Exactly the same

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"Halmeoni!" Miyoung greeted politely as Chunji and her approached the two elderly that were working in their tiny farm carefully.

Even the usual rude Chunji grew slightly timid when they approached the two elderly because of their age. They looked at least seventy to eighty as Chunji had enough sense to be respectful.

The old woman turned slowly, her actions limited by her old age and aching bones and her face visibly brightened when she saw Miyoung and Chunji. "Why hello there!" she greeted. "Who are you two?" she smiled.

"She's Miyoung and I'm Chunji, Halmeoni." Chunji told her, his words slurred slower so that she could follow. "And we came to do our project. We were wondering if you and that Halabeoji there can help us with the interview?"

The Halmeoni told her husband that and the old man laughed heartily. "Of course!" he grinned. "We don't get visitors that often! Come on young lad, let's get out of the sun and get this project done!"

Instantly, Chunji and Miyoung grew fond of the two happy go lucky elders.

-----

It turned out that Grandma Kim and Grandpa Kim were already in their eighties. A whooping sixty years older than both Miyoung and Chunji and with a whole lot more of experience.

The four sat down under a shady spot in the backyard after Miyoung helped Grandma Kim with the tea. Grandpa Kim raised his brows at Miyoung and Chunji. "So, what's this little project about?"

Chunji explained that they have to get the love stories from five different couples and he wished to listen to theirs as well. Grandpa Kim laughed. "You came to the right person alright!" he grinned. "There isn't another lad more romantic than I when I was young!" he bragged.

Grandma Kim giggled. "Oh man he's starting."

Grandpa Kim smiled at Grandma Kim. "Remember how we came together?" he asked.

Grandma Kim smiled. "How could I forget?" Miyoung smiled softly at the lingering affections between the two.

"You and I were best friends for so long when suddenly one day you attacked me with a kiss and your eyes turned golden." Grandma Kim recalled. "To be honest I was really frightened out of my wits." she told Miyoung.

Grandpa Kim harrumphed. "Ayy don't listen to her. She was enjoying the kiss as well cause after that her eyes were golden like mine!" he snickered. "Anyway, I had to be the most romantic guy in our time, people told me. But I personally wasn't very pleased with how I asked for your hand in marriage." he frowned.

"Nonsense!" Grandma Kim snapped. "You were still romantic then."

She turned to the very curious Chunji and Miyoung and smiled. "You see, he had fallen sick at that time and was battling the disease." she remembered with a sad smile. "Everyone thought he wasn't going to make it. And so was I."

Miyoung swallowed and put her hand on Grandma Kim's hand for comfort.

"I was by his bedside helping to wipe his arms and legs," Grandma Kim told them. "When he suddenly told me he wasn't going to die. I smiled sadly at him, thinking he was just being cheerful. Even the doctor said he was not going to make it."

She let out a small sigh. "But you know what he said?" she asked softly. "He said he'll never die before I do. He said he'll never let me bear the pain of having my mate die and he'll hang onto his last breath and watch me live my life to the fullest without regrets." a tear trickled down her cheek.

Grandpa Kim pulled tissues and stuffed it in his wife's hand. "Aish why do you cry everytime you talk about this?" he asked. "I didn't even plan that speech."

"That's what made it romantic, silly." Grandma Kim chided gently.

A soft sniffle made both of them look at Miyoung. She blinked and smile softly, wiping her tears away. "Don't mind me. I'm just...touched."

Chunji rolled his eyes but he too pulled few pieces of tissues from the box that Grandpa Kim did few moments ago and shoved it in her hands. "Softie." he muttered.

Miyoung shot him a glare and wiped her eyes. She smiled at Grandma and Grandpa Kim. "I really admire your love for each other." she told them honestly. "To stand by each other till the end of your lives."

Chunji looked at them. "But didn't you both quarrel or fall apart within the sixty years together?" he aske confusedly. "Aren't you bored of each other?"

Grandpa Kim laughed and patted Chunji's shoulder. "The way to maintain a long relationship, young lad, is to fall in love with your partner every single day. Remind yourself of why you love her and you'll find that the attachment will never cease." he smiled.

He tapped his chin carefully in thought. "Although there are times when I want to just bite her her head off." he admitted.

"And I want to just smash his face into the wall." Grandma Kim added.

"But if you remind yourself of why you love her," Grandpa Kim chuckled. "Not only the lust, lad. Mates are bounded by lust and responsibility, but spouses are bounded by love. You'll be able to last as all wolves do if you fall in love with her everyday." he looked between Chunji and Miyoung meaningfully.

Chunji and Miyoung blinked and slowly turned to each other.

...
....
.....

"Ewwwwww!!!!" they complained in unison.

 

 

"Thanks for helping out young ones." Grandma Kim smiled as Chunji and Miyoung helped with the weeding.

Chunji cursed under his breath and kicked some soil at his feet. "Why the hell am I doing this again?" he muttered under his breath so that both elderly couldn't hear.

But Miyoung did. "Aish just do it won't you?" she grumbled. "You're so whiny!"

Chunji frowned and looked at her. "Whiny?" he retorted. "Whiny? What the hell do I look whiiiiinnnyyyy to yo-"

A loud slap on Chunji's bottom made both of them jump in surprise. Chunji's hands flew to his and he turned around, alarmed.

"Stop whining young man!" Grandpa Kim scolded.

Chunji's eyes widened and his jaw dropped opened. "Whaaa-"

"HAHAHAHA!" Miyoung laughed, giving Grandpa Kim a high five. Grandpa Kim walked backup Grandma Kim and smiled softly, taking her hand.

They sat down and watched as Chunji and Miyoung bickered their way through the field, their mouths never once stopping.

"Once like us, aren't they?" Grandma Kim smiled.

Grandpa Kim nodded. "Exactly the same."