I think I love him

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Are you sure you should do this?" Chunji frowned. He was boiling in anger inside and trying to keep it in desperately and to view things in a cool collected manner.

Miyoung bit her lip and nodded. She had put on a simple light pink woolen sweater dress and her hair was held up in a cute bun.

She sighed and looked at Chunji. "I can't not go, Lee Chanhee." she murmured. "He's my best friend after all."

Previously, Gongchan had asked Miyoung to meet him at the dorks. When Miyoung asked if Kyungmi was going with them, he said no.

Miyoung could do nothing but agree to go with Gongchan's powerful persuasion. But inside, she felt like she was betraying Kyungmi's friendship.

They were best friend's. It was always the three of them. And now Gongchan was already starting to do things as Kyungmi wasn't there. What was Kyungmi to do then?

"But I really can't say no." Miyoung muttered. "He sort of used our friendship to threaten me into going." she admitted. "And anyway, if I just go out with him, he'll find that actually I'm not what he thinks I am and lose interest in me." she said hopefully.

"Miyoung..." Chunji frowned, still disapproving.

Miyoung slumped. "I know. I have to tell him to give up. Again." she muttered. "But it hurts to say it to your best friend you know?"

Chunji pulled her to him and let her hug his waist since he was standing and she was sitting. He sighed deeply. "Since he's your best friend, then you should make it clear as fast as possible. You don't want him to waste his time." he muttered.

Miyoung nodded and smiled softly. "Arraso." she nodded. "FIGHTING!" she cheered.

Chunji chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Fighting Park Miyoung!"

 

 

"Figh.....ting." Miyoung faltered when she reached the dork. Gongchan was unexpectedly dressed in a tuxedo and had a bouquet of flowers in his hand. Miyoung looked down at herself. She dressed like how she would when they were going somewhere to study.

Miyoung cleared and Gongchan turned around immediately to see her. "Miyoung!" he beamed. He waved enthusiastically as Miyoung approached him.

"Chansik oppa." she murmured, uncomfortable.

"Here Miyoung. Flowers that aren't half as pretty as you are." Gongchan handed Miyoung the flowers and smiled. Miyoung took it hesitantly. "You shouldn't have, Chansik oppa. It's not like we are together or something." she muttered.

Gongchan's face didn't fall one bit. He seemed as cheerful as before and smiled at her. "Can't I give flowers to my best friend instead?" he asked.

He reached out to take Miyoung's hand. "Come on! I booked a seat for us at that restaurant!" he pulled Miyoung with him.

Miyoung's eyes fell on his hands that curled around hers. There came flashes when they were young and Gongchan would hold her hand like this when they were crossing roads.

But she wasn't young anymore. She's an adult.

And what's more, his hand never gave her that sense of security and spark of bliss that ran down her spine like when Chunji held hers.

"Look at that cute couple there!" a elderly woman told her husband.

Miyoung immediately pulled her hand out of Gongchan's and hid it behind her. He looked at her curiously. "I think my hands are sweating, oppa." Miyoung muttered.

Gongchan nodded, his expression unreadable. *Your palms don't sweat, Miyoung.*

 

 

The two of them sat at the prime seat in the whole of the restaurant. It was evident that without prior booking, it was impossible to have that seat, especially when it was full house that day.

"What would you like, Miyoung?" Gongchan asked as he looked through the menu. "Fish fillet? Steal? Oh I know! You should get mushroom soup. You like that don't you?" he smiled.

Miyoung bit her lip and looked through the menu. She vaguely recalled one conversation where Chunji and her talked about what they like to eat.

-----

"Miyounggg make me white asparagus soup..." Chunji whined as he plopped himself on the couch. "I'm hungry.

Miyoung had thrown him a look. "Make it yourself!" she retorted. After a while, she turned towards him curiously. "What's white asparagus by the way?"

Chunji threw her a horrified look. "You don't know what it is?" he asked, scandalized. "You should try it! I must remember to bring you to some restaurant to try it some time. It's good!"

-----

Miyoung bit her lip. "I think...I think i'll have white asparagus soup." she muttered. "And grilled fish with lemon sauce."

Gongchan relayed their orders to the waiter and looked at her in surprise. "What's white asparagus soup? I have no idea what that is." he scratched his head.

"I don't know either." Miyoung grinned sheepishly. "But uh someone told me it was good so I thought I'd try it."

Gongchan ruffled her hair. "You're so cute Miyoung."

Miyoung leaned away from his touch uncomfortably and clenched her fists under the table. "Look, Chansik oppa. I'm here today not only because you're my best friend." she sighed. "I'm here because I want to tell you that-"

"There is no way you and I will have a happy ending." Gongchan finished for her.

Miyoung blinked in surprise. She looked at him and raised a brow. "So if you knew, why try?"

Gongchan grinned. "Because I don't believe it. Even if you and Chunji are really mates now, there is still a chance that you may fall in love with me. If you love him, there's a chance you'll have a change of heart."

"We're werewolves, Chansik oppa." Miyoung stressed. "Being fickle is the last thing in our bloods."

"Yes but that doesn't mean there isn't a chance that might happen." Gongchan continued cheerfully. "if I have to be the third party in your relationship, so be it. If you and Chunji are bounded by law and can't break up, I'll just be your other man for the rest of our lives."

"But is it worth it?" Miyoung asked. She was rather touched by the magnitude of things he would do for her but it was just wrong. "I can never belong to you and only you, Chansik oppa. Things have come to a point where no matter what I do, some part of me already belongs to Lee Chanhee. It's not worth it."

"It is. Even for a part of you." Gongchan insisted.

At this point, the food came and conversation was interrupted. Gongchan smiled at her sweetly. "Don't talk about it Miyoung. This is my choice." he assured. "Let's just treat us as best friends having dinner together okay?"

Miyoung sighed and nodded. "You'll always be my best friend Chansik oppa. Only my best friend." she emphasized.

Gongchan pretended not to hear and cut his steak. Miyoung let our an exasperated sigh and sipped her soup. Her eyes lit up and she smiled. It was good, just as Chunji had assured her.

"It'll have been nice if Kyungmi was here with us." Miyoung commented, observing Gongchan's expression.

He tensed for a while and resumed eating. "We see her at school tomorrow. It's the same." he murmured.

Miyoung sighed. *I hope you don't confuse yourself anymore Chansik oppa. I'm not your ONE. She's Kyungmi, not me.*

 

 

Miyoung returned home and saw Chunji nodding off while sitting at the couch. It appeared he had tried to wait for her and had fallen asleep while he was at it. Miyoung softened.

She went to get a blanket and covered Chunji with it. She sat down beside him and watched him sleep.

Her eyes landed on Chunji's hand and she gently reached out to pluck it from him. She opened his palms on her lap and fitted her hand in his. At once, the sparks flew and she felt the strange sensation spreading throughout her body. It far surpassed how it felt when Gongchan held her hand previously.

She looked at him closely and softly brushed his hair. She pressed a kiss on his cheeks and felt her heart racing in her heart.

Her eyes widened when she recognized how different it felt when she was with Chunji as compared to Gongchan. The range of feelings she felt with Chunji, it surpassed anything she felt for anyone else.

She had initially thought it was because they were mates. Attraction was inevitable, and so was lust. That was what that ensured the mates continued the family tree too.

But this was something other than lust. This wasn't mere physical attraction.

She had every desire to stay by Chunji's side no matter how long it was and she wouldn't mind one bit. The happiness she felt when she was with him was so great that it couldn't be over taken by anything else.

A soft rattling at the windows made Miyoung look up. Her eyes widened. It was that bat again.

Miyoung got up to open the windows and the bat flew in the settle on the window sill. "Are you hurt again?" she asked worriedly. When she inspected the bat and saw that it was alright, she smiled. "So I guess you missed me?" she chuckled.

The bat didn't give any recognition or acknowledgement of her words. It turned to look at Chunji for a bit and back at her.

Miyoung smiled softly. "That's my mate. Lee Chanhee." she whispered. "Annoying, irritating, the guy with the most serious prince syndrome I've ever seen." she giggled.

She looked at the bat. "And I think I love him, Mr bat." she looked lost as she turned to look at Chunji. "And it kind of hurts because although he's by my side, he's only here because of lust and his responsibility as a mate. Love doesn't come to any part of it."

She turned to look at the bat and found that it had flown away. She shrugged and closed the window. She needs something else to get her mind away from things anyway.