Hurt

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"Miyoung!" Gongchan waved enthusiastically as he arrived at school. "Good Morning!"

Miyoung slapped her hand to her face to cover her embarrassed expression. "What the hell?" she muttered. She glanced at Kyungmi and bit her lip. "I didn't do anything to encourage him, I swear."

Kyungmi nodded with an expressionless face. "I know." she nodded. "You're Miyoung. You would never do anything to go against your mate." she muttered.

Miyoung glanced at Kyungmi, alarmed. Kyungmi faked a smile and cocked her head towards Gongchan as he arrived. Miyoung couldn't ask anything more but she sensed some sort of defeat in Kyungmi's voice, and she didn't like how it sounded.

"Miyoung!" Gongchan beamed as he reached the girls. He looked over at Kyungmi. "Kyungmi." he nodded.

Kyungmi gave him a listless nod and walked away slowly. Gongchan didn't seem to notice and continued smiling at Miyoung, asking about her day and what not. Miyoung wanted to ear her hair out. It was infuriating.

-----

"Finally. He's gone." Miyoung let out a sigh of relief as Gongchan finally tore himself from her to the next class. Miyoung grabbed Kyungmi's hand and pulled. "Come on! I have to talk to you in private!"

Both girls ran off without looking behind. They went to the corner of the school where people don't normally go to, where the janitor usually stored his appliances. The girls ran inside and shut the door, panting.

They looked at each other, their faces flushed and giggled. "It's like an adventure isn't it?" Miyoung laughed.

Kyungmi nodded but looked uneasy. "But wouldn't Chansik oppa look for us? He'll get worried." she bit her lip and wringed her hands about. Miyoung put her hand on Kyungmi's shoulders. "I'm sorry." she whispered.

Kyungmi shook her head. "It's okay. I always knew it anyway." she admitted.

Miyoung's eyes widened as she gasped. "You knew Chansik oppa liked me?" she blurted. Confusion flashed in her eyes. "Then why didn't you tell me? I could have prevented this whole thing from happening."

"You wouldn't have been able to." Kyungmi shook her head. "I mean, look a him. He's willing to go after you even after you and Chunji confirmed as mates. He's not going to give up no matter when yhou reject him."

She let out a pained sigh. "And anyway," she looked at Miyoung. "Why would I want to burden you with that fact? I thought I should keep you away from these for the time being since you seem in bliss being ignorant." she admitted. "And I couldn't let myself tell you anything about this because something in me was too cowardly. I was afraid...I was afraid what if you liked Chansik oppa as well. Then there would be no place for me."

"But I don't." Miyoung assured.

"You don't." Kyungmi nodded. "But it doesn't matter. Chansik oppa won't ever lilke me."

Miyoung frowned. "You don't know that-" she started. Kyungmi shook her head. "I know."

She faked a smile. "It's okay. I'll learn to deal with it." she looked at Miyoung. "I have a feeling you didn't drag me all the way here to talk to me about this." she eyed Miyoung.

Miyoung pinked. She looked away distracedly and fanned herself. "Aigoo it's hot here isn't it?"

Kyungmi laughed and elbowed her. "So what happened with Chunji? Spill."

Eyes widening, Miyoung gaped at Kyungmi. "How did you know I wanted to talk about him?" Kyungmi laughed. "So I was right!" she grinned.

Miyoung bit her lip and covered her face with her hands. "Well..." she bit her lip. "You know we are mates and all.. so it's not unusual for us to be...you know...attracted to one another."

"And?" Kyungmi probed.

"I am attracted to Lee Chanhee." Miyoung admitted. "That much for sure. As in the physical sense, the..." she bit her lip. "The way I can't help but like it when he holds my hand and what not."

"I'm sensing a but here." Kyungmi nudged her.

Miyoung nodded. She peered at her best friend through her fingers. "But I think I'm feeling more than just the physical attraction now." she whispered. "I think...I think I may be falling in love with Lee Chanhee."

Kyungmi let out a squeal and clapped her hands. "That's great! Not only to be mates, but to love each other! Isn't that wonderful?" she smield widely, sincerely happy for Miyoung.

"That's the problem right there." Miyoung pouted. "We don't love each other. I love him." she pointed out. "What Lee Chanhee feels for me is purely because of the mating sensations. Not because of any feelings for me."

She slumped. "I remember saying that the girl who turns out to be Lee Chanhee's mate would be he most unfortunate girl in the world because she has a play wolf as a mate." she sighed softly. "And now that person is me, not that I feel I'm unfortunate or anything."

She looked at Kyungmi. "What are the odds that he will fall for me? That he will only look at me and only me?" she whispered. "That he will not cheat on me? I know I'm not trusting Lee Chanhee like this but Chunji isn't a normal wolf. He's a wolf with raging hormones. How can I be the only one he looks at?"

"He will, Miyoung. He will." Kyungmi told her.

Miyoung could only smile bitterly. She had no faith that it would happen. She was happy that Chunji was her mate, but what did she have to keep Chunji's attention on her when there were so many other wolves about?

 

 

Her worst fears were confirmed that very afternoon. Miyoung was going out of school, late from the council meeting. She knew that Chunji had gone off with the Teen Top boys for a game of pool, but it wasn't like they could go home together anyway so it didn't matter.

Miyoung sighed softy. She wished their status of mates would be released so that they could go around together and not fake the irritation and dislike when it didn't exist.

*At least he's not cheating on you, Miyoung.* Miyoung thought. *Although I doubt I have anything to keep his interest on me. He's only here because he feels responsible to.*

A tap on her shoulder made Miyoung blink from her thoughts. She looked at the girl in front of her, a Lee Pack wolf, y and gorgeous and frantically sought for. Hong Sena.

"Hi?" Miyoung responded hesitantly. "Sena sshi is anything the matter?"

Sena rolled her eyes and shoved a stack of pictures into Miyoung's hands. Miyoung looked down at them and her eyes widened.

They were pictures of Chunji and Sena, kissing and holding hands and acting very much like a couple. And the main thing was that on these pictures there were dates written on them.

And these pictures were taken on less than one week before.

Miyoung felt her blood run cold. While she was here falling deeper and deeper in love with Chunji, he goes off with other girls?

She gulped and it seemed even painful to breathe. Werewolves were supposed to be loyal to their mates, but if you think about it, as long as they didn't "mate" with other wolves beside their mates, it didn't count as disloyal.

But it still hurt. A lot.

"What is this?" Miyoung's voice shook.

Sena harrumphed triumphantly. "These are evidences that you and Chunji oppa should separate as quickly as possible." she growled.

She narrowed her eyes at Miyoung. "You aren't worthy of him, Park Miyoung. He needs someone more, like me." she seethed. "I don't care if you two are mates now, but as long as the golden eyes haven't appeared, I still stand a chance."

*She doesn't know we already had them.* Miyoung thought.

"But then again," Sena looked Miyoung up and down. "You aren't enough to keep Chunji oppa's interest anyway.

Sena grinned. "I have no doubt that as soon as Chunji gets rid of you, he'll come to me and we'll mate." she smirked. "I have no doubt that I can satisfy him and we will have many beautiful babies."

Miyoung swallowed. *Mate?* Mating was sacred, to even talk about doing it with someone else was offensive. And Sena seemed to have no doubt Chunji would go to her.

"Leave him soon Park Miyoung. As soon as the decree is passed." Sena grumbled and stalked off.

Miyoung clutched the photos, her hands shaking and her heart squeezing painfully with every heart beat. It was awful, this unsettling feeling tearing at her heart.

She sank to her knees and sobbed, tears streaming down her face. She didn't know what to believe. Should she believe Sena? Or should she trust Chunji?

But Chunji made no indication of liking her beyond the boundaries of a mate up till now. He kissed her, he hugged her and they held hands.

But didn't he do that with every other girlfriend he had till then? What made her special then?

Miyoung continued crying as her heart tore into pieces. She didn't notice something black fluttering it's wings from the tree above and looking down at her.

She whimpered softly. *Eotteohke? What if Sena is really speaking the truth? What am I to do?*