Chapter 81

Are you drunk?

 

 
“What are you going to take with you? This one’s cute.” You rubbed your neck slightly embarrassed with having Jaejoong go through your closet. He was holding up a girly pink t-shirt.
 
“It’s not like I’m staying over for a week.. I don’t need that many clothes.. I can go back tomorrow..” He put a finger on your lips.
 
“Please? It’s the first time you didn’t have to be kidnapped to stay over at our place.. And Taemin won’t show up in the middle of the night to kill us. If you want you can ask Yui to sleep over too but I’m not sure if you really want that.. Changmin and her don’t seem to get along.” You nodded slightly as you tossed the pink shirt on the bed. 
 
“What do you even do during a sleep over?” You asked, sitting down on the bed in a mixture of confusion, sadness and exhaustion. You had been running around all day, you were really tired and not sure if you were up to a standard sleep over night like you had seen in movies. Jaejoong sat down next to you and pulled you into a hug.
 
“It’s going to be okay.. It’s not like any girls night you ever saw in a movie. We’re probably just going to watch a movie and talk about the actors.. Then maybe play a game.” You smiled.
 
“That sounds okay.. You’re not going to drink are you?” He shook his head.
 
“Why would I? I have you.. I don’t need anything else..” He pecked your forehead softly and smiled at you.
 
“On Sunday, will you help me pick something guyish?” Jaejoong frowned slightly while rocking you gently in his arms.
 
“I wish you didn’t have to do that.. Of course I’ll help you.. You’re my cute sweet girlfriend..” He softly kissed you, “but after that you have to go out with me.. I want to spend more time with you. I’m kind of jealous of the kids.. You’re around them all day.” The doorbell rung.
 
“That’s probably Changmin.. We’ve been in here for quite some time.” Jaejoong smiled.
 
“That’s okay too.. Let’s just stay here together.” You chuckled.
 
“Weren’t you the one who wanted me to sleep over?” He nodded.
 
“Yes, but I’m just as glad to just being around you. And if that means I get to monopolise your time that’s just perfect for me.. I see them everyday.. They can wait.” You worked your way out of his arms.
 
“Well it doesn’t sound like he’s going away. I’m just going to answer it.” Jaejoong pouted.
 
“At least pack your things first. I’ll answer it.” You nodded and he smiled softly at you before leaving. You felt your heart beat faster and quickly put the t-shirt, pants and some clean underwear in the bag. Toothbrush! You made your way to the bathroom when you noticed Jaejoong talking to someone.
 
“I guess I should put that on the shirt as well.. Thanks for the idea.” You smiled softly and entered the bathroom. You wondered what there had been to add but you knew you were bound to find out.
 
“Ready for your first sleepover that doesn’t involve kidnapping?” Changmin asked with a smile that showed that he was really the maknae of the group. You nodded.
 
“I suppose. Did oppa call you?” You asked. Changmin laughed, probably at the memories of the last time you slept over and he called Jaejoong.
 
“He didn’t contact me. But he’ll be fine. Jiyong will call you as soon as anything happens. Or before that because he wants to show off that he can differentiate between the two of you. But he’ll never be better than I am for I am your best friend!” He then got hit against the back of his head.
 
“Second best friend. I knew her way before you did!” 
 
“Yui!” You smiled and hugged her, “aren’t you supposed to be on a date?” She smiled back.
 
“And miss the sleepover? Yunho’s at the sleepover as well, we can still date there..” Changmin covered his ears and growled at her. You laughed and felt a hand on your shoulder. Jaejoong.
 
“While you fight about that, we are going back.” You smiled softly as Changmin and Yui immediately cut out their bickering.
 
“I wish you two could get along.” You mumbled.
 
“They do get along.. They’re just that kind of friends. They wouldn’t bother fighting each other if they didn’t care.” Jaejoong spoke softly while taking your bag from your hands, “I’ll take care of that for you.” You smiled.
 
“Kamsahamnida.”
 
“Kamsahamnida who?”
 
“Kamsahamnida oppa.” You felt an arm slip around you and pull you into an embrace.
 
“You’re welcome Ae.” You felt goosebumps over your back when he spoke and your heart jumped in joy. 
 
“Yah can you stop flirting in public? Taemin won’t forgive you if this makes her less innocent.” Changmin complained behind you. You coughed. Did he think you were really innocent? Admitted, you were shy around guys and you blushed really easily, but you had pranked people before with Taemin. That counted, right?
 
“Nothing can make her less innocent because she is the personification of innocence and kindness.” Yui blurted out, apparently she had set herself to disagree with anything Changmin said.
 
“Those are my words, Yui, you should be daydreaming about Yunho.” Jaejoong started.
 
“You should!” Changmin interupted and Yui stook out her tongue at him.
 
“Nonetheless, you are right. So help me keep Yoochun as far away from her as possible.” You gave him a weird look.
 
“Wae? What did he do this time?” Jaejoong chuckled.
 
“You sound like Taemin. Only cute, sweet and lovable.” He said.
 
“Those words all mean the same!” Changmin yelled at Jaejoong who ignored him. Yui, however, hit him against the back of his head.
 
“They all apply to her!” 
 
“I never said they didn’t!” Jaejoong pulled you with him.
 
“I’m locking the two of you outside until you behave. Ae doesn’t want to see you fight.” He said calmly while closing the door in front of them. You looked up at him and felt your heart skip a beat when you noticed how close he was. His warm eyes seemed to speak so much in complete silence. You wished time would freeze for you so you could stay like this longer.
 
“Come, let’s go inside, it’s too cold here.” He smiled, “ah.. We didn’t talk about it yet, where are you going to sleep?” You pointed at the couch. Jaejoong laughed and shook his head.
 
“Aniyoh. Taemin would kill us, and it’s not good for your back. You’re staying in my room. I’ll put a matrass on the floor.” You nodded.
 
“I  guess a matrass is fine.” 
 
“The matrass is for me Ae.” You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh! You have to take good care of yourself. You are very important to a lot of people. A lot of people would be unhappy if anything happened to you. And that includes me too.” He cupped your chin and stared into your eyes.
 
“But what good is my health if I become unhappy? They will understand..”
 
“Can’t you just share the bed? You’re failing at the lover’s quarrel..” Junsu commented from the living room. Jaejoong picked up a slipper from the ground and tossed it at Junsu’s head.
 
“You should wear slippers inside. Otherwise your feet will get cold.” He said, keeping his face perfectly under control. You smiled softly.
 
“Ae, he’s bullying me! Your boyfriend is bullying me! Do something about it!” Junsu complained. Your boyfriend. Jaejoong was your boyfriend. You smiled wider.
 
“Aigoo.. You’re so sweet..” Jaejoong said, smiling at you.
 
“Maybe we should let Yui and Changmin in.. It’s cold outside.” You said. Junsu chuckled.
 
“You really locked them out of the house? You’d better let them in before Yunho finds out.” Jaejoong shrugged.
 
“I’ll let them in because Ae asked me to. But before that, kiss me?” You blushed and softly pecked his cheek. He ruffled your hair.
 
“Good enough for me.. Junsu will you open the door? I’d do it myself but I’m taking Ae’s things to my room.” Junsu pouted but obeyed him. A few moments later Changmin and Yui entered the room. Yui was shivering and Changmin’s teeth were chattering. You quickly bowed to them.
 
“Mianhae.. Should I make you some tea?” Both shook their heads and glared at Jaejoong who just came out of his room.
 
“T-that’s what h-h-he should be d-doing!” Changmin said, rubbing his arms in a desperate attempt to get warm. You opened your arms and hugged him and Yui.
 
“Mianhae..” You whispered.
 
“It’s not your fault Ae.. Don’t feel bad.” Yui mumbled.
 
“Ahnyeong.. You can hand Yui over to me now.” You smiled.
 
“Yunho appa.” Yunho flinched at that.
 
“Why is Jaejoong oppa if he’s older than I am while I’m appa?” He asked. Yui hugged him gently.
 
“There there, it’ll be fine.” She nuzzled behind his ear and Yunho made a strange purring sound. You bit your tongue so you wouldn’t laugh but unfortunately Junsu and Changmin didn’t do the same.
 
“Hyung is a cat!” Junsu managed to bring out while he doubled over in laughter.
 
“Nevermind them Yunho.. They’re just jealous.” Jaejoong said calmly while pulling you in his arms, “because they don’t have girlfriends.” Junsu pouted and Changmin shrugged.
 
“I have food. I’m going to make hot chocolate since you’re going to be a jerk and refuse to make me tea. Ae do you want some too? You’re the only one who’s nice to me.” He pouted and you nodded.
 
“Need my help?” You offered. Changmin shook his head.
 
“Aniyoh.. I think Jaejoong will hurt me if you do.. Ah, Yunho can I borrow your car? I want to go get some snacks.” He gave Yunho a pleading look.
 
“Fine.” Yunho said without thinking and tossed his keys in Changmin’s general direction. He still caught them and left, giving the couple weird looks. You glanced at Yui who was still nuzzling behind Yunho’s ear. Was it really that distracting? Yui stopped for a moment and looked at you.
 
“Weren’t we going to watch a movie?” She asked, you assumed she directed the question towards you but Jaejoong answered in your place.
 
“We are. But we have to wait until Yoochun comes home because otherwise we have to rewind the movie and watch it from the start! It’s really no fun, he always wants to see te movie from the start even if he saw it twenty times already..” Yui sighed.
 
“That must be horrible..” You smiled, she didn’t seem mad at him anymore. Maybe it was the magic of Yunho. You thought they looked good together. You felt Jaejoong’s arms wrap around you tighter.
 
“It’s not like I’ll pay attention to the movie anyway. Ae is my girlfriend, what more do I need in life?” 
 
“Food, a place to sleep and bathroom facilities.” Junsu summed up. Jaejoong sent him a glare but said nothing and instead walked towards the couch without letting you go thereby forcing you to walk in front of him.
 
“Ae can pick the film.” Jaejoong said in a voice that made it clear that he would not hear of any other option than that. Yunho shrugged and he and Yui sat on the couch. Jaejoong pecked your cheek softly.
 
“I’ll be back in a moment arasso? Just pick a movie, whichever one you want to see.” You smiled at him and nodded. You sat down in front of the films they had while he entered his room. You didn’t know half of the films so you picked one that didn’t look like it was a horror movie and held it up.
 
“Is this one okay?” You asked. Yui nodded.
 
“It is.. It’s really famous in Japan you know?” Yunho smiled at her.
 
“Really? Did you see it in the cinema?” Yui shook her head.
 
“Aniyoh.. Did you?” You sighed at their sweetness that stopped them from doing practical things and put the film in. While the credits rolled Jaejoong came back and handed you something soft. Cloth. You glanced at him.
 
“Did you really have to do that?” You asked. He nodded. You unfolded it and read the text.
 
“Yui.. Don’t you think this is a little too much?” You asked, hoping to get her support. Yui frowned.
 
’Ae is my precious girlfriend so don’t even think of flirting with her. I’ll always be there to protect you Ae. Love, Jaejoong’ Aww that’s really sweet.. I don’t think it’s too much. Put it on!” You sighed. That wasn’t really helping. Yunho smirked.
 
“Should I make you one too?” He asked. Yui gulped and gave you a look that was begging you for help. No matter how much she loved him, Yui always felt the need to be strong. 
 
“You should! And be sure to draw a heart on it! That’s really cute.” You said and left the room to put on the shirt. It was a little big, and it was a guy’s shirt, but it was really sweet. You softly rubbed the cloth, it was soft but warm. Even though it was embarrassing, you liked it a lot.
 
“Jaejoong oppa, kamsahamnida.”