Chapter 51

Are you drunk?

 

“How’s your arm been?” You sighed.

“Just fine.. Why are you here?” You asked trying not to let Taemin hear you. Jaejoong rolled up your sleeve and trailed his fingers over the bruise. You glanced at his face to see his eyes focus on the bruise. You pulled the sleeve down, while brushing his hand off.

“It’s fine.. Just let it be.” You said, he glanced at you with eyes full of sadness and guilt. You didn’t want to see him like this.

“Jaejoong-shi.. Just let it go. I can manage.” You said. He looked down.

“Jaejoong-shi again? You must really be mad with me..” You shook your head fanatically.

“Aniyoh! That’s not it.. I just feel that since you’re older I should call you that. And we’re not exactly on familiar terms..” You almost blushed remembering his confession, but pushed it away. ‘That was Taemin, not me. Even if I was Taemin at that time.’ Jaejoong sighed and called out.

“Taemin! Come here for a second!” You gasped, he wasn’t really going to tell, right? You watched in horror as Taemin walked out and gave Jaejoong a mad glare.

“What are you here for?” He said, very grouchy, he was always grouchy in the morning.

“There’s something Ae has been hiding from you, because she knew you’d react this way. But you should see this.” You begged Jaejoong in silence but he didn’t respond as Taemin’s glare grew more dark and mad.

“Ae doesn’t hide things from me..” He growled in a low voice. Jaejoong shook his head and started pushing up your sleeve. You shook your head and tried to stop him, but it was too late.

“Ae.. Who did this to you?” His voice didn’t even sound as caring anymore, even though you knew he cared, he was just mad now. You shook your head.

“I did it.” Jaejoong said calmly. He let go of your hand and stood there in silence. Taemin didn’t blink nor shout. He just stood there.

“I don’t want to see you around her ever again. I forbid you from seeing her. If I catch you around her, you’re life is over.” Jaejoong nodded. You were surprised Taemin didn’t even punch him, his voice was without emotion when he said this. He wasn’t acknowledging Jaejoong’s presence anymore. Jaejoong walked away. You didn’t call after him. Taemin turned to you and softly caressed your bruise.

“I’m sorry you had to suffer as much.. It’s all over now.” He said. You knew he was upset about you hiding this from him. You bowed to him.

“Mianhae oppa.. I was afraid you’d be mad..” He lifted your chin.

“I am mad.. But I’m not mad with you, I understand why you feel the way you feel.” He said, you nodded.

“Shouldn’t you get going?” You asked. He nodded and wrapped a coat around him.

“Let’s go.” You nodded, this wasn’t the best time to oppose. You drove in silence, you didn’t know where you were headed. Probably the company, but it seemed you were heading someplace else. Taemin stopped the car and got out. You followed him. From a rather large building came someone you knew very well.

“Noona!!” You smiled as the boy hugged you tight before hugging Taemin. He brushed him off quickly. Little Taemin pouted.

“Hyung, don’t be so cold..” He whined, you laughed softly.

“Taemin, you know that oppa is like that.” He nodded and glanced at Taemin.

“You brought noona with you.” He said while pointing at you.

“Don’t point!” Shouted a voice from behind you. You knew it to belong to Key. You turned and smiled at him.

“Ahnyeonghaseyo.” You said. He replied shortly and continued lecturing little Taemin.

“Hyung stop him!” The helpless victim yelled.

“Key, Taemin, I have something to ask of you. All five of you.” Oppa said very seriously. Key stopped in the middle of a sentence and turned to Taemin. You waited until the other members of SHINee came out and spotted you.

“All of you, is there a possibility that Ae can work with you?” Taemin said dead serious. You frowned, you could have sworn he lost all faith in the male population after the confession of Jaejoong. To your surprise, Onew nodded.

“In fact, we’re in need of a coordinator.. I’m sure she’s qualified. Let’s discuss this inside.” You all entered the building and sat down with SHINee’s manager. He remembered Taemin. Seeing as Taemin was threatening, he gave you the job. It mostly consisted of you staying close to the members and support them during practice.

“That’s great. She’ll start today.” Taemin said while smiling at you, “I’ll call you later okay?” You nodded, remembering the promise to have dinner together. The rest of the day consisted of you following SHINee around. Their schedule was even more stuffed than Taemin’s was, and it consisted of mostly practice.

“Noona! Dance with us!” Little Taemin begged when dancing practice started. You sighed, you had already taken part in helping with make up for a shoot and singing practice. Working for idols was hard work. You had been about to check your phone for missed calls or text messages, but every time you tried it something came up. You got up and watched little Taemin perform the dance moves. You quickly caught on as you found the music’s rhythm and ended up dancing with them for an hour. After that you had to rush with them to different interviews. The day was very long. At last you got off. You sat down outside the studio where more practicing had taken place and checked your phone. Three missed calls, all from Eunhyuk. You decided to call him.

“Yoboseyo?” You heard, that wasn’t Eunhyuk.

“Yoboseyo.. Is Eunhyuk there?” You asked.

“Ah It’s you.. This is Leeteuk. Ae can you meet me somewhere right now?”

“Ne, Wae?”

“We’ll talk about it. Where are you now?”

“Just outside D-dance Studio’s.” You said while glancing at the building behind you.

“Good, I’ll be there in a few, please wait there.” Before you could answer he hung up. You sat down and waited. He sounded very serious. What if something happened to Eunhyuk? Jaejoong. Why did he jump to your mind? It was really weird, you softly hit your head and glanced at the time. Six thirty. Why didn’t Eunhyuk answer you?

“Ahnyeonghaseyo.. Hyun Ae, am I right?” You nodded, unwilling to shake the hand extended to you. You shook his hand anyway, it was bad manners to refuse.

“I’m Leeteuk.. You sure are pretty, I can see why Eunhyuk likes you.” You looked away, this was awkward. Why was he saying things like this?

“So.. Eunhyuk likes you. I’m really happy he has a girlfriend like you. I never saw him more happy than the day he walked in telling us you were his girlfriend.” A silence fell. You knew there was more to this. Otherwise he wouldn’t have insisted on meeting you. According to Cheon, this was how a ‘bad news’ conversation started. You didn’t like it.

“But?” You asked when he didn’t say anything. You glanced at him. He didn’t face you but looked at the ground. As if he was very ashamed.

“He has to break up with you. You have to stop seeing him.” You gasped.

“Wae?” You tried to stay calm, but tears formed in your eyes and your voice was shaky.

“He’s going to be on a dating show. The contract was signed months ago. He wouldn’t do that to you, but would you do that to his career? He worked for fifteen years to reach where he is.” You knew you couldn’t be selfish, but it hurt. A tear dropped from your overflowing eyes.

“Arasso.. I’ll break up with him.” You whispered softly, afraid your voice would break if you spoke louder.

“Ae!” You looked up and saw Eunhyuk running towards you.

“Leeteuk what are you doing?” He exclaimed, “Ae please don’t..” You looked up at him.

“Mianhae Eunhyuk.. We c-can’t be together anymore..” You dropped your head to hide your sobbing. Eunhyuk said things, but you couldn’t make out what they were. You saw the feet move away from you. They left. You sat there for a while, crying. It hurt, why did you have to do that? It just wasn’t fair! You remembered something Taemin once told you. ‘Celebrities can’t ever be with the ones they love most.’ That was why Taemin stopped himself from falling in love. You felt miserable, took out your phone and stared at it. You should call Taemin, but you didn’t want him to hear you cry anymore.

“Ae, why are you here?” You glanced at the guy in front of you.

“Yunho..  Ahnyeong.” You said, trying not to cry.

“Ae! What’s wrong? You’re.. Are you okay?” You shook your head and hid your face in your hands.

“Aniyoh.. I’m not.. I had to… Break up with Eunhyuk.” You sobbed. You felt him sit down next to you and wrap his arms around you.

“There there.. I guess that’s the most horrible thing.. You didn’t want to.” You shook your head in silence.

“I thought so.. It happened to me once.” You blinked and looked at him.

“Jinja? Mianhae..” He smiled softly.

“It’s fine.. I got over it eventually. This is something everyone has to learn. Come, I know something that’ll make you feel better.” He pulled you up and you stumbled across the street with him, into some shop. Yunho sat you down and ordered something.

“It’s hot chocolate. Have you ever had it?” You nodded.

“Changmin gave me some. I like it.. Kamsahamnida.” He smiled gently.

“I figured it would be the best to drink something warm and sweet. You probably don’t feel like eating right now.” You nodded.

“Kamsahamnida. Is it okay for me to call you Yunho oppa?” He nodded.

“As long as Taemin doesn’t hunt me down and kill me for it.” You nodded.

“Oppa and I understand each other, he’ll get it.” You drank the hot chocolate and in combination with Yunho’s stories and supporting words it made you feel a lot better. After five minutes your phone buzzed. It was Taemin.

From: Oppa

‘Ae, mianhaseyo! I can’t come to dinner with you :( They made me promise to stay here this evening.. Mianhae.. I’ll kill them. I can’t do that.. Saranghae dongsaeng, please forgive me.’ You sighed.

“What happened?” Yunho asked patiently. You just gave him your phone, you felt really disappointed, but not in Taemin. He was always working very hard.

“That’s really sad.. Is it okay for me to treat you to dinner?” He asked while handing you your phone back. You nodded.

“Ne.. I’d love it.”

“Great.. Let’s go.” You smiled weakly and followed him. The restaurant was wonderful. You had no idea what kind of food was even served there. You had a lot of fun, until Yunho’s phone rang.

“Yoboseyo? Yes. No I’m..- Really? I thought I..- Oh. I see. I’ll be there soon. Ahnyeong.” He sighed as he ended the call, “mianhae Ae.. Work just called. They still need me.” You nodded, of course. You tried not to feel disappointed and cheerfully said goodbye to him.

“Ahnyeong oppa!” You waved and smiled as he was picked up. When the car turned around the corner your smile disappeared. ‘I guess I’ll go home now..’ You thought, and took a bus homewards. You had to walk the last fifteen minutes and were really tired when you got home. You then noticed you didn’t have any keys with you. You felt embarrassed remembering you hadn’t checked to see if you had them this morning. Great. You took out your phone and called oppa. No one answered. Slightly upset, you called Changmin. He didn’t answer either. They were both probably at work. You called little Taemin, but he didn’t answer either! You started to panic. You couldn’t call appa or umma, they were too far away. There was only one number left in your phone. The unknown number. Desperate, you dialed. It rung once. Twice.

“Yoboseyo.”Your heart seemed to leap at that voice.

“Yoboseyo.. I know I shouldn’t be calling, but.. I’m locked out of the house and I can’t reach anyone..” You said, feeling more miserable as you summed it up. There was a short silence.

“I got it.. I’ll be there in a minute.”You blinked.

“Mianhae.. Oppa said..-” He hung up. You sighed and put your phone back in your pocket. You were starting to get cold. You sat down and rubbed your arms, trying to warm up a bit. A short time later you heard a loud noise. A motorcycle. It had gotten darker, but you could see his silhouette in the twilight. He took off his helmet and walked up to you.

“You could really get into trouble for this..” You muttered.

“I know. Come, I’m sure we have something that fits you inside.” You followed him into their house after he put his motorcycle in the garage. It felt really awkward to be around him when oppa had told him to stay away from you this morning. After a short search he let you borrow an old jacket of his.

“Let’s go.. I want to show you something.” He said calmly. This meant you had to get on the motorcycle again. But you didn’t protest. Jaejoong’s driving skills were far better than Junsu’s. Within some minutes you left the city and he stopped on the side of a road. You could see the whole city from there since the road was above the city. There were so many lights it made you feel warm inside.

“It’s pretty..” You said. He nodded and you sat down by the side of the road.

“How was your day?” He finally asked.

“It wasn’t good.. Oppa’s mad with you, oppa couldn’t have dinner with me and I had to break up with Eunhyuk..” You were surprised you weren’t even crying. You assumed it was because you had cried a lot that day.

“I’m sorry to hear that..” You shook your head.

“It’s not your fault. I’m even getting you in trouble again..” He laid down on his back and gazed at the tree next to him.

“I’m not abandoning you because of that.. Anyone who did doesn’t have the right to call himself a man.. There’s no reason for abandoning you.” You shook your head. There was. You had to tell him.

“There is one.. After that you’ll never want to see me again.” He sat up and gave you an odd look.

“Two months ago..” You started nervously, “there was an accident in which oppa and I were involved. Taemin was actually the one who got injured, but he couldn’t skip work because of the new album.. So I took his place the last two months..”

Author's note: This is really long, you'd better leave me a nice comment :P But I honestly believe this is longer than any other chapter I wrote! Consider it celebration for reaching over chapter 50!