Chapter 69

Are you drunk?

 

 

“Final round!” The game shouted. You felt slightly frustrated with the game. You knew this, you had played this game whenever you had gotten bored. The road in front of your kart turned into a muddy jungle road. You manouvered around the puddles easily and got a star that boosted you forwards.

“Turbo activated!” What? You glanced at Jaejoong who was smiling happily. You quickly turned back to your kart and was just able to stop it from sliding off the track. Jaejoong’s kart boosted past you. You quickly sped up and tried to catch up with him. But you failed and he passed the finish before you could. You sighed as you put the controler down.

“You hate to lose at your favourite game.” You glanced at Jaejoong.

“Why are you saying all of those things?” You asked, not sure if you wanted to hear the answer. Suppose it was ‘to distract you’. It was working.

“I’m memorizing everything I know about you.” He said, your hair softly.

“Can’t you write it down instead of talking out loud? It sounds a little creepy.” He smiled.

“If I write it down it looks creepy. And I won.” You blushed. What was with him? He pulled you closer and leaned in. His hair brushed against your face, it tickled. Before anything else could happen, you heard someone unlock the door.

“That’s oppa.. Hide.” You said, recognizing the rythym of the footsteps. Though he did seem out of it.. You smiled. Maybe he’d confessed to IU? Jaejoong jumped behind the couch as it was the best hiding place right now. You tried not to laugh at it. Taemin walked past you, mumbling a hello before entering his room.

“That was really weird..” You muttered. Two strong arms pulled you into a back hug.

“Agreed, he looks as if he’s in love.” Jaejoong muttered behind you. You tried to get out of his hold but he pretended not to notice your struggles. You knew he was pretending because you heard him laugh at you.

“You’re not going anywhere.. As he is now, he’s not going to disturb us.. I’m claiming my price.” You laughed.

“For that you’ll have to turn me around pabo..” You whispered.

“I know.. Your hair smells like lavendel.. But only slightly. I also detect mint.” You coughed.

“Stating facts again?” He nodded.

“I hope I’ll know everything about you one day.” You almost fell, but he was holding you so you didn’t.

“I hope not! My life is embarrassing.” You muttered. He laughed.

“But it’s you.. It’s probably just cute.” You blushed slightly and struggled.

“Please don’t run away from me.” He muttered, causing you to stop struggling.

“I wasn’t running away..” You whispered, a little embarrassed.

“Will you promise me that?” He asked.

“Wae?” You asked, turning your head to face him.

“I had a nightmare.. I don’t want it to become reality..” You blinked.

“I saw you talking to Lin today..” You said. He nodded.

“Yunho said so.. I have some explaining to do.. After some days she contacted me again.. She said she wanted to stay friends.. She is smart but cruel.. She knew I was hurting too much to refuse.. Even if I was aware she only wanted to be around me for Yunho, and Taemin.”

“Who was me at that time.” You said. He smiled sadly at that.

“She wasn’t smart enough to see that.. But I think no one was..” You nodded. Changmin had only been able to tell you two apart since he learnt the secret, and Yunho only found out by accident.

“But anyway.. I started to develop these feelings for you.. Who I thought was Taemin at first. So when the real you came into the picture it confused me.. I was mad at myself for liking you while also liking the fake Taemin that had been you.. Don’t tell him any of this.. I don’t want to be laughed at.” You nodded, waiting for him to continue.

“Because of these feelings, I knew I couldn’t be around Lin anymore. It was fine when she pretended to be jealous when I was.. Not feeling what I feel now. But I can’t have that anymore now.. So I ended everything between us. I hope it didn’t hurt you.. I didn’t know that you saw us..” You nodded, feeling close to crying but also happy.

“It’s okay.. There’s just a lot of things on my mind.. Ah, I have to get my phone.” He pulled you closer.

“Price comes first.” You blushed and stuck out your tongue.

“Mehrong.. I’m getting my phone back first.” Jaejoong shook his head and pecked your cheek.

“I’ll just be patient for the sake of your phone.” He said jokingly. You smiled and jumped up from the couch when his grip loosened and walked into Taemin’s room.

“Oppa, give me back my phone.” You said, holding his up. He turned around, he had been on the computer. You suspected him of researching his girlfriend, but decided to be nice and not bring it up.

“Right, here you go.” He said, rather dazed handing you your phone as you tossed his to the bed. He then turned back to the computer. Love struck idiot. You had to call Yui. You walked out of his room but before you could even switch the phone on, you were pulled into a hug again.

“I have to call someone now..” He sighed.

“I’ll go home then.. You need your rest.” You smiled softly.

“Kamsahamnida.. Good night.” He nodded.

“You too.” He kissed your forehead and walked away. You blinked a few times. He didn’t stop once and closed the door behind him when he left. ‘My heart is beating so fast..’ You put a hand on your chest and felt your heart beat very hard. After some minutes you dialed Yui’s number that was in your phone’s history.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoboseyo, it’s me.” You said, trying to sound casual. She giggled on the other side of the phone.

“Ae! I’m really happy to hear from you..” She sang, “how have you been? And why did it take you so long to call me back? You don’t have a boyfriend do you? No Taemin would have killed the guy before he could even come near you..” You laughed nervously.

“Aniyoh.. I have been working.. Yui, something happened.” You had to tell her. You braced yourself.

“Omo! Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?”She yelled in a worried tone.

“Aniyoh, Yui. It’s about oppa..” You said, trying to get the words over your lips. You could only pray she wouldn’t be hurt too much.

“What about him? I saw one of his MV’s on the street. Such a bratty kid has he become..”

“I know.. He has a new girlfriend..” You stopped and waited. For a few seconds Yui didn’t say anything.

“So? I never expected him not to you know? I’ve been away for years..”You sighed. So it did hurt her.

“He’s going on a tour soon..” You muttered, trying to change the subject.

“My poor chingu! Are you going to be all alone now?! How horrible! You should move in with me! I found a house you know?!”You smiled, she really didn’t sound sad. Maybe she really was over Taemin. After all, Yui was a really strong girl.

“Really? That’s great! I’ll come visit you soon! Definitely.. But I have to work the whole week.. It’s really hard work.” You giggled softly. Talking to Yui felt completely natural and went so easy. You couldn’t feel awkward about it even if it had been years since you’d last seen her.

“That’s okay.. What do you do for a living anyway?”She asked.

“Can you keep a secret? It’s nothing creepy I promise, it’s just that my life will be at stake if anyone finds out.” You said, remembering SHINee was continuing to rise in popularity.

“Ne, you know me Ae.. Tell me I’m curious!”You laughed at her childish command.

“Alright.. Did you hear about SHINee?” You asked. There was some silence on the other side of the phone.

“Shiny?”She asked. She hadn’t heard about them. You chuckled.

“Aniyoh. They’re a group. They’re getting more popular. I work as their assistant manager. But because of my safety I have to dress up like a guy.. This weekend I’m going to shop for boy’s clothes with the maknae because I can’t borrow Taemin’s clothes at all times. It would look to suspicious. Oh, and the maknae is also called Taemin though he is way cuter than oppa! He’s three years younger than we are so don’t get any ideas!” Yui laughed on the other side of the line.

“Aigoo, how nice. Could I come with you maybe? I can pretend to be your girlfriend.”She laughed, she was joking obviously. You smiled.

“I’ll ask him if it’s okay with him. I’m also pretending to be his cousin you know?” She nodded.

“Kya! I just searched for them, but I found a picture of you! I know it’s you! Even if you’re dressed as a guy. I’m going to watch this video! It says Master Challenge, is that a variety show?”You gulped. That show had been from that time when you were acting out a small drama.. It was too embarrassing!

“Yah! It is, please don’t, you’ll laugh!” She chuckled.

“I like laughing. I wouldn’t make fun of you unnie.. And I have to find out who these guys are right?”You heard cheers on the background and guessed she had started the show.

“Omo! Is that.. It’s you! Unnie you look adorable like that!” She yelled happily through the phone, “why are those girls glaring at you like that? Ah! She winked at you! Gross!”

“Ne, it is. That’s why I pretend to be little Taemin’s overprotective hyung that doesn’t have any interest in girls at all.” You said laughing softly.

“Unnie you’re great! Can I be your pretend girlfriend?”You laughed at her.

“Yui-ah.. Did you hear about Dong Bang Shin Ki.. I think in Japan they’re called Tohoshinki?” You asked, remembering you’d introduce them.

“Ne, I do.. You know them don’t you? Don’t try to hide it from me I can smell it!”You chuckled.

“Unnie you’re being ridiculous, you can’t smell that from such a long distance. But yes, I know them. Would you like me to introduce them to you?”

“Ne.. But, this is a little embarrassing. Unnie, is Hero a guy? I mean.. I think he is but he seems so girly.. You know the one who’s usually in the middle?”You laughed at her. Really hard. Hero, who was Jaejoong, a girl?

“Unnie! Don’t laugh at me please! I just wanted to know..” You stopped laughing.

“Mianhae, he is. I call him Jaejoong. Most people do. You might want to address them by their real names.” You said, “so Max is Changmin, he’s also my best friend, Micky is Yoochun, Xiah is Junsu and U-know is Yunho.” You said, flipping through a magazine to find their stage names.

“U-know is Yunho..”She repeated after you. You noticed the dreamy sound in her voice.

“Do you like him?” You asked, she giggled softly.

“Mianhae.. Ae you don’t like him do you? I know I don’t stand a chance! Unnie please..-”

“Yah! Cut it out already.. Mianhae, oppa rubs off on me. I don’t like U-know, he’s like appa to me.. You can have him.” You said half jokingly.

“Ae, there is someone you like, ne?” How did she know that? You weren’t even sure about your feelings.

“How did you know?” You asked.

“I could hear it.. You sound happy, much happier than the last time.”

 

Author's note: This was mostly and explaining chapter, and introducing Yui ^^ Changmin will have to battle her for the attention of Ae :P I didn't even plan to make the phone call that long, it just happened like in real life my phone calls usually last too long :P