Full Moon

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

It was time.

Scores of wolves were waiting in the common field, staring at the sky expectantly as they waited for the full moon to appear.

Some shuffling were heard as impatience was felt and the wolves flexed theirs muscles in anticipation.

In case you were wondering, the clothes that the wolves are wearing now in human form have already been casted with magic such that when they turn into their wolf form, the clothes with automatically disappear and return when they turn back to human.

Miyoung stood beside her family as they waited for the transformation. "I can't wait to flex those muscles." Mr Park grumbled, shrugging his shoulders. "It's been so long since I had a proper workout in the forest."

Mrs Park agreed, slowly warming up for the transformation. Miyoung stared at the sky as it became darker and darker, almost not a star in sight as the clouds covered the view.

"I think it's coming." Gongchan mumbled as the clouds rolled away slowly.

Finally, the side of the moon could be seen as it peeked out from behind the clouds, looking bright and entrancing.

There were single howls here and there, as one by one the men transformed into their wolf form. Miyoung felt her bones stretching and a familiar yet uncomfortable feeling over took her body as it adjusted to its new form.

Her limps grew bigger and she slowly fell forward such that she landed on her four feet. The clothes faded away, leaving her fur and her ears grew pointed. Miyoung stretched and looked out to the moon as the clouds rolled away to unveil the full moon.

Howls rang out through the werewolf folks and resonated throughout the town. Miyoung joined in, feeling like she somehow could release all those pent up tensions accumulated from the restraints of being human.

She howled slightly and turned to look at her parents, who already trotted towards the forest for their nightly snack and some wild fun. Gongchan who turned into a orangy red furred wolf, met eyes with her and sent her a smile as best as he could with his wolffish expression, and ran off into the dark.

Miyoung howled away, stretching her body to prepare for use. Her fur was exceptionally recognizable because she was pure white in color, a rare form for wolves.

She didn't look anything like her fellow people, because she looked so pure and angellic, something like an angel's pet wolf. And that was one of the reasons why she was so well known: her unusual fur color.

She turned to go to the forest, when she met eyes with another wolf. A dark brown strong looking wolf that looked at her intently.

*Lee Chanhee.* she thought. She could recognize him even when he was in his wolf form. His superb fur was another reason he was so well known. That dark brown fur was so smooth that if humans ever saw, they'd no doubt want them as their coat or something.

A shiver went down her spine unconsciously and she averted her gaze. She didn't know why his gaze bothered her, but she didn't want to get into a fight while she was in her wolf form.

She ignored him and bounded straight for the woods, wanting to get nearer to mother nature. She breathed in a deep breath of the night air and howled in content.

Her eyes were sharp and alert, her senses heightened, and she could sense minuscular things happening in her surroundings. She knew that without her speed and accuracy, it would be really difficult for her to catch small animals. Her beautiful white fur was one downfall. She was exceptionally easy to spot at night and animals scampered away when they saw her.

It made her rather sad actually. Not because she couldn't catch them. No, she was one of the fastest female wolves of the pack.

However, she didn't want to prey on the other animals. When she transformed into a wolf, she wanted to be closer to nature, not for it to run away from her.

Miyoung ran into the woods, hoping that this night would be different.

 

 

Chunji stretched himself, his dark brown fur glistening in the moon light.  He watched in his wolffish manner as Miyoung ignored him and ran Ito the woods.

He turned away and faced the other side of the forest which he usually frequented when he was in wolf form because there were many bears and deers that dwelled in that area.

He raised a paw to go in that direction but something made him stop. He just didn't feel like going there anymore. As much as the thought of hunting made his internal wolf howl in delight, there was something greater than his animalistic instincts holding him back.

He gulped and slowly turned his head towards he direction that Miyoung had went off into. He looked around cautiously, his alert and sharp eyes able to catch anything if it even more a centimeter.

None of the other wolves were around anymore as they all disappeared into the vast forests around them. Chunji his lips and with one strange force of determination, he ran towards the direction Miyoung went.

This part of the woods wasn't where he came often but he could still smell a faint smell of Miyoung's scent. He shuddered, wondering why he could memorize her scent.

He ran past trees and bushes and such, realizing that this part of the woods was more like a garden than a place for hunting.

He followed Miyoung's scent continuously, running and picking up speed as the scent grew stronger. He didn't have time to contemplate why he was following her. Reason seem to fail him as this sudden desire to see what she was up to overtook him.

He continued running for almost an hour. He had almost crossed one half of Korea in the process with his speed and it was getting stranger. He had no idea why Miyoung went all the way here and it was dangerous as well, because other than the scent of Miyoung, he began picking up the scent of humans. Pure humans.

The human civilization was getting nearer and it was getting risky. This was dangerous to all of the werewolves. If the humans found their species, it was going to be really bad.

He finally came to the border where there was the first sign of human civilization, a hut.

He gulped when he saw Miyoung's white fur glowing brightly as the moonlight shone on her fur. She seemed to be laughing, if wolves could laugh, and fooling away at play.

Chunji hid behind a raspberry bush quietly do that Miyoung wouldn't be able to detect his scent. He squinted to see what Miyoung was playing with and he took a sharp intake if breath.

He froze as he saw Miyoung stiffen, but she shrugged and continued with what she was doing. *A toddler. A baby.* Chunji gulped.

This was the first time he came so close to a human being and there Miyoung was, playing with one.

Apparently, the toddler had wondered out of bed while his parents were sleeping and was trying to find something to do outside the hut. And Miyoung had discovered him.

She reached forward to place her paw on it's head and Chunji squeezed his eyes shut, half expecting to hear the crunching of bones and screams of an innocent child.

A giggle ran out through the silence of the night and Chunji opened his eyes in wonder. He gasped when he saw Miyoung patting the child's head and tickling it at its sides.

It would have taken a whole lot of self control to do so with her massive wolf strength, but she did it. The baby reached for her white paw in wonder and her fur.

Miyoung smiled softy and let it do whatever it wanted. She picked the baby up gently and put it on her back, trotting around the premise and giving it a ride. The baby laughed and giggled, clapping its hands.

Chunji's jaw dropped open as he watched. He never once saw a wolf interact like that with humans, especially in wolf form where all senses were heightened.

He was sure that anytime, her inner wolf would want to kill this poor fragile child in her arms. But she didn't.

Instead, she seemed to be completely having fun and pure adoration was pouring out of her as she looked at the baby.

Chunji never saw this side of Miyoung before. Or rather, no one did.

And he was surprised. Very surprised undead.

He stayed behinds the raspberry bush and watched the whole time, until it was nearly daybreak and Miyoung went off after nuzzling the child lightly on its cheeks.

She ran back in the direction she came in, back to the werewolf society, back to their werewolf life.

Chunji followed suit soon after, but he knew he would never be able to erase that image from his mind. Ever.