The Initiation Ball: Where Boundaries Blur

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Chunji didn't know where this strange strangling feeling came from, but it grew more and more as Miyoung changed dancing partners one after another.

First it was Gongchan, then some guy in class called Lee Joon. Then another guy called Mir, and Cheondong, and Seungho... And Chunji almost stalked right to the front and grabbed Gongchan's hands off Miyoung when the latter came back to Miyoung to claim another dance.

He breathed in deeply and closed his eyes, saying the alphabets backwards for the sixth time.

"If you're so mad, why don't you go dance with her?" Niel appeared and asked.

Chunji shot Niel a look. "I'm not mad. And I don't want to dance with her." he declared grandly.

Indeed, his mind was a hundred perfect against twirling around romantically with that Park Miyoung. However, his body was reacting in ways he cannot understand and he tried to keep his body in check.

There came an announcement as the one of the lower ranking ministers came onto the stage. "And now for the final dance, let's get all the mates to dance together!"

There were some groans as the single wolves filed out of the dance floor and the ones with mates came onto it. Chunji blinked for a moment before a small smile crept on his face and he went in search of Miyoung. *Finally.*

Niel caught sight of the grin and shook his head amusedly. "I don't want to dance with her!" he mimicked. "Heh!"

When Miyoung heard the announcement, she parted with Gongchan, whom she noticed looked rather angry at the idea of her dancing with Chunji. She assumed it was because of his brotherly instincts or whatsoever, and sighed a small sigh when she saw Kyungmi in the corner and unable to dance with her mate because it wasn't declared.

"Park Miyoung."

A voice near her ear spoke and Miyoung spun round in surprise. Chunji cocked one eyebrow up in a perfectly skilled manner and smirked. "Dance, you Babo. Didn't you hear?"

Miyoung put her hands in his gingerly and let him lead her to the centre of the dance floor. All eyes were on them, wanting to see if they would really dance or would they start a fight in the middle of the song.

Chunji caught Miyoung looking distracted. "Why? Still wanting to dance with your Chansik oppa?" he asked sarcastically, unable to get the bitter tone out of his voice.

Miyoung made a face at him. "No. I'm conscious of the stares you block of wood." she grumbled as he put his hands on her waist and hers on his shoulders.

Chunji looked around and saw that more than a dozen of hawk like eyes were fixed on them and noted their every move.

"Oh." he murmured, finally noticing the attention.

"Yes oh." Miyoung rolled her eyes and twirled a round. Chunji led her back to him effortlessly and curled his fingers round her waist again.

"What are we going to do?" Miyoung asked. She looked uncertain, doubtful. "Are we really going to stick with each other for the rest of our lives? As ... Mates?" she gulped.

Chunji considered this. True, he did have some sort of physical attraction towards her. And it made Him confused and uncertain. However, this rivalry between them was as strong as the attraction. He can't let it go.

"As long as we don't mate, I think it'll be okay." Chunji shrugged. "I mean, we just have to be our original selves. We bicker and we fight. We cause a lot of trouble. Of this goes on for prolonged periods of time, perhaps the ministry might undo their decision."

Miyoung sighed softly. "I hope so." she smiled up at him. "I'm sure this attraction between us is just temporary. Nothing like the true love or whatever that mates share." she murmured.

Chunji nodded. He suddenly felt clear headed again. He was in control again.

He had been rather afraid of himself, despite of the irony in the sentence. He didn't trust himself or know himself anymore because he had actually found himself being drawn to Park Miyoung and that was the last thing he would do in his clear state.

However, hearing her say things like that made him come out of the water for a bit.

Yes, he's Lee Chanhee. If he's bounded in this situation with Park Miyoung, he'll try to do anything to get out of it. And it's not going to difficult either. I mean, it's Park Miyoung. Nothing can blossom with her.

Chunji felt like all logic and reason returned to his body and he felt invincible once more. He chuckled lightly and smiled. *Im finally back.*

Miyoung looked at him curiously. "What are you laughing at?"

Chunji led her to do the final twirl before the ending pose. The applause was deafening as the dance ended, signaling the end of the night. "Just how I look forward to get rid of you." he grinned but without malice.

Miyoung wrinkled her nose and slapped his arm. "Lee Chanhee!"

 

 

The night ended and our dear couple went back to their limo to return to their apartment. They watched as the others filed out of the hall as well, smiles on their faces suggesting a wonderful night.

"Jwesonghabnida, Chunji sshi, Miyoung sshi." the chauffeur suddenly opened the door. "It seems like the battery of the car has run flat and I can't start the engine."

"Omo Eotteohke?" Miyoung gasped.

"Its okay Miyoung sshi." the chauffeur assured. "I can start the car as long as I use these wires to connect to another car's battery so that they can help start out engine. I'll look around for help. But in the meantime, both of you will have to wait. I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay." Chunji nodded. "Be careful." the chauffeur bowed and went off, leaving both Chunji and Miyoung alone in the car.

Miyoung smiled as she continued looking at all the happy wolves leaving the place. "The Initiation ball is wonderful, huh?" she grinned. "And we've all grown up."

Chunji nodded, shrugging out of his jacket and loosening his tie. "Yeah. It was much better than I expected." be admitted. "I always thought the ball was just some lame tactic to appease the faint female heart." he teased.

"Hey!" Miyoung made a face. She sighed sadly. "Well at least the ball's nice enough to cover the painful fact that my childhood dream didn't come true."

Chunji raised his brows interestedly. "What dream?"

"To attend the ball with my mate of course!" Miyoung retorted. Her eyes shone brightly as she related her dream. "To dance around the ballroom with him and feel safe in his arms, just like a princess and a prince!"

Chunji shook his head in amusement at her childishness. "Might I remind you that you did dance with your mate, and by that I mean me." he pointed to himself.

Miyoung made a face. "But you're not my mate mate, if you get what I mean!" she protested. "We're just waiting to be separated, just like how we discussed during the dance."

Chunji nodded once, suddenly feeling uncomfortable at that prospect. So if they're mates waiting to be not mates anymore, then what are they now?

Miyoung sensed the discomfort and fanned herself awkwardly. The idea seemed perfectly fine while they were dancing moments ago, why did it sound ridiculous now?

"Ahh..it's hot in here." Miyoung murmured to rid the silence, and winded the window down for some fresh air.

The night breeze blew into the limo and carried some of Miyoung's scent to Chunji. He turned to look at her as she looked out of the window, admiring the view.

The moonlight shone on her pretty face, and made her white dress glow. Her hair looked a little messier than it had been in the beginning of the ball, presumably because of all the dancing, but Chunji was surprised he noticed.

A small smile played on her lips as she hummed a soft tune, bobbing her head up and down cutely. Her eyes, though directed outside, were bright and glimmering.

"I haven't told you." Chunji spoke.

Miyoung turned to look at him curiously. "You...you look beautiful tonight." Chunji murmured.

Miyoung pinked. She glanced at him and took in the sight of his heated cheeks. To be completely honest with herself, he looked pretty good as well.

"You don't look that bad either." Miyoung whispered, unsure as to why she was doing so when it was supposed to come out teasing.

Chunji swallowed visibly, leaning closer over to her. The air around them was charged, the attraction so strong it had to be stronger than the earth's gravitational force.

He reached out to curl the same strand of hair he saw Gongchan curling behind her ear, and felt monumental satisfaction that this time it was he who was doing it.

He slowly closed the gap between them, his eyes never leaving hers. Miyoung's eyes fluttered close and his followed soon after, as he just let their lips touch.

He didn't kiss her, she didn't kiss back. Their lips were just merely touching and the effect was strong enough to make Chunji forget everything.

He heard her sigh softly and it was then that he finally lost control, pressing his lips into hers. She responded almost immediately, and Chunji wanted to groan at her soft lips kissing his.

His hands reached out to cradle her small face tenderly as he continued kissing her, his thumb tracing her jawline in a slow gentle movement.

Miyoung leaned into him, not even conscious of what she was doing. All she knew was that this was heaven and she didn't want to think of anything else.

Chunji her bottom lip tentatively, and Miyoung shuddered. His hands left her face, only to rest at her waist and carry her entire body like she was weighed like a child and pulling her towards him so that he could crush her to him.

It was overwhelming. The need, the desire, and the satisfaction from being close to this particular girl in his arms.

Chunji kissed her, and continued kissing her, not even complaining about how tongues weren't involved yet. Just as he wanted to deepen the kiss, a voice was heard just outside their limo.

"Yes here's the limo. Thanks for helping, Mr Han." the chauffeur's voice was heard as he came back to the limo with help.

Chunji and Miyoung sprang apart. Whether it was her who leapt off his lap or him that pushed her, they didn't know.

They stared at each other in pure shock, their hands mirroring each other and coming to rest at their lips.

"Oh. My. God." Miyoung gasped and took in a ragged breath.

Chunji shook his head and his eyes were wide, staring blankly into space.

All control he thought he recovered back during the dance, all sense of logic and reason, the feeling of being invincible....They all vanished with one kiss.

Chunji and Miyoung looked away from each other and remained quiet for the rest of the night.

*It seems it's not so easy behave like we did in the past after all.*