Together

Strangest Mating Season of the Century

Miyoung felt like something was terribly wrong but she couldn't pinpoint just what it was. It was getting late, and the cave was almost entirely dark except for the light from Miyoung's cellphone.

She got up and dusted her skirts. The cave held her interest, that's why she was there for such a long time. But on the other hand, she didn't really want to go back because she was afraid to see Chunji again.

Everytime he ignored her, it made her heart sink a little more. And now she concluded that her heart was somewhere at her abdomen. Really.

But she must go home if she must. And there was something happening right back at home, she just knew it. Werewolf instincts were just that strong.

She waved at the bat and smiled. "I must go now, Mr Bat. Thanks for showing me this cave." she turned to go, when there was a squeaking sound. The bat, which Miyoung initially thought was completely asleep while hanging upside down on the ceiling of the cave, suddenly flew and flapped it's wings in front of Miyoung.

Miyoung blinked. "Uhm. Bye Mr Bat." she waved again and tried to step to the side. The bat followed, not wanting to let Miyoung go.

Miyoung frowned. "I'm sorry, this is a nice place but I need to get home." she insisted. "Lee Chanhee is angry with me, yes, but I know him enough to know that he would be more than plain worried if he doesn't see me. I must go now okay?"

The bat didn't respond and continued blocking her path. Miyoung blew on her bangs irritatedly and rolled her eyes. What was this? A huge wolf being blocked by a mere bat?

Miyoung was just about to dodge the bat's flying height and run off, when someone else could be heard instead. A low growl and heavy panting was heard, and a shadow was cast, blocking out the mild moonlight from outside.

Eyes widening, Miyoung recognized the very wolf that came into the cave. "Lee Chanhee!" she gasped in surprise. The wolf looked at her and ran for her, changing into his human form in the process.

When he finally reached her, he pulled her into his arms and buried his face into her hair. "Oh my god. Oh my god." Chunji was panting really really heavily as if he had run the whole estate five times, and he squeezed her tightly, as if not believing she was real.

Despite being all sweaty and stinky, Miyoung didn't mind Chunji's unhygenic state and burrowed into his embrace. She missed him so much these few days.

Chunji's breath was labored for a long time, even though Miyoung thought he would have caught his breath by then. She turned to look at him and was surprised to see him sobbing into her hair. "Lee Chanhee!" she gasped, reaching to brush the tears away.

Chunji pulled her back so that she couldn't see him cry. "My God did you know how worried I was? I thought maybe they got to you before I could." he whispered. "I thought you died."

Confusion set in and Miyoung blinked at Chunji. "Who? Who would get to me?" she asked, puzzled.

Chunji finally pulled away and looked at her. "Vampires." he heaved. Miyoung's eyes widened. "Yes Vampires." Chunji nodded. "And not only that, six together." he told her. "They attacked the town tonight and killed one kid. I don't know if they managed to kill anyone else because I left to look for you."

"But how did they get in?" Miyoung asked, shock resonating throughout her features.

Chunji shook his head. "I don't know." he frowned. "But they aimed at us first, Miyoung. You, me, and our parents. They wanted to get rid of the leaders first, then slowly make their way down and rid of the entire werewolf population."

"Did they-" Miyoung gasped worriedly, paling by the second. Chunji shook his head. "No. Our parents are safe. I just got a call from Changjo before I found you."

He let out a shaky breath and looked at her again. His eyes met her and there was an unreadable emotion in them that Miyoung hadn't seen before. "You know how I afraid I was?" Chunji whispered, reaching to caress her cheeks. "You weren't in my line of sight. I didn't know where you were, if you were safe or not. Any time if those vamps saw you, you would be dead, immediately."

Chunji swallowed hard and Miyoung could see he was very very affected. "I told myself I couldn't let anything happen to you." he choked. "Especially when the last thing I told you wasn't even a word. It was a grunt when you notified me that breakfast was ready today morning."

Miyoung recalled the incident and nodded, remembering how disappointed she felt when she couldn't even get a word out of Chunji.

"I needed to tell you, I need to tell you, and I'll say it again and again." Chunji swallowed and looked into her eyes. "I love you, Park Miyoung. I thought I'd die with regret if they got to you before I got to say this. I love you, I really really do."

Tears gathering rapidly, Miyoung gazed up at him in surprise. "Lee Chanhee..."

"I know, maybe you don't really trust me yet." Chunji admitted grudgingly. "But I really do love you. You don't understand how much I feel for you, it's just different from what I felt for other girls. It's so different, it's so much deeper and it's already been imprinted on my heart. You're the only one I'll feel this for, forever." he whispered.

Miyoung felt a tear roll down her cheeks and she buried her head into his chest. "I love you too, Lee Chanhee." she murmured. "I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. It's not that I didn't trust you, but I didn't trust myself. I thought I was the only one in love and that you didn't feel anything for me. It made me insecure, it made me think about foolish nonsensical things. I'm sorry."

Chunji felt a smile curl onto his lips as he tilted her head up to look at him. "It doesn't matter. What matters is that from this moment onwards," he murmured against her lips. "You're completely mine from head to toe from heart to soul, and I'm completely yours."

Their eyes brightly burning golden, they kissed and sealed their unspoken promise. Their unspoken promise of forever.

 

 

The werewolf territory was in unsettled and frantic when the couple went back. The Vampires had left already, but there were a great deal of people who were hurt and injured, and few who unfortunately lost their lives.

The parents rushed to their children and embraced them. "Thank goodness you're alright, Miyoung." mrs Park cried and hugged her daughter. Similiar emotions ran high on the Lee side as well as Chunji embraced his mother.

"They were coming for us." Mr Park frowned. "It's good that you two are safe. Thank goodness. Thank goodness indeed."

"Where were you when they attacked, Miyoung?" Mrs Park looked at her daughter. "I heard from Teen Top that when they followed one of the Vampires into your apartment, you weren't around. And you weren't with Chunji either, where were you?"

Miyoung related her story of how she healed this one bat and it came to lead her away just before the attack. Everyone was surprised and gasped at her story. "It's that bat you healed?" Chunji scratched his head, remembering vaguely of such an incident. "It came back to save you."

Miyoung nodded. "Yes it did." she frowned. "But I wonder why it did. Is it a bat, or is it a vampire in it's bat form? If it's a vampire, why would it save me? And why me?"

Everyone grew silent as they didn't have any answers. Mr Lee let out a sigh. "Don't rack our brains on that any longer, we can think about that tomorrow." he gave in. "It's a tired night. We'll find out how those vamps managed to get into our territory tomorrow."

A murmur of agreement passed and Chunji took Miyoung's hand. He squeezed it gently and smiled, pressing a soft kiss on her forehead.

Even though it was late at night, may wolves were still up and about because of the attacks and they witnessed the loving actions between our couple. They gasped in surprise.

"Chanhee oppa.." Miyoung frowned, looking around.

Ricky raised his brows when he heard and popped his head over Chunji's shoulder. "Oppa? Since when was Chunji, oppa status already?"

Chunji smirked and pulled Miyoung to him. "Since we love each other." he declared loudly. "It should have been from that night when we confirmed as mates but this stubborn girl just didn't want to call me oppa." he pouted.

Miyoung giggled and slapped his arm. "Lee Chanhee!"

"Look there she goes again!" Chunji whined. "Without the oppa behind my name. Miyoung babyyyyy!!!!"

....

And then the werewolves had another news to cope with, other than the attacks of the vampires: CHUNJI AND MIYOUNG....IN LOVE?!