Chapter 85

Are you drunk?

 

 
“I should be heading back to work.. IU, could I have Sunny unnie’s number?” You asked. Iu smiled and held her hand out for your phone. You gave it to her and she started pressing buttons fanatically. About ten minutes later she gave it back with an exhausted smile.
 
“I put in Sunny’s number, Yoona’s number, Tiffany’s number, Taeyeon’s number and my own number.” You smiled and thanked her before leaving for your work.
 
“Remember to call me tonight!” IU called after you. You turned and waved, showing her that you had heard her and continued your way back. Noon Force was nowhere to be found luckily and the way back was rather calm. You smiled relieved and pushed the door open. A camera flashed. You noticed SHINee wasn’t alone anymore in the room. There were about five more men with them. One of them you recognised as their manager. The others looked important but were unfamiliar.
 
“Please don’t use a flash when taking pictures.” You said calmly and then refrased, “please don’t take pictures at all actually. What is the meaning of this?” Minho was smirking contendly and you felt like strangling him.
 
“Tae, you may now text my oppa.” You said. Little Taemin snickered.
 
“Because of hyung? Arasso! One text message coming up!”
 
“Ahnyeong Hyun Ae-shi.. We heard your singing. The talent scouts are interested.” The manager said rather stiffly. You raised an eyebrow.
 
“Are they? Didn’t I make it clear that I don’t want to be scouted?” You asked calmly. You weren’t sure where you picked up the courage to speak like that but it was neccesary.
 
“I’m aware.. I told them that.” One of the men held up his hand and the manager was silent.
 
“Are you sure? You have a lot o talent. With the right training and supervision you could make a really great idol. This is a once in a lifetime chance.. Do you really want to reject the offer?” You nodded silently.
 
“Ne.. I have multiple reasons that count strongly for me. Should I become an idol I will always be compared to oppa. I will lose what remaining privacy I had left. I can’t handle the stress that comes with being an idol.”
 
“That’s not true.. You can handle stress perfectly well.” Cheon. You hadn’t noticed him because he wasn’t very tall. You frowned. What was he doing here.
 
“Cheon-shi what is your business here?” His shoulders were hanging and you could already guess it.
 
“I’m here on behalf of your brother’s manager. He wants to offer you a contract.” You shook your head.
 
“I decline. I’m sorry. If you mind, we still have some more shooting to do and we’re running out of time.” You said. The men nodded.
 
“Alright. Do you mind if we release that photo?” You thought for a while. You had been on TV, would it really matter if you stopped the photo? You shook your head.
 
“It’s fine. I’ve already been exposed to the world.” You said and went to watch the previous recordings. The men left and Cheon bowed to you once before leaving with them.
 
“You were really serious about not preforming.. Do you hate singing and dancing so much?” Minho asked. You shook your head.
 
“No, I hate being a preformer. The things that come with it.” You said while making notes on the clip thus far. You felt a hand on your shoulder and realised it was Onew.
 
“Won’t you sing with us once?” You sighed.
 
“Why do you want it so badly? It is going to cause trouble.” You said and turned back to the clip. The screen went black. Onew had shut it down.
 
“Because it’ll be fun. Singing for the sake of singing, wouldn’t that be great?” You nodded.
 
“Fine.. I’ll sing with you one time.” You saw them all smirk contendly.
 
“We look forward to it..” Key said, “please come a little closer I need to have a look at your hair.” You gave him a weird look.
 
“We’re still working, my hair is bound to get messed up again.” Key shrugged and pulled out a comb. Your jaw almost dropped.
 
“Have you been caring that around all day?” You asked. He shrugged and started combing your hair. You sighed and dropped on a chair. You wouldn’t be able to escape from it. Key cupped your chin and looked at you with a look of concentration on his face.
 
“Your face is really a work of magic now.. Your perfect like this.” He said. You raised an eyebrow.
 
“What are you talking about? I remember you trapping me to a couch in order to put make up on my face and now it’s suddenly unneccesary?” You asked. He smiled.
 
“That was because I was attempting to make you look more feminite. You’re not dressed as a guy now. It’s perfect like this. At least I can still play with your hair.”
 
“I wouldn’t try it if I were you.” You hear Taemin’s cold voice. Little Taemin snickered next to you. He really texted him! You quickly stepped inbetween Key and Taemin.
 
“Aniyoh! He’s on my side don’t hurt him!” You said. Taemin raised an eyebrow.
 
“Really now? Who’s not on your side here?” You bit your lip and looked down. ‘I shouldn’t have said that. Of course he’d know there was someone opposing my ideas.. He’s oppa after all.’ 
 
“If you’re not telling I suppose I’ll just have to beat all of them? Except for Tae of course. He warned me so I guess he’s on your side. He wouldn’t endanger his life like that.” Little Taemin nodded.
 
“Oppa, it’s fine! They still have a lot of work to do. I’m strong enough to take care of myself. I’ll see you later arasso?” Taemin nodded reluctantly and hugged you before walking towards the door. Before stepping outside he ce and glared at the boys.
 
“You.. You seem the happiest that I’m leaving.. You must be the one who’s not on her side.. Gokjonghajima.. I won’t do anything.. For now.” He said. You noticed he was glaring strictly at Minho who gulped at that. He was the strongest and fittest of the group but no one was a match for Taemin. You sighed as Taemin finally left, smirking like a true devil, and wondered if you should have a mental institute check on him. ‘He’s dating IU! Focus on her oppa! I’ll be fine! Why are they staring at me like that?’ You tilted your head at the sight.
 
“Yes? Can I help you?” You asked bluntly. 
 
“Noona, let’s watch a movie together this weekend.” Little Taemin replied just as bluntly. You nodded.
 
“We were supposed to go shopping in the weekend.” You said plainly.
 
“Even better! You can stay over Saterday night and we’ll go out first thing the next morning!” You chuckled. Was he trying to get rid of Yui? He couldn’t. Once Yui got permission to go shopping, she would. Or would it be too dangerous for her to go out now that she’d been announced Yunho’s girlfriend? Had he thought about that? You saw Taemin smile innocently so you assumed he had thought about that.
 
“I’m not sure if oppa will agree to that.. He looked kind of scary just now..” You said in a thinking voice. Someone knocked on the door. When no one went to answer it you just walked towards it and opened it.
 
“Hello?” You asked. 
 
“It’s Taemin’s twin! Omo! You’re so pretty!” Fan girls? You blinked strangely at the two girls in front of you.
 
“How did you get inside?” You asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
“Aigoo! So much like him! Unnie you’re so pretty!” They didn’t answer. You coughed.
 
“Ah.. Kamsahamnida.. Why are you here?” 
 
“Don’t worry about them, they won a price and were allowed to visit SHINee.” The manager said from behind them. You nodded and took a few steps back, allowing the girls to walk inside. They squeeled when they saw the boys and you felt sorry for them. Little Taemin looked truly scared of them.
 
“Unnie are you working with them? So lucky!” The first girl sang happily. You weren’t really sure what to do or say. You exchanged looks with Jonghyun and found a clear ‘The fans can’t find out no matter what!’ look in his eyes. Agreed. Being Taemin’s twin was troubling enough.
 
“I’m just helping out today.. I got bored with oppa today..” You said, rubbing the back of your head. You saw Key flinch at the sight of your hair getting messed up and knew he had trouble restraining himself from fixing it.
 
“Is Taemin boring?” The second girl asked. You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh.. But he had to do so many talk shows I barely got to see him.. It was lonely..” You said and sighed. The girls smiled in adoration which you found creepy.
 
“Unnie you can really sing! Would you take a picture with us?” The first girl asked. She wasn’t too tall but build rather slim and her hair was died a lively colour of orange. You chuckled.
 
“Weren’t you here for them?” You asked, pointing at SHINee which earned you five sarcastic ‘Gee thanks a lot’ looks from their general direction. You shrugged and smiled innocently. 
 
“Ah.. We were.. Unnie would you take a picture with the rest of us? Please?” One of them twirled your hair, “it’s so pretty..”
 
“Yah that’s mine!” Key mumbled for the first time. The girls made a surprised sound.
 
“Omo.. Are you and Key together?” The second girl asked, her hair was dark brown. She was rather small and her eyes were big and chocolate coloured. You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh.. He likes my hair.” You said, “so I let him comb it.. Ever since then it’s been his prised possession.” The girls giggled at that.
 
“Unnie you’re so mature!” You could see the irritation build up on Key’s face as they kept playing with your hair so you walked closer to them. 
 
“Frustrated?” You asked softly. He nodded.
 
“No one can touch your hair except for Taemin. But that’s only because he’d kill me if I didn’t allow him.” Key said shortly and started pulling strands of hair back in their original position. A camera flashed.
 
“Aigoo.. You two are so sweet!” The girl yelled.
 
“Ah! Please don’t misinterpretate.. He’s just weird with hair.. What are your names actually?” You asked, trying to change the subject because it made you feel uncomfortable. Had the manager forgotten to tell you this? You should have come here dressed as Hyun Jong. It wouldn’t have been as suspicious and it wouldn’t raise questions. Suppose that photo got on the internet? It was very likely to get posted on the internet. You repressed a sad sigh and listened to the girls introducing themselves.
 
“Park Sang-hee imnida!” The girl with orange hair said. You nodded.
 
“Lee Ha-Neul imnida.. Let’s get along.” The shorter girl said.
 
“I think you know who they are but I’ll just let them introduce themselves.” You said and skipped aside to let SHINee do their famous greeting. The girls almost drooled at it.
 
“Taemin oppa.. Can I have a hug?” Ha-Neul asked. Little Taemin doubled over in embarrassed laughter. It was the first time for you to hear someone call him oppa. It did sound funny. You chuckled slightly as the girl got her hug.
 
“Mianhae for laughing.. I just never heard someone call him that before..” You apologised to the girls. They gasped as you bowed slightly. “Han Hyun Ae imnida.. Let’s get along.” You spoke formally.
 
“Ne.. Unnie, do you like SHINee?” Sang-Hee asked. You laughed softly.
 
“A bit.. Of course oppa is the best preformer.” You said in a joking voice.
 
“Aniyoh! Jonghyun is the best!” Sang-Hee defended fiercly. ‘Omo.. These fans are scary..’ You felt a hand tug your sleeve and before you knew it you were close to Key again and he was combing your hair happily. ‘Does he really have to do that?’ You wondered.
 
“Aigoo.. Unnie, Key must be your favourite right?” Ha-Neul asked. You felt the boys direct their glares towards you. This was embarrassing. Would you say that? No the girl got scary before.. What if I can’t pick the right one? Better safe then sorry, time to play safe.
 
“I don’t pick favourites haha.” You said jokingly, “and otherwise I’d have to pick Taemin wouldn’t I? He shares oppa’s name.” The girls smiled and you felt Key tug your hair. It hurt. Suddenly the back of your head throbbed and you brought a hand up to touch it.
 
“Gwenchana? I didn’t mean to tug harshly..” He whispered, checking on your head. You then noticed Ha-Neul was speaking.
 
“Mianhae.. Could you repeat that?” You asked. She smiled.
 
“You really like your oppa don’t you? You’re a loyal sister unnie.” You smiled. You definitely liked this girl the best out of the two. She seemed calmer and plainly nicer than Sang-Hee.
 
“I’m happy you think so. I love my oppa very much..” You smiled peacefully.
 
“I’m so jealous.. Unnie gets to meet so many celebirties! And they all like her!” Sang-Hee pouted. You blinked at that.
 
“Where did you get that idea? I don’t meet a lot of celebirties. Oppa tries veyr hard to keep everyone away from me.. He’s a little overprotective.” Sang-Hee smiled.
 
“Must be nice.. A caring oppa I mean.. But you probably met DBSK right? They live across Taemin.” You nodded slightly.
 
“I met them once or twice...” Better safe than sorry! “But we never talked much..” The girls nodded.
 
“Then do you know Jiyong? He and Taemin used to be good friends..” Sang-Hee tried.
 
“Aww dongsaeng..” You softly patted Little Taemin’s head because you could clearly see he felt neglected, “I haven’t met Jiyong before.. Excuse me, my phone is ringing.” You walked away and saw the girls scoot closer to SHINee. You winked at them, wishing them the best of luck and answered your phone. It was really ringing.
 
“Yoboseyo?”
 
“Yoboseyo! How’s my Ae?” You blushed.
 
“Shouldn’t you be working?” You asked. 
 
“How can I work when I’m always thinking about you? Get off me Junsu! Sorry about that.. How’s your work going?” You chuckled when you heard Junsu sing teasingly in the background.
 
“Work has been cancelled, sort of. Two fan girls apparently won a price and thus they are here and SHINee isn’t doing the clip.” Jaejoong laughed on the other side of the phone.
 
“Aww.. Poor you, stuck without a job.. Why don’t you come over here so I can comfort you? I miss you.” You giggled.
 
“Andwaeyo(it can’t be) oppa.. I’m contracted to be here.” You spoke in a low voice, hoping no one would hear that. Jaejoong sighed.
 
“Arasso.. Are you coming over tonight?” You smirked.
 
“How many times do I have to tell you that it’s only twenty feet away? I should go now.. SHINee needs to be saved. Looks like I have a job again!” Jaejoong laughed.
 
“Arasso. I’ll come see you tonight.. Not the force of a million Taemin’s can stop me..” You chuckled and smiled before ending the call. Jaejoong could be an idiot, but he was nice and warm too. You held your phone against your chest happily before going in. The girls and SHINee were taking pictures together.
 
“That looks by far more enjoyable than a photoshoot.” You said calmly. Onew nodded and the girls turned to face you.
 
“Unnie! Let’s take pictures together! Who were you on the phone with? Are you seeing someone?” Ha-Neul asked. You chuckled.
 
“At the moment I can see five boys and two girls. I’m not dating anyone.” You felt slightly guilty about lying but it was for the better. Ha-Neul put her finger on her lip.
 
“Aigoo! You’re so loyal to your oppa.” You nodded vaguely.
 
“Ae, since you’re not dating anyone, please come over here so I can play with your hair some more!” Key said with a slightly evil smirk on his face. You stuck out your tongue.
 
“Wasn’t it good like this? Ah, did I touch it again?” You asked teasingly. He shrugged and you walked closer. Key pulled you into a hug.
 
“How’s your head, is it hurting again?” He asked quietly while the girls giggled and snapped pictures. You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh.. It’s fine.. Just a minor fall back I suppose.” You said in a whispered voice.
 
“What are you talking about? It looks so cute!” Ha-Neul asked. Sang-Hee looked really jealous.
 
“She’s probably you’re pretty noona, right?” Sang-Hee asked with a hint of rudeness in her voice. You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh! We haven’t known each other that long. Key just gets upset easily,” you send him a fake glare, “and I’m the dupe of that..” The girls seemed to accept that and went back to taking pictures.
 
“What’s wrong?” Minho asked as soon as he got the chance to speak with you in private when the girls kidnapped Key for more photo’s.
 
“My head stared throbbing again.. It’s fine now. Go and entertain them.. I don’t really want to answer more questions.” Minho smiled softly.
 
“Arasso.. Tell us if it starts hurting again.” He went over to the others and you could see him speak with Little Taemin and since the kid glanced at you with a worried look you assumed it was about you. You shook your head. You were fine. As long as those girls and their flashing camera’s stayed away.
 
Author's note: This is my last chapter before going on hiatus for this story. I felt like adding a little twist before I leave.. I promise to write for this story while I'm on hiatus! Thank you for all the support! I wrote the explanation about my hiatus in my blog, please read it if you feel the neccesity. Stay safe everyone!