Arch Enemies

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"Have you got your school bag?" Mrs Park asked. "Phone? Money? Bus fair?"

Miyoung walked down the stairs and rolled her eyes. "Umma, I'm turning 21 this year." she reminded. "Stop treating me like a kid." she scoffed as she put down her bag on the couch and headed for the dining table for a piece of toast.

And yes, werewolves eat toasts too.

Mrs Park sighed and cupped her daughter's face. "Well you can't blame me. You grew up so quickly to be the most beautiful werewolf I've ever known." she sighed dreamily. "You're prettier than any human girl out there when you're in your human form, Miyoung, don't let anyone tell you other wise."

Miyoung just waved the matter away. "Not like I'll entertain such talk." she muttered.

Mr Park, also known as the Park Leader to the public, raised his brows over the newspaper he was reading. And yes, werewolves read.

"Yeobo, just stop worrying about your daughter. She's almost grown up. Nearly, anyway." he half chided.

Mrs Park sighed softly and plopped herself next to her husband on the couch. "Arraso arraso." she nodded. "No fussing alright?" However, immediately after she said that, Mrs Park could be seen fidgetting on the couch and looking thoroughly restless as she kept shooting looks at Miyoung.

Miyoung raised her brows at her mother questioningly. "You have a question, umma?" she prodded.

Mrs Park nodded and looked at her husband. "Just one more question, dear." she assured. "Brought the garlic with you? If not, I have some here." she held out a ridiculously large bunch.

Miyoung's eyes bulged out and Mr Park snapped his head towards his wife. "UMMA!" Miyoung protested at the same time her father exclaimed, "YEOBO!"

Mr Park rolled his eyes and plucked the garlic away from his wife. "Yeobo, not only are you worrying excessively, you're also not trusting our werewolf defences." he scolded. "We will NOT, I repeat, NOT, let any damned vampire into our land. No need for garlics cause they are not coming."

Mrs Park raised her hands. "Arraso arraso. "she pouted. "I was just.. you know.. Being safe."

Miyoung giggled and shook her head. She went over to her parents and kissed them both of their cheeks. "Well don't worry about me, umma. Your daughter's going to be the valedictorian this year." she assured them.

"Well I'll get going to school now, umma, appa!" Miyoung waved. "See you at night!"

She ran out and grabbed her pink bicycle, cycling away to school. Mrs Park kept looking at her daughter until the latter disappeared out of sight. She sighed and plopped herself back onto the couch. "It's your fault!" she suddenly scolded her husband.

Mr Park raised his brows. "Excuse me?"

"That you didn't force Miyoung to let the chauffeur drive her to school everyday." Mrs Park muttered. "See now? Your daughter has to cycle to school everyday."

Mr Park frowned. "That was her own choice, yeobo. You know no one can change our daughter's mind when she's set about something." he told her. "And don't you worry about her. I repeat, she's nearly grown up."

Mrs Park sighed and leaned her head against her husband's shoulder. "That's the problem." she whispered. "She's turning 21 this season and she is most slightly going to find her mate this year. Unless she misses one season, but she'll still find her mate next year. She's going to leave us soon, yeobo." Mrs Park's voice cracked.

Mr Park looked over at his wife and sighed, wrapping an arm round her shoulder. "She's not leaving us, yeobo." he whispered. "She's bringing us a son for us back with her."

 

 

"LEE CHANHEE! Where the hell are you!" Mrs Lee hollered. "It's time to get to school and don't you let me catch you-" she flung Chunji's bedroom door opened.

She stared at her son sleeping on the bed, topless and face down in the most comfortable position ever. She blew a raspberry. "Sleeping." she finished.

She sighed and went over to push the curtains out of the way, letting the sunlight shine through. Frowning, she bent over Chunji's still sleeping form and pinched his ear.

He didn't move.

*Why did I have such a pig as a son? Isn't he supposed to be a wolf?* Mrs Lee thought desperately. She pinched harder and twisted, pulling Chunji's head up in the process.

Chunji jerked awake and felt the stabbing pain on his ear as his mother tortured his body part, making sure that every ounce of his cell was well awake.

"I'm awake I'm awake!" Chunji cried out. Mrs Lee smirked and let go, leaving Chunji to whimper and rub his ear pathetically. "Umma!" he frowned.

Mrs Lee ignored her son's complaints and pulled him out of bed. "It's time to go to school, Lee Chanhee." she chided. "You're the son of the Lee Leader, for god's sake. I don't know why you're nothing like your father." she grumbled.

Chunji made a face. "He's him and I'm me. Personality man." he sauntered slowly to the toilet, much to Mrs Lee displeasure. "And how many times have I told you to call me Chunji, umma? Chanhee's...ugh." he winched.

Mrs Lee smacked his head and pushed him into the toilet. "That's the name I gave you and you're going to use it." she hissed. "You better get down at the breakfast table in five minutes or I'll make sure you don't have money for this week."

"Umma!" Chunji shrieked, horrified, but not because of the money. "Five minutes?" he asked, dumbfounded. "How is that enough to even brush my teeth and wash my face? And your beautiful son has to shave, to manage his hair, his beautiful hair you know! How am I supposed to attract the ladies-"

"Just get going you." Mrs Lee closed the toilet door in his face. She heard Chunji groaning inside and she shook her head. "I can't imagine how he's going to become responsible this year when he's going to get a mate." she muttered.

-----

After fifteen minutes of preparation, Chunji went down to the breakfast table where his parents were already eating. He greeted them and buttered a bread lazily. "Can you please eat faster, Chanhee?" Mr Lee frowned. "You're already late."

Chunji pouted and looked at his father. "Seriously, appa." he muttered. "Why do we have to go to school anyways? We're wolves! We howl, and scare people, and howl. That doesn't exactly need to be learnt in textbooks, unless you want to howl in harmony. Now that's a different question." he said sarcastically.

Mr Lee wanted to punch his son's face. "We are werewolves, yes. Half wolves and half human, Chanhee." he growled. "You can't be like a cave man and behave like an animal when we're not that low graded." he hissed. "Just eat, get your out and go to school!" he hollered.

Chunji jumped and he grabbed his bread and bag, rushing to the car. "And don't let me catch you going out with another girl tonight!" Mr Lee warned.

Chunji rolled his eyes and plopped into the seat, starting the engine. "Don't you know Economics, appa?" Chunji whispered to himself. "Unlimited wants, limited resources. You can't always get what you want, you know that right?" he grinned.

With that, he sped off to school.

Mr Lee shook his head and rubbed his temples. "This boy..." he complained. "will be the death of me." he declared. "I don't get how he can date almost all the females in the Lee Pack already. It's insane. Is he trying hard to find the right one? Because that's stupid, when he already has his fated mate."

"I think he's just having fun before he gets tied down to his mate." Mrs Lee explained. "Youngsters these days." she shook her head. "They don't know how strong the bond is between mates until they experience it for themselves."

She wiped the table and blinked. "At least he's not dealing with that Park Leader's daughter, Park Miyoung."

Mr Lee snapped his head towards his wife. "Ewww that thing's daughter!" he made a face. "Don't disgust me, yeobo! Why would our son associate with such filth!" He went on and on about the bad points of the Park Leader and Mrs Lee secretly smiled.

"I knew he'd digress."

 

 

Chunji drove all the way to the Werewolf Academy, pulling down the top of his convertible and letting the wind blow his hair in a million places. It went against his efforts to style his hair in the morning, but he knew how cool it looked for a guy to drive a car like that. So he usually made his hair for another half an hour in the toilet after he reached school.

The girls that were walking to school caught sight of him and squealed delightfully. Chunji smirked and put on his sunglasses. *I am perfect.*

He passed by a girl riding a pink bicycle and his eyes narrowed.

"Park Miyoung." he spat in distaste.

He stepped hard on the accelerator and pressed the horn. Miyoung jumped in surprise and turned around, only to have the car speed past her and whipping her skirt and hair about.

"HAHAHA YOU NOOB!" Chunji laughed loudly and drove into the school. Miyoung made a face and straightened her skirt.

"Ugh, stupid Lee Chanhee." she grumbled, picking up her pace again. "I really hate you."