What is love

Strangest Mating Season of the Century


I LOSE MY MIND~~~~~ Arraso arraso hehe couldn't help it

-----

 

"Isn't there anything we can do to help her?" Miyoung sniffled after crying her heart out for a full five minutes in Chunji's arms. "We can't let her die like this! And what's more, it's going to be two deaths at once.."

Chunji her hair gently as they sat outside the hut, watching the wild scenery around them but not taking it in. "He already said there is nothing we can do." he uttered. "Even the doctors said it's not possible. What can we do?" he asked practically.

Miyoung looked up at him with her tear stained face. "But...but we're th future leaders of the Park and Lee pack!" she retorted. "We can get the best doctors, even those human ones or something. We just have to do something, anything!" she cried.

Chunji reached out to wipe her tears from her cheeks gently. "If we want to help them, there's got to be something to be done." he squeezed her shoulders. "We just have to find out what it is."

He squeezed her cheeks. "Smile for me Park Miyoung. Kimchiiii~~" he cooed.

Miyoung slapped his hands away. "what are you doing!" she blushed pink, turning to see if Jaehyuk and Soojin were still in the hut. Chunji chuckled and carried her bridal style since she left her clutch in the hut. "You've got to smile for Soojin, remember? Can't let her see your tears."

Miyoung wiped her face and gave her last sniffle. She smiled at Chunji and nodded. "Arraso. Let's do this."

 

 

"Oh Soojin sshi! You're awake!" Miyoung smiled cheerfully as Chunji and her returned into the hut. Chunji put her down on one of the chairs carefully and turned to smile at Soojin.

Soojin sat up with the help of Jaehyuk and looked at the two. "I'm sorry for falling asleep while you two are here." she murmured tiredly. 'I'm always tired these days."

"It's okay." Miyoung assured. She eyed Jaehyuk meaningfully. "We had a...ni..nice talk." she managed to force out.

Soojin didn't seem to notice the tension in the air and she sighed softly. "Too bad I can't go to the Han River with oppa before I die." she whispered. Jaehyuk bit his lip and put his arms around her. "I'm sorry. I'm trying to get the funds right now, but I don't want to leave you to go to work, Soojin."

Soojin nodded. "I know." she smiled weakly. "I don't want to spend a moment away from you either." she admitted. "But it's still a waste."

"We can help!" Miyoung blurted.

Soojin and Jaehyuk looked at her in surprise. "We couldn't-" they started, when Chunji too stood up. "It's okay. Just treat it as our thanks for helping us with the project." he offered.

"But we didn't do anything except share our love story." Jaehyuk muttered in wonder.

Miyoung smiled. "It's more than enough." She stood up and went over to Soojin, holding her frail hands. "Please just let us help this once. we want to go to the Han River too, don't we Lee Chanhee?"

Chunji nodded. "Yes, just let us help!"

 

 

And that was how the four of them caught the last train ride back to the Han River. Chunji had suggested the helicopter at first, but Jaehyuk said Soojin was too frail to take something so dangersous. Hence they took the train instead.

"But what were you thinking, Lee Chanhee?" Miyoung snorted as the four of them settled in a train cabin. The girls sat next to the window while their mates on their sides, looking out as more and more of the bright city lights came into view.

"A helicopter?" Miyoung asked, giggling a little. "We are the future pack leaders, yes. But we can't use the helicopters as and when we like either right? What were you thinking?" she slapped her thighs, laughing.

Chunji rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Uh...Because I did?" he responded.

Miyoung snapped her head towards him in surprise while the other couple too looked at Chunji in wonder. Chunji reddened and bit his lip at Miyoung's intense gaze. "I uh...I summoned the Chief of Military to lend me their helicopter just now.. when I was looking for you." he murmured.

"WHAT?" Miyoung's eyes were large as saucers. She stared at him like he was out of his mind. "You what? You actually...oh my gosh LEE CHANHEE!!!!"

Chunji covered his ears and winced while the other couple laughed. He pouted while Miyoung slapped his arm lightly while going on and on about how he shouldn't be doing things like this. "But Miyoung, you disappeared without telling me and your leg is like this! Of course I'm worried!" he protested.

Miyoung fumed and narrowed her eyes at him. "But the helicopter!" she rolled her eyes. "It's ridiculous!"

Soojin chuckled softly. "Don't blame him, Miyoung sshi. He's just worried about you." she advised.

"But...a helicopter..." Miyoung continued in awe and wonder at how dramatic Chunji could be. He bumped shoulders with her lightly and made a face. "Aish I won't do it again alright? I promise." he beamed cutely.

Miyoung sighed and massaged her temples. "You better not." she murmured.

The four of them talked and chattered light-heartedly as the train continued it's way towards the Han River. Slowly, Soojin grew tired and she fell asleep on Jaehyuk's shoulder. Conversation became scarce as they didn't want to wake her, and soon Miyoung followed after Soojin into dreamland.

Miyoung's head bobbed up and down as the train ride continued, and Chunji gently wrapped one arm behind her to use it as a makeshift pillow and settled her head at the crook of his neck.

Miyoung murmured in her sleep, mumbling things under her breath and snuggled closer to Chunji. He tightened his grip around her and chuckled sofly, making sure that his chest wouldn't vibrate too deeply to wake her.

"You're even talking in your sleep, Park Miyoung." he tapped her nose affectionately. "You really don't stop, do you?" he chuckled.

To prove his point even further, Miyoung murmured some more things and leaned closer to his warmth. Chunji smiled and her hair unconsciously, finally raising his gaze.

He found Jaehyuk looking at him with a knowing look in his eyes. chunji blinked. "You love her, don't you?" he asked.

Chunji's eyes widened. "Whaa?" he looked down at the girl in his arms and blinked. "I uh...she's my mate. Of course I don't treat her badly and I care for her."

Jaehyuk smiled and shook his head. "There's a difference between your responsibility as someone's mate, and someone's lover." he told Chunji. "Some mates are there for each other to fufil the ual need, and the requirement of continuing with the family tree. Mates are loyal till death, yes, because it isn't in us wolves to cheat on one another."

"Isn't that the same as love?" Chunji asked, confused.

"Far from it." Jaehyuk chuckled. "Love is something you feel, love is something that makes you need, love is something that causes you to forget about yourself and only focus on the one you love. When you love someone, you will always need her to be around you. When you love someone, that need to be around her is so strong that you'll lose your mind because of it."

He looked at Soojin who was sleeping beside him. "It's much stronger because we are wolves." he continued. "But love is pretty much the same everywhere. Mates don't need their other half to feel happy. Mates don't feel the need to protect their other half unless the family is threatened. Mates feel this responsibility only as a protector, a companion."

"But love," Jaehyuk murmured. "Love makes you sad when she's sad. Love makes you want to put a smile on her face. Love makes you do things that seem out of the mind to others." he looked at Chunji meaningfully. "Might I remind you of the helicopter?"

"Aish." Chunji grumbled, pinking.

"The scariest thing about love is," Jaehyuk whispered. "Wherever she's going to go, you're willing to follow." he looked at Soojin and brushed her bangs.

 

 

"Even till death."