Chapter 70

Are you drunk?

 

 
After casually avoiding that subject you chatted with her for a while longer while she kept replaying your little drama with SHINee because she thought it was funny when you suddenly noticed it was already past twelve.
 
“Omo! Yui, it’s already this late! I’m going to bed soon! Sleep well chingu!” You yelped while running to your bedroom. She laughed.
 
“Good night chingu.. Remember to ask if I can come shopping with you! After all only a girl knows what’s truly guy-ish!” You laughed at that, but felt really warm on the inside. She was so sweet and caring that you couldn’t believe she was an actual person. But her funny personality made up for that. You yawned as you changed and crawled into bed. Just as you were about to sink into a peaceful sleep your phone buzzed. Someone was calling. In the middle of the night.
 
“Yoboseyo?” You mumbled, wondering who would call this late. What could possibly be so important.
 
“Yah! Why didn’t you call me! Isn’t your best friend important anymore?!” Changmin? Right. You had forgotten about that.
 
“Mianhae.. I didn’t mean to.. I was on the phone with Yui..”
 
“I noticed, I tried to call you at least four times but I couldn’t get through.. I was really worried you know?” You felt more guilty as you heard the anger in his voice was replaced by worry.
 
“Mianhae Changmin.. Things were coming at me a little too fast.” You said, thinking about everything that had happened recently, “ah! Oppa and IU are really dating by the way!” You heard him chuckle.
 
“That’s great.. For them. For you I think it will mostly be annoying. But I guess they won’t be seeing each other as often because of the tour.. Will you sleep over here if I promise to cover all our doors with pillows and matrasses?” You laughed softly.
 
“Aniyoh, that’s okay.. I’m not really sure what to do.. Yui invited me to come to her place.. But it might be really far from work so..-”
 
“Don’t pick her over me.. I feel neglected! Don’t you love me too?” He sounded really upset. You bit your lip. You didn’t want to refuse Yui either, but Changmin sounded so hurt.
 
“I guess someone has to take care of the house while Taemin’s gone.. I’ll just stay here.” You muttered.
 
“That doesn’t answer my question.. Don’t you love me Ae?” You blushed, he probably didn’t mean for it to sound like that.
 
“Of course I do.. You’re my best friend.” You said, hoping he wouldn’t catch the uneasyness.
 
“Kamsahamnida.. Ah, I just noticed how awkward that sounded! Mianhae Ae..” He had caught it. Of course. He always got you somehow, you felt happy he was your friend. Subconciously you yawned.
 
“Gwenchana, but I’m going to sleep now. I’m tired.. Good night!” He laughed.
 
“Sure, good night to you too.” You ended the call and drifted into a relaxing sleep.
 
The next morning you shook up. You glanced at the clock and noticed you had overslept by fifteen minutes. You gasped as you ran to the bathroom with your clothes and managed to wash yourself up just in time to brush you teeth and eat breakfast. You knocked on Taemin’s door but didn’t get an answer. You pushed the door open and found him sound asleep on the bed with his phone next to him. He’d been texting IU, you were sure! You shook him a few times.
 
“Yah.. What’s the rush..” He said still half asleep. You sighed.
 
“Oppa, you’re late. I’m going to work now! You should get ready too!” He nodded and mumbled something before turning around in the bed. You gave up and decided you shouldn’t be late at work. You took your keys and walked out of the house, planning to take the bus.
 
“Ahnyeonghaseyo.” You looked across the street and saw Yoochun waving at you.
 
“Ahnyeonghaseyo, aren’t you supposed to be working already?” You asked. He shook his head.
 
“We had an interview late last night.. Well me and Junsu anyway.. So we had the first hour off. What about you? Don’t you usually start about this early?” You laughed softly.
 
“I overslept a little I guess.. I’m going to run and try to catch the bus now.” He laughed.
 
“Want me to drive you? Because I think you missed it, since it’s 7.26 now. It passes at 7.25.” You gulped.
 
“Aish, I can’t be late..” You panicked half. He laughed.
 
“That’s why I asked if I should drive you there.. Could you cross the street? My throat’s getting sore from the yelling and I’m going to need it today!” You laughed and skipped across the street. He looked you up and down.
 
“What’s with the get up anyway? Are you Taemin again? Because it doesn’t really look like him..” You smiled and shook your head.
 
“No.. But since I’m working for SHINee and  I want to live I’m disguising myself as a guy.” You said and held out your hand, “Hyun Jong imnida.” He smirked.
 
“It’s not that convincing.. But that’s probably because I know it’s you..” He took your hand and you walked towards a relatively large car in comparison to the other cars.
 
“It’s really big.. How can you afford this?” You asked, observing it closely. The car was blue and it shone like it had been washed that same morning. Yoochun laughed.
 
“It’s a choice really. Junsu spends most of his time playing videogames or soccer, so that’s what he spends money on. I like my car so that’s what I spend money on.” You laughed, it sounded ridiculous. Nontheless you got in the car and he drove off in a relaxed manner. You felt slightly awkward because he wasn’t speaking, but he was smiling calmly.
 
“Jaejoong seems to like you.” He said while taking a turn. His driving was somehow like Jaejoong’s. He could talk and drive but wouldn’t look away from the road. You didn’t answer him.
 
“Do you like him?” You blushed. You weren’t sure what to say. Jaejoong was warm and gentle, but he acted so strange at times. You couldn’t say anything. Another turn.
 
“It’s okay, you don’t have to tell me.. I am not the same as Eunhyuk. I want you to be happy, doesn’t matter what it takes.” You smiled sadly.
 
“Why would you say something like that?” You asked. You caused him so much pain, and yet he still cared so deeply. How could he manage that?
 
“It’s the truth.. I love you, so I can let you go if it’s for your happiness.” You blushed. Love was a really strong word. You had the feeling you barely knew him. Wasn’t love too big of a word?
 
“I know that it sounds really creepy and all.. It’s just the little things I notice about you that make me happy and fuzzy inside.. You always offer us tea when we visit, you’re so shy but you can become so fierce if Taemin forbids something. You are so much for him. It’s lovely.” You shook your head in denial. This was all too weird. How had he noticed these things about you? Maybe he really did love you.. It couldn’t be.
 
“We’re here.. Or actually, you’re here. I have to drive a little further. Do you have your phone with you?” You nodded, still too embarrassed to answer.
 
“Good, text me when you’re done. I’ll come pick you up since I brought you here.” He opened the door for you. You bowed to him and entered SHINee’s dorm.
 
“Ae!!!” You fell backwards and hit your back against the door when you were practically tackled by Key.
 
“Aish.. Key what’s with you?” You asked, rubbing your neck and trying to get up. He smiled.
 
“It’s make over day!” He said happily. You blinked and tried to escape.
 
“Bwoh?!” He smirked evilly, not the least bit impressed by your pathetic attempts to escape from his grasp. He took out a comb and you had never seen a comb look so threathning.
 
“Wae? What did I do to deserve this?” You pouted.
 
“You didn’t call nor text any of us to say you got home safely. It’s punishment!” You groaned and tried to push him away.
 
“Taemin-ah! Please come help me!” You called out.
 
“He’s out for the day.. Minho took him to the gym.” Key said, the evil was now practically leaking off his face. You narrowed your eyes.
 
“If he’s gone what am I supposed to do all day?!” You complained.
 
“You are my doll for the rest of the day since I don’t have to go to the gym.” He said cheerfully while combing your hair. You coughed.
 
“If I promise not to run away, can we do this someplace else? My back is hurting.” You said while rubbing your lower back. It was hurting, there was something pointy behind you poking in your back. Key shrugged and took something shiny and metallic from his pocket. You nearly jumped even though you were still trapped.
 
“What the.. Handcuffs?!” He smirked.
 
“It’s that or we’re staying here.” He said. You sighed and let him handcuff you. He gladly pulled you along into the living room and you started wishing you were still in the hall with your back pushed against something pointy. The table was covered with make up, brushes of all kinds, spraydye, hairdye and other things you weren’t even sure of.
 
“Do you really have nothing better to do?” You asked slightly cranky while being pushed on the couch, “and don’t you dare handcuff me to the couch!”
 
Author's note: Chapter 70!! :) I'm a happy author!