Kyungmi's Mate

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

After some time, the wolves finally returned to school after they were fully recovered. And when they got back, they were surprised. Utterly surprised.

"Chunji and Miyoung forever!!!" the wolves chanted with extreme enthusiasm when the gang walked into school.

Chunji blinked and rubbed his eyes in surprise. There were banners and posters that celebrated their return, and the main point was how Chunji's and Miyoung's name were put together instead of purposely placed apart like how the wolves usually did.

"Chunji and Miyoung....the best couple of all?" Miyoung read in surprise. She snapped her head towards Chunji and saw the same surprise mirrored in his face.

"What is happening?" Chunji whispered in awe. "Oh my gosh I think I'm dreaming. I'm most certain I am." he said surely.

Miyoung pinched his arm and Chunji yelped in surprise. "Miyoung!" he whined, pouting.

"It hurts right?" Miyoung giggled, her eyes bright. She looked around at the masses of people who were cheering them on. "Oh my gosh Chanhee oppa they're cheering for us!" she let out a squeal.

Chunji gripped Miyoung's hand and they walked into the hallway. The masses of people parted in the middle just like in the movies and gave them a path to walk through.

All the while, they cheered loudly and showed their support for this couple, the couple they initially disliked and even tried to break up.

"Wow this is amazing." Mihye whispered to L.Joe as they followed behind the main couple. "They must have seen how its impossible to tear the two away from each other. How much Chunji loves her when he willingly touched the silver to save her life."

L.Joe nodded with a soft smile. "I never thought Chunji hyung would be such a faithful lover." he confessed. "Seems like Miyoung's just the one for him."

Meanwhile behind them, Ricky's eyes were so large that they must have hurt to open them so large. "Omo! I'm so jealous!" he pouted. "Why are they cheering for Chunji and Miyoung but not for us, noona?"

Jaemi punched his arm lightly. "Don't be childish!" she hissed.

Ricky pouted but he pulled her nearer. "Arraso noona. I'll be a man that you can depend on!" he thumped his own chest and beamed.

Jaemi shook her head and laughed softly. She looked around and whispered," You're fine the way you are."

Ricky blinked and beamed brightly, pressing a big wet smooch on her cheek. "NOONA YOU'RE SO SWEETTT~"

The gang went to their respective classes and the crowd escorted the Chunji Miyoung couple wherever they went. "I can't believe they're supporting us now, Chanhee oppa." Miyoung whispered, smiling lightly. "They were so against a Lee Park couple in the beginning."

Chunji nodded. He tightened his grip on her hand and smiled at the blissful expression on her face. "Yeah. But wolves change. And so did I."

Miyoung looked at him curiously. Chunji gave her a teasing grin and brushed her bangs out of her face. "I did, didn't I?" he murmured. "I changed so much for you, Park Miyoung. Don't you know how much I love you?" he tapped her nose.

Miyoung giggled and hugged his arm. "I love you too Chanhee oppa." she sighed contently. "Thank you for being so honest. Thank you for changing. Thank you for everything."

Chunji pressed a kiss on the top of her head and chuckled. "Well now that I think about it," he pretended to think. "The Chunji in the past would never let his eyes fall on Park Miyoung for more than a second." he remembered. "Wonder if it's the right decision to change that way...?"

Miyoung whipped her head to glare at him. "Lee Chanhee!!!"

 

 

The gang was lazing around under one of the larger trees during break. Kyungmi had prepared a scrumptious picnic for the gang and they were enjoying every bite thoroughly.

"This is amazing, Kyungmi." Changjo praised as he bit into the waffle she made. "It's even better than those sold in the cafe."

Kyungmi smiled shyly and Gongchan nodded. "Yeah. You're always such a good cook Kyungmi."

Kyungmi looked at him in surprise. "Hmm? But you always said Miyoung's the better cook."

Gongchan bit his lip and shook his head now. "I think you're a pretty decent cook now." he offered.

Kyungmi smiled in appreciation at his comment. Miyoung leaned on Chunji's shoulder and watched the interaction.

She was confused. Kyungmi had obviously developed the golden eyes for Gongchan, but was he really going to be her mate? That had seemed really unlikely from his past attitude but was it changing now?

"Well this is good." Niel admitted as he chomped down a sandwich. "Your mate's going to be really lucky, Kyungmi noona."

Kyungmi just smiled. She didn't really care about the mating system anymore. It didn't seem to work for her.

She took a bite off her sandwich and some of the mayonnaise got smeared at the corner of . She didn't notice and she continued eating, smiling softly at the good weather.

Gongchan and Changjo did, on the other hand, and they grabbed tissues at the same time and reached out to her. "You have mayo on our cheek Kyungmi." they echoed at the same time.

Kyungmi blinked in surprise at their attentiveness while both boys glared at each other for doing the same thin as themselves.

"I'll help you wipe it off Kyungmi." Changjo offered and pushed Gongchan's hand away, cupping Kyungmi's cheek tenderly and wiping the mayo off carefully.

Gongchan scowled. He reached for the apple juice and poked a straw through it. "Here Kyungmi you must be thirsty." he smiled.

Kyungmi didn't seem to know what to do with both boys having their attention fixed so intently on her. She pinked and squeezed her eyes shut.

"I uh..." she blinked. "I think-"

"Oh my god." Niel blurted. The sandwich that was in his mouth dropped onto the grass. "Kyungmi noona! Your eyes!"

Kyungmi gasped and her eyes flew to cover her eyes as she squeezed them shut. "Oh no."

Miyoung hurriedly rushed over after Chunji passed her a jacket that was lying on the floor. "Kyungmi use this to cover." she offered.

Kyungmi hid her face from the gang and pinked rapidly. Ricky frowned in confusion. "Why are you covering your golden eyes Kyungmi noona?"

Miyoung bit her lip and glanced at Gongchan. "Uh well the fact is Chansik oppa, he doesn't-"

"Gongchan is her mate?" L.Joe asked, raising a brow. "How do you know? There are so many single wolves right here." he pointed out.

Miyoung sighed. She looked at Kyungmi and the latter nodded to suggest she could finally let on on the secret.

"It isn't the first time she had her golden eyes." Miyoung admitted. "This is the third."

"The third?" everyone echoed.

Kyungmi nodded. "The first time was one time a few months ago when we were having a picnic like this. I saw my reflection and saw my eyes like this so I ran away to the toilet. None of you knew besides Miyoung."

"And the second time was at the Forest Hotel mountain climb." Chunji told the rest. "I was looking for Miyoung's wallet when I saw Kyunmi lagging behind. She had her golden eyes then."

The gang nodded in understanding. Gongchan looked at Kyunmi with unreadable eyes. "But why didn't you tell me, Kyungmi?" he whispered. "For months?"

Kyungmi winced. "You liked Miyoung. You always have. What would you think if suddenly I developed golden eyes for you?" she asked. "You'd be disappointed. I don't want to face that."

"Kyungmi..." Gongchan didn't know what to say, besides the surge of regret filling his entire being.

Changjo was silent the whole while and CAP peeked at him. "You okay man?" he nudged his buddy, knowing fully well that Changjo did like Kyungmi genuinely.

Changjo frowned and looked at Gongchan and back at Kyungmi. "Wait. How do you know it's Gongchan?" he asked again.

Kyungmi blinked. "Well this is the third time-"

"Yes I know." Changjo cut in. He looked at her seriously. "But for all the times there were other wolves around besides him. Like me. I was there in every of the times you said you developed those golden eyes. How do you know it's not me those eyes are for?" he questioned.

Kyungmi blinked. "I..." she gaped, speechless.

"You just naturally assumed it was Gongchan because he's your crush for the longest time." Changjo reasoned, his tone kind. "You wanted it to be him so badly so when you developed the golden eyes, you thought it was him, your dream come true."

He reached out to take Kyungmi's hand. "But from what I see, the possibility that your mate is me as high as it being Gongchan." he whispered. "It can be either of us."

Kyungmi blinked, unable to speak. Gongchan frowned at the turn of events. "Wait I don't think..." he frowned.

Miyoung looked at Chunji and he nodded. "I think...I think what Changjo said makes sense." he admitted. "It can be either of them. It can even be CAP hyung or Niel, but less likely because on all three times they were situated far from Kyungmi. Gongchan and Changjo are equal possibilities."

Kyungmi swallowed. So all this time she thought her mate was Gongchan...it could be someone else?

She didn't know if she should be happy or not. She just felt numb.

She saw Gongchan and Changjo eying each other intensely. "So now what?" she asked, gulping.

"We have to wait for more signs." Changjo said firmly. "It's either Gongchan, or me."

Kyungmi fanned herself. *Oh gosh.*