Buying Dresses

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"Try this on Miyoung, it would look good on you." Kyungmi picked out a purple dress from the rack.

The three best friends were trying out dresses and suits to prepare for the Initiation ball. This ball was held once a year for those wolves who had turned 21 and are thus recognized in the society as adult wolves. It was a rather big and glorious event, once in a life time and everyone wanted to look good when they went there.

It was normally held a little after the Mating Season has started, so there were some wolves that had already found their mates. They would twirl around the ballroom and attract envious glances from everyone.

It had always been Miyoung's dream to find her mate before the Initiation Ball so that they could go to the ball together. She hoped to dance with her mate and had always thought it was romantic to go to such an important event together with her mate.

Miyoung let out a small sigh. It seems this dream of hers wasn't going to come true.

"Thinking about how you're not going to go to the ball with your mate?" Kyungmi asked knowingly. Miyoung made a face and nodded. "I always wanted to go with my mate. But it's not possible now." she pouted.

Kyungmi shook her head. "It doesn't have to be that way." she smiled softly. "There's still almost a week until the ball. Perhaps you'll find him before then?" she asked encouragingly.

Miyoung shook her head. "Nah. That's not possible." instead, she turned to look at Kyungmi. "How about you then Kyungmi?" she asked softly. "It's been your dream to go to this ball with your mate as well." she reminded. "And you've found him." she whispered.

Kyungmi's face fell and she faked a smile. "We'll be going together anyway." she spoke in hushed whispers, glancing at the changing room where Gongchan had disappeared into moments ago.

"Kyungmi.." Miyoung sighed. "It isn't the same and you know it." she looked at her best friend. "But I don't want to tell him." Kyungmi bit her lip sadly. "We'll just go as three best friends and I'll pretend that I'm going together with Chansik oppa." she murmured. "I've been pretending for a long time anyway."

Miyoung softened and felt the stab of pain for her friend. Just how long had this been going on?

Gongchan appeared from the changing room and smiled hesitantly as he smoothed his black suit. "Does it look weird?" he asked, pinking slightly. He looked really charming and handsome just like always, but in a suit, he looked like a man instead of a boy. "I don't normally dress like this." he rubbed the back of his neck.

Miyoung smiled and put her thumbs up. "You look good Chansik oppa!" she praised. Gongchan smiled, satisfied.

Miyoung nudged Kyungmi with her elbows. "Doesn't Chansik oppa look good, Kyungmi?" she asked. She turned and saw that Kyungmi's mouth had fallen open and was staring at Gongchan with misty dreamy eyes. She bit back a smile and decided not to divert the attention to Kyungmi so that she could recover from her dream like state.

Gongchan looked at the dress in Miyoung's hands that Kyungmi had chosen for her. He frowned at the deep cut at the back of the dress and immediately whipped the dress out of Miyoung's hands. "Don't wear this." he hissed.

He looked around the racks and finally arrived at the two perfect dresses for his two best friends.

He handed Miyoung a dress and Kyungmi one. Miyoung's was white silk with a light blue sash while Kyungmi's was light purple. "There. These would suit you two just fine." he beamed.

Miyoung blinked and scrutinized the dress Gongchan handed her. It seemed to fit her character just right, just as Kyungmi's fit her. She smiled and met eyes with Kyungmi. "Let's try it on."

 

 

Chunji sighed as he trudged into the department store. He wasn't in the mood for shopping and buying suits right now, but the Teen Top members insisted that he come along with them to boost the single man team since L.Joe was bringing Mihye and they wanted Chunji to be there as well.

He followed behind everyone else, his mind not on anything he was doing.

s noticed his strange behavior and nudged each other. "Don't you think he's being weird? Again?" Niel asked CAP. "He's behaving really strangely these days and it's seriously scaring me."

CAP nodded and observed Chunji. He went to the nearest shelf and got a dark blue bottom together with a yellow top and a red jacket to match, with an orange bow tie. Ricky winced and shielded his eyes from the horrifying match.

CAP walked towards Chunji and tapped his dongsaeng's shoulder. "Chunji ah, I chose my suit already." he told him. "What do you think of it?"

Chunji glanced at the horrible get up disinterested and nodded, putting two thumbs up. "It looks great hyung. It'd suit you well." he murmured.

CAP frowned and whacked Chunji's head with one of the hangers lying around. Chunji winced in pain and howled. "What the hell again?" he demanded, glaring at his hyung.

"Yes again." CAP repeated. "What the hell is wrong with you nowadays Chunji?" he asked. "You've been behaving really weirdly these few days, and that's why you've given me a lot of chances to whack your head. What's wrong, Chunji? Spill." he demanded.

Chunji gulped and turned to look at the black suits one by one. "Huh? Nothing." he murmured.

"Don't give me that crap Chunji." CAP rolled his eyes. "Maknae. Do you think Chunji is acting weird?"

Changjo nodded obediently and CAP turned to look at Chunji triumphantly. "Hah. See? Even the maknae says so." he snorted.

Chunji waved the matter away and shook his head. "It's nothing! Why won't you trust me?" he wrinkled his nose.

"Well for one hyung," Ricky started. "It's really weird when you didnt' insult Park Miyoung yesterday." he pointed out. "I mean, first in the morning you choose to walk far away from her so that you won't cross her path. When she stood up to read the passage and made a mistake, you didn't say anything! And when she insulted you, you just walked away!"

"This is so not like you, hyung." L.Joe appeared from nowhere with Mihye on his arm.

Chunji groaned. "Not you too!" he sighed frustratedly. L.Joe laughed and looked at himself in the mirror as he checked the suit he was wearing. "How's this Mihye?"

Mihye smiled and tip toed to kiss his cheek. "Handsome."

At that instant when Mihye's lips touched L.Joe's cheeks, the image of the girl being Miyoung and the guy being him flashed in his mind again. He shook his head and let out a deep breath.

He picked out one of the most expensive suits and dodged into the changing room. "I'm trying this." he muttered, hoping that by the time he came out of there, the topic had already changed from himself.

The Teen Top members looked at each other knowingly. Chunji was trying to divert the topic, and it just showed that there as indeed something going on. Ricky shrugged and plopped himself on one of the chairs. "Guess we'll just have to wait till he wants to tell us what's bothering him."

Changjo nodded. "Sometimes Chunji hyung is almost as stubborn as Park Miyoung." he chuckled.

He looked around for his own suit as well, hoping to find a suit that would somehow transform himself into Kyungmi's ideal man and defeat Gongchan.

He looked straight and stopped all of a sudden, his mouth dropping open in surprise. Gongchan, Miyoung and Kyungmi were just there as well, choosing their dresses. His eyes fixed on Kyungmi who was wearing her pale purple dress and looked cute like a lily.

He gulped. Hard. *Wow.*

The doors opened and Chunji came out, dressed suavely in his suit. He checked himself in the suit and was rather satisfied with what he saw. "Hey maknae how is this?" he asked.

There came no response from the maknae.

Chunji frowned turned to see what Changjo was so preoccupied with. And it was his turn for his own jaw to drop.

Miyoung was dressed in that white dress and she was checking herself out in the mirror. She looked pretty as a flower and totally gorgeous. There was a little crease between her brows and she bit her lips, as if she wasn't totally sure of herself at that instant.

Chunji wanted to go over there to smooth that frown from her eyes. She had to be the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. And he had seen a lot of girls all right.

Chunji gulped and took a step back. This was bad. He was reacting to her again. He had to go fast.

And just as he wanted to run away again, Miyoung turned and met his eyes. Chunji cursed. *.*

 

 

 

 

KYAAAAAA I have a trailer for this fic now! WHOOT WHOOT!

 


 

Thanks to Beautifulove for this!!