Chapter 74

Are you drunk?

 

 
You grabbed Taemin’s phone from the floor before Junsu or anyone else could see it.
 
“Yah, what’s in the text message?” Junsu whine. You didn’t answer him but held the phone close to you.
 
“Oppa, It’s not what it sounds like.” You didn’t know what was exactly in the text but you had a pretty good guess. You peeked at it and your suspicions were confirmed.
 
“How the hell..” You flinched at his language, “can this be interpretated the wrong way?!” Taemin yelled.
 
“Han Taemin! Don’t you yell at her!!” You blinked as you saw Yui in the door. Taemin’s jaw dropped but he quickly closed his mouth.
 
“Yui.. When did you get here?” She smiled while wrapping her arms around you in a protective manner.
 
“If you really want to kill someone, go kill Eunhyuk. That bastard tried to force her into dating him again.” Yui said coldly, almost spitting the name out. You heard a loud noise and upon looking discovered it was Jaejoong who had hit the kitchen table with his fist.
 
“When did this happen?” He asked, it was funny how he and Taemin were in the exact same mood right now. Taemin glanced at him.
 
“Truce?”He offered. Jaejoong nodded.
 
“Let’s go skin the bastard.” Both of them left the house without another word.
 
“Yah! I don’t want my oppa to become a murderer!” You yelled and ran to your room and locked yourself inside. You heard people bang on the door but ignored it. You took a deep breath and dialed Eunhyuk’s number, he had to be safe.
 
“Yoboseyo..” His voice sounded so fragile.
 
“Eunhyuk.. Taemin-oppa and Jaejoong are kind of upset with you.. And they just left the house. Are you somewhere safe?”
 
“I’m inside our dorm. None of the guys are really happy with me but they won’t let me get killed I think. Thank you for worrying about me Ae.. I know that you’re right. I hope you’ll forgive me one day. I love you.” You felt nauseous with guilt when he said that.
 
“Mianhae oppa.. I already forgave you. No matter how much it hurts, we really have to let go now. If they really do get there, mention Key. It’ll distract Taemin. Especially if you mention that the other members only got home at five.” You muttered.
 
“I will. Kamsahamnida.. Goodbye Ae.” You could barely repress a sob and mumbled an agreeing sound. And now for the saving of Key. You glanced at the text message that Taemin had received.
 
From: Jonghyun
 
‘Hi hyung! Just to express my loyalty, and because I’m angry at Key I’m letting you in on a secret. When I got home Key was sitting on top of your sister who was handcuffed to the couch. She said she’d been handcuffed there since she got there. And that her legs hurt. He must have been sitting on her all day. Just thought you’d like to know that, bye hyung!’ That evil bastard. You liked that he wanted to help but it was kind of cowardish to rat Key out like this. He was just scared of Taemin himself. You quickly dialed Key’s number.
 
“Yoboseyo? Key something urgent came up!” You said as soon as the phone was answered.
 
“Ae? What is it? Are you okay?” He sounded a lot calmer than he had the whole day. You guessed he was tired.
 
“I’m just fine.. You’re in danger. Taemin and Jaejoong teamed up on you. You were sold out, not by me I swear, but Taemin found out and he has a black belt in Taekwondo.. So you’d better go somewhere safe! Is there anywhere you can go?” 
 
“Jonghyun ratted me out, didn’t he?” You smiled half at this, “I had a feeling he would do that.. I think I’ll go to a hotel for a night.. Are you really okay? I’m really sorry for what I did.. I just didn’t notice.”
 
“I know you didn’t.. Jonghyun just made it sound kind of suggestive.. Stay safe okay? I’ll see you at work tomorrow..” 
 
“If you still want to work with me.. I’m really sorry.. Minho told me he had to break those handcuffs..” 
 
“Don’t say you’re sorry.. It’s fine. I wouldn’t want you to get hurt.. I’ll see you tomorrow Key.” You heard a slight nod, he was oblivious you couldn’t see him apparently, and then he hung up. You hoped he’d be safe and get to a hotel in time. You quickly erased the message from Taemin’s phone and unlocked your door. Yui and Changmin fell in while Yunho stood calmly behind them.
 
“As your temporary appa, I need to ask you a question.” He said, calmly stepping over Changmin who was trying to get up and was pushed down again. You gasped and sped over to help him up as you saw from the corner of your eye that Yunho helped Yui up.
 
“Changmin, gwenchana?” You asked. He shook his head and pouted.
 
“Ae, my back hurts. That meanie hyung stepped on it! He’s trying to stop my growth! How mean!”
 
“You’re tall enough as it is!” Yui scoffed. Changmin glared at her and pouted at you again.
 
“Let’s go away together! Away from the meanie hyung and meanie dongsaeng! I’ll make sure no one will hurt you ever.. I’ll be like Taemin only less annoying!” You laughed softly.
 
“I couldn’t do that to Taemin, he’d think I was kidnapped.” You patted his head and he smiled childishly.
 
“Ae, more serious. I need to ask, did Key by any chance attempt to take advantage of you?” Yunho asked, he looked a lot like a father that had to talk to his daughter about how babies were made. It looked really funny on him and you wondered how he was going to manage this with his own children later.
 
“Aniyoh! The only thing he did was put make up on my face and remove it again!” You said in protest.
 
“But you were handcuffed to the couch.. Are you sure he didn’t touch anywhere he shouldn’t have?” You could see how uneasy he was, and you also noticed Yui holding his hand like a patient mother. You laughed at the sight of it.
 
“He did not! Key only wanted to play.. I’m his noona, he doesn’t think of me that way.” You assured him. Yunho sighed in relief and noticed he was holding Yui’s hand. Changmin had caught on it too and was trying not to laugh too hard at them.
 
“I knew you two were.. Like that.. Or in any case I suspected that you would be..” Changmin said. Yunho blushed and let go of Yui’s hand. Yui looked at the ground.
 
“That’s great Yui.. And for you too Yunho. Now I’ll finally have a mother! One that’s younger than me.. That’s kind of disturbing.. I’m out!” You dashed past them and jumped on the couch next to Junsu.
 
“I want to play too! How long until I can join?!” You almost screamed in his ear. He smiled and wrapped an arm around you.
 
“You can join in right now! I need a partner for the next level.. It’ll be just like the old days! Me and you!” You smirked and took a controler along with him. It was a third person shooter game, but that was okay with you. Gaming with Junsu was always fun. You had missed this, the time when people hadn’t stared at you when you were gaming. Like Yunho and Yui were currently staring. Changmin had entered the kitchen to eat something. You glanced at Yui when the there was a short film in the game.
 
“Would you like me to cook something now?” You asked calmly, trying to snap her from her surprised state.
 
“No! Don’t go!! You have to play with me!” Junsu clung to your arm like a koala.
 
“Yah! That’s my best friend!” Yui snapped.
 
“Mine!” Changmin yelled from the kitchen. You stuck out your tongue.
 
“I’m just going to play with Junsu if you’re going to be that way.” You turned your attention back to the game and continued playing happily.
 
“You can’t just leave if they.. Should they stop their bickering.” Junsu commented while shooting the aliens that turned around the corner, “you have to play with me forever.” You laughed and dashed forward to catch the aliens that were running away.
 
“I can’t always play, I have to cook too. And I have to work as well.”
 
“You can just come work for me. We’ll have fun together, we’ll play games and I’ll teach you soccer!” You laughed at his funny pronounciation of the english word ‘soccer’. You knew you couldn’t do that to little Taemin. Or Tae as Taemin called him.
 
“I can’t do that to my current employers.. Let’s just play for now.” Junsu smirked. You phone buzzed and you ignored it.
 
“Junsu can we pause? I have a new text message.” Junsu took your phone, flipped it open and the tossed it aside.
 
“It was nothing important.. Now play with me!” He said happily. You tried to reach your phone but he blocked you with a sweet smile.
 
“If you want it, you’ll have to tell me what was in the text message Taemin received. And you have to promise me something.” You blinked.
 
“What do I have to promise?” You asked.
 
“You want your phone or not?” Junsu sang happily. You groaned.
 
“Fine, promise. In the text message it said that Key might have done something to me while the others weren’t home which didn’t happen but oppa won’t believe me.” You said quickly. Junsu frowned.
 
“Then why would they think so?” You shrugged.
 
“Because Jonghyun was mad at Key for bossing him around all day. Now give me the phone.” Junsu smirked.
 
“Nope, promise comes first.” He cheered, “you have to be with me tomorrow afternoon and do everything I say. Changmin and hyung have been hogging all your attention! We were the closest before. It’s not fair!” You nodded.
 
“Arasso.. I promise.” You said. You heard Yunho cough.
 
“Junsu.. No funny business.” He said in a deep voice. Junsu shrugged.
 
“I’m all fun hyung. Stop spoilsporting. Here’s your phone.” He handed you your phone and you quickly checked the message.
 
From: Jiyong
 
‘Ahnyeong! Your oppa is here right now! Heechul hyung gave me a call. He and Jaejoong appeared to be after Eunhyuk but my stock of soju stopped them.. You had better come pick them up, Taemin keeps whining about his twin losing her innocence? What happened?’ You softly punched Junsu who fake pouted.
 
“Yah! This was important!” You told him. He shrugged.
 
“You’re still mine tomorrow.. Bye Ae!” He waved cutely and you couldn’t help but forgive him. You tossed the controler at Yunho, grabbed your coat and the keys and walked out of the house. Taemin and Jaejoong had taken Jaejoong’s car. Which wasn’t really a good thing because you’d have to find a way to get that home too. You flipped the phone open.
 
“Jiyong, where do you live?”