Chapter 95

Are you drunk?

 

 

“Oppa.. How many things happened in the past?” You asked, staring out of the window. Taemin moved slightly and pulled you closer.

 

“Things happened. You’ll remember then in time..”

 

"Are you two symbiotic twins or something?" You turned your head and glanced at the boy in the door. You didn't recognize him.

 

"What does symbithingy even mean?" Taemin asked with an annoyed face, clearly annoyed with the boy. He smiled softly and you realized he didn't mean to be rude.

 

"That means we tend to stay together because we can't bear to be apart." Taemin smiled at you and patted your head.

 

"In that case we're symbisomething."

 

"Symbiotic."

 

"I don't care what you say Hyunseung." The boy chuckled.

 

"Yah.. Aren't you even going to reintroduce me?" You blinked and glanced at the boy curiously.

 

"Have we met?" Taemin stepped in front of you and spread his arms.

 

"Not a step closer you leech.." He growled but he was obviously less angry with Hyunseung than with Eunhyuk.

 

"Taemin I'm.. Oh more visitors! Sorry Hyunseung, if I had known you would be here I would have brought something for you.. Ae here's cake!" You smiled at Jiyong who calmly ignored Taemin's angry glare and sat on the bed. You smiled and he softly ruffled your hair.

 

"How are you feeling today?" You tilted your head and giggled.

 

"I'm good really! I'm so happy you're here. Taemin's hiding things from me." You pouted. Jiyong chuckled and opened the bag for you.

 

"He probably has a good reason.. Here you go!"

 

"Apple cake!!" You screamed in enthusiasm before giving Jiyong an apologetic look.

 

"Never mind it. I knew you'd like it. We ate apple cake before you know? Taemin come sit down with us." Taemin smirked and sat down next to Jiyong. He shortly turned his head to Hyunseung.

 

"Piss off." You coughed at his foul language.

 

"Oppa.." You hissed. He smiled innocently at you.

 

"Yes Ae?" You pouted and Jiyong laughed.

 

"You guys make cute twins you know?" He got plastic plates from the bag and put slices of apple cake on them. He then handed you one of the plates and a plastic fork.

 

"They wouldn't allow me to take real cutlery inside.. These people are too stressed, why would I want to harm my all time favourite..-"

 

"Jiyong you're moving on dangerous grounds.."

 

"- dongsaeng. What did you think I was going to say Tae Tae?" Taemin blushed in embarrassment and attempted to hit Jiyong's head but Jiyong leaned back just in time so Taemin ended up hitting the air.

 

"Don't call me Tae Tae."

 

"Why not Tae Tae?" You giggled at Jiyong's pretend innocence. Taemin glared at him but Jiyong ignored him. “Taste it Ae! I know you like it!” He tilted his head and you chuckled. You took a bite.

 

“Ah! It’s really good..” Jiyong smiled and did a half dance while sitting.

 

“I told you so! Ne Hyunseung are you going to stay there or are you going to interact a little?” Hyunseung chuckled and walked closer. You saw the muscles in Taemin’s arms tense up, ready to jump up and attack when needed. You wondered what exactly had happened to make him like this. You took his hand and looked at him. He seemed tired. He sighed and pulled you into a hug, spilling the cake you had but that was okay because the sheets were clean and the cake didn’t have frosting or whipped cream on it.

 

“Oppa must really be tired..” You whispered. He nodded slightly. You looked at Jiyong and Hyunseung with a small smile.

 

“Mianhae, I’m really happy that you’re here but I think that I need some time alone with oppa.” Jiyong smiled and patted your head.

 

“That’s okay, I’ll come by first thing tomorrow morning. Make that second, I want breakfast. Stay safe arasso?” You nodded. He ruffled your hair shortly and then slid off the bed while dragging Hyunseung with him shouting something about eating outside. You put your arms around Taemin and rubbed your cheek against his.

 

“Oppa, gwenchana?”

 

“Go ywa yo.” You felt him shake, he was crying. You pulled him closer and held him as tight as you could.

 

“Oppa.. Uljima.. Saranghae.” He held the back of your shirt tightly and you felt his tears drop on your back.

 

“Mianhae.. You’re the most precious girl I have.. And you got injured. It’s my fault. I should have protected you better. If it hadn’t been for me you wouldn’t ever be hurt.”

 

“That’s not true! I love you and I love being with you. You’re the closest person to my heart.. Being away from you would hurt me so much more than a mere concussion.” He let up and looked at you with red eyes. You couldn’t bear it. You brought your hand up to his face and he took it in his hand gently.

 

“All I wanted was for us to be together like we used to be. I can’t understand that it’s so impossible.” You shook your head and pulled his other hand against your face, copying his action.

 

“It’s not impossible. Oppa, I’ll work hard and become stronger so I can always be with you.” He sighed.

 

“I hate seeing you like this. You’re so fragile.. And that guy isn’t helping.”

 

“Can’t you just call him Eunhyuk? It’s been so long already..” Taemin shook his head.

 

“That’s what you think. It’s because you don’t remember. Things are so wrong right now.. I’ll make things better again. That’s my job as your twin.” You held his hand tighter and rubbed your head against it.

 

“Oppa, don’t do stupid things. Saranghae.” He wiped his face with his sleeves and sighed.

 

“I won’t. You too. Things aren’t like you remember them. I’ll go finish my tour soon but after that it’s just me and you until everything’s back to normal.” You chuckled.

 

“It feels normal already when you’re like that.” Taemin smiled and glanced at the cake mischievously.

“Should we eat it without informing Jiyong? Someone needs to teach him a lesson about bringing presents for my sister..” You laughed softly and cut a small piece of your cake.

 

“Oppa, say aaah.”

 

“Aaah~” You fed him the cake. He smiled.

 

“It’s good. Me too! Say aah~”

 

“Aaah~” Taemin softly touched your chin to make sure the cake wouldn’t fall as he fed you. You smiled while chewing and were happy Taemin seemed to be feeling better. You played games with him for a little while before he left because of schedules. He seemed to be feeling better and didn’t even yell at his manager. You waved at him cheerfully from the bed and but Jiyong’s bag along with the other things he brought on the night stand and glanced out of the window.

 

“Ahnyeong Ae. How are you feeling today?” You turned your head and smiled at Eunhyuk who had appeared in the door.

 

“I’m good. And you oppa?” He smiled with sorrow in his eyes and walked closer.

 

“I’m good too.. How was your day?” You smiled.

 

“It was okay. Taemin oppa stopped by and we had so much fun! Jiyong oppa came back too and he had cake with him. But then Taemin made him leave so we could eat it together. I feel sorry for Jiyong though.. He said he’d come back tomorrow. Do you think I can get a cake for him somewhere here? Does the hospital have a kitchen I could use?” Eunhyuk gently your hair as you talked, or rather, brabbled. You felt a shock and something came up in your head. You remembered someone brushing your hair. And again. It was a soft feeling. Who was that? You couldn’t remember more. You sighed and Eunhyuk sat down next to you.

 

“Gwenchana? You must be tired.” You nodded slightly. He caressed your forehead softly before kissing it.

 

“Oppa, did something happen?” You asked, “in the time I don’t remember.. Did anything happen?” Eunhyuk smiled sadly and touched your cheek. You weren’t sure why but somehow you felt a little weird.

 

“Things happened. You’ll have to remember them yourself.. I don’t want you to get in shock..” You nodded.

 

“Oppa.. Did I befriend many people?” He nodded.

 

“You did.. A lot of people like you a lot you know? You’re just too cute.” He smiled and moved a little closer, “it’s so unfair..” You blushed and looked down.

 

“Smile pretty girl..”He said in English. You laughed softly and pulled the blanket up to your knees.

 

“Eunhyuk-shi.. Can I have a word with her?” You looked up at that voice. Jaejoong. You looked down, praying that Eunhyuk would say no. Why would he say yes? He had no reason to, right? Eunhyuk softly touched your face.

 

“Ae, I’ll leave you with him for now. I’ll be just around the corner okay?” You nodded. Awkwardly Jaejoong came closer. He stared at Eunhyuk as he walked out of the room. He sighed before sitting down next to your bed.

 

“So.. Do you need anything?” You asked after a short silence. He looked at you with sad eyes. You fel hurt inside.

 

“If it’s okay, let me hold you, just for a bit..” You blinked. Hold you? Why? You felt shivers travel down your back but nodded. His expression was just too sad. You thought it wouldn’t be too dangerous. Jaejoong slowly got up and sat down next to you on the bed and pulled you against his chest. He sighed and rocked you gently.

 

“Your hair smells like lavendel and mint..” He whispered. You nodded slightly, not really sure why he was saying these kind of things.

 

“You like racing games the best.. And you know every single code to cheat. You’re good at games... You hate to lose at your favourite games.. Your smile is beautiful.” You shivered and turned your head to face him. He smiled softly.

 

“Jaejoong..” He caressed your head softly.

 

“That’s right.. I don’t deserve it.. It was all my fault after all. I should have protected you better.”

 

“What are you all talking about? What’s going on? Protect me against what? Why does everyone keep saying that? Why does everyone seem to hate Eunhyuk-oppa? And why was Taemin so mad with Key?” Jaejoong leaned closer while pulling you closer. His voice was a whisper.

 

“Because they stole you from me..”