What do you think of Kyungmi?

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

The next day found the three best friends lazing around during break at school. The teachers had decided to give up teaching entirely for that day because the students were too dead tired from the manual physical work the previous day.

Also, most of the female wolves were too distraught to study well and focus in class because their dear L.Joe oppa had actually found his mate.

After the golden eyes incident the previous day, L.Joe and Mihye were made to move into the same apartment. L.Joe glared at anyone who dared make a comment, being the cool guy he was.

However, Miyoung could see that he was actually rather happy with Mihye, and so was she with him. They fitted together rather well because L.Joe was cool and witty, while Mihye was a whole new level of bravery and sarcasm. L.Joe really met his competitor this time.

Miyoung would have found it sweet and endearing, and would have been cooing about this new mating couple to Kyungmi, if not for the new discovery she had made the precious day.

Throughout the day, Miyoung observed Kyungmi's reactions to Gongchan and Gongchan's to Kyungmi, and it was undeniable that the girl liked her best friend.

Miyoung wanted to knock her head on the wall for not noticing it, but now it was too late.

She wondered what Gongchan would think if he did know that his mate was actually Kyungmi. She remembered what Kyungmi said to her the previous day.

What if she was the first wolf in history to be rejected by her own mate?

Miyoung didn't know where this lack of self esteem from Kyungmi came from, but she did know that it wasn't certain what sort of reaction Gongchan would have if he knew.

Hence Miyoung decided to take things into her own hands to find out what Gongchan thought.

The three of them were presently having a picnic on the grass patch under a large shady tree during break. Miyoung quietly ate her cake and kept looking between Gongchan and Kyungmi.

"Is something wrong today, Miyoung?" Gongchan questioned curiously. He reached out and felt her forehead worriedly. "Are you sick?"

Miyoung pushed his hands away and glanced at Kyungmi, now cautious of all skinship with Gongchan because she knew Kyungmi liked him.

"What makes you think that, Chansik oppa?" she asked.

Gongchan shrugged and chuckled, picking up another piece of cake. "Well for one, you're quiet today." he noted. He grinned at her. "And Park Miyoung is NEVER quiet."

"Hey!" Miyoung retorted, pouting lightly. Kyungmi giggled softly, shaking her rad.

"I don't talk a lot." Miyoung defended.

Gongchan nodded and ruffled her hair. "Hmm hmm." he grinned. "You don't talk a lot. You talk incessantly." he teased. He hooked his arm around Kyungmi's shoulders.

"Now if the one we're talking about now is Kyungmi, then it'd be different." Gongchan grinned. "Kyungmi doesn't keep talking non stop like you, Miyoung."

Miyoung bit her lip and eyed the hand that was wound around Kyungmi's shoulders. She noted how Kyungmi's cheeks instantly flared red and she kept sipping her water and discreetly fanning herself.

"Yeah yeah." Miyoung pretended to say. She looked at Kyungmi. "Well I can't deny that Kyungmi would be a better mate than I am." she added, eying Gongchan.

Kyungmi's eyes widened, wondering what Miyoung was trying to do.

Gongchan retrieved his arm around Kyungmi and instantly the latter felt like something was missing. He raised a brow at Miyoung. "What makes you think that?" he questioned.

"Well," Miyoung started counting off her fingers. "Im sure guys don't like girls who chatter all the time. And I can't cook and clean. Look at this marvelous sponge cake we're having now!" she exclaimed, getting more and more into it.

She picked up the orange sponge cake Kyungmi had made them. "I can't do anything like this!" she announced, not one bit ashamed. "If your mate was Kyungmi you'd be able to eat things like this every day!"

Gongchan laughed and took a sip of his water, shaking his head. Thinking that his laughter was actually encouragement, Miyoung continued with renewed vigor.

"And what's more," Miyoung went on. "Kyungmi's sensitive and considerate unlike me. I'm so dense all the time. And she would make a brilliant mother, have you seen how she interacts with those kids in the village? She'd make the best mate ever. If only I was a guy!" she ended dramatically.

By then, Gongchan was howling in laughter and rolling on the floor. Miyoung scratched her head confusedly and looked over to Kyungmi who shook her head at Miyoung.

"Don't." Kyungmi mouthed. Miyoung understood, perhaps she wanted Gongchan to realize things by himself, but she couldn't just stand there and watch this block of wood think!

Gongchan finally calmed down and he ruffled Miyoung's hair again, amused. "You sound like you're Kyungmi's governess or something." he mused, affections lighting his eyes. "Don't tell me you're not straight?" he faked a gasp.

Miyoung made a face and pushed his hands away. "I like guys, not girls." she stated firmly. "I just said what I thought was true, no exaggeration intended." she said truthfully.

Gongchan looked at her and smiled softy. "Well, you'll make a great mate too, Miyoung. Don't doubt yourself."

*A great mate I'd like to have for myself.* he added.

Miyoung wanted to face palm herself. *This isn't about my own self esteem, Chansik oppa! I don't care if I'll make the worst mate in the world because it won't bother me. But can't you open your eyes and see how wonderful Kyungmi is?* she fumed.

 

 

Kyungmi had gone home because she had some family matters. Her younger brother had gotten into some trouble at school and her parents needed her to fetch him home from the academy since they were busy working.

That left Miyoung and Gongchan to go home together. Gongchan decided to walk Miyoung home since they didn't live too far from each other, and he wanted some time alone with her. As much as he liked Kyungmi, she was just a friend and the one in his heart was still Miyoung.

Miyoung was quiet for most of the journey home and Gongchan looked at her worriedly. "Are you sure you're okay, Miyoung?" Gongchan asked worriedly. "You're really quiet and it's frightening me."

Miyoung looked at him and smiled. "I'm fine." she assured. *At least the one with the problems isn't me, Chansik oppa.* she thought.

Gongchan nodded with a smile. "Good. I don't like to see you sad or anything." he told her, tapping her nose. "And in case you're still thinking about the mating thing, don't worry okay? You'll do fine. You're the best mate anyone can get." he assured.

Shaking her head, Miyoung laughed. She knew she was far from the best mate, but she knew she'd be loyal. But that was besides the point. Miyoung glanced at Gongchan and her lips nervously.

"I was just thinking, Chansik oppa." Miyoung started. "It's the mating season already. What would happen if one day Kyungmi finds her mate?" she eyed him carefully.

Gongchan smiled. "Then that's great isn't it?" he asked. "I want to see her live happily ever after with the guy who's right for her."

Miyoung frowned. "But won't you get bothered if she finds someone else?" she questioned suspiciously. "Haven't the thought that, hmm actually it's not bad if Kyungmi's my mate, ever crossed your mind?"

Gongchan blinked at her blankly. "No."

Miyoung decided from then on for any matters relating to Gongchan, facepalm would never ever suffice. She frowned and looked at him sharply. "No?" her voice rose to a shriek. "But don't you think it's such a waste that such a nice girl is going to another guy? Don't you think that way?"

Gongchan raised his brows at her. "Why are you so worked up, Miyoung? Relax." he patted her head with a smile.

Miyoung blew a raspberry and pouted lightly. "Fine." she grumbled.

Walking beside her, Gongchan sighed contently. "Well I guess this might be the answer you're looking for." Gongchan murmured. "It won't matter to me if Kyungmi finds her mate because I don't like her that way. We're friends. Best friends. I'll be happy for her, not jealous because what I feel for her is purely platonic."

Platonic. Miyoung shuddered. The word was awful. Dreadfully awful.

"And you don't need to worry for Kyungmi." Gongchan went on, oblivious to what Miyoung was thinking. "Some other guy will learn to apreciate Kyungmi's charm instead of me." he looked at her. "It's not like I'm her mate right?" he joked.

Miyoung faked a smile and nodded. *Not her mate? There's a lot of things you don't know, Chansik oppa.* she thought miserably.