THAT

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"Do you even know what the hell you're saying?" Mr Park and Mr Lee chorused in unison. "You're saying our children are mates???"

Principal Jang nodded.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" The four parents shrieked together. "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!"

Principal Jang chuckled calmly as he sipped his tea. "I thought so too. But apparently it's not."

Chunji glanced at Miyoung from across the room and sighed. What the hell was happening? He always anticipated meeting his mate and imagined a hundred thousand different faces on her, but just not this one.

How can his mate be Park Miyoung? Chunji raked his fingers through his hair for the umpteenth time and for once he wasn't even bothered about what a mess he was making to his beautifully styled hair.

"What makes you think that they're mates?" Mrs Lee demanded. "You haven't got any proof!" she huffed. "I'm not allowing my son to have a daughter from those two as his mate!" she huffed.

"Hey what those two?" Mrs Park frowned. She turned to Principal Jang and nodded. "Yes explain yourself."

Principal Jang smiled. Through all these years both Park and Lee parents have come into his office to bicker and quarrel about things happening to their children, but this was the first time he felt so calm about it. Perhaps the epicness of everything helped.

"First things first, Chunji kissed Miyoung today." Principal Jang started.

"WHAT!" Mr Lee gasped dramatically and turned to his son immediately. "Chunji you WHAT?" Chunji immediately avoided his father's accusing eyes and stared at his hands as if they were the most interesting things in the world.

"And secondly, both of them apparently liked the kiss, opposed to common belief." Principal Jang chuckled. "Chunji thought it was hea-" he started when Chunji shot the principal a look and the principal nodded in understanding.

"Well Chunji thought it was great, while Miyoung enjoyed it." he finished.

Miyoung's eyes widened and her parents looked at her in surprise. She blinked at Principal jang, astonished. "I never said I enjoyed it!" she shrilled.

"Yes but your blush gave you away." Principal Jang grinned.

Miyoung hit her own forehead and buried her face in her hands. Stupid cheeks.

"B-But even so," Mr Park tried to say. "It doesn't mean anything right? I mean, curiosity! It must be curiosity. How can the two of them be mates, I can't even..."

"Well think about it." Principal Jang looked at them. "Chunji and Miyoung have effectively hated each other since the day they could talk. Or perhaps even earlier. There was nothing repeated more times than how they hated each other. Doesn't it mean something when suddenly Chunji feels this urge to kiss Miyoung? That he feels this want and desire? It's the Urges. Don't deny it."

The parents were speechless as Principal Jang stood up and held out two keys to both Miyoung and Chunji. "Tonight, you'll move into the new apartment. Don't worry, because you two are the next pack leaders so I saved a bigger one for you."

"But we're the current pack leaders!" Mr Lee blurted. "Can't they get two separate apartments or even two separate beds?" he asked desperately.

Principal Jang smiled smugly. "Correct me if I'm wrong Mr Lee, but it was you who said all mates must share apartments when the couples are born, and there must be no exception that they should share a bed. Even if it's your own son."

Mr Lee immediately deflated like a balloon. Chunji gripped the keys in his hands and swallowed. Things were going to change. A lot.

 

 

"Now see here Chanhee, I'm sure this is just an one time occurrence." Mr Lee murmured as he paced around Chunji's room while his wife and son packed the things to prepare Chunji for the big moving of houses.

"You may be sharing the same apartment, you may be sharing the same bed." Mr Lee continued. "But not everything is sealed until you do THAT with Park Miyoung."

Chunji reddened. Not from embarrassment, unfortunately. But because of the unspeakable thoughts that suddenly flooded his mind when his father talked about THAT and he had to desperately push those thoughts away.

"Abeoji!" he hissed as he grabbed his CD collection, trying to find a way to squeeze it into the luggage bag.

"It's true, Chanhee." Mr Lee nodded. "Don't you see why you're called mates? Cause you mate. Simple." he rolled his eyes. "The fundamental responsibility of mates are to mate. And if you don't do that, you aren't really called mates just yet."

"And so?" Chunji retorted as he finally stuffed the last CD into the bad and proceeded to try zip it up. "I kissed her today, Abeoji. I kissed her. And everyone else saw it." he muttered grumpily.

"Yes, well that aside." Mr Lee frowned. "Perhaps this is just a pure mistake. You've kissed plenty of girls before, Chanhee, though not in the mating season of course. Kisses during these period are just sensitive." he shook his head.

"The main thing now is not to seal your fate with Park Miyoung, Chanhee." Mr Lee told his son. "Don't mate with her. Ever. Even if her scent becomes overbearing, even if she marches in to seduce you and even if you feel like you're going to die, DON'T. DO. IT."

Chunji blushed pink. "Arraso."

Mrs Lee nodded and patted her son's head. "We'll come to see you once in a while, Chanhee." she offered. "And remember your father's word and don't ever touch Park Miyoung. If you two haven't mated yet and the fate's not sealed, there may be some things we can do to get you two out of this situation."

Chunji nodded with a sigh and finally managed to zip the bag. *I hope I can get out of this too. It makes my head ache.*

 

 

"Have you got the armour ready, Yeobo?" Mr Park asked. "And that hammer and axe. Oh don't forget the pepper spray!"

Miyoung raised her brows as her mother hurried into her room with those things that Mr Park had mentioned and tried to stuff it into her bag along with her clothes. "Umma! Appa! What are you two doing?" she shrieked.

"Protecting you, my dear." Mr Park muttered determinedly. He grabbed the armour from Mrs Park's hands and shoved it into Miyoung's. "Wear this EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, Miyoung." he warned. "When you go to sleep. I would prefer if you never take it off but I'm afraid you would die of heat inside or something."

Miyoung's eyes bulged out as she stared at the armour. "What? This?" she blinked in shock. "How am I supposed to sleep in this thing?"

"It's to protect you!" Mrs Park told her daughter. "In case Lee Chanhee tries to seduce you or attack you in the middle of the night and all he gets is a bunch of metal in his face." she smirked.

"He won't." Miyoung snorted. "He's Lee chanhee!"

"Yes and you might have said he wouldn't kiss you as well, before today." Mr Park snapped, which caused Miyoung to shut up effectively.

Mr Park took Miyoung's hands in his and looked into her eyes. "I want you to remember something, Miyoung." he said. "Whatever it takes, protect yourself. Do not ever let Chunji touch a single strand of your hair. Don't even think about mating with him even if you two are mates."

"Appa!" Miyoung shrieked and covered her face in embarrassment.

"No listen to me, Miyoung." Mr Park said seriously. "Because this must be a mistake. There is no way Lee Chanhee and Park Miyoung are mates and we are going to undo this. And before we do, we must make sure you two don't go around sealing your fate first by mating and producing babies." he rolled his eyes. "Maybe if you two remain cold to each other or something, we can undo this. We are the leaders of the Park Pack after all." he smiled with a twinkle in his eye.

Mrs Park hugged her daughter. "Stay strong, Miyoung. You can do this."