Santa's residence?" he retorted sarcastically.

Niel sighed. "Where do you think he's gone, Chunji hyung?" he asked.

"You are my shy shy shy girl, oh oh oh my girl~" Chunji sang softly, grinning like an idiot. The rest of the Teen Top members looked at him with raised brows. "Hello? Chunji there?" CAP waved.

Chunji blinked. "Oh. Yeah?" he answered distractedly.

"Did you even hear what we were saying?" L.Joe asked, rolling his eyes.

"Errrr..." he looked around for help. "Ricky?" he suggested. Changjo nodded. "At least he knows Ricky's missing."

Chunji frowned. "No." he blinked. "He's just there." he pointed.

All heads snapped towards the direction Chunji was pointing and they saw Ricky coming into the cafeteria with a girl beside him. He waved at the Teen Top boys and ushered the girl towards them.

"Hyungs!!!" Ricky beamed like he wasn't missing for the past five hours. "I finally finally finaaaaalllyyyyyyyy found my mate!"

All eyes turned to the female beside Ricky. "Hyungs, this is Jaemi." Ricky introduced. "She's a noona. She missed the season last year because she was waiting for meeeee~~~" he sang.

Jaemi rolled her eyes and flicked his forehead. "Stop embarrassing yourself." she hissed. She sent a curt smile towards the Teen top members and nodded. "Annyeong."

"A-annyeong." the Teen Top members stuttered. This girl looked pretty fierce. She settled down on the table and Ricky brought her drinks immediately.

"Orange juice noona~" he handed it to her with a bright smile. "With extra ingredients of my love!"

Jaemi gagged. "Please don't torture me like that." she muttered. Ricky settled beside her and kept beaming at her while she drank. Instead of blushing, she snapped her head towards him and glared.

"Look. Somewhere. Else." she grounded out.

Ricky squeaked and nodded, looking at the ceiling instead.

Chunji shuddered at how fierce Jaemi was, but couldn't help smiling when he saw how Ricky kept going back to her even with her fierceness. Despite her tough exterior, Chunji could see she had a soft spot for their visual maknae.

"Woah this noona is a tigress." Niel whispered. "I think I like hyung's mate much better."

Chunji smiled to himself. *I like my mate much better too.*