Chapter 98

Are you drunk?

 

You stared at your phone. Call Taemin. You wanted to call Jaejoong as well. You felt like you had to, but you had no idea what to tell him. ‘Taemin comes first then’. You dialed his number and held the phone against your ear.
 
“Ae!! Where are you?! Do you have any idea how worried I am?! The doctor called and said you fled the hospital!! I’m coming to get you right now!!” You held the phone an arm length away from your ear and waited until Taemin decided to stop yelling. Probably because he was out of breath.
 
“Oppa.. Please don’t yell at me.” You whispered.
 
“How can I when you just left?! I almost had a heart attack when they called me!” ‘Maybe I shouldn’t have called Taemin but someone else to give him the news..’ As if he caught on to that he started speaking in a rushed voice.
 
“Don’t you dare hang up on me! I swear I’ll.. I don’t even know anymore. I love you so much that I can’t stand the thought of losing you..” You smiled softly at his overreaction.
 
“Oppa  mianhae.. I just had to get out of there.. You know what that’s like. And don’t you love your girlfriend that much?” He coughed and stayed silent for a moment. He was surprised, you knew.
 
“I told you that? Or did someone else..-” He suddenly stopped talking and you were confused as to what was going on with him and his surroundings.
 
“Oppa? Gwenchana?” You asked, hoping he’d talk to you again.
 
“Ne.. Ae where are you? I’ll come pick you up.” You glanced down the path and noticed Jiyong talking with little Taemin who seemed to have followed the two of you.
 
“I’m at the park near Cube Entertainment.”
 
“Why would you be around there?”
 
“I was talking to Jiyong.” You heard sounds through the phone that indicated Taemin was leaving the house and a few moments later a car door slammed.
 
“I’m on my way. Don’t go anywhere.” You nodded. Somewhere you didn’t doubt he was aware of that. ‘Oppa..’ You ended the phone call and hugged your knees. You felt unhappy. You needed you twin. He was the one you needed the most. His warm presence was the only cure to the pain you suddenly felt in your chest. Jiyong and little Taemin glanced at you and you waved at them.  A few minutes later you heard the familiar sound of Taemin's car. You got up and walked back to the entrance of the park. Taemin got out, he was wearing sunglasses, and walked towards you. You smiled at him.
 
"Ahnyeong oppa." He pulled you into a hug.
 
"Why didn't you tell me first you got your memories back?" You felt warm inside and hugged him tightly. He knew.
 
"Because I happened to come across Jiyong before I could tell you." Taemin smirked as he let you go.
 
"How to punish him for that.. I'll think of it later." His smirk softened and he ruffled you hair. You knew he was glad Jiyong had been around to help you. 
 
"Hyung!" You turned and smiled at little Taemin who glanced from you to Taemin and back.
 
"Yes it's me.. How have you been?" He asked. The younger boy smiled, happy to see that Taemin was doing better.
 
"Good! But I am hungry.." He pouted and glanced at his stomach as if it was telling him that literally. You laughed softly.
 
"Then we'd better get you something to eat. I don't want Key nagging at me." 
 
"He'll die before he opens his mouth." Taemin said with a cold voice. You sighed, remembering the events from the past. 'He said he was sorry..' You gently nudged Taemin.
 
"Don't! He said he was sorry."
 
"Sorry doesn't cut it." You gave Jiyong a begging look which he caught and walked up to Taemin.
 
"You're dongsaeng who loves you more than anyone else in this world has just recovered and you're abandoning her to go punch some guy because of something that happened over a week ago?! I'll kill you if you do that to her Tae.. Even if you're my trainee buddy." Taemin flinched.
 
"Don't call me that." Jiyong smiled innocently.
 
"Don't call you what trainee buddy?" He quickly jumped back and you held Taemin back who was about to punch him. Then they both burst out in laughter. You exchanged glances with little Taemin who was staring at all this the same way you were.
 
"Sorry, even I don't know what's going through his head at all times." You muttered. He nodded and sneaked closer to you while Jiyong and Taemin seemed to be catching up on things. So much for picking you up.
 
"Noona.. I'm still hungry.. Can you treat me to lunch?" You nodded and glanced at your brother.
 
"Should we leave them behind?" Before you could sneak off Taemin swung an arm around your neck and smiled with a glint of evil in his eyes.
 
"I heard that, dongsaeng." You blinked.
 
"Heard what?" He smirked and kissed your forehead.
 
"It's not working." He lifted you off the ground, "this is to make sure you won't leave my side again. Now who's up for lunch? I'm hungry too." You complained a bit about him taking it too serious but you were happy he cared so much for you. You knew it was because he worried deeply about you. He made you sit next to him while you ordered and the waitress gasped at the sight of you.
 
"Omo.. You're Hyun Ae! And then you are..-" Taemin took off his sunglasses and smirked at her.
 
"The one and only. But please let us enjoy our meals in silence.." She nodded and smiled after noticing Jiyong and little Taemin too who waved at her with a cheerful smile. You gently nudged him under the table and muttered "too much fanservice." He shrugged and you all ordered.
 
“Eat up Ae.. You need your strength.” Taemin ordered you when your plate arrived. You smiled softly at him and nodded.
 
“I will. You too oppa.” He smiled and ruffled your hair.
 
“You two are really close..” You looked up and noticed a girl with sunglasses staring at you.
 
“Jessica?” Jiyong whispered under his breath. The girl smiled.
 
“Am I that obvious? How have you been Ae? We weren’t able to visit because someone didn’t want us to.” She glared at Taemin who made a face.
 
“I told you that she had memory loss. She wouldn’t remember befriending any of you.” You could tell he was trying to keep his voice down. Jessica smiled at you.
 
“Well you’re out of the hospital now, so I guess you remember?” You smiled.
 
“Ne unnie.” She laughed softly and Taemin raised an eyebrow.
 
“What do you mean out of the hospital? You sneaked out and made me really worried Ae.” He said with a stern voice that he never used. You groaned.
 
“But I wouldn’t have gotten my memory back staying locked inside a boring room..” You pouted and suddenly thought of something, “you’re not sending me back are you?” Before Taemin could answer Jessica had taken the seat next to you and hugged you.
 
“No way! He’s not doing that to you!” Taemin glared at her.
 
“You’re taking advantage of the situation...-”
 
“No you are taking advantage of the situation.” Jessica interrupted him. 
 
“I am not sending my precious sister back to a hospital filled with insufficient nurses and doctors with idols coming over preying on her all the time.” Taemin hissed in a low voice, “she’s my sister and she’ll stay with me until I die.” Jessica raised an eyebrow.
 
“What about IU? You know, your girlfriend. Doesn’t she want some time with you alone?” You smiled softly.
 
“Jessica unnie, he doesn’t really mean it like that. He’s just very upset because of what happened.” Jessica nodded and let you go only to take your hands.
 
“You have to come visit us and tell us everything. We were worried too,” she glanced at Taemin who shrugged and ate calmly, “and we can help you with the Key-thing. I mean, we’ve seen this kind of situations and we’ll help you.” You smiled at her and your eyes sparkled.
 
“Really?” She smiled and nodded.
 
“Don’t talk bad about hyung please.” Little Taemin whined from across the table. You nodded.
 
“Mianhae Taemin-ah.. I respect Key as a friend..-”
 
“I don’t.”
 
“Oppa! Don’t interrupt me! I do respect him but I don’t want to be in this kind of situation. It makes me feel really bad about myself and I don’t think I’ll be able to keep it up.” Little Taemin nodded.
 
“Mianhae noona.. I wasn’t taking your feelings into consideration.”
 
“Aww.. Why don’t you guys come by too? We need Key to help us solve this anyway.” Jessica proposed. Little Taemin nodded immediately but oppa raised his hand.
 
“I have a problem with that. I don’t want Key in the same room as my sister.” You pouted. Jessica glared at Taemin.
 
“Well you’re not invited so don’t bother.” She told him. He groaned.
 
“Then who keeps an eye on my sister? I can’t let anyone..-”
 
“Oppa.. Calm down, you can trust me.” He glanced at you with a sad look in his eyes.
 
“I know.. But it hurt so much when you were hospitalised.. I never thought I could feel so miserable. I don’t want you to be hurt ever again. It’s so cruel.. My sweet sister who never hurt anyone.” You smiled at him.
 
“Oppa, saranghae.. But I’ll survive. Plus, I really want to solve this before signing anywhere.” Taemin smirked and leaned closer.
 
“You’re thinking of signing a contract?” You nodded.
 
“Yes.. But keep that a secret would you?” He winked and sat back.
 
“Alright. Jiyong, I’m afraid she already told you about that?” Jiyong smirked and nodded proudly.
 
“She loves me more.”
 
“Yah!” Taemin got up and chased after Jiyong who quickly ran off. You smiled at them.
 
“Unnie, I’d really like you help. I want to get things back to the way they used to be.” You told Jessica. She squeezed your shoulder and smiled.
 
“We’ll help. Also, you should call Jaejoong. He misses you.” You nodded. You knew you had to but you felt a little uneasy. ‘He’ll still be Jaejoong.. I know that.. But I’m just afraid..’ Jessica held her phone in front of you.
 
“It’s time. Call him.” You raised your hands.
 
“I have my own phone.” She laughed and dialed a number before shoving the phone into your hands. You blushed but then held it next to your ear, waiting for the sweetest voice in the world that you had longed to hear to answer. It rung once. Twice.
 
“Yoboseyo?” Your heart stopped at his voice. It was as angelic as you remembered it.
 
“Yoboseyo.. Jaejoong oppa.”
 
 
Author's note: This is my last update for a week, Friday I'll start writing again. This due to tests and other school work.