Together till Death

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

The two pairs of couple reached the Han River after around two hours or ride. Jaehyuk woke Soojin up and the two of them went out of the cabin.

Chunji looked over to the sleeping girl beside him and nudged her gently. "Miyoung. We're here." he whispered softly.

Miyoung murmured under her breath and slapped his hands away irritably. Chunji chuckled, amused. He poked her cheeks and marveled at how bouncy and tender they felt. "Miyoung-oung-oung-ung-ung~" Chunji kept poking her cheeks repeatedly.

Miyoung finally came to her senses and glared at him, rubbing her cheeks. "Aish i'm up I'm up!" she grumbled, scrambling to stand. "What's with your obsession with my cheeks?"

Chunji bit his lip and gulped when he caught sight of her neck when she hobbled off with her clutches. *Your cheeks aren't the only thing I'm obsessed with.* he thought.

The four of them walked for a bit, along the popular trail towards the Han River. Soojin wasn't able to last very long walking, so Jaehyuk let her climb onto his back and piggy backed her.

Chunji blinked and eyed Miyoung who limped beside him with her injured-but-almost-recovered leg. He swiftly reached out to pull her to him by her waist, and hauled her up bridal style.

Miyoung squealed when Chunji kicked the clutches away and tightened his hold on her. "What are you doing? I need those to walk!" she hissed.

Chunji looked at her innocently. "I can be your clutch till your bandage is removed tomorrow." he grinned.

Miyoung blew a raspberry and shook her head at how childish he was. "Arraso arraso." she smiled slightly when she saw Jaehyuk and Soojin walking in front of them.

"You can carry me like that." she pointed. "You aren't going to last very long if you carry me bridal style."

Chunji stopped. "Hmm. You're right." he put her down and Miyoung climbed onto his back. He caught her thighs and tucked them in his arm as he propped her up his back.

"This is much better." he commented. "You aren't very light you know."

Before he knew it, Miyoung was tugging on his hair wildly. "Owwww!!! Not the hair, woman!" Chunji howled in pain.

Jaehyuk and Soojin turned around to see what happened and chuckled when they saw Miyoung and Chunji bickering. "Cute aren't they?" Soojin murmured, smiling.

Jaehyuk chuckled. "Not cuter than you." he teased. Soojin slapped his arm lightly and they continued walking.

On the other hand, Miyoung was still torturing Chunji's poor head. "What did you say?" she demanded. "Did you just say I was fat?"

"I didn't!" Chunji protested. "I just said you weren't very light!" he glared at her, huffing. "And stop pulling my hair, woman!"

Miyoung tugged harder. "It means I'm fat!" she snapped. "You said I'm fat!"

Chunji howled loudly and almost felt tears gathering at his eyes. "ARRASO ARRASO YOU ARE THE SKINNIEST GIRL ON EARTH OKAY?" he growled.

Miyoung let go of his hair instantly and smiled. "That's better." she grinned. She laughed at Chunji's pained face and massaged his scalp. "Did it hurt a lot?"

"What do you think?" he grumbled. "Why don't I try it on you?" he retorted.

Miyoung giggled and continued rubbing his head. "Well, you shouldn't have said I was....woah." her eyes widened.

Chunji looked in front and noticed that they had already reached the Han River. And it was amazing.

The houses along the river bank were brightly lit up with different sort of lights, colorful and attractive. The reflection of these houses showed on the water surface, but that wasn't the only thing that shone.

The half moon was reflected as well as the stars, making the water glitter like it was alive.

The way it made the whole scene double symmetrically, like it was printed twice made the beauty doubly amazing.

"It's so pretty." Soojin whispered. "It's so pretty, oppa."

Jaehyuk smiled and nodded. "It is, isn't it?"

Miyoung stared out and let out a contented sigh. She glanced at Jaehyuk and Soojin who were already in their own little world and giggled lightly.

Chunji looked at her questioningly and she pointed. "We should let them have their moment, Lee Chanhee. It's their night."

Chunji nodded in agreement and carefully carried Miyoung away. Jaehyuk and Soojin had no idea the other two had left, completely immersed in the beauty and the bliss.

Chunji smiled and he walked them further down the river. Miyoung beamed at the sky and took in a deep breath of fresh air. She reached out and her hands tried to touch the sky.

Chunji laughed. "What are you doing?"

"Catching a star." Miyoung responded, beaming. Chunji shook his head amusedly and went to put her down on one of the benches along the bank. He settled down beside her and Miyoung automatically snuggled against him without knowing it.

Chunji curled one hand behind her and rested his head against hers. They were silent for some time, and even Miyoung who didn't cease talking ever, didn't want to open to spoil the moment.

Two kids ran past them, laughing loudly as they made patterns in the air with their mini fireworks.

"How cute." Miyoung grinned as the kids ran away. Chunji wriggled his brows suggestively at her. "Why? Do you want your own as well?"

Miyoung slapped his arm lightly and laughed. "Eww Lee Chanhee!"

Chunji chuckled and curled a lock of her hair behind her ear. Miyoung sighed softly as she continued looking at where the two kids went off.

"Lee Chanhee..." she whispered. Chunji sensed the change in her mood and looked at her. "Do you think...we might really be mates for real? Do you think we will live till we make our own family unit? Do you think it's even possible in our society?" she sat up. "What if we turn out like Jaehyuk and Soojin and-"

"Hush." Chunji shushed her and made her lie on his shoulder again. "We can't help it if that happens. We can't help it if society doesn't agree with us. But we can't help it if we really are mates either."

Miyoung looked up at him curiously. Chunji poked her forehead and laughed. "Don't look at me like that, it's not like I have the answers as well."

He pulled her closer. "All I know is, this moment is perfect. Let's just reminisce in it and not think about anything else, hmm?" he murmured.

Miyoung thought for a moment and nodded, snuggling closer. "Hmm."

 

 

After around two hours, it was late enough for Miyoung and Chunji to remember they didn't come themselves. Chunji picked up Miyoung again and carried her on his back as they went back to look for Jaehyuk and Soojin.

However, when they reached their original spot, they didn't spot the couple anywhere. Chunji deduced that they may have gone for a walk and they continued along the river bank to look for them.

All of a sudden, they saw a group of wolves gathered around one of the benches. Chunji and Miyoung decided to check it out, and at the same time, the crowd had grown in size.

Chunji weaved them through the crowd and was surprised when he saw what had attracted the people's attention.

Jaehyuk and Soojin were sitting on the bench, eyes closed, hands entwined together as they seemed sleeping. Or so Chunji thought.

Until a sob broke from Miyoung and he turned to look at her. Miyoung pointed as her finger shook. "L-look." her voice cracked.

Chunji turned and squinted. Even with the lack of lighting, it was hard to mistake the red dots on Soojin's white shirt as anything else. But blood.

It was this moment that Chunji realized Soojin's paleness was too white too be alive, and how she didn't even move a single bit as she "slept".

His eyes widened when he saw what Jaehyuk was gripping in his other hand as he slept. It was a bottle of poison. Lethal poison.

He gulped and felt tears gathering behind his eyes as well. Miyoung was already crying madly at his point and he could only close his eyes to stop the tears.

If there was something he envied about this Jaehyuk and Soojin couple, it was how they managed to stick together through everything.

Chunji suddenly remembered what Jaehyuk had told him. He bit his lip and turned to hug Miyoung who was wailing like never before. He sighed into her hair as a tear trickled down his cheek.

"Even till death." Jaehyuk had said. Even till death.