Golden Eyes

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"Oh. My. God." Changjo gasped as he saw L.Joe's normally brown hazel nut colored eyes now a bright golden as he stared straight at the girl in front of him.

The girl had stopped working because she felt L.Joe's intent gaze on her, and turned to look at him. She let out a gasp when she saw his golden eyes and looked around her to see if he was indeed looking at her and not someone else.

Miyoung bit her lip in excitement. This was the first time she had seen the golden eyes up front, and it was really a magical moment.

She beamed at Kyungmi and Gongchan, of whom their mouths were wide open in surprise as well. She secretly glanced at Chunji and laughed inwardly when she saw his completely astonished face.

L.Joe didn't dare move an inch. His hand signaled for any one of the members to go to him discreetly, and Ricky tiptoed over to him.

"Yah." L.Joe muttered under his breath. "Is it me or does that girl look particularly attractive?"

Ricky raised his brows at his hyung's golden eyes. "It's you."

L.Joe swallowed hard and blinked. One and one added to two and L.Joe slowly pieced together the pieces. His eyes widened, and it looked like two suns growing in size.

"My eyes....they're what color now?" L.Joe demanded.

"Golden!" Niel squeaked.

L.Joe bit his lip and closed his eyes momentarily. "Eotteohke?!" he whispered. "I don't know what to do!!!!" he hissed frantically.

It was quite a scene to watch since L.Joe had always been calm, cool and collected. It was a first to see him panic like this and the Teen Top members were particularly enjoying it.

"Just go forward like your normal cool self and say hi!" CAP urged and pushed him. However, L.Joe stubbornly remained at his place and didn't want to go anywhere because he was frozen stiff.

"I-I can't!" he cried exasperatedly. "When I see her my brain isn't working anymore! I can't sprout any witty comments at this point!"

He shot CAP a look. "And what do you expect me to say?" he retorted. "Hi I'm L.Joe and I think I'm your mate?"

CAP rolled his eyes. "His witty comments are working just fine." he noted under his breath.

L.Joe panicked and lowered his gaze, not daring to look at that particular girl anymore. "OMG OMG I can't believe it's happening to me already I'm not ready for it!"  he whispered.

Gongchan looked amused. "Just do anything except for panicking here because you look completely stupid like that." he mused. Miyoung laughed and bumped shoulders with her best friend.

"I think you don't need to do anything else already, L.Joe." Kyungmi muttered. "She's coming here."

"WHAT?" L.Joe yelped and snapped his head up, only to see that girl he had his eyes on walking cautiously towards him, biting her lips.

L.Joe felt his palms go clammy and his legs felt like jelly at that moment. He suddenly felt like he was three and he totally didn't know what to do.

The girl looked hesitant as he was, but she didn't stop coming towards him. Miyoung smiled and took a step back so that the two could have some space of their own.

The girl blinked up at L.Joe. "You're Lee Byunghun right?" she questioned hesitantly.

"Eh? Ah. Hmm." L.Joe couldn't produce a human like sound and he really sounded like a duck.

Chunji rolled his eyes and poked L.Joe's waist hard, shooting him a look. *He better don't screw this up.* he thought.

The girl held out her hand slowly. "And erm, my name is Choi Mihye." she murmured. "I uh.. I saw you uh.. l-looking HIC!"

Everyone jumped and the girl called Mihye blushed pink. "Oh Mianhae, it's just when I'm nervous I'll HIC!" she hiccuped again and she cupped her hand over .

L.Joe blinked at her. A small smile slowly crept onto his lips and he bit back the chuckle.

CAP noted how this moment seemed to be private and only for the eyes of the two wolves involved, and he certainly didn't like how Ricky's eyes were glued on the two of them.

He clapped his hands authoritatively. "Come on guys. Let them have their moment!" he ordered.

There were groans from Niel and Changjo but the group followed after CAP obediently. They knew not to disobey if they were sane and knew what was good for themselves.

Miyoung grinned at CAP. "Us too?"

CAP rolled his eyes teasingly. "Unless you can act like a tree and blend into the background, then yes you too."

Miyoung giggled and gestured for Kyungmi and Gongchan to follow.

-----

When the group went back to the town, most of the wolves had already returned from the fixing of the boundary. The Teen Top wolves and Park pack wolves went to find a shady corner to sit down while CAP got them drinks to cool off from the excitement and the heat.

"Never once did I think L.Joe would be the first one to find this mate." Chunji commented, sipping his orange soda. "That girl is going to die of his witty comments, I tell you."

Miyoung harrumphed after she thanked CAP for the drinks. "Well she's a lot luckier than the unlucky girl that's going to be your mate in the future." she retorted.

Gongchan smiled in agreement and Kyungmi just but back her giggle. Chunji shot a look at Niel who was having a hard forcing that howl of laughter down and was choking on his lemon tea.

"Well at least that girl is luckier than the guy who's going to become your mate, Park Miyoung." Chunji defended.

Miyoung fumed and drank her strawberry shake furiously.

"Well I don't think so," Gongchan bravely spoke up. "I think the wolf who's going to become Miyoung's mate would be one of the luckiest in history."

Miyoung smiled gratefully at her best friend while Kyungmi just focused on her drink, trying not to show the hurt on her face though she knew fully well deep inside the hurt was already there.

Gongchan wasn't talking like that because he was a loyal good friend. He was talking like that because he wanted to be that lucky wolf to be Miyoung's mate.

Kyungmi vaguely wondered if Gongchan would think it was unlucky if he was her mate.

Kyungmi shook her head. *Babo me.*

The conversation went on and on with Chunji and Miyoung bickering non stop and Gongchan supporting Miyoung once in a while. Kyungmi took the opportunity to steal glances at Gongchan, smiling to herself and imagining what it was like if he one he was defending was her.

She was about to reach for a cookie when she caught her reflection in one of the spoons.

She froze and she felt her whole body grow slack.

She gulped and glanced at Gongchan again, and back at the spoon. Her eyes, which had turned golden, we're burning with more ferocity than ever.

Kyungmi looked away so that none of the other people could see what happened.

*Oh. My. God.*