Why did you choose him?

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

It was a sporty sporty sporty day at the werewolf academy. As in literally.

The wolves of the academy of all ages from children who look barely older than toddlers, to the seniors who were ready to go out to the society to work, they were all gathered at the field that day for the annual *drumrolls* Werewolf Sports Day!

All the wolves were decked in their sporty out fits and ready to shine. The game was simple, there is only to be one pair, just one pair of winners for every level.

The winners will get a whole lot of prizes of course, but the glory was more the appeal than anything.

This day found the wolves in our story stretching and warming up as they got ready for the sporting event.

"Who are you going to partner up with, Chunji hyung?" Niel asked. "Miyoung?"

Chunji rolled his eyes at his dongsaeng but couldn't help the smile that crept onto his face. He loved her. God, how he loved her.

He couldn't believe he only knew that now, but good things don't come easy. And from what he knew, Park Miyoung was the best thing that happened to him in his life.

Chunji whacked Niel's head. "What do you think?"

Niel blinked, not wanting to answer the wrong thing in case he got scolded again. Ricky laughed and shook his head. "Of course he's pairing up with Miyoung!" he grinned. He pulled Jaemi to him. "Like I'm pairing up with Jaemi!"

Jaemi rolled her eyes and leaned away as Ricky puckered his lips for a kiss.

CAP looked at Chunji unsurely. "But this is a public event, Chunji. The public doesn't know that you and Miyoung have already confirmed as mates yet."

Chunji shrugged. He felt like he was ready to face all their criticisms. Whatever they say, whatever they do. Even if they do riot or throw glass pieces at him, he doesn't care.

Hell, he felt like he could take up the world with the knowledge that he loves Miyoung.

"I think it's time for them to know, don't you?" Chunji grinned.

He looked over to where Miyoung was stretching with Kyungmi and Gongchan and his heart fluttered at the sight of her. She was gorgeous, just like a model on a poster but she's even better than the real thing.

He spotted Changjo running over to ask if Kyungmi wants to be partners and he smiled softly, maybe he should learn from that maknae sometimes.

 

 

"Kyungmi! Do you want to be partners with me?" Changjo beamed cutely at her.

Kyungmi swallowed uneasily and looked between Gongchan and Miyoung. She met eyes with Miyoung and asked for help, but her friend didn't know what to do as well.

"But if I partner you, what about Chansik oppa?" Kyungmi asked. "Miyoung's going to partner Chunji so he's left alone."

Changjo pouted lightly. To him, hell to Gongchan. That wolf can fall into a drain and Changjo wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Gongchan frowned and looked at Miyoung. "Miyoung, can't you be my partner this time then?" he pleaded. "Look, Chunji already found himself a partner!"

All eyes snapped towards where Gongchan was pointing at and they saw Chunji talking to a girl. A very beautiful girl.

Miyoung felt her heart drop. *Hong Sena.*

Changjo frowned at the sight, not liking what he saw. Sena had been one of Chunji's ex girlfriends, but them again, Chunji had so many ex girlfriends that it didn't really matter.

He turned to Miyoung and hoped that she wouldn't be bothered by it, and he was thoroughly disappointed with what he saw. Miyoung looked pale and distracted, biting her lips and looking like someone hit her with a truck.

"Miyoung noona," Changjo wanted to defend Chunji. "Don't misunderstand. Hong Sena-"

"Don't." Miyoung cut him off. She took a deep breath and turned towards Gongchan with a small smile. "I think I'll partner up with you then Chansik oppa."

Gongchan whooped and Changjo's expression dropped. He was worried for Chunji, and at the same time for Kyungmi. He looked at the girl at his side anxiously and found her looking at him with emotionless eyes.

"Are you okay?" Changjo whispered.

Kyungmi nodded and faked a smile. "I'm just thinking...of how I'm going to be the only wolf in history to be rejected by her mate." she murmured.

Changjo frowned when he caught part of her words and didn't understand it. He squeezed her hand and she smiled at him, brighter this time, and he felt some sort of relief.

"I'm telling you Sena I'm partnering up with Miyoung!" Chunji's voice could be heard as he walked towards the quartet, looking furious that this girl latched herself onto him.

Once he reached Miyoung's side, his expression changed immediately. He smiled softly at her and took her hand in his. "Ready to be this year's champions, Miyoung?" he grinned.

Miyoung swallowed and gently pulled her hand out of his. "I...I'm partnering Chansik oppa this time, Lee Chanhee." she muttered. "You can partner Hong Sena instead."

Chunji felt like someone knocked him in the lungs and all breath escaped him. For a few moments, he couldn't breathe and all he could do was to look at her and gape.

"You...you're partnering Gongchan?" he repeated. "But what about..what about Kyungmi?" he whispered. "What about ...me?" he asked brokenly.

Miyoung bit her lip hard. "Kyungmi's got Changjo already." she answered softly. "You can partner up with someone else."

The whistle blew at this point and Miyoung tore her gaze from Chunji. "Chansik oppa and I have to go warm up. Good luck Lee Chanhee."

With that, she went off.

Hong Sena latched herself onto Chunji and smiled brightly. Chunji felt his heart being stabbed repeatedly. Was he being too sensitive now, or was this something much more than a simple act of choosing partners?

Chunji was too distracted to notice how Sena winked and gestured an okay sign to the rest of the female population, both Lees and Parks and smile smugly.

The rest of the wolves dispersed and chartered amongst themselves, clearly happy about the rift.

 

 

With a loud "PEEEEEEEEPP!" the race started. It wasn't exactly a race though, more like a frenzy to complete the set of things they had to do and score the highest points at the same time.

Kyungmi and Changjo seemed to be really in sync and they ran off the quickest when it was the three legged race. Gongchan and Miyoung had trouble coordinating, but soon did so when they counted one two one two.

Chunji and Sena however, we're lagging behind by miles. Sena just couldn't keep up with Chunji's large strides and kept falling down.

"Will you just hurry up?" Chunji barked, irritated, his eyes fixed on Gongchan and Miyoung in front. He wanted to rush in front to tear them apart but this stupid woman beside him didn't allow him to.

Sena fell down again and huffed. "If you didn't walk so quickly like you're in a rush or something, and walk smaller steps that perhaps my shorter legs could handle, maybe I wouldn't fall and we would be faster!" she retorted.

Chunji ignored her and continued on with his pace the moment she got up. Sena fell again and Chunji mentally smacked himself. Darn this partner.

L.Joe and Mihye were far in front, and Ricky and Jaemi were not far behind. CAP and Niel walked past Chunji and Sena leisurely, not at all wanting to win.

CAP raised his brows at Chunji. "Still here? And we thought we were slow!" he smirked.

Chunji threw Sena an impatient look and let out a growl. "You better hurry Hyung!" Niel sang.

Chunji whipped his head I see his dongsaeng. "I heard there are going to be rather interesting couple activities this season!"

Chunji felt his blood run cold and be couldn't even bear the thought of Miyoung doing intimate things with Gongchan.

" the rules!" Chunji tore the ribbon holding his and Sena's leg together. "I'll kill that bastard if he even touches a single strand of Miyoung's hair!"

And then he ran.