Chapter 23

Are you drunk?

 

You and the guys relaxed a bit for the rest of the day, that was to say, if it was in any way relaxing. True, you weren’t practicing, but you were all nervous. Yoochun was pacing around, more nervous than ever since he had to sing your bit. You would be sitting playing card games with the others, and sometimes walk out to dial oppa.

“I hate this! I hate waiting!” You exclaimed frustrated when you had counted to a thousand multiple times. It wasn’t working. Jaejoong laughed, but it was a forced laugh. You knew he was nervous too, so you decided to say nothing about it, the last thing you wanted was a fight.

“I’m going to walk for a bit..” You said, and walked out of the room.

“Wait up! I’m coming with you.” Changmin said, and hurried after you, as soon as you closed the door behind you he sighed.

“It’s horrible to wait in there..” He said, and you started to walk.

“So, what do you do for a hobby?” You asked, he raised an eyebrow.

“Why are you asking about that?” He said, surprised by Taemin’s sudden interest, which was actually yours, but so well hidden that he could never find out, apparently.

“Just killing time.” You said, then realizing how rude that was, “don’t take it in a bad way though, I mean, you are interesting.. I guess.. Since we’re working together and I know little about you..-” He laughed, a sudden laugh, but it made you more relaxed. Changmin stopped walking.

“Gokjonghajima, you don’t have to apologize..” He smiled, and then put his hands in his jacket’s pockets, gazing up. There was nothing in particular above you that he might find interesting, but you still thought that it looked cool somehow. You brushed it off. That was a silly thought, Taemin would never find something like that cool. You sighed and gazed at the floor.

“We’re all nervous I think.. We know they love us, and we know they love you.. But how about us joined.” You smirked and continued walking.

“I guess.. Are you coming or what?” He chuckled and followed you.

“I don’t mean to freak out, but this does have some kind of nostalgic feeling, as if you are going to leave..”

“Not you as well.. Why would I be leaving?” You said, poking his cheek as he caught up with you. He sighed.

“I don’t know.. I guess, it sort of feels that way. Everyone is down somehow.” You sighed, you didn’t want them to feel down, none of them deserved that. You weren’t even their friend.. You felt like you were betraying them, and it hurt you. As much as it hurt you to break your promise to your brother, you wanted to tell them, or at least, some of them. You didn’t know if you wanted Jaejoong to know. You were  sure he would be mad. You gathered some courage.

“After the concert, I need to tell you something..” He stared at you, as he had caught the sadness in your voice.

“You are.. You are leaving?! Are you leaving..?” He yelled, then his voice grew more quiet. You sighed.

“It’s complicated. I’ll explain it all later, okay? I think I need some time alone now.. I’m going to make a phone call.” You said, as you got out your phone, which was actually Taemin’s phone. You and he had exchanged them, because it would be easier to deal with everyone like this. Changmin nodded, playfully hit your shoulder, and returned to the others. You sat down against the wall and dialed oppa’s number.

“Yoboseyo dongsaeng.. Are you still nervous?”

“It’s not that.. Well a bit, but that’s not why I’m calling..”

“Then what is wrong? You sound like you feel horrible..”

“I feel horrible.. Oppa, I don’t want to lie anymore.. I want to tell them.. But I’m scared though.. I said Changmin that I would talk to him after the show.. I didn’t tell him yet, only Yunho knows, and he’s not telling anyone.” There was a silence on the other side of the phone.

“Dangyunhaji..”He said after a while, “you’re too nice for this world you know? You can do that, but only after I come back okay? So that I can beat them if they’re mean to you.” You hadn’t thought about that, you knew they wouldn’t like it. But would they hate you?

“After that is done, I’ll leave, okay?”

“I thought you liked singing.”

“I do, but it would be too painful, I guess.”

“Just do as you please,”he sighed, “but, you will visit me more often, right?” You nodded, for a moment forgetting he couldn’t see you.

“Ne. Saranghae oppa.”

“Saranghae dongsaeng.. Are you coming to visit me, you know, in a few weeks?”You nodded. You knew what he was talking about.

“Sure, but you better give me a good idea for a present this year.. What do I give my ridiculously famous oppa who has everything he could want?” He chuckled.

“Live with me.. You know how painful it is.. I want my sister back.. And also it’s getting really creepy here.. omma and appa are going to get back together..”You heard a scream in the background.

“You aren’t supposed to tell her that yet Taemin!!!” Omma was apparently mad at Taemin, and you heard things moving, and oppa was now running.

“I have to go, if I live through this, you’ll live through all that, and please think of a good present okay?” He yelled, before hanging up. You chuckled at the thought of Taemin running from omma. She could be scary sometimes, but it still seemed funny, oppa the cool guy, running from his omma. You felt a bit better, and went back to the others, who silently watched you.

“Sheekee’s, don’t look like that.” You told them, while grabbing some water. You leaned back on the couch, “tonight is going to be awesome.. And don’t make any mistakes, or I’ll have put myself through photoshoot hell for nothing.” You said jokingly. They all laughed.

“By the way, I have our photo’s, want to see how they turned out?” Yoochun said suddenly, everyone turned to him.

“Why do you have those?” You asked, in total surprise. He smirked.

“I have my ways.. This one of you is really good.” He said, looking at one photo of yours.

“Ah it’s so cool! Taemin you’re the best!” Junsu yelled, and the others all tried to punch him. Yoochun who was closest managed to do that. You laughed at him and grabbed the photo. It was the one that had was taken when you were spilling water. It was actually looking pretty cool, and your face was more like Taemin’s than you had ever seen.

“Wow.. This is kind of, good..” You said, giving it a second look. The guys all agreed.

“I think it’s currently hanging on millions of walls all over the country.” Changmin said, and winked at you. You laughed at him and put it on the table.

“Well, it’s not going on my wall anytime soon. It’s just me spilling water, what’s so good about that..” You said, and Yunho swung an arm around your shoulders.

“My friend, it’s the art of looking good.” He said jokingly. You laughed at him. You enjoyed yourselves for the rest of the day with checking the photo’s, and criticizing them. You enjoyed it, and after that, it was time for the show.

“Any regrets?” You asked them before getting on stage, they all smiled and you ran on stage.