Anger

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Miyoung slumped at her chair, staring blankly at her book. The whole school, or rather, the whole town was talking about the incident that had happened during the sports day.

There were mixed feelings, risen from mixed views. Some were happy because obviously everyone's efforts of sending Sena to break these two up had some sort of a result.

Chunji looked absolutely furious with Miyoung when he stormed off and for the first time, Miyoung could be seen crying in public.

However, some of the other wolves who were close enough to hear what Chunji had been saying were not so optimistic.

He was angry because Miyoung didn't trust him enough. He was angry because he cared. He was angry because he cared enough to get hurt.

The Lee and Pack wolves weren't feeling very about this. They didn't want these two future leaders to end up together for real. What would happen to the packs then?

They worked together seamlessly with a common goal and hoped fervently that the two wouldn't end up together. Seems like it isn't as easy as it looked like.

But throughout the entire ordeal, the people who suffered the most were Miyoung and Chunji. Miyoung sighed loudly and bit her lip hard while thinking deeply.

"Hey, your lip will bleed if you continue doing that." Kyungmi chided.

Miyoung blinked and looked at her best friend who arrived. "Kyungmi..." she sighed. She buried her face in her hands. "I don't know what to do. This situation is even worse than before because now Lee Chanhee is angry with me. Eotteohke?"

Kyungmi patted Miyoung's head understandingly. "Why didn't you ask him about the photos then?" she asked. "If you had cleared things up from the beginning perhaps it would have been better."

Miyoung nodded. "I know that now," she admitted. "But at that time I was scared. What if Hong Sena wasn't lying and he really goes out for other women? I don't know how I'll react then."

She let out another sigh. "And the thing is, I can't really blame him either. Because he isn't in love with me but I am." she murmured. "We are mates but...."

She looked at Kyunmi and sobbed. "I don't even know what mates are anymore." she whined. "I don't even care for mates anymore because I love him and that's something so much stronger than some sort of wolf biological physical attraction!"

Kyungmi let out a heavy breath. "That's what I thought too. Now mates or not, it doesn't matter to me any longer."

Miyoung looked at her friend curiously. "What do you mean?" she rose a brow. "Does this mean you've given up on Chansik oppa?"

Kyungmi nodded. "I don't see a point in holding on any more if he doesn't want me back." she shrugged. "I just hope somehow this mate thing will undo itself or something and I can start anew."

"We're a bunch of losers in love huh?" Miyoung chuckled bitterly and Kyungmi flicked her forehead. "You can do something to help your situation, Miyoung. I can't." Kyungmi looked at her. "You can apologize. Try that, I'm sure Chunji will forgive you."

 

 

And that was how Miyoung stood awkwardly outside the bedroom that night, pacing around and wondering if she should go in.

*Eotteohke?* Miyoung thought. *What should I say when I see him? Worse, would I be able to talk when i see him?*

She sighed softly and massaged her temples. "I can't even face him when he's angry." she murmured. "I'm such a coward."

She bit her lip, thinking of the wonderful times she spent with Chunji. How he cared for her when she injured her leg. How he would be possessive at times and sweet at others. How he had changed drastically from the Lee Chanhee she knew.

Miyoung nodded. He changed.

He changed, for her. Because of her. And now she comes doubting if that change did happen in the first place.

Whether or not he loved her, he cared enough. Miyoung swallowed and felt tears gather at her eyes as guilt sank deep in her stomach.

She couldn't imagine what it would feel like if Chunji doubted her either. Just how hurt has she caused him?

With that thought in mind, Miyoung raised her hands and opened the door.

Inside, Chunji had been sitting on the bed while reading a book. Or rather, acting like he was reading. He wondered why Miyoung wasn't coming into the room yet and he wanted to see her.

He hadn't had any chance to see her the entire day and even through his anger and disappointment, he missed her. Because he was just a stupid fool in love.

"Why isn't she coming in?" Chunji wondered, frowning.

The door clicked open and Chunji immediately resumed his position, holding the book up and pretending to be completely absorbed in its contents.

Miyoung shuffled over hesitantly and looked at her feet. She took a loud deep breath and Chunji bit back the natural instinct to smile.

"Lee Chanhee..." Miyoung murmured, looking intently at him. He looked totally focused on the book and hardly paying her any attention.

"Lee Chanhee." Miyoung called louder this time. "Hn." Chunji grunted, and Miyoung felt more encouraged to continue.

"I'm sorry for doubting you." Miyoung began, playing with the hem of her pajamas and not daring to look at him. "I should have told you when Sena showed me those photos. I should have told you when all those things happened instead of keeping it to myself."

*Totally.* Chunji thought. He peeked at her from the top of the book and bit back the smile again.

"I hope you won't be angry with me anymore, Lee Chanhee." Miyoung pouted. "I hope you'll forgive me this time."

*I already have despite myself.* Chunji thought tenderly, wanting to put down the book and pull her to him right then.

"Well the thing is," Miyoung gulped. "The reason why I didn't trust you enough is actually because I don't trust myself. The truth is..." she took a deep breath, steadying herself for her impending confession.

Chunji blinked. *What?*

"Lee Chanhee.." Miyoung muttered. "I think I've already fall-"

DING DONG!

Both Chunji and Miyoung froze. Miyoung turned and frowned. "Get the door and we'll continue after." Chunji probed and got down from the bed.

Miyoung nodded and the both of them shuffled towards their front door. Miyoung pulled it open and blinked in surprise. "Chansik oppa!"

She threw an anxious glance at Chunji and saw that his face had already turned thunderous. "Why are you here Chansik oppa?" Miyoung asked quickly, hoping that it was something very important that led Gongchan here, or she'll have a hard time explaining his appearance.

Gongchan smiled. "You said your marshmallows at home had run out so I got some for you." he beamed. "And I was hoping for some nightly best friend chat too. Don't you remember how we always talked into the night in the past?"

Miyoung threw a panicked glance at Chunji. "Uh Chansik oppa I don't think-"

"I'll go to bed." Chunji announced darkly and stormed off. He slammed the bedroom door and Miyoung jumped.

She sighed and took the marshmallows. "Sorry Chansik oppa but now's not the time. And it will never be."