Their Third Interview

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Chunji trudged unwillingly towards the destination point where he and Miyoung were supposed to meet. He mentally cursed himself for having agreed to have this meeting in the first place and not every fibre of his being was regretting it. Bad.

They were supposed to meet today, on the Sunday, to look for their third couple to interview for their project. Chunji was alright about it until he suddenly had these weird thoughts of Miyoung recently which he didn't know how to handle.

He couldn't trust himself right now.

He couldn't believe that he just imagined, of all people Park Miyoung, imagined her and him.... *OH GOD WHY.* Chunji thought to himself and face palmed mentally. Something was dreadfully wrong with him to be thinking that way.

And not only that, he wasn't sure he could face Park Miyoung and her darned y neck now of all times. He wasn't ready yet! He needed to go into meditation for at least two weeks to calm his nerves and clear his head about this and time wasn't given.

He shook his head and patted his own cheeks. "You can do this Lee Chanhee." he murmured. "It's just a freaking neck. A y slender milky smooth neck, but just a neck." he told himself.

"I hope she doesn't tie her hair up today." Chunji wrinkled her nose. He pumped his fists into the air and smiled triumphantly. "Neck or not, she's only Park Miyoung, Chunji! You can conquer her!"

With that, he marched confidently towards Miyoung who had been waiting for him, and the latter blinked confusedly at him. Chunji's nose was stuck high in the air such that they almost touched the clouds and he had that annoying cocky expression on his face.

"We should get it over and done with Park Miyoung." Chunji announced confidently. "Not a moment to waste!"

Miyoung raised a brow. "You really should go see a mental doctor." she murmured, before turning around and ignoring him and going off by herself. Chunji frowned and made a face. *What?*

He followed behind her, making sure to keep ample amounts of space between them so that her sweet scent couldn't affect his senses too much. They soon arrived at the new rows of apartments in town and walked past block after block.

These apartments were specially made for the newly recognized mates and many young couples could be seen going about. Chunji frowned and scratched his head as Miyoung ignored all the couples and walked purposefully towards one of the apartments.

"Do you already have someone in mind to interview?" Chunji asked curiously.

Miyoung beamed at him, her eyes shining with excitement. "Who's better to interview than the first mating couple of the season this year?" she asked as she knocked on the door.

They waited for a bit and there was no answer, until... "Babe get the door!" a male voice rang out.

There came a loud harrumph. "You get the door Ji! You're nearer!" the girl responded. "BABE!" Came Jiyong's annoyed voice. "JIYOONNNNNNGGGGG!!!!" Came another louder voice.

Soon, a sigh was heard and there was shuffling and the tinkling of keys before the lock turned. The door opened to reveal a freshly shaven Kwon Jiyong, looking better than Chunji ever remembered him to be. Jiyong looked surprised to see Miyoung and Chunji and he raised a brow at them.

"Miyoung sshi, Chunji sshi?" he questioned in surprise.

Miyoung smiled and took a step forward. "Uhm we're here to interview you for that project we're all doing." she explained. "Can't you please grant us some time for the interview?"

Jiyong frowned and hesitated. "But I don't like people interfering with our lives..."

"Pleasssseeeeee Jiyong?" Miyoung begged, her eyes large and shining. "Remember that time when your bicycle tyre went flat and I lent you my bike to ride home?"

Jiyong's face immediately fell and he raised his hands up in surrender. Sighing, he opened the door for Chunji and Miyoung to come in and made a face in Miyoung's direction. "I will always win with that one." he murmured. "I can never stop feeling guilty when I think of how you tricked me into taking your bike and you had to walk home that day."

Chunji followed Miyoung into the house and raised his brows at them. *So Park Miyoung and Kwon Jiyong knew each other?* he thought. He frowned at Miyoung. *Which girl in the right mind would give up their bike and walk home by herself?*

Miyoung smiled at Jiyong. "Aish don't talk about it. It's because your house is much further away from school than mine is. I can't possible let you go home like that without doing anything." she looked around cheerfully. "Where's Dara?"

At his mate's name, Jiyong's face immediately brightened. "BABE! We have visitors!"

There came a clanking of pots and pans, and a loud GONG as one of the pans dropped. Jiyong rushed into the kitchen to pick it up, heaving a sigh of relief when he found that it was empty and not laden with soup or anything. He frowned at Dara as he led her out. "Babe didn't I tell you not to step into the kitchen?" he flicked her forehead. "You're a walking disaster."

Dara pouted lightly, until she saw Chunji and Miyoung sitting in their living room. She raised her head to look at Jiyong questioningly and he explained that they wanted to interview them.

Dara immediately broke into a beam and clapped. "Woah someone wants to interview us!" she squealed and plopped herself on the couch. "Fantastic baby!"

Jiyong shook his head and chuckled softly as he settled beside Dara. He looked at Miyoung and Chunji expectantly. "Ask away."

Miyoung nodded and took out her notebook and pen. She tapped her chin with the end of her pen as she scanned through the questions she prepared. "How about tell us how it's like to be the first mating couple of this season?"

Jiyong's face immediately turned black. "I'd give anything to be the second couple and not the first." he grumbled. "Every single one wants to know our love story. I really ing hate-"

"Ji!" Dara frowned.

Jiyong sighed and nodded, poking Dara's cheek. "I really really REEEEALLLY hate those people probing into our lives." he sighed. He looked at Miyoung pointedly. "Better get this one published I tell you." he warned. "We are just like any other couple out there but just because we are the first this season, they think there's something special between us. And they bother us like mad. It's maddening." his voice was laced with frustration.

"It's that bad?" Miyoung asked sympathetically.

Dara nodded sadly. "Everytime we open our door there'll be a hoard of people coming to ask us questions." she told them. "One even asked us if we've mated yet! It's none of their business!" she pinked.

Chunji bit his lip. He had wanted to know that as well but it seems to lemon side of him has to back down, seeing Jiyong's thunderous face. Instead, he asked another question. "How did it feel when you first identified Dara as your mate?" he asked Jiyong curiously. "What compelled you to nuzzle her in front of everybody on that night of the Full Moon?"

Jiyong smirked and pulled Dara towards him. The latter let out a squeal and struggled, her face pink. Jiyong continued talking as if he didn't know Dara was squirming in his arms. "Well to be completely honest," he admitted. "I always had my eye on Dara. She's pretty and cute and outgoing. She doesn't dress like a and she doesn't chatter incessantly."

At the last quality, Chunji turned to raise his brows at Miyoung and she elbowed his stomach.

"But those were perhaps admiration." Jiyong told them. "And I didn't act on them because nothing made me do so. Until the start of the mating season, I suddenly realised I was thinking of Dara a lot. I began losing sleep because of her constantly and she clouded my mind. Once, I got so infatuated with the sight of her bare wrist. Her wrist! Imagine that!" he chuckled, pulling Dara's hand to him and playing with her fingers.

Chunji blinked. Now losing sleep sounds rather familiar. Not to mention a certain obsession with someone's neck that was less than a few feet within his reach.

"I began thinking Dara was really really beautiful." Jiyong chuckled at Dara's beaming face and pecked her lips lightly. "Not that she isn't, but the thought was now a hundred times stronger. I constantly thought and imagined how it was like to kiss her and it made me mad."

Oops. Chunji's eyes widened and he remembered how he had stared at Miyoung's lips the other time when she had fallen asleep when they were supposed to clean the classroom together.

And he had really wanted to press his lips against hers at that point of time.

"What's more is that I imagined scenarios of her and I." Jiyong laughed. "When I saw couples around and about, I imagined they were Dara and I, and it sent a stupid smile on my face. Before I knew it, I was nuzzling her cheek on Full Moon, and we were mates." he declared, curling a lock of hair behind Dara's ear.

Chunji froze. Oh no. This had happened to him as well.

He shook his head. *This can't be happening!!!*

Miyoung smiled sweetly as she took everything down. It was so romantic and wonderfully sweet. She wondered when it would happen to her as well and if she would feel something that intense for another wolf.

Her thoughts were suddenly cut off when Chunji bolted out of the door, screaming "DAMN IT!!!"

Her eyes rounded in surprise and she turned, only to see that the Daragon couple was as surprised as she was. She blinked and turned to see where Chunji had went again.

*What happened?* she scratched her head.

 

 

Hello! As I've said, I'm making an EXO fic. So here it is! See you there!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/231822