Chapter 48

Are you drunk?

 

 
Surprisingly, the filming ended well. They now had all the shots needed for the MV and you could finally go home. You put your jacket on and walked towards the door. You then realized you left them there.
 
“Mianhae, I have to leave now. It was a pleasure working with you. You are all very talented.” You said, turning around to greet them a last time.
 
“Taemin complimented me! I’m so happy!” Kyuhyun sang. You blinked. ‘Now he’s a fan? This is getting really weird..’ Before you could even utter some of your thoughts Leeteuk hit Kyuhyun against the back of his head.
 
“I’m very sorry about him.. I think he got all worked up because he didn’t get complimented. He usually gets complimented during work. He’s a little childish.” You shook your head.
 
“That’s fine. My head isn’t really working with me today. I’m very thankful that you all worked with me.” You said, but before you could leave Kyuhyun hugged you. 
 
“Off me!” You said. He pouted.
 
“Taemin I like you!! Don’t leave yet!” You glared at him and he let go.
 
“I’ll see you later.” You said, and tried not to run for your life but just walk out calmly. They didn’t follow you. You sighed in relief and turned around the corner. ‘No this can’t be..’ You blinked. He saw you.
 
“Yah! You’re going to have a talk with me right now!” He yelled. You wanted to run. But if you went back you would bump into Eunhyuk and then you might have to explain this to him too. You couldn’t risk that. You checked to see if you could dash past Jaejoong, but before you could he grabbed your arm. You yelped. Wrong arm. He raised an eyebrow.
 
“Yah, let go of me!” You growled.
 
“I don’t think so.” He said while pushing you backwards. You knew there was a wall behind you. This wasn’t really the best time to explain things, you remembered. Eunhyuk could walk from there every moment.
 
“Jaejoong let go. I have to go home!” You said, trying to sound really mad. Your voice betrayed you, you could hear clearly that you were afraid.
 
“Really? Why is that.. Do you have something to cover up?” He asked. His voice sounded really strange and his eyes were cold.
 
“I just need to.. I’ll explain everything later..-”
 
“No! You’re explaining this minute!!” He yelled. You moved back and found the wall behind you. You flinched as he tightened his grip on your arm.
 
“Jaejoong you’re hurting me.” You whispered, trying not to cry. He raised an eyebrow.
 
“Really? I didn’t know you were so sensitive Taemin..” You closed your eyes and prayed that someone would save you.
 
“What are you doing?” You looked beside you and saw Leeteuk. He glanced at you once and then glared at Jaejoong.
 
“Yah! What are you doing this for?” He yelled. Jaejoong sneered and you knew he was going to say it. You had to stop him.
 
“Jaejoong.. Please don’t..” You muttered. He glanced at you, then back to Leeteuk, and back to you.
 
“We just needed to talk.. He hung up on me.” Jaejoong said coldly before dragging you with him. You signaled Leeteuk it was okay, and prayed Jaejoong wouldn’t kill you. When you got outside the building he dragged you to the parking lot and glared at you.
 
“I’m waiting.. Please explain..” He said coldly. You gulped.
 
“Oppa had a fever.” You said while glancing at your feet.
 
“And you risk being found out like that here just because of that?!” He yelled. You narrowed your eyes.
 
“I’d do anything for oppa!” You yelled at him. A moment later your back hurt and you found yourself in the shadow of the roof with Jaejoong right in front of you.
 
“You’re unbelievable! You’re endangering his career like this! As much as your own life!” You tried to push him away.
 
“Oppa trusts me!” He gave you a cold look.
 
“Oppa this, oppa that! That’s really all you care about? I haven’t heard about lying to your precious boyfriend about this. Or Changmin, your best friend..-”
 
“Changmin knows.” Jaejoong’s eyes widened.
 
“What?” He hissed, leaning close to your face, “you’re telling me my friend knows this is going on, and he didn’t tell me?” You nodded. He clenched your arm tighter and you bit your lip not to scream.
 
“Why are you even mad? Do you honestly care what I do? Why did you even follow me last night? Can’t you just leave me alone?” You snapped at him. He blinked at your words.
 
“You’re really careless! You don’t even know what you’re getting yourself into! I can’t leave you alone because when I do you find a way to mess things up!” You glared at him.
 
“Yah! Hyung what are you doing?!” You heard a familiar voice. You spotted Yoochun from the corner of your eye. He glanced at you and then pushed Jaejoong away. He held out his hand to you.
 
“Come on I’ll bring you home.” Jaejoong got up, he was really mad now. Yoochun moved you behind him.
 
“You knew too? Who else does?!” He growled.
 
“Yunho and Changmin already knew. Junsu and I found out later.” You nudged Yoochun, he glanced at you and you mouthed ‘he only discovered me today..’ Yoochun nodded and turned back to Jaejoong.
 
“You didn’t tell me? How long have we known each other now?!” Yoochun stepped back. Jaejoong looked really terrifying. You tried to move past Yoochun but he wouldn’t let you.
 
“You never asked. I didn’t know where she was today.” Yoochun said calmly, “but Ae begged me to keep this a secret because she knew you would react like this! Can you blame her?! You’re acting like she’s a monster when she’s only trying to help her brother out!” You slowly moved your sleeve up, the bruise that had partially faded was now red again. It would turn blue soon. 
 
“Yoochun, it’s fine.. I don’t care what he thinks. I’m leaving.” You said and unlocked the car door.
 
“Ae don’t just leave because he’s a jerk!” Yoochun said but you shook your head.
 
“If he was only a jerk I wouldn’t leave. But he’s not. He’s a nosy abusive jerk! And I don’t want to deal with that any longer.” You said and got in the car. Yoochun gave you a sad look. He seemed torn. You signaled for him to stick with Jaejoong. You couldn’t do it anymore. You drove off at a higher speed than you were allowed to. When you got home you just sat in the car for a while, thinking about what you were going to do. If Jaejoong stayed like this, he would endanger you. But that would cause Taemin to get mad with him. That couldn’t happen. You had to leave. You felt something wet on your cheeks. You were crying. ‘It’s all over now.’ Your phone buzzed, but you didn’t react. You suspected it was Jaejoong trying to yell at you some more. Only when it kept ringing you checked the caller ID. Eunhyuk!
 
“Yoboseyo?” You answered, trying not to sound like you were crying.
 
“Are you okay? You sound upset.” You sobbed softly. You wished that he was there with you, sweet, gentle, caring Eunhyuk.
 
“Mianhae.. I just had a bad encounter with someone..” You said, trying to keep your voice at one level.
 
“Jaejoong again?” You heard him sigh.
 
“Mianhae oppa.. I’m sorry I’m so selfish..”
 
“You’re not selfish! Don’t you even think that! You’re the sweetest girl I ever met, that’s why I want to be with you. Will you meet me at the park? I think you need a break.” You smiled through your tears.
 
“Ne.. Oppa you’re the best you know?” You said, your chest felt like it would burst. Only he could make you smile like this when you were down.
 
“I’m yours Ae.” He said before ending the call. You blushed. After a few seconds you got out of the car and entered the house. Taemin was sitting on the couch.
 
“Oppa, I’m going to see Eunhyuk..” You said softly, hoping he wouldn’t stress. He smiled softly.
 
“Come here.” You sat down next to him and he hugged you tightly. “Ae, I love you with all my heart, and even if I don’t want to lose you, I know I’ll end up losing you if I said no. But be sure to be home around nine.” You nodded, hugged him and ran to your room. There you quickly changed. After cleaning your face in the bathroom you brushed your hair and left. You took a bus to the park and waited by the entrance. Some minutes later a hodded guy showed up, but you knew that hat. You walked up to him and looked up at his face. He smiled.
 
“Ahnyeong.. I’ve missed you.” You smiled and were pulled into a hug. You felt more guilty about lying to him and pulled away. You didn’t want to have a relationship based on lies.
 
“Eunhyuk oppa.. The person this morning, it was really me.” You said. You didn’t look at him, afraid of his reaction. You hoped he wouldn’t yell at you, like Jaejoong had when he figured it out.
 
“Ae, look at me please.” You shivered and looked up, only to find his soft eyes that showed the warmth you had never seen with Jaejoong. “Do you like me?” You nodded. You liked him, you liked him a lot!
 
“Ae, I like you.. To me it’s not a big deal. It’s really amazing how you pull that act off!” You blinked.
 
“You’re not mad?” You asked. He shook his head.
 
“I got to spend extra time with you, even if you had to act like that. You’re amazing.”
 
“Kamsahamnida oppa!” You said, and hugged him softly. He laughed softly.
 
“You were helping Taemin out. I know that. It’s a part of the sweet, gentle, caring you. I like that you.. I couldn’t be mad with anything you do.” He softly caressed your cheek. You felt happiness inside you.
 
“Oppa, I like you!” He wrapped his arms around you tightly and rested his chen on your head.
 
“I like you too Ae, I wish we could stay like this forever.” He said softly. You smiled in his warm chest and rested your head against him. He was warmer than anyone you had ever met. This person, you could, maybe, love him. After a few minutes he pulled away and smiled mischievously at you.
 
“Too bad we can’t do that.. Would you like to go skating?” Your jaw almost dropped. You loved skating. You had always been good at it. But..
 
“What about your leg?” You asked, you were sure bruised legs didn’t heel that fast. He smiled softly.
 
“If it makes you happy, I’ll just watch you and cheer you on. Your smile is the most beautiful thing in the world.. I want to see it, I want to see you smile with happiness.” You blushed and hid your head in his shirt.
 
“Don’t hide from me!” He said laughingly, trying to get you to face him again.
 
“It’s embarassing!” You told his shirt. He chuckled and lifted your chin.
 
“Ae, no matter what you do, it’s perfect to me.”