It's Love

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

*Eotteohke?* Chunji panicked as he glanced through the kitchen. It was in a thorough mess, caused by him singlehandedly.

And not to mention the whiff of smoke that was evident in the air.

He heard Miyoung taking off her shoes and closing the door behind her. He jumped. "Damn!" he hissed as he stuffed the apron into a random drawer.

He ran to get a table cloth and tried to cover the mess he had created. Or rather, tried to.

Miyoung came into the house, surprised to find it smelling of marvelous flowers and looking of marvelous flowers. She blinked at the flower petals scattered clumsily around, looking like some tornado appeared.

She walked towards the dining room and saw that the table was decorated with a fancy table cloth and more flowers.

What was scary was that the flower in the centre o the table was dropping and wilting and just an inch away from the scented candle and from catching fire.

The champagne bottle was tittering at the side of the table as well, anytime would be the moment for it to fall to its death.

Miyoung rushed to set the flowers and champagne bottle right and blinked confusedly. What was this all about?

She went into the kitchen just in time to  see Chunji trying to use an old table cloth to cover some large expanse of dirty bowls and plates.

"What are you doing?" Miyoung blurted.

Chunji froze. He spun around slowly to look at her and smiled sheepishly, running the back of his neck. "Cooking dinner?" he responded unsurely.

Miyoung's lips curled up in a small smile. "You cook?" she couldn't help teasing. She stepped forward to see Chunji's masterpiece and Chunji blocked her view with his body.

She pouted at him. "Let me see!"

Chunji shook his head stubbornly. "No." he insisted. He couldn't let her see what a failure he was! How embarrassing!

Miyoung didn't care and side stepped him with her reflex. She pulled the table cloth off, only to see a bowl of minced fish (supposedly fish fillet) and asparagus swimming in water (the soup.)

She raised her brows and felt laughter bubbling though her. "This is it?" she giggled. "I think you shouldn't step into the kitchen Lee Chanhee. Let me do it next time."

Chunji pouted and took a step towards her. He tugged her gently and she naturally fell towards him, into his embrace.

He curled his hands around her and sighed contently. "Isn't it all because of you?" he murmured, flicking her forehead.

Miyoung made a face and looked at him. Chunji smiled and pressed her closer. "You. You're not acting like yourself." he told her, as if she didn't know. "You don't seem to be home anymore and you always run away when I want to talk to you. Not to mention how you always look distracted and a tinge of melancholic."

Miyoung blinked at him. "You realized?"

"Of course." Chunji tapped her nose. "That's why I was trying to cheer you up with dinner."

A gush of emotions ran through Miyoung. More than anything, she was touched.

Chunji not only notice all those things, her discomfort, her uncertainty, her troubles, but he also made it a point to do something to rid of it.

He was so nice and sweet to her, going to such lengths and trying to impress her with his romanticism.

Miyoung smiled at him softly, her eyes shining. Chunji beamed back and brushed her hair out of her face, his hands sliding to her cheeks and bringing them closer to him.

He closed his eyes and moved nearer towards her lips.

Which was when Miyoung froze. She remembered what Hong Sena had told her just in that afternoon.

-----

"Don't be fooled by what Chunji oppa does for you, Park Miyoung!" Sena smirked. "Because the only possible reason he's being good to you is because he's guilty for loving me while you're his mate!"

-----

Miyoung pulled away so quickly, Chunji almost didn't react in time and kissed the air. He blinked at her in confusion but Miyoung didn't meet his eyes.

"I...I need to bathe." With that, Miyoung grabbed her bag and dashed into the room.

 

 

"What am I supposed to do, Abeoji?"

After consulting his very pals and the idea didn't work out, Chunji went to look for his father instead. He appeared at their doorway around 9pm, surprising his parents a great deal.

He told his mother he needed some alone time for a man to man talk and she understood, walking away.

His father looked at him questioningly. "What happened, Chanhee?"

Chunji sighed. "I don't know!" he raked his fingers through his hair. "Miyoung's acting really strange!" he complained.

"She keeps avoiding me and it looks like there's something that's bothering her." he told his father. "But she doesn't want to share it with me and I desperately want to make her happy again."

"Like this morning," Chunji recalled. "She was eating her toast so leisurely, but when she saw me coming, she gobbled the whole thing up and ran away with some lame excuse!" he huffed.

"Maybe she did have somewhere to go to?" Mr Lee offered.

"Yeah, maybe," Chunji twisted his lips. "But just now, I made...no. I TRIED to make dinner for us. You know, with roses and flowers and scented candles and champagne." he sighed. "It failed of course."

His father laughed.

"But that's not the point." he waved the matter away. "The point is, I told her how I want her to be happy and all and she looked at me with those shining glimmering eyes of hers. The moment was so right and magical, Abeoji, and I was about to kiss her and BAM!" he exclaimed.

Mr Lee jumped.

"She pulls away and says she needs to bathe and she runs off." Chunji concluded dully. "I mean, what the hell is that!" he cursed.

Mr Lee looked at his son for a few moments and sighed. "I must be insane giving you relationship advise for that Park girl and you," he massaged his temples. "But I don't think there's a choice, is there?"

He looked at Chunji seriously. "I think before you try to solve whatever is between the both of you, you have to figure things out on your side, first." he told Chunji. "And at the same time Miyoung will need to figure her feelings out as well."

"Figure what out?" Chunji asked dumbly.

"Whether you love her or not, duh." Mr Lee rolled his eyes. "From what I see, Chanhee, you have a rather deep attachment towards Miyoung, deeper than I would have expected, deeper than most mates would, especially newly founded ones."

Chunji bit his lip, listening intently.

"Think about it." Mr Lee tapped his chin. "You don't cook. But you're willing to do it for Park Miyoung. You're the biggest block of wood that didn't even notice us painting your whole room over with a new color-"

"You did?" Chunji gasped.

"Yes two years ago we changed it from grey to blue and you didn't say a word about it." Mr Lee notified. "But that's not the point. The point is that small things about Miyoung, you notice. And for once my son, someone else's emotions are able to string yours along as well."

"Don't you think that means something?" Mr Lee questioned him back.

Chunji thought silently. He had acknowledged that fact that he couldn't live without Miyoung any longer. He had assumed what he felt was because they were mates, some sort of werewolf biological thing.

But even Jaehyuk had told him that he thought Chunji loved Miyoung. And from what Chunji saw, one of the people he thought that understands love the most was Jaehyuk.

Was it true? He loved her?

*I do.* a voice at the back of his mind whispered.

His eyes widened in realization and he looked at his father. Mr Lee chuckled. "Finally, Chanhee."

Chunji smiled and nodded. "Thanks for the tips Abeoji!" he bowed and ran out.

Mrs Lee heard the door closing and came down the steps. "Where's Chanhee? He left?" she gasped.

She looked at her husband accusingly for not stopping their son. "Yeobo," Mr Lee murmured. "I think I'm mad to encourage Chanhee and Miyoung together."

He looked at her with twinkling eyes. "But you know what I think?" he asked softly. "I think it's love."