Secretly Caring

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

True to his word, Chunji didn't let Miyoung go anywhere else for the next three days until he was sure that her fever had well subsided. She could now walk on clutches, but Chunji didn't allow her to do that as long as he was around. He made sure to carry her around like she was a baby and wasn't a bit embarrassed about it.

"I'm telling you, I can go to the kitchen to get a cup of drink myself!" Miyoung protested. "I mean, I have my clutches! I can just hop my way there or something. It's just like," she looked over Chunji's shoulder. "Ten steps."

"Ten steps. Ten chances of you falling down." Chunji snapped. He tightened his grip of her. "You're totally capable of that, don't deny it."

"Hey!" Miyoung pouted, clinging onto Chunji instinctively after three days of being carried about like a baby. The house was filled to the brim with gifts from other male Park wolves, since they didn't really consider Miyoung taken by Chunji.

Chunji put Miyoung down gently on the kitchen counter and looked for a cup. "You wanted a drink?" He looked around their fridge that was stacked with food, sent by the other admirers. He tapped his chin. "Celery juice today, or carrot juice?" he pondered.

Miyoung made a face and gagged when Chunji couldn't see. She peeked into the fridge and saw a great variety of other nice drinks like Choya and Sparkling Apple juice. "What about that one?" she pointed, asking innocently.

Chunji frowned. "This?" he picked out the sparkling apple juice. "Wasn't this given by what's his name? Oh Hey Yo or something." he frowned. "We should throw it away." he said firmly. He eyed the rest of the gifts given by the other Miyoung admirers. "And all of them."

Miyoung pouted. "His name is Yoseob." she snapped. She climbed onto his back and tugged his hair. "Waeeeee? I like their drinks better than yours!" she whined. "WAE WAE WAEEE~" she pulled his shirt.

Chunji made a face and put her down on the kitchen table again. "Aish you don't even know if they poisoned it or something." he grumbled, walking to pour her a cup of milk instead. "Ayyy." Miyoung grumbled as she took the cup from him. "You treat me like I'm going to get into some trouble any time."

"You are." Chunji said knowingly, carrying her again back to the couch in the living room and putting her down so that she could resume watching Rooftop Prince. He massaged his temples. "I don't even know how I let you talk me into letting you go back to school tomorrow. It's going to be a disaster."

 

 

"Sister-in-law is finally back in school?" Ricky asked as the Teen Top members gathered in their usual spot in school. Miyoung limped into the hallway with her clutches and Gongchan and Kyungmi by her side guarding her protectively. Chunji froze and his eyes trained on her from the moment she entered.

"Shouldn't have let her come to school." Chunji muttered. "Look at her...limping and hopping like that."

Miyoung smiled politely at the other Park wolves who asked about her well being and assured them that she was alright. The group parted and made a path within the sea of people to let her pass. Miyoung pinked and nodded respectfully at them, and continued limping her way to class.

She felt Chunji's gaze on her and she peeked at him from the corner of her eye. *Still acting like a nanny?* she thought haughtily. *I'm even more used to the mean Chunji now.*

She hobbled to class and pretended to lose her balance for a bit. She caught Chunji take a step towards her and freezing up as the other Park wolves voiced their concern. Miyoung quickly steadied herself and sent a smile. "I'm fine!" she announced cheerfully before continuing with her way.

She bit back a smile and walked away. *Got you, Lee Chanhee~*

Chunji grounded his teeth and watched Miyoung go. *Darn! I knew I should never have agreed!* he thought madly.

L.Joe shook his head at the familiar look in Miyoung's face and chuckled. *Fool.* He smiled when Mihye arrived and went off with her, leaving the rest of the Teen Top members.

Niel peeked at Chunji's face and grinned. "You look mad, hyung."

Chunji narrowed his eyes. "I am." he assured, before stalking off behind where Miyoung went, making sure that she would be alright. CAP rolled his eyes and gestured for the rest to follow.

Ricky tapped his chin. "I wonder if they'll still seek for a separation from the Ministry even after all this?" he thought aloud.

CAP inwardly sighed. "I have no idea." he whispered. Making sure no one was listening, he turned to the rest of the members. "Because logic tells them to, and everything else wants them to stay together."

 

 

"Yes Miyoung can you please answer this question?" the professor asked.

"Neh Seongsaengnim." Miyoung responded, grabbing her clutch to stand up. The Professor's eyes widened and he waved his hands about. "Omo! No need to stand up Miyoung! I'm sorry, I forgot about your leg! Why don't we let another student answer this instead?"

He proceeded to call on the sleeping Changjo who was sitting at the corner of the class.

Miyoung's face fell and she pouted, having missed the chance to answer the question. She propped her chin up on her elbow and continued listening to the lesson, not knowing that someone was glaring at her from behind.

*That idiot!* Chunji scolded in his head. *She shouldn't even be raising her hands to answer anything thing right now! Does she want something to happen to her leg again or what?* he fumed.

The lesson went on and Chunji didn't listen to a single bit of it. His eyes were constantly on Miyoung and made sure no one came too close to her or her left leg.

When the lesson ended, the Park wolves gathered around Miyoung as they asked about her. "How did you get hurt, Miyoung?" one asked.

Miyoung smiled. "Ah...uh I accidentally stepped on a hunter's trap in the forest." she explained. "It was placed there to catch bears and other wild animals, and not werewolves. Guess the message wasn't clear enough that we weren't supposed to enter the woods." she shrugged.

"Oww." one of the other wolves winced. "That sounds awful. If I were your mate, Miyoung, I'd fire the hotel's manager immediately, for not putting up safety signs."

Chunji rolled his eyes. *Already done that.*

"And make sure to be with you all the time, not sitting there like that!" another scoffed, glancing at Chunji. "I wonder how long it's going to take for you two to separate."

Miyoung just smiled politely and watched from the corner of her eye as Chunji slipped out of class. Miyoung sighed. *I wonder if that's even possible now.*

 

 

Chunji paced around in the living room as he waited for Miyoung to return home. "Damn it." he cursed. "Damn that Gongchan and Kyungmi. Why did they have to bring Miyoung back to see her parents when her leg hasn't fully recovered? Can't they wait another few more days?"

He glanced at the clock and frowned. *Aish. Can she even manage, walking with those legs of hers?*

He scoffed when he thought of Gongchan's dandy skinny legs. "I don't even think that Chansik oppa of hers can lift her up." he muttered.

He waited impatiently in the living room, stalking around and grabbing his phone, wondering if he should call her or not. He wanted to, dearly. However, things weren't exactly clear cut between them and he didn't know if it was okay to show his concern so outrightly.

He really wanted to help her every time he saw her limp from place to place. He could see the strain in her face despite her smile. He could see how she could flex her fingers once in a while after holding the clutches for too long.

He could have just carried her and they'd reach her destination in ten seconds, but he couldn't do that under the watchful eyes of the crowd.

He cursed. Fluently.

The door finally opened and Miyoung limped into the house, smiling because she got to see her parents and had a nice long talk with them. Chunji immediately leapt from his standing position onto the couch and grabbed the magazine, flipping it to the first random page.

"Oh you're back." He responded nonchalantly.

Miyoung raised her brows. She saw him peeking out at her and following her with his eyes from behind the magazine. And wait...is that magazine upside down right there?

She chuckled softly.

"My day was awesome." She commented. "Though I almost fell three times when I was back home and hit my left leg on the table."

"WHAT?" Chunji blurted, whipping the magazine down to look at her.

"Joking~" Miyoung sang. She hobbled into the room. "Next time, just ask me if you want to know. No need to show me those spying skills of yours that's far from a ninja's." she teased, before disappearing inside.

Chunji looked down at the magazine and cursed himself for being so dumb. He sighed and a small smile played on his lips.

*I do want to care, Park Miyoung.* he thought. *But at this point of time, our relationship only allows me to care secretly.*