Chapter 88

Are you drunk?

 

 
“Ae, open the door please?” You heard a voice call from the outside. Key looked up at the sound.
 
“Is Jaejoong here already?” He sounded a little scared. Of course. Jaejoong could be scary when he wanted to. You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh.. That’s my best friend who’s freezing outside. I’m going to let him in!” You ran for the door and opened it. There was no one in sight at first, but then you heard some footsteps. Suddenly Changmin came into sight, dashed past you and pushed the door close but not too quickly to unable you to see that he was being chased by Yui. You laughed softly at their childishness.
 
“Ae, let me in please.” Yui yelled from the outside. You were about to when Changmin wrapped his arms around you tightly and dragged you to the living room whilst still catching his breath.
 
“What’s this about? What are you fighting about now?” You asked when he sat you down on a chair and blocked you from getting back to the door. He smiled innocently.
 
“Nothing at all bestie.. That girl is just being stubborn.” You sighed. Not this again.
 
“I can’t let her freeze outside..” Changmin shrugged.
 
“She can just go back to Yunho. I should call him to come pick her up!” You sighed and grabbed his hand.
 
“Changmin please.. You’re both my best friends, can’t you get along for even one night?” Changmin thought for a while then shook his head.
 
“Mianhae.. That girl is just too clingy! She has a boyfriend so she should stick with him!” You sighed.
 
“Changmin, I have a boyfriend too.” 
 
“You’re my best friend that’s different. What’s with him being here? Isn’t he afraid Taemin will kill him?” You glanced at Key who was patiently making tea. You bit your lip.
 
“Actually..-”
 
“The manager somehow forced me to do this stupid act anyway.. Aish! That hurt.” He blew against his hand on which he had spilled some hot water. You shot up and held his hand in the sink while turning on the tap so it would cool down.
 
“I’m so useless.” Key sighed, “I really hate it..” Changmin sat down on your former seat, after he had dragged it to the opening to the hall so you wouldn’t be able to let Yui in.
 
“What exactly happened?” He asked. Key didn’t say anything so you started explaining. With every word you said Changmin’s face became more and more like a thunder cloud.
 
“That really sounds like something a manager would do..” He said in a low voice. He couldn’t even bring himself to yell because of his anger. You nodded.
 
“I can’t destroy someone’s dream like that.. It’s oppa’s dream too..” You said softly. Key nodded.
 
“Mianhae.. I can’t express how sorry I am..” You shook your head. It stung slightly but you brushed it off.
 
“Don’t worry about it. I’ll bear with it. We’ll endure it together arasso?” He nodded.
 
“How long do you have to pretend anyway?” Changmin said, still trying to hold back his anger.
 
“Mollayo. Until it stops being popular.” Key said with a sigh. Changmin nodded.
 
“That sounds like them alright.. Key, want me to drop you off at home? Because I can promise you Taemin’s not going to be happy when he finds out. You might want to stay a good 30 miles away.” Key sighed and nodded.
 
“Kamsahamnida. I wish I could. I feel really ashamed for butting in on Ae and Jaejoong hyung’s relationship. Why is it that no one can can be with the one they love in this world?” Changmin got up and put a hand on Key’s shoulder.
 
“That’s a very good question. If I find the answer I’ll tell you first.” Key nodded and followed him to the hall. Changmin glanced around the corner.
 
“We’re safe! Run!” Key gave him a weird look.
 
“Wae?”
 
“Shim Changmin! If I get you in my hands I’m going to kill you!” Changmin rolled his eyes and dragged Key out with him who gave you a scared look. You decided to help out a little.
 
“Yui! Come here! You must be cold! It’s almost December! Come here!” You yelled out. Yui stopped and glanced at you who kept looking innocent. Finally she sighed and entered the house.
 
“Yui, do you want some tea?” You asked, remembering that Key had made tea which was now starting to get cold. Even if the water had just boiled. It’d be fine. Yui nodded.
 
“Ne, I’m cold.” She said and you walked to your room to get her a blanket. When you returned she was sipping tea from a mug on the couch. You put the blanket around her and sat down.
 
“Yui, are you happy?” You asked. She turned to you with a surprised look.
 
“What’s that about? I have my best friend this close to me and I’m with the guy I’m.. That I like a lot.. I’ve never been more happy in my life. Did anything happen?” You smiled softly.
 
“I caught that.. Yui, did you want to say that you’re in love with Yunho?” She blinked.
 
“Aniyoh.. Love is really a big word! I can’t just say that..” You chuckled.
 
“Why not? It’s really clear. You look so happy.” She smiled and seemed to be in heaven for a short moment.
 
“Maybe it’s true.. Yunho is the best guy I’ve ever met.. I thought celebirties would be really hard to make friends with but he’s just so natural and sweet.. Mianhae, it must be bothering you!” You shook your head. You felt slightly nauseous suddenly but brushed it off. ‘I’ll be fine if I just have some tea.’
 
“I’m happy to hear you talk about him like that.. It’s good that you’re happy Yui.. I don’t think there’s anyone who deserves it more than you..” She smiled softly.
 
“Kamsahamnida Ae.. Are you okay? You look like you’re in pain..” You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh, just a little nauseous.. I’ll go to bed soon arasso? Oppa said he’d come by.. I should just take some medicine..” Yui shook her head.
 
“Aniyoh! If you feel bad you can’t do that! You have to rest..” You shook your head.
 
“It’ll be fine. I’m going to get some tea now.” Yui sighed.
 
“If you say so.. I’m going to call Yunho now.” You chuckled.
 
“He’s only twenty feet from here.. You could just scream out of the window. I’m sure he’d hear it.” Yui chuckled and pushed you.
 
“You should be getting tea right now.” You nodded and walked into the kitchen. The warm tea calmed your stomach down and you smiled. Jaejoong was going to stop by. It made you happy. ‘Oppa, I’ll wait for you no matter what..’ Yui left shortly after finishing her phone call and you were sure she and Yunho were going on a date. ‘It’s really cute.. I’m happy she’s with Yunho..’ You sat down on the couch and switched on the TV. After some time two arms suddenly wrapped around you. You looked up and saw Jaejoong smiling softly at you.
 
“Ahnyeong Ae.. I missed you.” You smiled softly and held his arms that were holding you. It felt really warm in his embrace.
 
“How did you get inside?” You asked, a little curious. As far as you knew Yunho had the key to Taemin’s house and he was to responsible to let anyone borrow it.
 
“I borrowed Yunho’s key and made a copy. I’m tired of having to get either Yunho’s or Taemin’s permission to see you.” You smiled at his stubborn sounding voice.
 
“Ah.. That explains that.” He skipped over the couch and sat down next to you.
 
“Ae, are you okay? You look pale.” You nodded.
 
“Ne.. I’m just a little tired. I really hate having to do that..” You didn’t want to name it, “so I guess that’s bothering me a little.” Jaejoong sighed and pulled you close.
 
“I wish you weren’t so kind to the world.. But then you wouldn’t be my sweet Ae that I want to hold so close that you’ll never be able to run away. I’m going to hate seeing you and that brat together.. You will remember that you’re my girlfriend right?” You sighed and gave him a tired smile.
 
“Jaejoong, I only like you. There’s no room in my heart for anyone else. At least not that kind of feeling..” You suddenly yawned and quickly covered your mouth. Jaejoong smiled.
 
“Mianhae.. You’re tired because of me.. I’ll bring you to bed.” Before you could protest he had lifted you off the couch and was carrying you to your bedroom. You smiled and leaned against him. He felt safe, warm and special. You knew that no one who hadn’t felt it would never be able to understand this feeling. Love. It had to be, this kind of feeling that was always stressed in books and films. ‘I thought it’d be more formal and difficult.. But it’s really a nice feeling..’ You wanted to say something but before you could you noticed you were drifting away to the place where dreams were born.
 
 
“Ae, are you awake yet?” You opened your eyes and noticed Taemin’s face right in front of you.
 
“I am now.. Good morning oppa.” Taemin smiled happily and hugged you.
 
“Today is such a good day.” He said, “I’m really looking forward to it.” He was practically singing. You giggled.
 
“Why is it a good day?” You asked.
 
“I’m going on a cooking special for some show.” You blinked.
 
“I thought you didn’t like variety shows?” He nodded while still smiling widely.
 
“I don’t.. But she’s going to be there too.. I’m happy.” You smiled happily as you felt the feeling from your oppa in your own chest.
 
“That’s great oppa.. Will you tell her I said hi?” Taemin nodded.
 
“Of course.. Let’s go to the company together.. You have to disguise yourself right?” You bit your lip.
 
 “I’m not sure.. Last night.. I had to accept it. Oppa, I have to pretend to be Key’s girlfriend..” Taemin leaned back and stared at you.
 
“Waeyo? What’s wrong with that kid?! I’ll kill him myself!” You grabbed his wrist.
 
“Aniyoh. Oppa, being a preformer has always been your dream right?” He nodded.
 
“Key had the same dream. As does Tae, and the other members too.” Taemin frowned and turned his wrist so that he could hold your hand.
 
“Where is this heading?” He asked cautiously.
 
“Their manager threathened to end SHINee unless I pretend to be Key’s girlfriend..” Taemin jumped up immediately.
 
“That bastard..” He hissed. You sat up and nodded.
 
“Ne.. But please don’t mind it.. It’s fake and we all know it.. Key hates it as much as I do.” Taemin sighed.
 
“I understand it.. But I hate it. I’m going on a tour soon. You know that.. What if something happens while I’m away? I wish I hadn’t ever brought you to the attention of the fans..” He sighed. You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh.. Oppa you did what you thought was the best. I’m strong, I’ll survive through it oppa.” He smiled.
 
“Dongsaeng, saranghae.. You’re the best sister I could have.. If anything happens, doesn’t matter what, call me and I’ll be back in a few hours.” You chuckled.
 
“Aniyoh oppa! Then I’d have to go and preform in your place.” He smirked.
 
“Let’s not do that.. We should preform together. Time to go!” 
 
“Oppa I still have to change!” He chuckled and ruffled your hair before leaving. You softly touched your head. It was starting to bug you a little now. Why was it hurting? ‘Maybe I should take a painkiller.’
 
“Hyun Ae unnie!” You blinked as you noticed the crowd forming around you and Taemin.
 
“Just ignore them and come with me.” Taemin mumbled while tightening his grip on your arm. You followed behind him, softly smiling at the screaming girls around you.
 
“Hyun Ae unnie saranghae!” A trio of girls yelled, holding up a cardboard print of one of the pictures of you and Key together. Underneath it phrases like ‘Hyun Ae + Key = Love’ and ‘Hyun Ae unnie Hwaiting!’. As much as you disliked the idea and the attention, it was still cute.
 
“Gomawo.” You said softly and they squeeled happily. Taemin tugged your hand to indicate you that you had to follow closer behind him. You did and entered the building quickly.
 
“Aish.. It’s so tiring.. How come you seem to have more fans than I do?” Taemin joked. You sighed.
 
“Mollayo.. Maybe it’s because your fans are all healthy like you told them to and still in bed for some good rest?” Taemin chuckled and pulled you further into the building. You froze when you saw SHINee along with their manager. Little Taemin gave you a concerned look but the others didn’t show emotion. Especially Key who was staring very intensely at something three meters above your head. He was scared of Taemin.
 
“Ahnyeonghaseyo.. How are you all today?” You asked. Little Taemin smiled cheerfully and clung to your arm like a koala.
 
“Noona it’s so weird to see you like this! But it’s good though! I’m good, hyung promised me candy! I slept well and had a nice dream! Would you like to hear about it?” You knew he was trying to distract you and his bubbly personality was doing a good job at that. ‘Such a cute kid..’
 
“Ne ne! Tell me!” You said.
 
“Yo Tae.. Protect my dongsaeng for me.” Taemin said, partially in English. Little Taemin nodded and bowed to him.
 
“Of course hyung! You can leave her with me. Noona, I dreamt about the summer! It was nice and warm and we went to the sea to swim, only when we got there the beach was covered in shells. But once you got the water the ground felt like marshmallows under your feet! It was so amazing! And the water wasn’t salty either! It was sweet like cotton candy, but not as sticky! And fluid too! I loved it! Do you think I’ll ever be able to walk on marshmallows?” You smiled at his childish but cute dream.
 
“Maybe if you ask nicely.” He cheered brightly and pulled you towards the others.
 
“All of you, even if noona is ‘dating’ Key, she’s still family! So never even think of harming her hyung.” You chuckled at his impression of Taemin that wasn’t very good. But it was sweet.