Chapter 97

Are you drunk?

 

 

“Noona, gwenchana?” You nodded while sitting down.

 

“Just tired. Nothing to worry about.” Little Taemin smiled innocently and stopped the music.

 

“I was upset when I heard you were leaving. But everyone was very strict about it.” He pouted and puffd his cheeks, “but it seems hyung is going to be mad with me if I protest. Noona, will you still but clothes with me though?” You blinked and turned your face so you could observe him better.

 

“Did I say I would do that?” He nodded.

 

“You did. And I have hyungs to testify for that. Though I doubt they’ll help me. Life is too cruel. Noona, when can you go out of the hospital?” You sighed and glanced at the card stating your condition on your right.

 

“Mollayo. I’m not injured or anything.. I just don’t remember anything.” He came closer and studied your face.

 

“Jinja? So, you really wouldn’t know if I told the truth or not?” You chuckled.

 

“I think I could guess when you were lying.” He smiled.

 

“But then there’s no point in lying. I don’t get why nobody tells you things though. I mean, do you know that your brother is dating? Because you helped him on that. Let’s get out of this room anyway, aren’t you getting sick of it?” You nodded. You didn’t like it here, but that was mostly because you felt lonely. As if something was missing from your life.

 

“Taemin-ah, do you think you could sneak some clean clothes in here so I could try and leave the hospital for a bit?” You asked, feeling the urge to run outside where the sun was setting. Even if it was cold outside, you disliked the sympathetic looks everyone gave you and the strict glances of the nurses. He nodded and smiled mischievously. You knew you had judged him well, he was more than a sweetlooking kid.

 

“What are you going to do when you get out of the hospital noona?” He asked after making a random spin. You guessed he was slightly bored with his life.

 

“Sign somewhere.” You thought out loud, “I don’t know where..” Little Taemin smiled and made a face.

 

“As long as it’s not SM Entertainment! Hyung would kill me!” You chuckled and nodded.

 

“I’m going to sleep now Taemin-ah.. I’m happy you came to visit me, but I’m tired now.” You yawned. Little Taemin nodded.

 

“I’ll try to sneak in some clothes for you noona! I’ll see you tomorrow.” You smiled and walked back to your appointed room. Little Taemin took his bag and left. Rather quickly your eyes closed and you fell asleep.

 

 

“Ae, are you awake?” You blinked and opened your eyes. You smiled and sat up quickly, a little too quickly because your head hurt.

 

“Eunhyuk oppa!” He smiled but stopped you when you tried to hug him.

 

“Mianhae Ae.. There’s something I’ve been dishonest about..” You felt slightly sick and swallowed. You could guess what he was going to say.

 

“Oppa.. I don’t think I want to hear it.” He sighed and took your hand.

 

“I’m really sorry.. I’ve been too selfish because I love you.” He bit his lip and then faced you, “we are no longer together.. Or at least, we broke up. A long time ago.. I’m so sorry..” You tried to blink the tears away but it didn’t work. That couldn’t be true! It just couldn’t be! Then you noticed Eunhyuk was crying too

 

“I’m sorry Ae.. I really love you, but not enough to keep you trapped in this lie.. I’m sorry I’ve been selfish.” He kissed your forehead and got up, “I’ll always be there if you need me. One ring and I’ll be over before you can say ‘butterfly’. I’m really sorry Ae.” You nodded. You couldn’t speak. Even though there was a part of you that felt relieved and reassured because you hadn’t been together, part of you felt really hurt. As if he broke up with you that moment.

 

“Mianhae oppa..” You muttered. Eunhyuk smiled.

 

“Don’t apologize.. The only bad thing about you is that you’re too sweet, cute and adorable.. You’re too perfect, it made me selfish. I’ll probably never stop loving you but until you get sick of me, and after that, I’ll always be your monkey.” You smiled sadly.

 

“Goodbye oppa.” He smiled and touched your face shortly before leaving. You fell back in the bed and thought for a while. ‘Oppa and I broke up.. I don’t get it..’ It started to sink in and you drank a glass of water, trying to make order of the chaos that had erupted in your mind. Slowly you started feeling better. After some time, you guessed it about around ten, little Taemin skipped into the room with a bag. You wiped your face clean and greeted him.

 

“Morning Taemin-ah.” You mumbled while sitting up. Little Taemin smiled at you and held out the bag.

 

“Key hyung gave them to me. I’ll help you sneak out today.” You smiled.

 

“I’m glad. I want to visit Cube Entertainment, is that okay?” The boy nodded quickly.

 

“Sure it is! I’ll wait outside for a bit.” He skipped out of the room and you quickly changed. You were determind to do something today. You figured that if you continued life instead of staying inside the hospital you’d be more likely to remember the past events. You pulled the hoodie over your head and followed little Taemin outside. You waved at the doctor who recognized you and quickly jumped into the car that was waiting outside. You saw the doctor’s face grow pale when he noticed what was going on but the car left before he could do anything. You smiled to yourself and felt happy finally rebelling against the rules everyone wanted you to follow. You were confused, but determind to get to the truth today.

 

“Noona, it’s so much fun!” Little Taemin sang from the front of the car. You nodded.

 

“It’s really nice! I like escaping the hospital!” He laughed. Soon you arrived at Cube Entertainment. Little Taemin waited outside because he didn’t want to go in but promised he’s still have the driver drive you to the hospital later on. You smiled, waved at him and walked into the hospital. ‘I probably look like a mess..’

 

“Hyunnie! What brings you here?” You turned your head and your eyes widened. In lightening speed memories returned to your head and you sank through your knees, holding your head. ‘It hurts..’

 

“Hyunnie? Are you okay?” You nodded.

 

“Gwenchanayo.. Hyunseung, is the offer still valid?” Hyunseung blinked and a smile formed on his face. He pulled you up and hugged you a little too tight for your liking.

 

“Hyunnie! You got your memories back! I’m so happy! Of course the offer’s still valid! Are you joining us?” You smiled and coughed. He quickly let go.

 

“You still talk too much.. I was planning on it.” Hyunseung smiled and pulled you with him towards some office. You just let him drag you though you weren’t sure if it was good for your head. The last few memories in your head were vague and you couldn’t focus them. ‘Jaejoong..’ Your feet stopped when you remembered him. ‘Jaejoong.. Hit me.’ You knees trembled at that thought. Hyunseung noticed and glanced at you.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked for the second time that day. You nodded slowly.

 

“Ne.. Just a little shaken.”

 

“Sit down. You’re not signing anything like this. Not even a photograph for a five year old fan girl.” You smiled vaguely at that and sat down. ‘Jaejoong.. There’s nothing besides him on my mind.’ You held your head and thought. You recalled the feelings you had for him. But you were also afraid.

 

“Hyunseung, Taemin is going to kill you when he finds out you kidnapped his sister.” You looked up and noticed five guys you vaguely recognized as members from BEAST. Hyunseung smiled at them. His smile made you remember a friend that had supported you through all the horrors of the past weeks. You felt grateful and decided you should tell him that your memory had returned to you.

 

“I didn’t kidnap her. She came here on her own accord.. Hyunnie got her memory back. Hyunnie, I don’t think you should do anything before your mind had made order again arasso?” You nodded and got up.

 

“I guess I should leave then.. There’s someone that I want to thank. Thank you for your time.” Hyunseung smiled.

 

“Who is it? I’m so curious! You’re not signing at some other company, right?” You chuckled.

 

“No.. I’m not telling you who it is, serves you right!” You stuck out your tongue and left the six of them. You didn’t know whether they would come after you or not. You just wanted to talk to Jiyong. He would know what to do, you were sure of that. You took your phone out of your pocket and dialed his number.

 

“Yoboseyo? You know it’s rather early for you to call right now..”You bit your lip.

 

“Mianhae Jiyong..”

 

“I’m just kidding! You can always call me, doesn’t matter if it’s three in the morning or three in the afternoon! How are you? Nothing’s wrong, right?”You smiled.

 

“I’m good.. I think. I got my memories back.. I never called you oppa, meanie!” He chuckled.

 

“Mianhae.. I wanted to hear you say it.. But that’s great! Where are you now? We should celebrate!”You laughed and nodded even though he couldn’t see that.

 

“Ne, we should. I still have to tell oppa though.” You knew Jiyong became more serious with that.

 

“Then, you also remember Jaejoong, right?”You nodded.

 

“I’m confused.. Is it okay for me to talk to you about that?” You asked nervously. You didn’t want to make him feel uncomfortable. He had been really nice, especially when you didn’t remember him at all.

 

“Sure it is.. But talking on the phone isn’t really comfortable. Look to your left.”You turned your head and noticed Jiyong on the outside of the glass door. He smiled and waved at you. Your jaw dropped. You ended the phone call and ran outside.

 

“How did you find me?” You asked after hugging him tightly. He smiled.

 

“My heart brought me here.. I was walking through the city and noticed your little oppa over there.” You smiled and stepped back.

 

“I’m glad.” He took you hand and started walking away after waving at little Taemin and shouting a “we’ll be back”. Little Taemin didn’t seem too pleased but let it pass since you were smiling happily. You wandered into a park and sat down on a bench.

 

“Now talk.” You smiled sadly and started. During your story Jiyong nodded occasionally and pulled you close when you neared the end. It became harder for you to talk.

 

“So you like him, but he also scares you.. I can get into that seeing as he hospitalized you..” You nodded and stared in front of you.

 

“What should I do?”

 

“I can’t tell you that.. I guess you should talk to him.. I feel like an idiot now, you know?” You blinked and looked up at him.

 

“Why? You’re a very smart person.” He laughed and hit your nose playfully.

 

“Not like that dongsaeng..” He traced down you nose and missed your lips on purpose before letting his hands drop. You shook him lightly.

 

“You’re not going to hide more things from me, are you?” You pouted. He chuckled.

 

“It’s not something you want to know dongsaeng.. You should call Taemin now, he’d be really mad at me if he wasn’t at least among the first to know you got your memory back and the guys at Cube Entertainment are tattle tales!” You giggled and hit his head.

 

“Too bad! I’m not going to call him before you tell me!” He chuckled and smiled in a more mature fashion. You tilted your head, awaiting his answer.

 

“It’s just a boy’s insecurity.. Don’t you worry about it.” You pouted and crossed your arms.

 

“If you’re going to be that way I’m going to call oppa and tell him you saw me change.” Jiyong jerked back and held up his hands in defense.

 

“Alright, alright! No need for such scary measures.. I don’t want to die yet..” He glanced at you, “well there goes.. I just wondered, if you weren’t with Jaejoong, would you possibly like a guy like.. No, would you possibly like me as more than a friend?” You blushed slightly at that.

 

“So yeah.. It was really embarrassing! Why did you make me say it?” He whined, “don’t answer.. I don’t really.. I shouldn’t think about it since you’re.. Dating hyung and also my trainee buddy’s dongsaeng.” You nodded vaguely while thinking about it.

 

“Jiyong, mianhae.. It’s really awkward because of me.. If it wasn’t for Jaejoong.. Mollayo.. Jiyong is a person I treasure dearly.. So maybe I would..-” He shushed you quickly and made a face.

 

“I told you not to answer.. Now I feel more embarrassed.. Anyway, you’re going to call Taemin now! Just forget I said that.. I’ll just wait over there while you call Taemin arasso?” You nodded and glanced at your phone. ‘If it wasn’t for Jaejoong.. But I can’t even imagine it.. Life without Jaejoong.. I don’t think I ever want to witness it.. Even if I’m scared, I still.. I think.. I’m in love with him.’