Puzzled Chunji

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Chunji was thoroughly puzzled with Miyoung's behavior for the next few days. For one, he didn't even see her enough to make judgement of what happened to her.

Miyoung made sure to always pipe u with an excuse whenever Chunji comes near and before he knows it, she darts off, leaving him alone again.

He recalled how little they interacted the few days.

Chunji had been coming out of the room one morning with his perfect hair as always and going to the dining room to have his lovely breakfast with his mate.

He peeked at her from the corner and smile when he saw her eating her toast and reading her newspaper, looking cute and refreshed.

Chunji walked out to her with a smile, only to notice how she jerked up in surprise at his appearance and gobbled the toast doubly fast.

"Are you going anywhere?" Chunji asked, confused.

Miyoung gulped down her tea and faked a quick smile. "Yeah. Uh I have council meeting."

With that, she raced out of house without even giving time for Chunji to charm her into giving him his usual morning kiss.

It wasn't until later that he realized it was rather strange. "Didn't council only hold their meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays?" he wondered. "But today's Monday."

Another incident that spiked his suspicion was when Miyoung had been watching her dramas with her habitual bowl of marshmallows and chocolate.

Chunji had gone for a shower and he hugged Miyoung from behind when he came out. She had looked so cute when he gazed at her from behind.

Her every reaction to the little things that were happening in the show, and how she would murmur a little "Hmmmm~" whenever she popped a marshmellow into .

Chunji wanted to press a kiss on the top of her head, when Miyoung pulled away, stiffening considerably.

Chunji frowned and hopped over the couch to sit beside her. "What's wrong?"

Miyoung shook her head. "Nothing." she eyed the tv screen for a few moments and bit her lip. It was coming to the interesting part of the show and she really didn't want to miss it.

However, she stood up and smiled at him mildly. "I'm tired. I'll go to sleep now." she announced, darting into the bedroom.

Chunji scratched his head in wonder and looked at the bowl of marshmallows. There were more than half left and it wasn't like her to waste food.

He frowned at the tv. It was her favorite show as well. Her bias of all time Kim Jaejoong looking y as ever in a period drama.

"And most of all," he muttered. "It's only 8! Why is she sleeping at 8?"

 

 

"I think something is bothering Miyoung." Chunji muttered when e met with the Teen Top boys the next day. "She doesn't want to stay near me and it's like she avoids me every where I go."

The Teen Top members brooded over the problem. "Doesn't this sound familiar?" Ricky scratched his head.

"Yes very." Changjo grinned. "Remember that time when Chunji hyung and Miyoung noona just found out they were mates? They were attracted to each other but they were enemies as well, so they just avoided the problem."

Changjo looked at Chunji. "Sounds something like what's happening now isn't it?"

Niel tapped his chin. "The problem here is...why would Miyoung avoid Chunji hyung now?" he asked the big question. "It's not like they're awkward anymore. Please I think they're too loving and touchy for my taste." he wrinkled his nose.

Chunji whacked Niel's head and rolled his eyes. But he nodded. "Yeah. We aren't awkward anymore." he admitted. "There's no need to feel embarrassed because you know you're going to live the rest of your life with this girl and it's official."

"Then what's the problem?" CAP asked. "Obviously there must be something about you that makes her want to run away, Chunji."

Chunji pouted and propped his chin up with his elbows. "But what?"

Chunji elbowed L.Joe. "What do you think I should do?" he asked. "You're the first one out of us to get a mate. You should know."

L.Joe shrugged. "I don't know." he shot Chunji an annoyed glance. "But I do know that Mihye likes it when I try to be romantic so yeah."

"You try to be romantic, hyung?" Ricky and Changjo howled in laughter.

"Bastards." L.Joe grumbled, though his cheeks pinking.

Chunji tapped his chin in thought. *Romantic huh?*

 

 

Chunji went around the whole town for his "romantic" gesture that day. He went to the east side to get flowers, the west for the champagne, the south side for the food and the north for the scented candles.

He laid the things out at home while Miyoung hadn't reached and promptly started preparing.

He scattered flower petals everywhere and lit the candles after dimming the room light. He set the bottle of champagne on the table and smiled, happy with his work.

Now came the most important part which was the cooking. Instead of ordering from some restaurant which would guarantee good taste and a saving of time, Chunji opted to cook himself.

He wanted Miyoung to eat something he made entirely himself, and smile at him saying how nice it tasted. Not for his glory, but that his efforts was able to put a smile on he face.

Chunji got his ingredients ready and began heating the stove to grill the fish. He got the fish out of the fridge and was shocked to find that the scales were still intact.

"Eotteohke?" Chunji panicked. He decided to use a knife to slice the scaly parts off to get the meat.

But since he wasn't very proficient with the knife and he was afraid of cutting himself, he cut deep into the meat to get the skin out.

When the fish laid bare, it was so skinny and scrawny with most of its flesh on the skin which Chunji had thrown away.

"Aish. Looks bad." he frowned. He shook his head and cheered himself on, reminding himself of his purpose. Miyoung.

He spread some salt on the fish pieces and out them on the pan to grill. He had no idea how long it was supposed to be, so he just kept cutting and cutting and cutting the fish pieces to peer into the inner flesh to see of they were cooked.

By the time he decided they were done, the fish was almost in a paste form instead of slices.

He moved onto the asparagus soup next since he told Miyoung about it. He had no idea how to make it, so be cut the asparagus in large blocky bits and threw them into plain water, hoping some how or another it would turn out well.

The more he cooked, the worst he felt. How was this going to melt her heart? It's barely edible!

Chunji threw the apron on the ground and decided to rush out to buy something from the eatery near by, when he heard the door unlock.

His eyes widened as his senses told him Miyoung had come home.

*Oh no.*