Chapter 49

Are you drunk?

 

 
You went to the skating hall even though you protested it would be no fun for him, he didn’t let it stop you from going there. Once there, you rented a pair of skates. Your hands shivered in excitement as you tied the skates’ laces. You hadn’t done this for many years, but you longed to do it again. Skating was like flying, being able to move more free than running. Until the accident happened. Your hands stopped at that thought, and for a moment you remembered the pain you had suffered. ‘Nothing can go wrong this time.. No one will rush me.’ You thought and finished tying the laces. You then walked to the ice. Eunhyuk watched you from behind a small wall that was coated with matrass like, blue pillows to make sure you didn’t get hurt if you couldn’t brake in time.
 
“Show me some skate moves?” He asked when you skated up to him. You smiled, they weren’t called ‘skate moves’ but you could live through that. You nodded.
 
“I can try a short program.. It’s part of figure skating.” You said. Even if you could fall again, you wouldn’t. You wanted to show him, and you knew you could do it. He smiled and you skated to the middle of the ice. There were very few people on the ice. You started your short program. It included mostly step sequences and jumps. The step sequences were a lot like dancing, only a little harder since you could easily slide and fall. But you didn’t. You moved your feet as if you’d been practicing this for years. You had, but it had been a long time. The step sequence went perfect, and you made a lütz, a kind of jump. The routine went so good you thought you could even finish it this time. You sped up for the last jump, the triple axel. You would have to make three and a half rotations in the air and if you didn’t do it correctly you could seriously injure yourself. You glanced at Eunhyuk who was smiling happily, and jumped. For a moment you felt as if nothing moved, but you made the rotations perfectly and the landing went perfect. You felt very proud, very few women could ever do a triple axel. You then skated to Eunhyuk.
 
“That was so amazing.. Are you a professional skater when you’re not Taemin’s stand in?” He asked, joking slightly on the last part.
 
“I used to be.. But the last jump, when I last attempted it, I fell very hard and broke my foot. People thought I could never walk again, let alone skate. And Taemin prohibited me from ever doing it again. But I wanted it so much..” Eunhyuk smiled and pulled you closer, even though there was a wall between you.
 
“Now I see why you’re such a good dancer.. I can barely believe you when I see you move like that. I guess you must be tired now?” You nodded and he chuckled.
 
“Well, I’m getting a bit cold. Would you like something warm to drink?” You nodded and skated towards the exit. But before you could walk towards Eunhyuk of even take of your skates, you heard a loud scream.
 
“Ae!” Before you could see what was happening, you were pulled into a tight hug and you faintly recognized Yoochun’s scent.
 
“Don’t go away.. I thought you went away forever..” He said, you could hear that he was crying and looked up.
 
“I went after to you to see if you were okay, but you weren’t home. And Taemin was really pissed off, and yelled at me you weren’t there anymore.. I was really afraid you were gone..” You softly whipped away his tears. Poor Yoochun, you had left him alone with Jaejoong, and he still came to search for you.
 
“Mianhae Yoochun..”
 
“Ae, I love you, I honestly do.. I can bear with you being with another guy, but please don’t go.. Doesn’t matter what anyone says.” He said.
 
“Yah! Don’t confess to my girlfriend!” Eunhyuk shouted from behind you. You frowned. Eunhyuk knew you liked him. You couldn’t be mad with Yoochun, he was only being honest.
 
“I can do what I want!” Yoochun yelled at him. You tugged his sleeve and silently begged him not to. He sighed.
 
“What do you think you have the right to do that?” Eunhyuk went on, you glanced at him but he didn’t even see you anymore.
 
“I’ve known her longer than you have. You were just lucky.” Yoochun scoffed. This was going wrong. Really wrong, and you knew it. You tried to tell him but they continued shouting at each other. Eunhyuk grabbed your arm, probably to pull you to him, but he grabbed the wrong arm. It hurt, and because he was pulling very hard, it hurt a lot. You nearly dropped to your knees from the pain and tears filled your eyes.
 
“Let her go, you’re hurting her.” You didn’t look up to see who was speaking, you could hear clearly.
 
“What are you even doing here?!”
 
“I said to let her go!! Can’t you see she’s crying?!” The grip on your arm loosened and you dropped on your knees. Eunhyuk gave you a concerned and guilty look.
 
“Ae are you okay?” You nodded, you didn’t want to say anything. You wanted to go home. You wanted to go to Taemin. Oppa. Hands moved in front of you and pushed Eunhyuk away. Jaejoong kneeled in front of you and took your arm. He looked really concerned. He tried to roll your sleeve back but you struggled. Eunhyuk could not see this!
 
“I have to look at it.. Just let me, I promise I won’t hurt you.” Your struggling stopped, his voice was really soft. Nothing like the guy who had been yelling at you earlier today. You let him push your sleeve back, but not with pleasure. You didn’t look at your arm, but rather at Yoochun’s shoes. You heard both Eunhyuk and Yoochun gasp.
 
“Mianhae, I didn’t know..” Eunhyuk stammered. You didn’t reply but kept looking away.
 
“Let’s go home.” You blinked at Jaejoong who had put his right hand on your injured hand. You nodded and got up in silence.
 
“Ae.. I’m really sorry..” You nodded at Eunhyuk.
 
“It’s fine..” You said very softly, so your voice wouldn’t betray you. Yoochun didn’t say anything, but occasionally glanced at you. You gave the skates back and said goodbye to Eunhyuk after that. You hugged him to show you forgave him, but your arm still hurted.
 
“We should get you some ice..” Jaejoong said while sitting you down in his car, “you have to treat this. Don’t ignore it anymore.. Just tell me if you’re in pain.” You gave him a small smile. Yoochun had his own car there, and left without saying anything, you hoped he was alright.
 
“Before.. I hurt you again.. Did it get any better?” You shook your head.
 
“I don’t think it had enough time to heal..” You muttered. Jaejoong sighed.
 
“I shouldn’t have said the things I said, nor done the things I did.. I’m an idiot..” You shook your head but he ignored it, and drove off. On the way home you stopped and he bought some ice packs to put on your arm. You were thankful for that, it took the pain away. You just remembered Taemin was at home, probably not expecting you yet. And if he saw the bruise things would only get worse.
 
“Please don’t tell Taemin about this..” You whispered.
 
“I can’t promise that.. You shouldn’t hide an injury or it might get worse.”
 
“Taemin will get worse. I’d have to explain where it came from..”
 
“That’s fine.. I’ll admit it to him. He and I never got along, until a short time ago, then you showed up and we went back to normal. It’s really frustrating.. I liked that Taemin..” You felt both happy and hurt at that. You two could have been friends, but he couldn’t recognize you when you were Taemin.. There might not be anyone who could see it was you.
 
“Mianhae.. I shouldn’t have come here.” You said half numb. He didn’t answer you. When you got home you pulled your jacket over your bruised arm and walked inside. Jaejoong didn’t follow you, nor did he say goodbye. You opened the door and walked to the kitchen. Once you got there you didn’t know what you were going to do there. You felt really tired and just wanted to go to bed. You wrote a small note to Taemin and placed it on the table before walking to your room. You put the ice pack on the night stand next to your bed and lay down in bed. In what seemed like seconds you drifted off.
 
“Ae! Ae what’s wrong?!” You blinked and glanced at the worried face above you.
 
“Oppa.. Ahnyeong.” You said softly. He touched your forehead.
 
“Ae, you have a fever..” He said, “did you check your own temperature this morning? You know you usually get ill when I do..” You shook your head. You knew you would have gotten ill. But you couldn’t risk the day you were going to spend together.
 
“Ae.. You should have stayed home.. Is that an ice pack? Are you injured? Ae what happened?!”
 
“Aniyoh.. I’m not injured oppa.. Nothing happened.. I just feel really warm..What time is it?” Taemin glanced at his wrist, there was no watch.
 
“I’m not sure, but my guess is half past eight.. What do you want to eat for dinner? Or don’t you want to eat anything? Should I call a doctor?” You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh oppa.. I just want some water.. Oppa saranghae..” You muttered. He caressed your forehead, his hands were nice and cool.
 
“Saranghae dongsaeng..I’ll make sure you’re going to be okay.. I’ll get you some water.” You nodded and he walked out of the room. You saw light come from your pocket. You had actually fallen asleep with your clothes on, how weird. You tried to grab the light, it was your phone that told you you had ten missed calls and six new messages. You tried to see who had called you, but instead opened the first message.
 
From: Eunhyuk
 
‘Ae, how are you? I’m really really sorry.. I get it if you don’t want to talk to me right now. But please let me know you’re okay!’ You rubbed your temples and clicked the next message.
 
From: Yoochun
 
‘I’m really sorry for what I said.. I was being selfish. I just don’t want you to get hurt. Please don’t go away.. I hope you can forgive me.’ Of course you could.
 
From: Changmin
 
‘Ae, I just got time to tell you. Taemin is all better! But then he kicked me out of the house :( Tell him I’m mad with him.. No wait don’t do that he’ll kill me!’ You laughed softly at that. It hurt your throat. Poor Changmin. You wanted to reply but repressed that and checked the next text message.
 
From: Changmin
 
‘Why aren’t you answering me? Are you mad with me for leaving oppa alone? I swear he’s fine! Please answer me.’
 
From: Changmin
 
‘Ae I’m getting worried!Did you get kidnapped? Are you really mad with me? Please answer your phone! I swear I’ll make it up to you!’
 
From: Changmin
 
‘AE WHERE ARE YOU? PLEASE ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!’ Oh Dear. You checked the time it was sent. Twenty minutes ago. You quickly checked the missed calls. Two from Eunhyuk, one from an unknown number and seven from Changmin?! You pressed the call button and waited for the phone to ring. You were feeling really dizzy so you dropped on the bed, hoping it would stop moving.
 
“Ae! Thank God! Where are you? What’s going on? Why didn’t you answer me?!”
 
“Yoboseyo.. Mianhae Changmin.. I fell asleep..” You said, your voice sounded weird. Broken, as if you hadn’t used it in a long time so the sound it made was off.
 
“You sound really bad! Where are you?! How did you fall ill?!”
 
“Oppa and I are always sick shortly after one another.. I’m usually the last one to fall ill. I’m at home now, so don’t worry..”
 
“You’re my best friend! How can I not worry?!” You chuckled, it sounded weird.
 
“Gokjonghajima.. Oppa’s taking care of me.. I’m hanging up now..” You ended the phone call and your phone fell out of your hand on the floor. The room was moving, you closed your eyes in an attempt to make it stop. You heard footsteps. Oppa was back. Your hand was taken and formed around a cool glass. You blinked at Taemin.
 
“Can you sit up?” You nodded even though you weren’t sure. He helped you sit up and drink some water. 
 
“Would you like to move to the couch? There I can be a lot closer..” You nodded and tried to get on your feet, but he didn’t let you. Instead he carried you to the couch along with the blanket. On the couch you stared at the table. It was really warm.. You heard a vague sound behind you somewhere and wondered what it was.
 
“Go away! My sister is ill! No one’s allowed in here!” You heard Taemin yell. Then some footsteps and some muffled murmurs. 
 
“Ae.. I’m here now.. I’ll make sure you’ll feel better soon!” You glanced at Changmin in front of you. How did he get here so fast? You tried to say something but darkness came over you again and you fell asleep.
 
Author's note: I decided to make the text messages a little more clear. I feel even more sorry for Ae now, she's ill :(