Family Approval

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"I don't think we should do this," Miyoung murmured. "Oh my gosh. We shouldn't do this. I'm SURE we shouldn't do this!" she shrieked.

Chunji raised a brow at her. "Chillax." he cooed. "It's going to be fine."

Miyoung looked at him, dumbfounded. "Chillax? You're asking me to Chillax?" she retorted with a snort. "With an impending war that's going to occur right here in our house, no I don't think I should chillax!"

The fact was, Chunji had decided that since they were officially mates and they loved each other very much, the likeliness of them spending their lives together was 101%.

Hence he felt that for this union to be started off well, first thing he needed to do was to ensure that both their parents won't be against them. The whole town was against them. The whole werewolf civilization.

But he needed to seek approval, one by one. And the first people whom he wanted to see their nods were their parents.

Which was why he called his parents over for dinner that night, and made Miyoung call hers. Both pairs of parents had no idea that the other pair was coming, thinking it was just a small unofficial dinner with their children.

"Can you even imagine their reactions when they come in here and see the other pair?" Miyoung shuddered and squeezed her eyes shut. "I don't even want to think about it."

Chunji lifted a brow and chuckled. "Then don't. Concentrate in that stew you're making, it smells great." he sniffed, making grunts of approval.

Miyoung shot him a look. "I don't even get why you're in such a hurry for them to meet anyway." she huffed. "We just announced our status to the public not two days ago and they need time to digest!"

"Two days is a lot of time." Chunji retorted. "They're going to have to live with the sight of us for the rest of their lives so they better start getting used to it now."

Miyoung sighed. It made sense. And it touched her that Chunji did put serious consideration their future. But still... The thought of their parents reactions..

"Do me a favor Chanhee oppa," Miyoung murmured. "Keep all the knives and sharp objects after I'm done. All of them." she emphasized.

 

 

Miyoung's parents were the first to arrive. They peered into the apartment and saw Miyoung and Chunji setting up the dishes on the dining table.

"Umma!" Miyoung brightened when she saw her mother and she ran to hug her parents. Mr Park chuckled and looked around the house.

"It's nice of you to ask us here for dinner tonight." he commented. "We missed you."

Miyoung smiled and looked over to Chunji. "Chanhee oppa was the one who asked me to invite you home for dinner." she added.

Mr Park raised a brow and looked at his daughter's boyfriend. "Oh really.." he murmured. The parents looked around the house and 'ooohh'ed and 'waaah'ed at small things that made Miyoung and Chunji's home.

When they finally went to the dining room, the whiff of delicious scrumptious food made them drool. "I missed your cooking Miyoung. You're better than your mom." Mr Park murmured.

"Hey!" Mrs Park frowned, but it was a teasing one.

They were just about to settle down when they spotted six pairs of cutlery. Six chairs. Six bowls and plates. Six sets of everything.

Mrs Park blinked. "Why are there so many-"

"My son! We're here!!" a loud cheery voice announced.

The door burst opened and Mr and Mrs Lee burst into the house with bright smiles. Mr and Mrs Park whipped around to see their fatal enemies and froze. Both pairs stared at each other in shock.

"WHY ARE THEY HERE?" they both echoed in unison.

Miyoung gulped and Chunji squeezed her hand lightly. "For a family dinner of course." he said cheerfully. "Together."

"FAMILY? PFFFTT!" all four parents snapped together and glared. "Who's family with them!"

Chunji sighed and Miyoung bit her lip. "Umma Appa..."

"Can't you guys just cast your differences aside for this few moments and lets just enjoy the food Miyoung cooked for this occasion?" Chunji pleaded. "She spent a lot of effort you know."

Mr and Mrs Park turned around slowly and made their way to the dining table. "I guess...our daughter put in that much effort." they admitted.

Mr and Mrs Lee huffed and sat down opposite to the Parks. "We're only staying because you asked, Chanhee." Mr Lee eyed Mr Park in displeasure.

Chunji and Miyoung looked at each other. At least they were sitting in a same table now. That's a big step.

Chunji helped as Miyoung served he rice and soup, offering to take the stew since it was heavy and hot. He set it down on the table and everyone took a deep breath.

Wow. It smelt heavenly.

"So Uhm.." Chunji murmured unsurely. "Eat? Everyone?"

There came a clatter of plates and tinkling of cutlery as everyone tried the ginseng chicken soup that Miyoung made. "Your soup is the best!" Mr Park chuckled. "I'm so proud to have a daughter like you!"

Miyoung beamed happily and looked over to Chunji's parents. They ate and tried not to show their enjoyment, but anyone could tell they liked the food.

"Why don't you help with the setting of the dishes at home like you do now, Chanhee?" Mrs Lee complained. "You always laze around at home in the past!"

Chunji grinned and pointed at Miyoung. "The tigress is so much fiercer than you umma!" he whispered loudly.

"Chanhee oppa!" Miyoung let out an anguished growl. Chunji raised his hands up and pointed at her again. "See? See?"

Miyoung pinked and made a face at him. "Aish you win this time." she whispered. Chunji chuckled and squeezed her hand below the table.

The parents watched the interaction silently. Chunji was a changed man...uh wolf I mean. He's willing to be hardworking, he's willing to take the chances, he's willing to give it his all to protect Miyoung.

And Miyoung was happy. Despite Chunji's constant teasing, they could see how the couple met eyes and smiled at each other every once in a while, and she would try to rebut his teasing with her own clever words.

They were two very different people with the only similarity of the love they shared between them. The other wolves may not be able to see it just yet, but as parents, they saw it very clearly.

How could they deny their children the simple joy of loving?

Mr Park cleared his throat. "Uh, Chunji." he uttered. "You uh...you better make sure Miyoung doesn't meet with any harm under your care of I'll have your head!" he managed to blurt out and glared, since it was the only way he could talk without getting awkward.

Chunji blinked. Though it sounded like a threat...was that permission and approval that Mr Park is giving Miyoung over to him to protect and love?

"Neh Park Ahjusshi!" Chunji beamed.

Mr Lee swallowed. "And uh Miyoung." he said. "Make sure you wake Chanhee up every morning and don't let him be late for school! And be sure to punish him if you catch him talking intimately with any other girl!"

Chunji frowned. "Appa! I wouldn't!"

Miyoung giggled and nodded. "Neh Lee Ahjusshi."

Both parents smiled and nodded, looking at each other. Perhaps, perhaps it was time to let go of their hatred for just a bit. For their children, for their happiness.

It was all fine until...

"Hey Yeobo, don't you think this shape of the ginseng looks familiar?" Mrs Lee asked Mr Lee. She looked at Miyoung. "Where did you get this ginseng from, Miyoung?"

Miyoung shrugged. "Chanhee oppa gave it to me to cook." she looked at Chunji. "I don't know where he bought it from."

All eyes fell on Chunji and he swallowed. "Ahehe..." he rubbed the back of his neck. "Tastes good huh, the thousand year old ginseng?" he asked. "Took it from a certain drawer at home."

Mr and Mrs Lee snapped their heads to look at each other. "THAT THOUSAND YEAR OLD GINSENG THAT MINISTER KIM BOUGHT US?"

"Yep." Chunji squeaked.

...

"LEE CHANHEE!!!"

 

 

------

Hello!

Remember the poll I posted last chapter? Well L's winning (: But only by 1% of the votes.

I'm a little surprised at how unpopular Jonghyun was (I still love you dino) but I think it's only fair that I post another poll for L against Daehyun. They're only differing in 10+ votes so I hope you guys can vote again?

I don't think it's really fair since the winning margin is so slim. I'll just take the one with higher votes this time hahaha. So here:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/31702

Please no cheating and thanks for your cooperation!

PS: I'm closing the poll in tomorrow 7 October. I want to start on the fic as soon as possible so yeah. (: Vote while it counts!