Chapter 59

Are you drunk?

 

 
“Hyung!” Little Taemin screeched behind him. Key looked up and noticed him.
 
“Ahnyeong Taemin.” Little Taemin happily glomped you.
 
“You made hyung come here! I’m so happy! Umma give me a hug!” He cheered, turning to Key who gladly hugged him. ‘This kid is officially a born actor!’ You thought, ‘I never want to get into trouble with him!’ The boy smiled and grabbed your hand.
 
“Noona, are you my hyung today?” You shook your head while eyeing Key who was looking aorund for Minho to get his bag. You smiled at that, at least you were safe for now. Or so you thought. Key suddenly pulled a comb out of his pocket and started combing your hair.
 
“Key hyung! Please make her my hyung again!”  Little Taemin pleaded. Taemin eyed you.
 
“Is that a good idea?” He asked.
 
“Dangyunhaji! Guys won’t flirt with her.. As much.” You chuckled at that, but stopped when you felt Key tug your hair. It meant you weren’t standing still. You sighed and little Taemin laughed at you. Taemin gave you a reassuring smirk. It meant ‘gokjonghajima, he’ll suffer by my hands if I have to chop them off and feed them to him.’ Not very reassuring.
 
“Taemin! Let’s go on a ride!” He exclaimed, happily swinging his arms in the air. ‘Taemin that’s suspicious!’ You thought, but kept silent. Little Taemin gave Key his famous cute pleading look, otherwise known as the puppy eyes of doom.
 
“Umma, are you coming with us? I promise you can change noona into hyung!”
 
“You can’t promise that!”
 
“Deal!” You glared at Key who happily recieved his bag from Minho. You gave him a pleading look.
 
“Please keep him away from me?” He shook his head. What Key wants, Key gets. Coward. Taemin should definitely torture him too. But he’s too athletic to get embarassed during a splash battle. ‘I know!!!’ You smiled and took Minho’s hand.
 
“I’ll see you in a few, I want to go on a special ride with Minho!” You said in your most innocent voice. Minho stared at you, he knew he was in trouble. Big trouble. Big, pretty, pink, princess trouble! You practically skipped the way there. He stopped as soon as the merry-go-round came into sight.
 
“No! I’m not going on that thing! Never in my life!” He shouted, getting a lot of attention, which was perfect for your plotting. When you knew everyone was looking you gave him a sad look while holding both his hands.
 
“Mianhae oppa.. I was so selfish.. I just thought it looked so cute..” You said as if you were going to cry. His eyes widened.
 
“Yah! If you’re her boyfriend go on the ride with her!” An elder lady yelled at him.
 
“But I’m not.. Ae tell them...-” He was interupted by a familiar voice.
 
“Ahnyeonghaseyo Ae, such a coincidence for us to meet here.” You turned around.
 
“Yunho oppa!” You said happily, you felt the evil Taemin had leaked into you slide away. Minho sighed as people gave him stares. This caught your attention.
 
“Everyone, please don’t be mad at my friend!” You shouted and turned back to Yunho. He smiled.
 
“You did the right thing.” He said, “where did Junsu and Changmin go?” 
 
“They’re probably with oppa.. I think we have to save Key.” You said, noticing that if Changmin and Junsu acted like you thought they would, Key and Jonghyun would probably drown. Changmin would out of lazyness and not wanting to get on Taemin’s bad side pick Taemin’s side, and Junsu would probably join him because he knew Taemin and Changmin were more atheletic. And little Taemin had already picked Taemin’s side ever since he met him. You glanced at Minho beside you who smirked.
 
“I’ll save them!” You dashed for the splash battle where Changmin was calmly holding Key back who was tryng to run away.
 
“I don’t want to get messed up! Let me go! Let me go!!” Jonghyun tried not to laugh at him.
 
“Ae! We need four players on a team! Can you.. Hi Yunho, Minho.” Taemin smiled happily. Yunho laughed.
 
“Minho and me are with Jonghyun and Key. That way we’ll be even.” Yunho said calmly. Junsu pouted slightly at that, but then shrugged.
 
“What’s Ae going to do?” He asked. You chuckled.
 
“I’m going to stay away from the splash battle.. I’ll get you all something warm okay?” Taemin nodded, ignoring whatever other people had to say in this matter. You were his dongsaeng and no one was more connected to you than he was.
 
“Ae, Jaejoong is around here somewhere too.. If you could find him for me I’d appreciate it.. He tends to get carried off.” Yunho said softly while hugging you. You nodded, not even a clue as to where you’d find him. 
 
“Off my dongsaeng!” Taemin yelled and Yunho chuckled.
 
“You guys are all on the wrong team, our team gets to hug Ae because Taemin already hates us.” Jonghyun said jokingly, this caused Taemin to chase him and they finally entered the splash battle. You waved at them and gave them thumbs up before wandering off. ‘If I was Jaejoong, where would I go?’ You thought, ‘if Yunho says carried away.. Does he mean Jaejoong likes roller coasters?’ You checked some lines, but couldn’t see him. You became thirsty from searching and decided to get some tea at a stand.
 
“I’d like some tea please?” You said when you found a stand. The clerk smiled at you and got you some.
 
“There you go.. You have a familiar face you know?” You laughed softly.
 
“Maybe I do.. People tell me that often. Thank you, here you go.” You handed him the money. He laughed.
 
“Could I maybe see your aegyo?” You felt slightly embarassed when he asked that, but before you could answer you heard a noise behind you.
 
“Yah!” You turned at that familiar sound. Jaejoong?
 
“Ahnyeong Jae.. Oppa.” You figured it would only attract attention if you said his name out loud. He took your hand.
 
“Why are you all by yourself? It’s dangerous..” You sighed and shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh.. I’m not by myself I just have to wait until the others are finished punishing someone.” You said while taking your tea off the counter. Jaejoong raised an eyebrow,
 
“Who tacked off your oppa? That’s not a smart thing to do.” He said.
 
“Someone with an obsession for my hair.” You said, also not wanting to say Key out loud. Jaejoong smirked and tugged your arm softly.
 
“Let’s go.. You should sit down while you drink.” He said and pulled you along. You knew resistence would be futile so you just followed him. His hands were rather soft, he wasn’t hurting you in any way. You sat down on a bench some distance away from the stand. You sipped your tea in silence while he said nothing.
 
“Do you like roller coasters?” You asked nervously, trying to break the tenseness between you. He didn’t reply. 
 
“Do you like them?” He asked after a while. You nodded vaguely and sipped your tea again. Your eyes widened as you heard a child cry. You immediately got up and spotted the child. A young boy with a green jacket sat on the ground crying, he seemed for too young to be alone.
 
“That kid lost his parents..” You said, when you glanced at Jaejoong he was already heading towards the kid. You ran after him and you both kneeled in front of the boy.
 
“Ahnyeonghaseyo. Did you get lost?” You asked, not really sure what to do. He stopped crying for a moment, and then cried harder.
 
“Umma!! Appa!” He cried and grabbed your right and Jaejoong’s left hand, “umma!” You softly placed a hand on the child’s back. You felt a tingle when your hand touched Jaejoong’s behind his back. You shortly glanced at him, then back at the boy.
 
“Ssh, we’ll find your parents.” You said, “gokjonghajima.” 
 
“We promise.” Jaejoong added. You exchanged a look with him.
 
“Let’s call for his parents.” You said softly. Jaejoong nodded and you both gave the boy a hand, so he could walk inbetween you, which wasn’t a very good idea. Jaejoong was too tall and the boy got tired very quickly. You then picked him up, but he reached out for Jaejoong. When you gave him to Jaejoong, he raeched out for you. Finally you and Jaejoong walked close together while you carried the boy. You focused on the boy, but you kept feeling stares from people, wondering if you were a young family. You brushed it off.
 
“What’s you name?” You asked. The boy mumbled something you couldn’t understand. You glanced at Jaejoong who shook his head. He didn’t catch it either. You felt your arms getting a little tired, but didn’t want to say anything about it. Jaejoong put an arm around your shoulder and supported your arms with the other arm. You wondered how he’d known that.
 
“We’re here.. I’ll ask them, you stay with him.” Jaejoong said softly while sitting you down on a bench. You nodded and talked with the boy. That meant you asking questions like ‘do you like yellow?’ and the boy muttering something you most of the time couldn’t make out. After a few minutes Jaejoong came out of the office and sat down next to you.
 
“They’re announcing it through the park now, we should stay here.” He said. You nodded, and noticed the boy staring at the playground in front of you.
 
“Would you like to go there?” You and Jaejoong asked at the same time. The boy smiled and nodded. You both gave him a hand and entered the playground. You put the boy in on a swing with a special safety seat for small children and Jaejoong pushed him. The boy cheered happily, and you laughed softly.
 
“Are you okay?” Jaejoong asked. You nodded.
 
“Ne.. Would you like to go off the slide?” You asked the boy who was now pouting. He nodded and reached out for you to lift him up. You got him out of the safety seat and climbed up to the slide. You put him on your lap and signaled for Jaejoong to stand at the lower end of the slide.
 
“Ready? Go!” You said and you went down the slide. The boy cheered happily and Jaejoong lifted him from your lap when you got down.
 
“Aigoo..” He said while hugging the boy softly. You smiled at the picture and got up. Jaejoong was already climbing up the slide again and they went down together too. You smiled and got the boy from his arms.
 
“Was that fun?” You asked, smiling brightly. 
 
“Ne!” The boy shouted and you laughed. After riding the slide some more you put him down as he noticed a bucket in the sand and wanted to play with it. You let him and sat down on the wall around the playground. Jaejoong sat down next to you.
 
“He’s cute.. But exhausting too..” You said and gave him a smile. Jaejoong stred at you for a second, then smiled too.
 
“He is.. But I’d definitely want a kid like that... Later.. I want to be a good father for sure.” You smiled.
 
“You will be. You make a nice instant-appa already.” He sighed and nodded.
 
“I know, but there’s so much more that comes with being a parent.. You also have to be strict with the kid, and you have to cheer them up when they’re scared. There’s so much more, I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it.” You smiled and extended your pinkie.
 
“Promise me you’ll have more confidence in yourself! You already cheered him up.. You’ll make a good appa.” He entwined pinkies with you and nodded.
 
“Here they are.” You turned at that sound, the operator from the help desk was behind you, and with him was a couple of which the woman looked like she’d been crying, and the man looked as if he’d run through the amusement park five times in a row.
 
“Won Shin!!” The woman cried and ran for the kid.
 
“Umma!” The boy almost jumped in her arms and the man bowed to you.
 
“Thank you so much for finding out son.. If there’s anything you need ever..” You shook your head.
 
“No it’s fine. He was a good kid and we’re glad you found him.” You said. Jaejoong nodded.
 
“It was no trouble at all.” He added and you bowed to him and the woman.
 
“Ahnyeong umma, ahnyeong appa!” The boy mumbled and waved at you as the couple carried him off. You waved at him and sighed when he was gone. You turned to Jaejoong and felt a spark in your chest.
 
“That was.. Fun. I think..” You said. He nodded.
 
“Ne.. You’re a good parent too..” He said. You blushed slightly and stared at him.
 
“We should go back to the others.. They’re probably missing us..” You muttered. He nodded and took your hand. Quite some time had passed by since you found Won Shin and you were sure oppa and the others already left the splash battle. You hoped they wouldn’t be upset with you.
 
“Ae! Where were you? And why’s he with you?!” Little Taemin yelled as soon as you came near them. You didn’t notice oppa with him. In answer to your unasked question, Yunho said he’d gone to the help office to have people call for you.
 
“We just went there.. We found a small boy who had lost his parents so we took him there.” You said, scratching the back of your neck.
 
“You’re still going to get it from me.” Key said, his hair was soaked, and he was carrying a bag that seemed to hold some wet clothes. You felt guilty when you saw Minho not only holding a bag of his own but also Key’s bag of horror.
 
“Mianhae.. I never meant to..-”
 
“Tomorrow you’re my doll.” Key said, sounding way to happy to be saying something that grave. You sighed but guessed you had no choice. Suddenly you felt someone jump on your back, someone heavy.
 
“Changmin get off me!” You shouted, having trouble to stay up.
 
“Aww, how’d you know it was me?” He asked while walking around you.
 
“Because we’re best friends!” You said, you weren’t really sure why you knew. It just seemed like him to do that. He smiled and pulled you into a hug.
 
“We were really cool! We totally beat hyung and the others!” He said happily and rested his head on yours, you could feel him smile. 
 
“I never doubted you Changmin!” You said and hugged him tightly. He let up and smiled at you.
 
“So tell me about the kid? How long were you babysitting?” You laughed softly.
 
“Changmin, it was fun.. I’m not really sure how long we were with him, do you?” You said while turning to Jaejoong. Jaejoong frowned, he didn’t know either.
 
“It was really fun.. Really relaxing.” Jaejoong said and smiled. You nodded.
 
“All right.. What say we go on one last ride before we leave?” You said, “it’s almost time for dinner.” 
 
“I’m in!” Minho yelled happily.
 
“Me too!” Junsu, little Taemin and Jonghyun said. Key pouted.
 
“I’ll go too..” Yunho said smiling warmly. He managed to sound five years older than the rest, though admitted he was five years older than Key and Minho. Changmin shook his head. You turned to Jaejoong.
 
“What about you?” You asked. He nodded.
 
“Sure.. Shouldn’t we wait for Taemin too?” You took out your phone and dialed Taemin’s number.
 
“Yoboseyo oppa, where are you?” You asked as soon as he picked up.
 
“I’m just getting back to everyone.. I guess you already found them?”
 
“Ne, we’re going on one last ride, but then we have to get dinner.” You said.
 
“Good, I’ll meet you at the roller coaster, which one are you going on?” You covered the phone for a moment with your hand and glanced at the guys.
 
“What ride are we going on?” You asked.
 
“Demon’s drop.” Little Taemin said immediately. Minho and Jonghyun immediately agreed with him and Junsu shrugged. Yunho just gave you his trademark smile, he’d be okay with anything as he was the more mature one. You glanced at Jaejoong behind you who nodded.
 
“Demon’s drop it is.” You said, you could practically see him smirk.
 
“Who’s idea was that?”
 
“Taemin’s.”
 
“I like the way his mind works.. I’ll meet you there.” With that he hung up. You chuckled softly.
 
“Taemin you’re officially liked by oppa, and that only happens to few people.” You told him. He smiled happily and skipped off to Demon’s drop. Demon’s drop was a pretty short ride which basically consisted of the largest rollercoaster drop in the world. Though it wasn’t as high as Death’s Ride, the track actually went underground and the drop was the steepest in the world. The drop was from 450 feet and the carts stopped shortly before dropping. It was really thrilling. You walked to the ride and found it almost abandoned. Taemin was already there and waved at you. You smiled as he and little Taemin got in the front cart. Behind them a hyperactive Junsu and a calm Yunho sat down. Minho and Jonghyun sat down behind them, which left you and Jaejoong behind them. You waved at Changmin and Key. Changmin waved back and Key stuck out his tongue. Then the ride started. You were slowly going up. You glanced at Jaejoong beside you.
 
“We’re almost there.” You said. He nodded. Then the cart stopped and you had reached the top.
 
“Ae?” You turned and faced him. He softly kissed you. It was only possible because you were leaning his way and he was leaning your way.
 
“I like you.” Before you could say anything the cart dropped down at highest speed, but the feeling didn’t come close to the strange feeling in your stomache.