Chapter 39

Are you drunk?

 

 
"I got you!" You laughed as Junsu hugged you while you were trying to get the ball past him. He had no trouble stopping you and you felt your playing was really pathetic. 
 
"I'm no good.. Sorry Junsu.." He pinched your cheeks again, and again softly without hurting you. You brushed his hands away.
 
"Yah, why do you keep doing that?" You whined, and he laughed softly.
 
"Mianhae.. You're so cute.." He sang and ruffled your hair, "come on, try again!" He stepped back into the goal and you kicked the ball towards the goal. Or at least, you attempted to. 
 
"Yah! Don't kick it with the outer side of your foot! Aiming will become easier if you try it with the inside." Junsu called, while chasing the ball. Since you weren't getting near the goal, he had been patiently watching you and giving you tips. You sighed, soccer was really hard. Slightly frustrated with it all, you kicked the ball that rolled towards you and sat down, your back facing Junsu.
 
"I can't do it!" You said, Junsu laughed.
 
"Did you even see where you kicked it?" You slowly turned your head and watched Junsu, he smirked, one foot on the ball. Then he kicked and played with it for a while, "your aim isn't half bad, you just need to have more confidence!" He kicked the ball upwards and bounced it on his chest. He seemed really at peace while doing it, when he smiled, your heart warmed. After a minute he noticed you were watching and stopped it.
 
"Mianhae.. Am I boring you?" He asked. You shook your head vividly.
 
"No not at all! I think you look cool.. I mean it looks really nice to see you do something you like so much." You said, fidgeting your fingers. He caught the ball in his hands and walked towards you.
 
"Thanks.. I'm happy you think so. Care for a break? It's been two hours already! You must be tired." You chuckled and got up.
 
"I'm used to practicing for a long time, but I'd like some water." You said, dusting off your clothes. Junsu tossed the ball over his shoulder.
 
"Pabo Junsu! Right, I should have remembered. But I can't help it, you're just too cute!" He softly your cheek, "Aigoo!" You smiled, and followed him inside. You took off your shoes and put them near the door. Junsu turned and noticed you taking off your shoes.
 
"Right.. Manners. You're so different from your oppa!" He sighed and pulled you into the kitchen. You looked around in awe, you hadn’t been here before. It seemed far too organized to be the property of DBSK actually. Junsu caught your thought.
 
“This is Jaejoong’s kingdom.. He keeps it clean under the condition that we don’t touch his things.” Junsu said, while opening a closet, “Strawberry glass or duck glass?” You pointed at the pink duck glass. He smiled while filling it with water.
 
“I knew you’d pick that one. So, what are you doing later today? Changmin said you had a date this afternoon..-” Even though his voice was teasing, you panicked.
 
“It’s not a date.. I’m just seeing some friends who borrowed me this jacket!” You yelped. Junsu frowned, and handed you the duck glass.
 
“I didn’t mean it that way you know? Sit down..” You quietly sat down, staring at your glass. You moved it around in your hand.
 
“Ae.. I didn’t mean to upset you.. Does this mean you don’t like me anymore?” You looked up, he gave you a sad look. Tears crawled up to your eyes and poured over your face. Junsu jumped up and walked around the table.
 
“What’s wrong?! I didn’t hurt you, did I? Mianhae Ae..” He said, softly hugging you.
 
“It’s nothing..” You sobbed, “I’m just.. It’s so weird that I just can’t be your friend anymore..”
 
“You can! You are our friend!”
 
“Not like before.. Jaejoong hates me.” It was out. The reason while you were feeling miserable. That idiot, why would he come to see you, only to hurt you? Were you really so different from oppa? If so, why couldn’t he give you a chance?
 
“Jaejoong is an idiot.” Junsu said shortly, “I don’t think you’ve noticed because you were busy saving your oppa’s career, but he’s been a tad confused. When you were around I mean.” You looked up and felt something soft on your cheek. Junsu was wiping away your tears with a handkerchief.
 
“And he’s just getting used to you. It’s not everyday you get a new neighbour. And of course he jealous that we all like you and spend time with you.” He said, “There you go.” ‘But if that’s true.. Then why does he come to our house when Taemin isn’t there?’
 
“Don’t cry anymore, please? I don’t really know how to cheer up a crying girl.. And Taemin would kill me if he found out I made you cry.” He shivered at that thought. You figured he had some experience with Taemin’s black belt in Karate and Taekwando. Even though he hadn’t been practicing as much, he still knew how to kick and punch.
 
“You didn’t make me cry.. But I’ll be a big girl. I have to find a job.” You blurted out, he blinked.
 
“But.. That means you won’t be able to come with us to the company anymore?” He pouted.
 
“I don’t know that.. Maybe I”ll work in the weekends..-”
 
“No!!! That’s too cruel!! I won’t stand for it! You can’t have a job!” You blinked at his outcry before softly petting his arm.
 
“There there.. You’re not my oppa remember? And I need a job, or else I’ll be stuck inside forever being bored.”
 
“Come with us then.” That didn’t sound that bad, but you knew better.
 
“Your fans would kill me.”
 
“But..-” You silenced him with a finger on his lips, and he slightly moved backwards.
 
“No buts. Junsu, I don’t want oppa to pay for my daily needs. I can’t always have him around to take care of me, you know that. Besides, that way I’ll be able to socialize without people staring at me because I’m Taemin’s dongsaeng.” He sighed.
 
“Well, you can only go if you promise you’ll get one of us to pick you up. Seoul is dangerous at night.” You giggled at the Taemin resemblance. You were sure that if Taemin knew this side of him, he’d like him a lot better. Then your phone buzzed.
 
“Yoboseyo, it’s Hyun Ae.” You answered without checking the caller ID.
 
“Ahnyeong Ae, Gal ji net seo yo?”
 
“Go ywa yo oppa. What about you?”
 
“Same, I was just wondering, is Junsu with you?” He thought of him, you smiled at the thought of oppa growing closer to the friend who most resembled him, even though he didn’t know it.
 
“Yeah, he was teaching me..” You saw Junsu wave his hands fanatically, indicating not to say ‘soccer’, “a new game! You have so many games oppa! Do you even have time to play them?” Luckily he fell for it.
 
“Ah, well I have Sundays off. Let’s go to an amusement park this Sunday! I’m sorry for spending little time with you.. Stupid company. I took the liberty of inviting Changmin, I’m the best right?”
 
“You’re the best and that sounds great oppa!” You sang happily, “can I invite Junsu?” There was some hesitation on the other side of the phone.
 
“Fine.” 
 
“Yaay!” You cheered and hung up. Junsu blinked at you.
 
“Yes?” Your lips curled into a smile.
 
“Would you like to come with Changmin, oppa and me to the amusement park Sunday?” Junsu smiled.
 
“I would, but is Taemin really okay with that?” He asked, fearing the wrath of Taemin.
 
“He said he was, and I promise I won’t leave you alone with him!” You said jokingly, he hugged you, which surprised you.
 
“Then let’s go!” He squeeled. You nodded happily and glanced at the clock. It was half past three. You were starting to feel the anxiousness you usually felt when you had to be somewhere in time. Even though you knew you would be too early if you left now, you still wanted to leave. You couldn’t bare the thought of being late.
 
“Junsu, I think I should go?” He let go and gave you a weird look.
 
“It’s only half past three. You have to be there at five. You can leave at half past four.” You sighed and sat down, feeling slightly more anxious.
 
“Are you okay?” He asked, and you explained your problem.
 
“I can’t help that.. But would you like some ice cream?”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
 
“I’m going to be late!!!” You yelped, somehow Junsu had managed to calm you down and it was now a quarter to five.
 
“Take it easy! I’ll think of something!” Junsu exclaimed, desparately trying to think of something. You panicked, and stared at your hands.
 
“I’ve got it!” Junsu exclaimed suddenly. He grabbed your hand and pulled you with him, “trust me okay?” You had entered the garage, and before you stood a motorcycle. You automatically took a step back. Junsu shook his head.
 
“This is the only way we’ll be in time! Trust me.” You slightly nodded, and helped him get it out of the garage. Since there was no time, you were easily convinced to sit behind him, and the engine started. ‘I wish I had paid more attention to the time.’ Was your last thought before it sped up and you felt like you were flying across the road. After some time clinching tightly to Junsu’s back with your eyes closed, you noticed it wasn’t that scary. Then you could relax a bit. It seemed like only a minute before you arrived at the company. 
 
“Kamsahamnida Junsu.” You said while getting off. He smiled behind his helmet and took yours from you.
 
“No problem, just pray Jaejoong won’t kill me, this is his.” For a second, your heart stopped.
 
“J-jinja?” You stammered, “well, if he doesn’t find out it should be okay?” Junsu smiled and patted your head.
 
“Have fun, I’ll see you later!” Then he drove off. You sighed and glanced at your watch. It was ten to five. You put on some music and closed your eyes. When you opened them again, you saw a shadow cast in front of you. You slowly turned your head.
 
“I see you changed your mind about coming to the company?” You were about to say something when you remembered what you’d decided that morning. ‘I’m still not speaking with him.’ You turned back to your music.
 
“Yah, still not talking to me?” You felt him sit down next to you, “but you’re here.. Are you forgiving me for whatever it was I did?” You turned the music off and put it away.
 
“I’m still mad with you.” You said softly, trying to avoid his look.
 
“What did I do? Honestly!” He dramatically threw his hands in the air, “you of all people, mad with me.”
 
“What’s that supposed to mean?” You asked, how were you out of all people least likely to be mad with him? He sighed and grabbed your shoulder.
 
“Because you’re supposed to like me most out of everyone..” He said softly.