Briefing session

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

The school was in some sort of an excited mode as the two senior batches, the oldest and the second oldest batch which Miyoung and Chunji was in, gathered in the hall.

The parents were also invited as this was a stage in their children's lives that was extremely important, the highlight of a wolf's life. The wolves got seated with their parents and friends as they waited for Principal Jang to make his yearly talk.

Every year, there would be a talk like this that Principal Jang would conduct, to educate these rising new wolves on how to handle when they meet their mates and such.

The students were wildly excited, not only for the information, but also for the real mating season to really begin. The arrival of this briefing session however, was a signal of the start of the Mating Season. The Mating Season usually happened around this time of the year, and Principal Jang was normally very accurate about it.

Ranging from an hour after a talk to a whole week, the first couple that would be formed in the process would then really signal that the mating magic was indeed going on strong and well. The students were excited for that to happen to themselves and couldn't wait for that to happen.

There were cases as well though, when the wolves didn't find their mates when they were 21, like Miyoung and Chunji. Around three quarters would find their mates, and one quarter wouldn't. However, the one quarter would then wait for the next season the next year as it was assumed that their destined mate was a year younger. The maximum number of times a wolf had delayed his Mating Season was two years, so it was assumed that most of them here would meet their mate soon.

Chunji sat with his parents, together with Teen Top on the other side of him. He looked around, wondering what Principal Jang was going to talk about. He was trying very hard to block his father's voice from his right, and wasn't doing a good job out of it.

"You better not flirt with other girls after you identified your mate, Chanhee." Mr Lee warned. "I can't bear to think that my son might be the only wolf in history that wouldn't stay faithful to his mate." he shuddered. He looked Chunji up and down. "And judging by your usual actions, I really regret to say that it's highly possible."

Chunji rolled his eyes at his father. "I'm impressed with the amount of faith you have in me, Abeoji." he said sarcastically.

L.Joe laughed from the Chunji's side and Chunji shot a look at his best friend. L.Joe shrugged and looked at the Lee Leader. "I totally agree with you, Mr Lee." he grinned.

The briefing session began as Principal Jang went up onto the stage and took his place with the mike. The chatterings all died down and one could virtually feel the tension and excitement that was bubbling throughout the whole place. Even the parents were excited even though they had heard this talk once before when they were 21 as well, but it was a different thing, listening to this while preparing their child for their mate.

"Good afternnoon everyone." Principal Jang smiled at the students and parents. "I'm glad you have all of you here right now for the annual Briefing session for the Mating Season. As most of you would know, the Mating Season is coming up, and it wouldn't take long for the first couple of the season to surface."

There came a series of Awwww's and Ohhhh's as he said that. Principal Jang smiled. "I'm glad you guys are excited about meeting your mate, because I can assure you, the feeling you get when you meet your mate is totally out of what you can imagine, feeling for the opposite ."

Gongchan bit his lip. *I doubt so. Is there another emotion that can over take what I feel for Miyoung right now?* he thought curiously as he glanced at Miyoung who was sitting a few seats away from him with her parents and Kyungmi.

"Well first things first," Principal Jang told them."Your mate may have been someone you never really noticed before and suddenly paid a lot of attention to. Or someone that you've known for a long time and never regarded anything more than just a friend, when you started seeing them in a different light. Whatever the case, the first thing that you would feel are called, Urges."

He clicked on his computer and the first slide was shown on the screen. URGES was spelt right in the middle in big bold red words.

"What are urges?" Principal Jang asked. "Well, Urges are these sudden feelings of want and desire that you feel for that certain someone. It may sometimes be mistaken as lust or longing, because they are very similar. However, unlike usual lust, urges you feel for your mate will last much longer, and no matter how you try to bury it inside you, you can't get it out of your system."

"Woah, that sounds quite scary." Ricky whipsered.

CAP rolled his eyes and whacked Ricky's head. "Pay attention."

Principal Jang smiled at the crowd as he continued with his speech. "These urges may last quite some time before the official confirmation that the person is your mate." he told them. "Sometimes, you can have urges for a person for only a few days before the official confirmation and sometimes the urges might last for the entire season before the confirmation."

"As you guys might already know." Principal Jang clicked on another slide. "The confirmation."

He clicked another time and a pair of golden eyes were shown on the screen. Murmurs ran throughout the room as the wolves grew curious.

"When you've identified someone as your mate truly," Principal Jang told them. "Your eyes would turn golden just like that when you're in their proximity. They would turn golden when you are excited, aroused, or happy near them."

"That looks kind of creepy if you ask me." Ricky commented.

Niel frowned. "Aish just listen!" he whacked Ricky's head again, on the sore spot that CAP did previously.

"The thing about the golden eyes is that one person may get the signal before the other." Principal Jang explained. "But that doesn't mean anyone of you is less important to the other. Because in the end, both of you would be mates as well."

Chunji nodded in understanding. He tried picturing himself going crazy over this faceless girl in his imagination, and his eyes turning golden when he went near her. He shook his head. He couldn't.

"So what happens after that?" Principal Jang asked. "Well firstly, when you have your first urges, the first thing to do is to report it to the ministry." he told them. "As the Park leader and Lee leader have requested, who are by the way sitting right here in the hall.."

All eyes turned to the two leaders and they waved their hands awkwardly.

"When you report your urges to the ministry, or you act on your urges and is being caught in the act," Principal Jang told them. "You and your mate will be given a new home that you will live together in. Even if the golden eyes stage hasn't arrived yet, that doesn't mean you two are any less mates to each other because the urges would be so acute and accurate to mean anything else."

Principal Jang took a sip of water.  "However, the golden eyes would mean that this is the mate you are going to live the rest of your life with and you pledge your loyalty to this wolf forever." he smiled. "You don't need to worry about the sharing of the houses with your mates for now, because then, everything will seem natural."

"So, are you guys clear?"

 

 

"Aren't you excited for the Mating Season, Kyungmi?" Miyoung whispered over to her best friend. "I really can't wait to see my mate!" she beamed.

Kyungmi laughed at her best friend's enthusiasm. In fact, she was just as excited inside, but being soft spoken like she was, she didn't really express her emotions this freely.

"Who do you think will be your mate, Kyungmi?" Miyoung asked again, looking around. The crowd was already dispersing as the session concluded. Some of the seniors and other park pack wolves were making their way out.

"How about that guy?" Miyoung pointed.

Kyungmi narrowed her eyes at the guy Miyoung pointed at. "He's called Kim Jaejoong I think." she whispered. "He's pretty popular with the girls and many are hoping to be his mate when he didn't find his last year."

Miyoung nodded. Kim Jaejoong looked rather handsome and his figure looked rather built as well. She smiled and nodded as he held the door for some people to walk pass.

"How about that guy?" Kyungmi pointed.

Miyoung turned and her eyes fell on Seyong. "Kim Seyong?" she whispered back. "I had a chance to partner him for some project back in third grade. He's quite nice." she smiled.

Seyong caught her looking and sent a small wave. Miyoung smiled back and waved as well.

She looked around and finally anther guy caught her attention. "Who's that?"

"You mean Jang Wooyoung?" Kyungmi asked. She giggled as Wooyoung almost tripped over his shoelaces.

"Wooyoung's really nice to girls too." she told Miyoung. "But he's known for being clumsy. Maybe as much as Onew Sunbae."

Miyoung giggled. She stretched and shook her head. "Aish molla molla. I have no idea who my mate will be." she wrinkled her nose. "Does it make sense for me to anticipate when I don't even have someone I hope that will become my mate?"

Kyungmi nodded. "Of course." she bit her lip and lowered her gaze. "Of course, if you already liked someone, you'd which your mate was him."

She discreetly glanced at Gongchan who was talking his parents and her cheeks tinged pink.

Miyoung shrugged. She caught sight of Chunji going out of the room with the rest of the Teen Top members and she turned her nose up high.

"Whatever the case," Miyoung snorted. "No matter who it turns out to be, as long as it isn't Lee Chanhee I'll thank the Gods for it."