Peace

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Gongchan stood there, listening as he looked at Miyoung and Chunji act lovey and dovey together, not even caring how practically the whole werewolf population was against their union.

He blinked once. Twice.

And he was surprised. It didn't hurt as much as he thought it would. Perhaps he ha expected it to happen, perhaps he knew he would have lost from the beginning and just wouldn't give up without a fight first.

He let out a sigh. *Perhaps it's really time to give up, Gong chan sik.* he to himself.

With Miyoung's relationship with Chunji, she wouldn't be joining the best friend trio any longer. Gongchan struggled to find his life back, the life before he went nuts and tried to woo Miyoung when it was obviously the wrong thing to do.

And he remembered Kyungmi. His other best friend. His best friend that had stood beside him longer than Miyoung had, more supportive than Miyoung had been.

And a gush of guilt washed through him. What was he doing these weeks, obsessing over Miyoung that he forgot about Kyungmi? She was his best friend nonetheless and he barely acted like an acquaintance to her.

Needing someone to confide in and wanting to make up to her, Gongchan bought hot chocolate and made his way to Kyungmi's house since he knew she liked to drink hot chocolate in the morning. Said it warmed her up.

Gongchan was about to open the gates to let himself in when he heard someone else's voice in the house. A male voice.

"Kyungmi why aren't you eating anymore?" Changjo's voice could be heard. "Don't you like waffles and hot chocolate? I thought you loved them!"

Gongchan stood there in shock as he listened on.

"Yes I do, but you should eat some too." Kyungmi told him. "I'm full enough to last till lunch so you finish these up alright?"

"Aigoo you're so cute Kyungmi. Arraso since my dear Kyungmi made me eat these I shall." Gongchan could practically see Changjo grinning from outside the house.

"Aish! I'm not yours!" Kyungmi huffed, and then laughter could be heard coming from the house.

Gongchan gripped the hot chocolate in his hands and turned around. So she found someone else. A someone that doesn't necessarily have to be a love interest, but still, someone that seemed to play a better part in her life than he was.

"Why are you upset Gongchan?" he asked himself as he walked away. "You should be happy. You said so yourself, you want Kyungmi to be with a good guy. And even though he's a Lee Pack wolf, Changjo is a great guy. You should be happy."

He plastered a smile on his face and walked off, but somehow his heart didn't feel the same as he told himself to feel. It felt terrible.

 

 

"Omo the rumor is true!" People whispered to each other as Miyoung and Chunji walked past them. "They're together! For real!"

Murmurs of disappointment and depression went around wherever the couple passed, but the two didn't seem to mind at all. They were too warped up in their own little bubble of happiness to notice anything around them.

Holding hands tightly, Chunji and Miyoung went around town for their first simple date and some light hearted shopping for groceries.

They didn't want to do anything overwhelming or exciting because the town was somewhat in mourning for those dead from the vampire attacks the previous night.

However, it was difficult to keep the happiness they were feeling inside, and the smiles on their faces were permanently plastered there.

"Chanhee oppa, look at that head band, it's so cute isn't it?" Miyoung asked and dragged Chunji to an accessory shop.

Chunji hated it whenever his past girlfriends brought him to such places because he couldn't be bothered about what they wore. But with Miyoung it was different.

Miyoung didn't dress up often, and when she made the point to do something special to her hair or clothes, she looked exceptional.

And besides, he loved seeing her range of expressions on her face when they went around looking at this and that.

"Say that again." Chunji nudged her.

Miyoung made a noise absent-mindedly and picked up the hair band she had been looking at and tried it on. It was a thin cream colored band with a similar cream colored bow at the side, with pearls as the centre.

"Say what?" Miyoung murmured, looking in the mirror.

"Just say whatever you said just now." Chunji urged, fixing her bangs. "Hmm?"

Miyoung blinked at him and tapped her chin while she recalled what she had been saying. "Oh, look how cute this hand band is?" she asked unsurely.

Chunji frowned. "No. The one before that."

"What did I say?" Miyoung scratched her head. "I don't remember." she looked into the mirror again. "Should I get this hair band Chanhee oppa?"

"Yes you said it!" Chunji cheered and pressed a big smooch on her cheek in front of the stall ahjumma. Miyoung gasped in surprise and pinked when she saw people around them pointing fingers.

"What did I say?" Miyoung whispered, confused.

"Chanhee oppa. You called me Chanhee oppa without having me force you to do so." Chunji tapped her nose. "Aigoo you don't know how my heart flutters blissfully every time you say it."

Chunji made a dramatic expression and Miyoung laughed, squishing his cheeks. "Drama mama." she retorted. Chunji chuckled and whipped out few notes and passed it to the ahjumma.

"She'll be getting this ahjumma. Thank you." he bowed.

Miyoung's eyes widened. "But I haven't even decided if I wanted it yet!" she protested.

Chunji pulled her away as they went to the next shop. "I didn't buy it for you, silly." he made a face at her.

Miyoung looked at him completely dumbfounded. Who did he buy it for then? Such a girls teenage hair band? It can't be for his mom right...unless its for another girl?

Miyoung shook her head. *Impossible.*

"It's for me." Chunji declared grandly, making, Miyoung's jaw drop. Chunji pushed back and pecked her lips.

"Technically I'm buying it for myself since I'll be the one who's going to look at it when my beautiful girlfriend wears it isn't it?" Chunji asked, laughing at her incredulous expression.

"Lee Chanhee!!"

 

 

The couple met with a large group of angry wolves when they were at the super market shopping for groceries for their dinner.

Miyoung pressed closer to Chunji and hugged his arm when the group of wolves following them grew larger. "Chanhee oppa." she whispered. "Do something about it!"

"About what?" Chunji asked distractedly. He picked up a pack of kimchi and dropped it in their shopping cart. "Should we make kimchi fried rice or kimchi stew tonight?"

"Chanhee!" Miyoung hissed. She frowned and pointed to those people following them. "I'm talking about them! Pay attention will you?" she hissed. She pouted and made a face. "And besides, I'll be the one cooking. There's no 'us' in cooking if you remember your previous experience."

Chunji turned to see the group of wolves glaring at them shrugged. "I knew they were there." he told her. "But I decided to pretend they weren't."

Miyoung frowned. "But-"

"It doesn't matter Miyoung." Chunji told her seriously, his carefree playful attitude disappearing in an instant. "What matters is you and me. Shopping. Together. We don't need to care about them unless they talk to us...."

"Yah Lee Chanhee. Park Miyoung!"

Chunji rolled his eyes. "Which they just did." he muttered and bit back a curse.

He whipped back to look at the wolves and raised his brows innocently. "Yes?"

"Break up with Park Miyoung." the wolves demanded. "Break up with Lee Chanhee, Park Miyoung. You two don't belong together."

Miyoung cowered and pressed closer to Chunji. The other wolves looked scary.

Chunji raised a brow at them and thought for few moments as if he was really considering the matter.

He looked at them and they held their breaths in anticipation.

"No." Chunji answered haughtily.

"No?" the wolves echoed.

"Yes, I said no." Chunji repeated. "Firstly, it isn't possible because UNDER THE WEREWOLF LAW," he emphasized. "Since Miyoung and I are just so fated to be together that we have developed golden eyes in each other presences, we are official mates and there is no way of separating us, even with a stupid decree." he eyed them.

The wolves deflated. "But Chunji-"

Chunji held his hand up to silence them. "And secondly," he pulled Miyoung closer, a soft teasing smile playing on his lips. "I don't want to."

"I love her, I love her very very much." Chunji declared. "Even if we weren't mates, I'd do anything to be with her, because she's worth that much and so much more. I love her and not because of the physical attraction...although she does have a pretty neck huh?" he chuckled, making Miyoung slap his arm lightly.

The other wolves frowned at the display.

"I love her beyond what a mate feels for his other half. She is my life, she is my soul." Chunji whispered. "I'll never let her go no matter what."

He looked at the other wolves with a raised brow. "So save your breath. Park Miyoung and I are staying together."

He spun Miyoung around and wheeled their shopping cart together with them as they walked off.

Miyoung looked up at him with shining eyes, utterly touched. Chunji grew conscious and tried to cover it up by teasing her. "Why? Want to cry already?"

Miyoung made a face but he heard her sniffle pretty clearly. "No, who said anything about crying?" she retorted. "I just thought what a pity this wonderful confession had to take place..." she looked around. "In a super market."

She grinned playfully at Chunji while he took in her words. "Yah Park Miyoung I said all those things and that's all you're going to say to me?" he demanded and tickled her.

Miyoung laughed and looked at him, smiling. Chunji chuckled and softened.

There's no need to say it out loud sometimes. Especially when you feel exactly the same as the other person.

 

 

-----

Hello! It's been some time, I'm terribly busy and I know my updates are getting slower and slower. Mianhae everyone. Just bear with me till the end of november when my exams end and I'll have 8 months of holiday WHOOHOO~~~

So yeah. Besides being completely laden with work, my stupid brain keeps springing new story ideas and I've collected some which I want to write about. And so yesh, Imma start one soon. (I hope)

So yeah, you guys are going to have a say to who's to be featured in my next fic (: Please take the poll!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/31381

Thanks and I love you guys alot! Just two months more!! HEHE