Chapter 26

Are you drunk?

 

 

“Ne, where are we going?” You asked, trying to ignore Yoochun on one side, and Junsu on the other side, they were making funny faces at each other, and you didn’t want to embarrass yourself by laughing at them.

“Home, where else?” Taemin answered, he sounded very relaxed and content with that.

“But.. My things..” You said, remembering that the others had no idea that you had been there for two months, except for Yunho and Changmin.

“Don’t you have a bag there, you were supposed to visit him after all?” Junsu said, he had stopped making funny faces because he got bored and couldn’t think of new ones.

“Right.. It’s kind of vague.. I forgot.”

“Did it hurt?” You heard a rough voice, which scared you a bit. Was he in the car? How did that happen? But you were still a bit happy to hear it. Even though he was mad with you..

“Yah, hyung! Don’t ask stupid questions!” Yoochun yelled, and no reply was heard, you figured he had shrugged.

“I don’t mind.. As for that question.. I don’t remember most, but it did hurt..”

“Good.” Five angry yells were heard, and you felt sad.

“Yah hyung! Don’t be so cruel! Why are you so sadistic!”

“Shut up! I didn’t mean it like that.. I mean, if it hurt, your nerves are still intact, right?” You nodded in silence, and everyone just stared at some point, no one really felt like saying something.

“So, must be tough, breaking, what was it, four ribs, or five?” Yunho said, trying to make things less awkward.

“Four.” Taemin said rather coldly. The attempt had failed, things were still awkward. You moved your feet around on the car floor.

“So what do you do now? University?” Yunho bravely tried again, you smiled at him.

“Actually, we finished that last year..” You told him, and he blinked.

“Bwoh(what)?!” You heard from multiple sides.

“That’s impossible! You’d have to start university at..” Changmin started, but Taemin interrupted him.

“We started university at age sixteen, deal with it.” He said suddenly.

“Sixteen? Really?” Jaejoong said, sounding rather unimpressed, “how did you do that Taemin? You always seem like a pabo to me.” You felt a bit insulted, because he probably meant you as well with that, and you had been him for a short while.

“Ae is very smart, also, we are early students, and we skipped a grade.”

“Yeah I figured she was smart.. But what about you?” You controlled yourself and said nothing. Jaejoong was really confusing, why would he think that, he didn’t even know you?

“Yah, I’m just as smart as she is.. Just not as..”

“Motivated.” You said, and you knew he probably send you a smile, and you continued, “the only thing he wanted was to finish school as fast as possible, he doesn’t even remember most of his time in school.” Taemin chuckled.

“As if you liked that place.”

“At least I tried.”

“At least I had friends.” The guys all turned to you, and you knew they tought the situation was tense. But this wasn’t something you and Taemin fought over, you never really thought over things. You smirked, and they all gave you weird looks.

“That was totally your fault.. You threatened everyone who came near me.” You said, and he laughed.

“Only the guys at first.. But then you had problems with those girls..-”

“Don’t play dumb! They were jealous because you gave me more attention.. And also that you never called them back.” The guys just stared at you.

“Taemin was also really popular in high school, even though he was younger, all the girls thought he was cute, and the guys admired his achievements in sports. So he decided to keep me locked away from everyone else and I lived locked in a closet.” You said jokingly.

“Bwoh?! Taemin what the..-”

“I didn’t! I swear, I let you have friends..”

“Name one.”

“I don’t know their names..”

“Because I never had friends! Except for Yui..” You leaned back and stopped talking while oppa explained. Yui had been Taemin’s only girlfriend that had been nice to you, and she was really kindhearted. But afther four months, she had to move to Japan, and since she didn’t want to bother Taemin, they had broken up. You sighed and the car stopped, but nobody moved.

“Shouldn’t we be getting out?” You asked, facing Yoochun, which had been a really bad idea.

“But I’m comfortable here..” He said, giving you a wink. Then he suddenly hugged you and you heard Taemin yell something you couldn’t even understand. You heard a door being pulled open and Yoochun was tugged out of the car.

“Don’t touch my dongsaeng!” Taemin yelled, and you jumped out of the car and grabbed his arms.

“Oppa! Ha ji ma.. Would you please not hurt my friends..” You said, looking him straight in the eye. He looked mad, worried, and also a bit sad.

“But he..-”

“Didn’t harm me. I promise if someone does hurt me, you can jump into action, but please don’t scare them off like you do with everyone?” This was one thing that was less pleasant about oppa. He was overprotective of you, because he felt, as a kid, that there was no one that really cared enough for you. Of course your parents did love you, but when your grandparents died when you were four, of course they were sad too. Thus Taemin took the role of protecting you. (for random information, my grandparents died when I was four years old, and I know that me and my siblings get along really well, because we didn’t always have our parents there for us, my point being it works like this.)

“Mianhae.. But if..-” You sushed him, and nodded. Then you turned to Yoochun, who was standing next to you, observing this like a tiger had escaped from the zoo.

“Mianhae, please forgive oppa and me.” You said while bowing for him. He just laughed.

“It’s okay.. Your oppa isn’t that scary..” He moved a bit closer to you, “but mianhae, if I made you uncomfortable.. I was trying to tick off Taemin actually.” He whispered, and you chuckled.

“I think it worked.” You whispered back and Taemin raised an eyebrow. You stuck out your tongue and you walked towards the house. When Taemin opened the door, you let the others go in first. You tapped Taemin on his shoulder and he faced you.

“Taemin, are you okay?” He nodded and pulled you close.

“As long as you pick me over them.” You laughed and followed him into the house. There the guys had found a new game they wanted to play, and you sat on a chair to watch them.

“Aren’t you going to play with us?” Junsu asked, before you could answer, Jaejoong answered him.

“Pabo, she’s a girl, girls don’t like videogames.” Junsu looked at you sadly and you smiled.

“Actually, I like them..” You said shyly, brushing your hair over your shoulder, Junsu’s eyes widened.

“That’s great! What kind of game do you like Ae?” You blushed a bit at that. Only oppa ever called you that, he had started calling you since he found out that Ai in Japanese meant love.

“Are you okay? You’re red.. Does that mean you like me?”

“Yah!” Yunho whacked his head again with a newspaper, and Jaejoong smirked.

“Didn’t you pay any attention in Japanese class?” He asked, smirked at Junsu who was rubbing his head.

“I did! But Ae isn’t.. Wait..” He glanced at Taemin, who shrugged and went back to gaming.

“It’s why he calls me Ae.. It isn’t a big deal..” You said, “but only he calls me that..” Junsu looked down, trying to spot something more interesting than him being embarrassed.

“Then I should give you a nickname too!” He suddenly said. You laughed softly and brushed it off.

“Why not, friends have nicknames for each other?” Yunho said, but you ignored it, and walked off to the kitchen. ‘They really are weird.’

“So, are you going to play with us or not, eolin-i(child)?” You heard a hoarse voice behind you.

 

Author's note: I put in some new words, the meaning will be behind the word should I do this again.