Misunderstanding

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Later in the afternoon after everyone had washed up, the gang met downstairs at the lobby. "So, where are we going and what are we going to do first?" Ricky clapped his hands excitedly.

Changjo lowered his sunglasses, looking cool like a superstar. He glanced at Kyungmi to see if she was looking and made an even cooler pose which he learnt from L.Joe.

Gongchan noted what he was doing and he peeked at Kyungmi from the corner of his eye. To his relief, she had been flipping through one of the guide books the hotel provided and didn't even bother about Changjo's existence. He slowly smiled.

"I think we take the cable car up to halfway up the mountain." CAP suggested after scrutinizing the leaflets. "Then we hike our way up?"

"Sounds good." Niel nodded in approval. "Let's go let's go!" he beamed. L.Joe rolled his eyes and stalked off first. "Retarded." he muttered. "Should have stayed at home with Mihye."

The gang made their way to the the cable car station and got their tickets, getting into the queue. "I hope we get the pink one!" Ricky crossed his fingers and squeezed his eyes shut as the cable cars rolled by in different colours.

"Does it even matter?" Chunji raised his brows.

"Yes!" Ricky defended. He clapped gleefully when it was their turn and they really got to ride a pink one. "YES YES YES!" he hopped into the cable car excitedly.

Because their group was too large, they had to separate. Five in one, and four in the other. Changjo grabbed onto Kyungmi's hand and pulled her into the pink cable car after Ricky. He settled beside Kyungmi and smiled brightly. "Can't wait can't wait!"

Gongchan frowned at their interaction. He looked over to Miyoung and cocked his head. "Let's go on this one as well." he suggested. Miyoung nodded and followed after him, until a hand reached out to stop her.

"You ride with me." Chunji hissed, his eyes on Gongchan. Miyoung blinked, not understanding. Chunji ignored her confusion and continued glaring at her male best friend. "You can sit on this. Miyoung and I will sit on the next car."

Gongchan bit his lip frowning. He looked back into the pink cable car where he saw Kyungmi looking out, wondering why her best friends weren't getting on yet. He looked back at Miyoung and his gaze trailed to where Chunji's hand gripped hers possessively.

"I-I....I'll take the next one with you guys." he finally decided, and left CAP and L.Joe to join the others in the pink cable car. He flinched when he saw Kyungmi's face fall, looking at them. She knew. He chose Miyoung over her, as he always did.

She swallowed and looked at her hands. *But it hurts every single time.*

Changjo noticed what happened and pulled her hands from her lap to distract her. "Omo Kyungmi you have such pretty hands!" he fussed. He cracked a smile when he finally saw Kyungmi giggle a little. *That's right. Make him yearn for you. Sometimes you don't always have to look out for him. He has to learn to look out for you too.*

-----

On the other hand, the four that were left behind boarded the next cable car, which happens to be an orange one, not that it mattered to them. Chunji got up the cable car first, and helped Miyoung into it, making sure that she sat next to him.

Gongchan followed there after, taking the seat opposite Miyoung's. The blur Niel stepped happily into the cabin, not knowing he just entered a complicated love triangle.

Chunji could feel the warmth and softness of Miyoung's hands in his. He could feel her questionable gaze on him, as to why he was showering her that much attention all of a sudden. Their shoulders bumping, the small gap between them made all his senses triply alert.

He was straining. Straining to keep himself in check as he felt the attraction towards the girl beside him. And he could have bared himself from all this suffering if he had just let Miyoung board the previous cable car.

But he couldn't let himself do it.

He eyed Gongchan dangerously, the latter's affectionate gaze on his mate. The predator instincts rose within him and he fought to keep it down. All of a sudden, this surge of hatred for Gongchan surfaced. This hatred that was ten times worse then what he felt for Miyoung in the past. He didn't hate her now, but in the past, he thought he couldn't hate anyone more. Seems like he was wrong.

"Woah look at those boats! They look so tiny!" Niel fussed, squealing at every little thing, even a bird.

Miyoung shifted to look at the scene, smiling brightly. "Woah you're right Niel!" she giggled. "Those boats look like ants!" she pointed excitedly.

Chunji found the sides of his lips curling up in a smile and he turned to look down at the scenary as well. Duh. When you're high up of course things look small.

But this logical thing could make Miyoung smile and giggle in such a delightful way, and suddenly, Chunji thought it was pretty amazing too. "Yeah. Those boats look like rainbow sprinkles." he found himself saying.

Miyoung rose her brows at him. "Not bad a description, Mr Lee Chanhee." she grinned. "Didn't know you had that in you."

Chunji bumped her shoulders and chuckled softly. He looked out from the corner of his eye and saw Gongchan glowering at the two of them. *That's right. She's my mate, Gong Chansik. Not yours.*

 

 

They finally arrived at the halfway mark of the great mountain and all of them filed out of the cable cars. "Don't you think it was amazing, Kyungmi?" Changjo asked, smiling. "Felt like we were flying!"

Kyungmi laughed. "Almost."

Changjo grinned and helped to fix her bangs, making Kyungmi blink in surprise. Gongchan saw and he wanted to go over to whip Changjo's hands away, when he caught sight of Chunji holding onto Miyoung's hands as he led her across some rocky path.

He floated between the two, not knowing which pair he should keep an eye on.

*Aish babo Gongchan.* he scolded himself as he went over to Chunji and Miyoung. *Of course it's Miyoung! Kyungmi's your best friend but Miyoung's the one you love!* he reminded himself.

The group moved off, following the path and climbing higher and higher. The track wasn't very easy to follow and would have been rather tough for ordinary people. But hey. Were they ordinary? They were werewolves!

CAP led the group like the leader he was, and cleared some of the obstacles on the ground for his fellow members. Changjo tended to Kyungmi and made sure she could follow, which Chunji and Gongchan hovered beside Miyoung.

L.Joe couldn't take how Changjo kept fussing over Kyungmi like she was a child, even though she kept complaining about it, and he decided to take matters into his own hands.

"Hey Changjo! I think I saw a snake!" he pointed.

Changjo's eyes widened. "WHERE?" he shrieked. The once calm maknae hopped around frantically in search of that darned animal he was the most afraid of, and instantly forgot about Kyungmi. Kyungmi smiled and fell back in her pace, finding herself ending up beside Gongchan.

He smiled at her as he helped to wipe some of her perspiration away. "Tired?"

"Nope." Kyungmi smiled brightly, happy that he was finally giving her some attention. "The view's totally worth it." she smiled and took in a deep breath. "I'm glad Changjo abducted me here." she chuckled.

Gongchan's face darkened at Changjo's name but he didn't make any comments. They walked for a distance together, talking and chatting and for once Gongchan kind of forgot about Miyoung. Until he suddenly realized that fact and looked around for her.

"Oh. Must keep an eye on Miyoung!" Gongchan muttered and went off to help Miyoung instead, leaving Kyungmi to herself. She sighed softly, somewhat satisfied that they got at least five minutes of "alone" time. They were surrounded by people, but to her it felt like everyone else wasn't there.

Kyungmi took out her phone to check the time, when she caught sight of her reflection in the screen. *Oh no.*

-----

The group moved off, not realizing that Kyungmi had distanced herself behind them and hoping that her golden eyes would fade. Changjo was still scared about the snake and didn't realize anything, while Gongchan attended fully to Miyoung.

Suddenly, Miyoung realized her pockets were empty. Her eyes widened. "What is it?" Chunji asked curtly, sensing something was wrong far sooner than anyone else had.

"My wallet. I think I dropped it." she whispered.

Chunji nodded and glared at Gongchan. "Don't let her fall." he hissed, and ran back in the direction they came in. He searched along the path for a bit, and finally saw the red wallet that had fallen at the side of the walkway.

He turned to go back, when he saw someone behind him. He frowned. "Kyungmi? Why are you lagging behind?" he called out.

At his voice, Kyungmi immediately turned her back to him, hiding her eyes. *Eotteohke?* Chunji frowned when he saw her look away, and he walked over to her, grabbing her by her shoulder to turn her around. "Hey why are you-" he stopped.

Kyungmi gulped, squeezing her eyes shut in a desperate attempt to hide the colour of her eyes. However, it was too late. Chunji had seen. "Who?" he asked.

Kyungmi looked away. "Who?" Chunji repeated. "I'm sure Park Miyoung wants to know about this."

"She does." Kyungmi whispered. "She saw it the first time."

Chunji's eyes widened. "You mean...." he gasped. "You haven't told the ministry? But why? Who is it?" Kyungmi looked away sadly. "Chansik oppa." she murmured.

Chunji gasped. No wonder Kyungmi didn't want to say. He saw for himself how infatuated Gongchan was with his mate and it irritated him to the brim. How Gongchan would take, knowing that his mate for life wasn't Miyoung...he didn't want to know.

"Please don't tell anyone." Kyungmi pleaded. "Please."

Chunji softened. "I won't. If Park Miyoung haven't already told on you, it means she agrees with you as well." he shrugged. "Let's head back and hope that your eyes will return to normal. They're getting browner now."

Kyungmi nodded gratefully. She took a step forward, only to trip on a rock and fall towards Chunji. Chunji's natural instincts were to reach forward to catch her and she landed against his chest, with his arms around her.

"Omo. Mianhae." Kyungmi scrambled away from him. But it was too late.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO KYUNGMI?" Miyoung hollered as she came running down. Chunji gulped. *Oh no.*

 

-----

Does anyone realize how my chapters are getting longer and longer? xD