Chapter 66

Are you drunk?

 “Tonight was fun.. Kamsahamnida oppa.” You smiled at Changmin.

“Can I stay at your place tonight? I think I’ll die if I stay here.” Changmin said, faking nervousness. You chuckled.

“You have all the keys.. You’ll be safe. Good night oppa.” He smiled.

“Good night Ae. I’m not seeing you off I’m afraid.. I’ll text you later tonight.” You nodded and ran for it on the count of three as Changmin locked the door behind you. You didn’t get very far. Halfway the kitchen you were grabbed by Junsu who was giving you semi angry and semi sad looks.

“Why did you have fun without me? It’s not fair!” You shook your head, praying the others wouldn’t see you.

“Mianhae.. We’ll have fun another time okay?”

“When is another time?” He asked loudly, grinning at you. You felt your hopes crash. The others had definitely heard him. A moment later Yunho and Yoochun turned around the corner and you knew Jaejoong was somewhere behind you since you heard footsteps. It couldn’t be Changmin because he was still locked inside his room safely.

“Where were you going?” Yunho asked, folding his arms calmly.

“Home.. Taemin is probably home right now.” You said, not even because you thought it’d make a good argument, mostly because Taemin probably was home and worried sick about you.

“You make a good point, sadly though, we don’t care as much.” Yoochun said, giving you a playful smile.

“Can you at least let me call him then?” You asked, “because he might go beserk on you if he finds out you’ve been keeping me here while I’m ‘injured’.” You almost coughed the last word out.

“She has a point!” Junsu said while turning to Yunho, “I’m out of the conspiracy!” He let go of your arm. You smiled and planned to run for it shortly before being grabbed by Jaejoong.

“Let me go! Changmin!! Send oppa an emergency..-” Jaejoong covered your mouth before you could finish, but you knew Changmin probably heard him.

“Yah! Changmin you had better get out of that room!” Jaejoong said. You shrugged his hand off.

“Are you going to kill me if he doesn’t? By the way, why are Yoochun and Yunho-appa in on this too?” Yunho smiled softly when being called appa.

“I agree, why are we even doing this?” He said, more asking Yoochun than Jaejoong.

“Because I cook for you and your clothes are turning pink if you don’t obey me!” Jaejoong growled.

“That’s so mean.. Not even oppa would do that.” You said and felt Jaejoong’s nails dig into your skin.

“Don’t compare me to him! Changmin will pay for making me look like a fool!” You turned around and looked up at Jaejoong.

“Jinja? It’s sad.. I want to go home now, please let me go.” As on cue, a loud shout came from the front door and Yoochun legged it.

“Where is my dongsaeng?!!” Taemin’s beautiful voice echoëd through the night and the house. You saw Yunho turn pale and inwardly thanked Changmin. You smiled at Jaejoong who sighed in frustration.

“We weren’t really going to hold you hostage.. Changmin just kept you to himself.. You could have known I’d be.. Jealous.” You blinked. Jealous?

“Mianhae Jaejoong, I didn’t mean to.. But I have to go now, I want to play a prank on Jiyong tomorrow with oppa.” You said and gave him a smile. He nodded.

“Could I come with you? I want to see his face.” You nodded. Jaejoong sounded a lot more mischievous and childish than usually, but it was fine. You freed your arms and skipped off to give Yunho a hug.

“Did you give Taemin the keys?” You asked before letting up. Yunho froze in place.

“I did..” You gave him a little push.

“Then run for it! I don’t know what Changmin sent him but it’s probably bad!” Yunho nodded and sped off. The door cracked open a little later and it somehow seemed a little like a horror movie since it was getting dark outside already and the lights weren’t yet.

“I don’t like this..” Jaejoong whispered. You nodded slightly as the silhouette of Taemin became visible in the opening. He leaned against the wall seemingly relaxed, but you knew he was really mad.

“Oppa, it’s not as severe as Changmin said, probably.” You said.

“Did he stop you from speaking?” Well techniqually yes. You nodded softly and saw a smirk form on his face even though it was shaded.

“And what about your arms? Was he holding you? He hurt you didn’t he?” You shook your head, but couldn’t deny that there were nailprints in your arms.

“And none of the others made an effort to help you, did they?” You shook your head.

“Oppa, they just felt neglected because I watched Paradise Ranch with Changmin.. And some variety shows on which they starred..” Taemin got out his phone and his face was visible due to the light of his phone. You guessed he had a new text message.

“Arasso.. I’ll let them off.. Let’s go home now.” You nodded and walked towards him.

“Yah, Taemin.. I like Ae! I’m not afraid to fight for her.” Jaejoong suddenly said. Taemin gritted his teeth and glared at him.

“I love my dongsaeng, and I won’t let someone like you hurt her again.” He took your hand and pulled you along. You were surprised, up until now he had tried to kill every guy who had ever said anything remotely like that. You wondered why, he had also permitted you to be with Eunhyuk, even if it was for a short time. Eunhyuk who now already had a new girl.. As long as it made him happy!

“Oppa, are you hiding something from me?” You asked curiously. He started coughing.

“Bwoh? Me? What would I hide from you?! I’m just mad with Jaejoong right now.. You don’t like him, do you?” You were surprised by his question and couldn’t answer it.

“Mollayo.. When are we playing that prank ib Jiyong anyway?” Taemin smiled.

“Tomorrow.. You have to go to the company in my place.. But they know. I worked really hard today so I can have tomorrow off. It’s just for show. Bring someone with you, just to be sure. I think Noon Force might be around.” You felt a slight sting in your stomache.

“Why would they be?” Taemin sighed.

“They are always near me. You know that.. There might be some people that know you. So be as cold to anyone as you can! Understand that? And don’t bring Jaejoong with you.” You chuckled at his sudden change of topic.

“Alright oppa.. Should I be cold with girls too? Girls that aren’t Noon Force members?” He sighed.

“Just tell them you’re busy. It’s the best excuse not to talk to them.” You nodded. There might be a girl he liked, you could tell. What about Yui? You suddenly felt sorry for her. You knew she would understand and let him be. She was that kind of person, staying strong in ridiculous situations, but then she might suddenly cry out at something small. You vowed to call her the next day.

“Alright, good night oppa!” You said as you entered the house. He stopped and turned to lock the house. After brushing your teeth you went to bed and fell asleep.

 

“Ae! Today is prank day!” You blinked and rubbed your eyes.

“Aigoo! Saranghae dongsaeng! Let’s go, let’s go!” You laughed seeing Taemin this happy and bouncy in easy clothes, like something Hyun Jong would wear. You sat up and entered his room to pick out some clothes. After picking and dressing you went to brush your teeth and eat breakfast.

“Hurry! I’m looking forward!” Taemin said happily.

“You’ll have Key do your hair, face and outfit, how are you happy about it?” You asked, wondering if he would really cope with that. He shrugged.

“It serves the greater good. And if he knows what’s good for him he’ll play along with you.” You smirked as you texted little Taemin that today was the official prank day. Within a minute you got a reply.

From: Lee Taemin

‘I’m so excited!! Will hyung be here today? I’m so happy! Key’s not, haha! Just kidding! I’m looking forward to it! Keep me updated on your day arasso?’ You smiled and replied that you would.

“Oppa, let’s switch phones now!” You said and exchanged phones with Taemin.

Then the doorbell rung. Taemin got up from his seat and answered it.

“Ae! It’s for you!” He shouted. You ran towards the door and found Changmin in front of it, smiling.

“Gwenchana Changmin? They’re here! Oppa, remember you’re me! You’re Taemin’s cousin, and your a sweet gentle person! So don’t act like your image!” You quickly said when you noticed the black car that contained the SHINee members. Taemin nodded slightly before getting inside the car.

“I’m fine! They left me alone after I threatened that it would be to dangerous for you to come over if your best friend got injured.. And also I’m the maknae, it would be a scandal if they abused me. You look very realistic, but I know it’s you!” You softly punched his shoulder.

“Yah! Keep that mouth shut.” You said in Taemin’s voice. Changmin only laughed at you but silenced himself when you got into the car and started it carelessly.

“Now you can really pass for him. You’ve gotten more comfortable with driving.”

“Not really, I’m just a good actor.” You said, feeling rather relaxed even though you were driving. You assumed you were getting used to it, or Taemin’s easiness was taking over you.

“Actress.” Changmin corrected. You smirked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“Actor, or do you feel like walking to work?” He shook his head and you chuckled before driving off. Changmin was rather silent during the rest of the ride and gave you pouty eyes at the end of the ride.

“We’re still friends right Ae?” He asked in a cute voice. You let your mask slip once and nodded.

“Yeah, but I have to keep this up.” Changmin nodded.

“Did you know that Taemin has a crush on IU?” You blinked.

“Aniyoh, but I suspected something like it..” Changmin sighed.

“Just don’t treat her too harshly.” You nodded.

“I believe I met her once? She seemed nice. I won’t ruin it for oppa.” Changmin smiled gratefully and you got out of the car. You immediately resumed your ‘I’m Taemin and I’m in a bad mood’ act. You were greeted by a group of fans. Much to your dismay.

“Ahnyeong oppa! Saranghae!” They all sang in chorus. You nodded at them and they squeeled. You entered the building and sighed when the doors closed behind you.

“Rough start oppa?” You glanced at the girl in front of you. You knew she was part of Girl’s Generation, but you weren’t sure which member.

“A little.. I’m going to practice now, please excuse me.” You said, bowing shortly and walking off to Taemin’s dressing room. The girl waved at you but you didn’t react to her anymore. ‘Only be nice to IU right?’ You hoped you wouldn’t see her that day.

“Taemin! Ahnyeong!” You glanced to the side and noticed Eunhyuk, he looked as if he had something to be ashamed off and also a little scared. You decided to play along with that.

“What do you want?” You asked coldly, giving him a glare. He looked down.

“Mianhae.. I really didn’t want it to happen.. How is Ae?” You suspected this had something to do with Noon Force and the dating show, and your mask hardened.

“None of your business! I have a tour to prepare. Goodbye.” You said and walked past him.

“Please.. I never intended for that to happen.. She hasn’t been answering my calls.. Please let me talk to her..” You turned and glared at Eunhyuk.

“If you didn’t mean for it to happen, it shouldn’t have happened. You’re a man aren’t you? You’re not worthy of my sister, so let her go! No one is going to hurt her ever again!” You said and walked away, not reacting to him anymore. You wondered just what it was that he’d done wrong. Yesterday had probably been the day it was broadcasted. If so, Changmin had been protecting you from it. And Jaejoong too. You just remembered he’d reacted like that when you told him you were going to flip through the channels. If it was as bad as Eunhyuk seemed to think it was, you would have to thank them. You sent Changmin a short text message.

From: Taemin (Taemin’s phone that is)                                          

‘Ae says thank you for protecting me. She’s very grateful.’ You put the phone away and entered the room. Inside Cheon was waiting for you.

“Ahnyeong Cheon-shi.” You said in a monotone voice.

“Only because I know it’s you.. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to tell.” You smirked and sat down on a chair.

“That’s good. I don’t know how Changmin can tell actually.. It doesn’t matter, he should be able to.” Cheon shivered at the impression.

“You’re really good you know? What would you like to do now?” You shrugged.

“Taemin is supposed to be really busy, right? What would have been on his schedule?”

 “Dancing. Would you like to try that?” You nodded and followed Cheon to the dance studio. There you also found the manager, looking rather surprised.

“Taemin, I thought you had the day off..”

“Be grateful. I felt like practicing.” You said, somewhere you felt glad Taemin hadn’t told the manager it was you. He would have tried to get you to tour with Taemin. You couldn’t, you had a job. You shook off the heavy jacket and started practice like you usually did, by watching the steps. After a few minutes you caught on the rythym and followed. While practicing people gathered around you. You were aware but payed no attention to them and continued to dance until the music stopped. People applauded and you turned around to face the crowd.

“Oppa! You were so good!” You glanced at the girl. IU, the girl Taemin supposedly had a crush on. She tilted her head and blinked while looking at you. Did she see? You wasted no time but grabbed her hand and pulled her along.

“Excuse me.. Who are you? You look a lot like Taemin but you’re not him, are you?” She asked while you kept walking. You pulled her into a quiet room.

“Do you like Taemin?” You asked, turning to face her. She gasped, then nodded.

“You are.. Hyun Ae.. I met you..” You nodded, you remembered it too.

“I’m his twin.. Taemin is currently having fun. His day off so to say.. Please don’t tell anyone..” You let his voice slip and she nodded.

“He aways works so hard.. But why are you here in his place?”

“I have to.. Oppa wants to play a prank on Jiyong.” You smiled and she smiled too. You were happy because it seemed she accepted this part of Taemin.

“Really? Can I help?” You smiled and nodded.

“Neh, please help me here.. Taemin and I switched places..” She blushed.

“Does that mean he’s..” You could finish that sentence in your head and laughed. She laughed too.

“Aniyoh.. I work for SHINee.. But it’s really dangerous for girls to be around idols.. So I pretend to be a guy.. How did you see through the trick though?” She shrugged.

“Mollayo, you feel different I guess..” You smiled.

“It’s because you’re in love with him..” She blushed deeply and you knew you were right.

“It must be hard for you to be here like this..” She said, giving you a genuine concerned look. You sighed.

“It’s fine.. Did you see last night’s dating show? DBSK seems desperate to hide it from me.” You said. She nodded.

“It was Eunhyuk and Keela’s first show.. It was really weird! Eunhyuk said before the show that he had to break up with his girlfriend because of the show and yet he still kissed Keela.” You felt your inside freeze. He had kissed her? IU gave you a concerned look, then her jaw dropped.

“Don’t tell me.. The girl he had to break up with.. Was you?” You nodded, not capable of speaking. Suddenly she hugged you, pulling you close, “mianhae! It must be so horrible for you..” She sobbed slightly. She seemed really warm, like a child. But also as if she had suffered like this.

“It’s okay..” You said, not sure if it was, “I promise you Taemin isn’t like that. He wouldn’t do dating shows.” She nodded.

“Taemin is always true to himself.. Except for his character.” You both said the last sentence at the same time and you laughed while she let you go. She seemed really nice, she would be good to Taemin. But what about Yui? Did she still have feelings for Taemin? You mentally noted you’d call her later.

“Ah! We have to go back, or else they’ll think weird of me, Taemin I mean.” You said, resuming the Taemin voice. She nodded and pulled you along with her.

“Taemin-shi! Are you and IU together? Do you want to say anything?” A man asked you. You wondered how a reporter could get in, but ignored him.

“I can not and will not say anything before an official pressconference, please have patience until then.” You said coldly before walking off, IU following close behind you.

“Unnie.. You’re so wonderful.” She whispered. You blinked at her words.

“Thanks.” She was really sweet and genuine. Taemin was right to like her. Your phone buzzed and you answered it, IU waved goodbye and left.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Yoboseyo dongsaeng, we’re coming that way, Jiyong doesn’t suspect anything..”You smirked at him and called Changmin to inform him. Changmin seemed very pleased with things and waited with you near the entrence of the building, but you couldn’t go out because of the fans. Suddenly the cheers became louder and you assumed they were there.

“They’re here.” You said, Changmin laughed at you because it sounded so dramatical.

“You should really be an actor later..” He said.

“Actress.” You scoffed jokingly. Changmin laughed.

“Whatever. I’ll enjoy your shows..” You nodded and continued to watch the door. Jiyong swung it open and smirked when he saw you.

“Taemin! Come here my trainee buddy!” You smirked inwardly but scolded him like Taemin had told you to.

“Yah! I told you not to call me that!” You yelled while walking towards him. You gave him a guy hug.

“How’ve you been buddy?” Jiyong asked.

“Holding up, as usual. I’m touring soon though.. Hopefully I’ll get some rest after that.. Bloodsuckers they are..” You said, mocking managers and producers in general. Jiyong smirked.

“I got someone you should meet. Hyun Jong, this is him!” You smirked when you saw Taemin looking like you had been looking the day before. Key’s make up had gotten to him.

“I get what you said.. He’s somewhat like me.. But not nearly as handsome and manly.” You said, raising your chin in fake arrogance. Jiyong chuckled and softly punched your shoulder.

“You haven’t changed at all Taemin.” That was your cue. You smirked.

“Really?” You and Taemin said at the same time. Jiyong frowned, then looked from you to Taemin and back to you.

“You two.. You didn’t. Taemin you set me up!” He glared at Taemin who was currently laughing at him.

“You’ll pay for this!” Jiyong shouted.

“Quickly! Secret twin tactic number two!” Taemin shouted. You both dashed past each other in the opposite direction. That was the main part of Twin Tactic number two, run past one another in the hope your ‘enemy’ would mix the two of you up, unsure who to follow. It took a few seconds before you heard Jiyong run after Taemin. It worked. It always worked.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/4495 (because the poll isn't working)

Author's note: Please vote ^^ There will be Jaejoong/Ae moment anyway, so it's not an option in the poll!