Her Fear

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

"Okay, this is getting weirder and weirder." Gongchan massaged his temples. "First Chunji and Miyoung, now Changjo likes Kyungmi?"

The three best friends were at Miyoung's old house (old because she had already moved off with Chunji) to talk, without having to face Chunji and the rest of Teen Top.

It was the night of the Initiation Ball, however, the focus at this particular moment wasn't anything near it.

Miyoung wrinkled her nose and propped her chin up with her elbows. "I know right?" she muttered. "I didn't expect Changjo to have harbored a crush for Kyungmi."

Kyungmi's face pinked and she still looked stunned, like she couldn't believe what just happened. The news spread like wild fire of course, that another Lee pack wolf had expressed interest in a Park Pack wolf.

The bouquet of flowers that Changjo had gotten Kyungmi lay half forgotten in the corner of the room, where Gongchan had "innocently" threw carelessly without looking.

Gongchan rubbed his temples again and leaned heavily on the chair. "It's just been two days and there's so many unexpected things going on." he muttered. "If you told me this last week, I would have thought you were mad."

Miyoung nodded, completely agreeing. She bit into a cookie and chewed while looking at Kyungmi. "So what are you going to do with Changjo?" she asked with a raised brow.

"Get rid of him of course!" Gongchan immediately blurted.

Kyungmi played with the hem of her shirt and stared at the carpet. "Not in such harsh terms but something like that." she supplied. "I mean, he isn't my mate..." her voice trailed off and she raised her head to look at Miyoung.

Miyoung understood the look and glanced discreetly at Gongchan. Why would Kyungmi want Changjo when she already knew who her mate was? Changjo shouldn't even be wasting his time on her.

Well the whole problem here lies that this particular mate in question doesn't know he is the one. And perhaps it's further worsened by the fact that Kyungmi doesn't want to tell anyone, and Gongchan just stubbornly sees Kyungmi as just a best friend.

"I guess you have to tell him that then." Miyoung told Kyungmi gently, passing her the tray of cookies her mother made. "At least he's not your mate or anything."

Gongchan's head immediately snapped towards the two girls. "Hell yeah. First you, then Kyungmi. I'll kill myself if Changjo turns out to be Kyungmi's mate after the hurt of knowing Chunji's yours."

Miyoung lowered her gaze guiltily, not exactly knowing what she was sorry for. His anger? Her betrayal? But she wasn't even the one who initiated the kiss, despite not disliking the whole process.

Gongchan softened at Miyoung's sulking face and let out a small sigh. "Did he do anything to you?" he asked, his jaw clenched. "Is it true? There's only one bed? Did he try anything again? I swear if he does anything to you I'll break his-"

"Chansik oppa." Kyungmi touched his arm lightly. "Relax." Her gentle touch made him calm down a little and he continued looking at Miyoung expectantly for answers.

"Well," Miyoung wrinkled her nose. "It's quite awkward, after kissing your nemesis." she made a face. "But other than that we just bicker non stop like we always do. And no, he didn't do anything to me. In fact he looked like he couldn't stand being in the same room as me, picking fights with me that often."

Gongchan heaved a small sigh of relief. "He didn't do anything? That's good." he grinned softly.

Kyungmi looked at her best friend. "But Miyoung ah, there must be a day that you two must mate, isn't it?" she asked. "I mean, the fundamental responsibility and role of a mate is to produce babies and continue the family tree."

Miyoung's face screwed up at the thought of mating with Chunji. "Eeww don't talk about it." she waved her hands in the air dismissively. "Appa told me never to let Lee Chanhee touch me. If we mate, it's like sealing the fate. So in the mean time he'll find some way of getting us out of this mess."

Gongchan's eyes glimmered with hope. "Is that possible?" he exclaimed. "That's great, Miyoung. I knew Lee Chanhee isn't the one for you! It's just a kiss, I don't know why the ministry thinks that kiss means that you two are mates. Until the day you two have golden eyes for each other, I think you're still single." he grinned.

Kyungmi looked away, knowing exactly how the wheels are turning in Gongchan's head. She knew he was hoping, hoping that somehow or another Miyoung's mate would turn out to be him.

But what a naive thought that was. He was hers.

Yes it's just a simple kiss. Couples kiss all the time and the ministry doesn't declare them as mates.

But doesn't Gongchan remember how Miyoung and Chunji had to go through some interview by the Principal and Therapist? Doesn't he remember how they were loggerheads and that's why the mere slight attraction between the two would mean much more than between anyone else?

At least he had to remember Chunji's face when he kissed Miyoung. His eyes were closed and he looked so blissful and happy. While at the same time after the shock worn off Miyoung's face, her expression showed contentment.

As her best friend wouldn't he know these things as well?

*He just chooses not to see them.* Kyungmi thought desperately. When she finally opened her eyes to see what Gongchan and Miyoung were talking about, she realized only Miyoung and her were left in the room.

"Where's Chansik oppa?" She asked curiously.

Miyoung giggled and closed the door, walking to the wardrobe and getting out the white and purple dresses. "I sent him out. Don't you remember the ball tonight?" she smiled. "Forget the troubles for a bit. We've got to pretty ourselves up!" she said cheerfully.

Kyungmi nodded and scrambled to get changed. Mrs Park came in to help with their hairstyles and make up and soon both girl's were pretty as models.

"Wonderful. I guess my work here is done. Come down when you're ready." Mrs Park smiled and left.

Miyoung giggled and twirled in front of the mirror while Kyungmi adjusted her dress restlessly.

Miyoung saw the same uncertainty Kyungmi had that she had in herself when she looked in the mirror. "You look great, Kyungmi." she supplied, honest.

Kyungmi faked a smile and looked at her. "YOU look great." she looked herself in the mirror. "I don't think u do."

"Nonsense." Miyoung stomped over to the mirror and stood beside Kyungmi. "I don't. You do."

Kyungmi frowned. "What are you talking about? Look! You look great and I-"

"Stop!" Miyoung laughed. "We are a bunch of girl's in need of self esteem." Kyungmi giggled, nodding. "Let's just admit the fact tonight. We both look great."

Kyungmi nodded and hugged herself, looking in the mirror. To be honest, she thought, she didn't look quite bad. She looked rather good.

But was it good enough?

"I'm scared, Miyoung." Kyungmi whispered.

Miyoung stopped patting at her hair and looked at her best friend. Kyungmi bit her lip and looked at her own hands. "Why?" Miyoung asked gently. "About what?"

"Chansik oppa." Kyungmi whispered. "What if he doesn't like me back in the end? It's been around a week since I had my golden eyes and still he doesn't seem to change his behavior around me. Is there such thing as a one sided mate or am I the first in history?"

"Kyungmi..." Miyoung softened.

"I'm really scared, Miyoung." Kyungmi sniffled. "I'm scared what he'll say if I tell him. I'm scared what he won't do if I don't. Because from what I see now, Chansik oppa isn't going to come to me and declare his affections any time soon."

Miyoung hugged her best friend, knowing the words were true. Gongchan treated Kyungmi like a sister, like a friend.

"We can only wait, Kyungmi. Only wait."