Chapter 54

Are you drunk?

 

 
“Don’t be mad with me..” You glared at little Taemin while leaning back in the chair. The girls had left and you were keeping a nice distance from him. 
 
“I can’t work with you if you jump on me every second someone walks in.” You said.
 
“But now those noona’s won’t bother you anymore.” He pouted.
 
“That’s not the way it works.. It’s oppa’s image, you can’t have him and that’s what makes fans want him even more.” You said crossing your arms over your chest.
 
“Aww.. But they won’t flirt with you when you’re around us, and that’s a good thing.” Jonghyun said.
 
“Oh no.. They’ll just stalk me and giggle at every moment I’m within three feets distance of one of you. That’s much better.” You said.
 
“Don’t be so grumpy.. I’m washing your hair.” Key said while pushing your head in the sink. You just let him do that, there was no way you could change your hair colour now. You bit your tongue as he rubbed the dye out of your hair. He was good. What a meanie. After washing, your hair had to be dried. You couldn’t just wait for it of course, Key had to blow dry it.
 
“Don’t be a jerk about it.” He said while brushing your hair for the third time that day.
 
“Aish! How can I not be when you’re pulling my hair.. No don’t mess with my face again it’s fine like this!” You said pushing him away when he pulled a make up brush from his pocket.
 
“Don’t complain.” He said shortly, “or do I have to get Minho to restrain you again?”
 
“He wouldn’t dare. I’m calling oppa if you do that.” 
 
“In that case I’m stealing your phone.” Key said while fetching it from your pocket.
 
“What the.. Don’t steal my belongings!” You yelled, while getting up, “give that back.”
 
“Not until you let me do your make up and hair.”
 
“You already did that!” He shrugged.
 
“Once isn’t good enough. Your hair is really soft by the way.” You blinked at the random comment.
 
“What?” He continued brushing your hair.
 
“He likes your hair better than ours.. Meanie..” Jonghyun said and pouted. Key ignored him and turned you around to brush the rest of your hair that he couldn’t reach up til then.
 
“Key why are you monopolyzing our hyung?” Little Taemin complained. You shrugged and sat down again.
 
“Good. Here.” Key gave you your phone back and stopped brushing, “all done.” You glanced at your mirror image. Your hair was now pitchblack. You tugged it softly. It was for real.
 
“This is really awkward..” You said. Key shrugged and you left for the next thing on the schedule. Singing practice. You sat down but the side and watched them sing. They were good, just not as good as oppa you thought to yourself.
 
“Ahnyeonghaseyo..” You turned and saw Changmin. You waited to see if he recognized, as his lips curved into a smile and he sat down next to you.
 
“I know it’s you!” He sang as he nudged you. You smiled, he was the only one
 
“I hope you’re the only one.” You said while swinging one arm around his neck. He smiled and leaned closer.
 
“I am the only one. I’m your best friend.” He said laughing and tried to ruffle your hair but you stopped him.
 
“Please don’t do that, Key has been working on it for hours and I really dont’want to go through that again.” You said and sighed.
 
“Okay, I get that. So, what’s the job for today? Are you working late?” 
 
“I’m working until they’re done working. But since they’re going to do a fan meeting where I’m supposed to be at, I had to look like a guy and that gave them an excuse to give me a make over.. Taemin is going to be mad.” You said, trying not to hide your face in your hands because it would give Key another excuse to mess around with your face.
 
“Yup.. But don’t worry, Taemin will only kill them.” You laughed at him. He was definitely the best friend you ever had.
 
“Yah! Changmin where are you? Who’s that?” You glanced at Junsu and smiled.
 
“This is Hyun Jong. He and I go way back.” Changmin said with obvious sarcasm in his voice. Yoochun didn’t catch it.
 
“Hi. I’m Yoochun.” You chuckled.
 
“I know, pabo.. It’s me.” He blinked.
 
“What the hell happened to you?”
 
“Language!” Yunho shouted from somewhere near, you laughed at that and leaned back.
 
“Key happened. Ah there he is! Did you guys bring Taemin by any chance?” You asked them. Changmin laughed and shook his head.
 
“Nope, but that’s okay.. We have something better. Yunho!! Come see what happened to your precious should be sister!” He sang in a high pitched voice.
 
“What?” Yunho said in an annoyed voice as he turned around the corner. He glanced shortly at you, then at Key, and back to you.
 
“He didn’t..” He muttered softly, “Key.. You’re in deep trouble..” You blinked, when did he become Taemin the second? You got up and stepped between the two of them.
 
“Yunho, don’t make a fuss until we get home. Key, I told you it was a bad idea.”
 
“You only said you didn’t want it. Very loudly I must admit, but still.. I like doing this you’re my stress reliever now!” You blinked as you were suddenly pulled into a tight hug. What was going on? Were you some kind of living shield? 
 
“Yah! What’s with the noise?!” Jaejoong. You glanced at him and pushed Key away.
 
“I’m not shielding you. You got yourself into this mess.” You said before glancing at Jaejoong. He gave you a puzzled look.
 
“You’re not.. What happened to you?” You pointed behind you where you knew Key was probably hiding somewhere. Jaejoong laughed at him and then amde a cold face.
 
“Why did you do that? You know you’re in danger when you’re messing with Ae.” You glanced at him in silence, was he still mad? He didn’t look that mad.
 
“Are we done yet?” Minho asked while walking out of the studio. You picked the schedule from a table and glanced at it.
 
“No.. You’re going to work out next.. For two hours, but that’s all.” He groaned and grabbed a bottle of water.
 
“What are they even doing here?” He asked, moving his head indicating he was talking about the DBSK members. Changmin frowned.
 
“We work here! So tell me, did you hold back Ae while this make over happened?” He asked in an innocent voice. Jaejoong glanced at you, then sent a glare at Minho. He nodded with a fearful expression on his face. Jaejoong brushed past him and took your arm. You had put a sweatband over the bruise to hide it. He stared at you with concern in his eyes.
 
“How’s your arm? Did he hurt you?” You shook your head.
 
“When did you get injured?” Minho asked.
 
“Some time ago.” You said, still caught in Jaejoong’s gaze. Changmin jumped up from his seat.
 
“Ae hide! Just hide somewhere!” He hissed, you pulled your hand from Jaejoong’s and ran into the studio where Onew, Jonghyun and Taemin were still busy. Onew gave you a weird look when you closed the door and signaled for them not to say anything.
 
“What’s going on?” He asked quietly.
 
“Oppa.. And he won’t be happy to see me like this.. So pretend I’m not here.. Say I went to the bathroom or I’m getting you food or something!” You hissed. Onew nodded. They all sat down out of the line of sight for someone from the other side of the door.
 
“He’s really that scary?” Jonghyun asked, crouching closer to you.
 
“Hyung! Don’t steal my boyfriend!” Little Taemin hissed. You shot him a glare and he looked at his feet.
 
“He is.. He’s kind of like Key but worse.” You said. Jonghyun rolled his eyes.
 
“Can’t be that bad..-” Taemin just so happened to time his outburst of anger at that second.
 
“Where is my dongsaeng?!!” You gave him a sarcastic smile.
 
“Sure about that?” He shook his head and cowered in fear. You chuckled softly and hugged your knees. You heard some things moving around and guessed it was Taemin making a big deal out of you not being there. Some minutes later you got a text message.
 
From: Taemin
 
‘Ae where are you? Aren’t you supposed to be with them all day? I’m really worried!’ ‘What do I tell him?’ You panicked, trying to think of something. Jonghyun grabbed your phone and texted something. You blinked and grabbed the phone back. You checked the message.
 
From: Ae
 
‘Mianhae, I’m just getting some coffee, we’re almost out. I’ll see you at home okay?’ 
 
“Not bad..” You muttered. He grinned and leaned back. Some time later the door opened and Changmin was standing behind you.
 
“You’re saved for the moment.. Come on Ae, I’m taking you home.” You blinked while getting up.
 
“I still have work to do.” You said shrugging.
 
“Taemin is coming back later to see you. You don’t really have a choice if you want them to live.” Changmin said glancing at his watch, “we have to go now.. Bye guys, it’s been fun.” SHINee let you leave because Changmin made a very good point with that and after saying goodbye you left with DBSK.
 
“I can’t believe it’s you.” Yoochun said, poking your face. 
 
“Honestly? To think you confessed to her, and you can’t even see it.” Jaejoong scoffed.
 
“Who’s the one that couldn’t tell it was her for the past two months?” Yoochun snapped back.
 
“You.” You said with a smile, “you only found out because Taemin got drunk and blurted it out.” Yoochun pouted.
 
“Does that mean you don’t love me?” He whined. Jaejoong hit the back of his head.
 
“Don’t say something that stupid! She and Eunhyuk just.. Nevermind!” You glanced at him, did he just defend you? You gave him a smile, but he looked away.
 
“You and Eunhyuk.. What? Did something happen?” Yoochun asked.
 
“We broke up.” You said stiffly, you didn’t like the subject. He stopped walking.
 
“I’m sorry about that..” He said, you glanced at him. He really seemed to feel bad.
 
“It’s fine.. As Taemin’s dongsaeng I don’t really have a chance to date anyway..” You lied. It wasn’t fine. You mostly listened to them talking. On the way home you removed the make up and bought some coffee to make the story seem okay.
 
“Let’s just say you did this so people wouldn’t think you’re related to him when they see you walking.. So it’s kind of procautions.” Changmin said. You nodded, as always he had a smart solution. Before you could enter the house, Yoochun tapped your shoulder.
 
“I’m really sorry Ae.. I know that I’m kind of respectless towards you.. I’ll work on that so that I can be a friend you can rely on.” You smiled and hugged him.
 
“It’s fine oppa.. I’ll see you all later.” You entered the house. You put the coffee in the cabinet, you were really running out of coffee. Maybe Jonghyun was psychic? That sounded rather silly. You washed your face again and put a cap to hide your hair as good as possible. Even though you knew Taemin wouldn’t be mad about it, you still wished you didn’t have to hide it from him. To take your mind of things, you played some games. It was already dark outside when you checked the clock because your stomache was grumbling. Shouldn’t oppa be home already? You checked your phone. One new message.
 
From: Taemin
 
‘Hey Ae, me and the guys are going out tonight.. I hope that’s okay with you? Don’t forget! Sunday is our day and I’ll make everything up to you. Saranghae!’ That explained it. You just heated up the left overs from the day before. You didn’t really feel like cooking. After eating you put on some more comfortable clothes, and hid the other clothes in your room. When you were about to continue your game, the doorbell rung. You got up and opened it.
 
“Oppa, did you forget the key?” You stumbled back as you noticed the guy in front of you.
 
“You and I.. We need to talk..” You stepped back as Jaejoong entered the house.
 
“Jaejoong are you..-” He put a finger on your lips. Your eyes widened.
 
“I remember two months ago.. You kissed me.”