Chapter 32

Are you drunk?

 

"Gwenchana?" You asked, trying to see his face. It was dark inside the closet since you had pulled the door shut.
 
"Go ywa yo.. Gokjonghajima." He sounded like he was smiling, he somehow did. You sighed and leaned against the back of the closet.
 
"This is so unnerving.. I've never had to run like this before I came to oppa's place, and now I've had to run twice in a day.." You complained, and dropped yourself on the floor.
 
"You'll be fine.. So, how about you visit our dorm today? After we’re done with the filming and all?” He asked, suddenly there was a knock on the door and you both froze. The door creeked and opened, and you closed your eyes, bracing yourself for the worst.
 
“Yah, why are you two in here?” You opened your eyes and saw Jonghyun in the door post.
 
“We were hiding.”Little Taemin explained, and Jonghyun looked at him with curious eyes.
 
“Hiding? Again? You really have bad luck today maknae.. So why don’t you leave her with me?” He joked, and little Taemin laughed.
 
“I can’t do that, I promised the other me.” He said, while rubbing the back of his head. You heard footsteps on the outside. And screams..
 
“Let us go! We have to meet Taemin oppa! I really want to see SHINee too! Please!!” You gasped and hid by sitting down behind old boxes that were pilled up in the corner of the room.
 
“Hyun Ae, are you hiding from..-?” Jonghyun started, but little Taemin dragged him into the closet because the girls came near and closed the door.
 
“Ssh. If anyone asks, we’re supplies!” Little Taemin told him, and you giggled softly. You could hear them move somewhere near the door.
 
“Do people really mistake you that easily for your oppa?” Jonghyun asked after a while. You were thinking about a way to get back home unseen, so you didn’t respond. He complained a little and you decided to do Taemin’s voice once more.
 
“Yah, don’t you believe me? If I go out, anyone will buy it.” You said, it sounded a little cold, since you had gotten used to your own voice again, and you heard more moving noises, and little Taemin tried to stop his laughter.
 
“Don’t do that again.. It’s scary.” Jonghyun said, and you sighed.
 
“I know.. But if I do it again outside, you two can..-” You said while thinking, but you were interupted.
 
“Aniyoh!” They both said at the same time, and you felt a little useless. You sighed and in the darkness, you heard them moving, or maybe one of them. You couldn’t be sure.
 
“You can’t do that.. You’ll be in more danger than we are.. And Taemin-hyung would kill me.” You could hear that little Taemin was pouting. You shrugged, forgetting for a moment he couldn’t see you, and froze when you were suddenly hugged by him. ‘Really, who raised him?’ 
 
“Noona.. Don’t be upset.. I know you wanted to help.. But I can’t, we can’t endanger you. So promise me you won’t do something stupid..” He sounded very grown up and serious. This must have been rare for him. You nodded slightly, forgetting for a moment he couldn’t see that, so you just replied shortly when he shook you to get an answer.
 
“I’m sure we can go out now..” Jonghyun said, “what are you even doing there? Can I be a box too?” You chuckled softly and little Taemin quickly moved away from you, but he was still behind the boxes.
 
“Aniyoh! These are noona and my boxes!” He said, sounding like he pouted again.
 
“Yah, you can’t say that Taemin-ah.. If Jonghyun wants to be here too he can.” You said, somehow it seemed weird to say that. You were using your oppa’s name for someone else, and also you were defending someone so he could play with boxes. But even though you had been troubled, you were really glad you were able to meet them. They seemed nice.
 
“Jonghyun, does Key really hate it when others touch his belongings?” You asked after both guys had been quiet for a while. Jonghyun’s reply was very enthusiastic.
 
“Yes! Yes he does! He absolutely detests it! So don’t do that, ever. He was even mean to me when I borrowed his comb.” He whined a little.
 
“Did you ask him if you could borrow it?” You asked, and litte Taemin coughed, obviously trying to signal something.
 
“Maybe..” You chuckled softly at Jonghyun. Of course he would be mad if you just took his belongings.
 
“But he’s really really strict about it.”
 
“I still have his jacket.. Could you return it for me? Taemin-ah said it was a bad idea, but he wouldn’t be mad right?” There was a short silence, and little Taemin coughed again.
 
“Noona, even if I’m not always as serious.. Key-hyung really..He is really really scary when we touch his things.” He then said, and you nodded, and leaned back.
 
“I’ll return it myself then..” You said, and got up, “but I don’t want to stay here any longer..” You somehow managed to get to the door without tripping over anything, and pushed it open. The light was very bright in your eyes, but you were determind to get out. You wrapped Key’s jacket around you and walked out.
 
“Do you really have to look cool while you’re stepping through a door?” A voice asked, you blinked and turned to see Minho, looking rather amused. You shrugged.
 
“I wasn’t.. The light was hurting my eyes.” You said apoligetically. He laughed.
 
“So it is you. I was just trying to see who I am speaking too.. I could have known it though.. Why else would you hide with them, when he’s supposed to be working?” You nodded, and sighed.
 
“Yah, Minho, did you see Key?” Jonghyun asked, while also walking out of the closet. Minho made a face.
 
“Why were you in the closet?” Jonghyun ignored it, but little Taemin skipped out happily and started explaining things. You smiled at his bubbly personality. He was really cute, cuter than oppa. You mentally hit yourself. How could you think of someone as, anything more, than oppa? Oh well. Taemin oppa wasn’t cute. It was true.
 
“But were still looking for umma!” Taemin exclaimed, and you gazed at Minho to see his reaction.
 
“Key is still with our coordinator, he’s trying to get things his way.. Which could take a while. And you don’t want to interupt him..” Minho said, “so let’s get some ice cream while we wait for the coordinator’s shift to end?” You chuckled, would it honestly take that long? You agreed, little Taemin was right with you, but Jonghyun said he’d try and find Onew, and something about chicken he left for eating later. You thought of Onew’s words, and decided you didn’t want to be near them when Jonghyun and Onew were fighting for some chicken.
 
“Noona, what flavour do you like?” Little Taemin asked, while Minho was already ordering ice cream. You bit your lip softly in concentration.
 
“I don’t have a favourite.. But if I had to choose I guess lemon?” Taemin smiled and walked to Minho.
 
“One lemon and one strawberry please?” He said, and gave the employee some money. You quickly walked up to him, he wasn’t supposed to pay for that!
 
“Here you go noona!” He said happily, while handing you the ice cone.
 
“You don’t have to pay for it..” You said, feeling guilty, he shrugged.
 
“I don’t care.. I wanted to. We’re friends after all!” You smiled, but still, that didn’t sound like an excuse. You decided you’d pay him back later, since he kept refusing. Minho joined you and you sat down in front of the shop.
 
“So what’s it like, being the great Taemin’s twin sister?” Minho asked, and Taemin whined at the ‘great’ bit. You sighed.
 
“It’s tougher than you’d think.” You said, thinking about what you had been doing for the past few months. And how you two were always apart. You didn’t say anything else so Minho continued questioning.
 
“But you do get to meet famous people.” He said, and you chuckled.
 
“Famous people are still people.. I haven’t met any girls so far.. And oppa doesn’t allow guys near me.. Like Key with his belongings..” Little Taemin widened his eyes in shock and almost fell backwards.
 
“Gokjonghajima, he said you were okay.” You told him, and Minho laughed.
 
“Since we’re younger then you are, I don’t suppose he sees us as a threat.”
 
“And he is right.. Do you even know how old she is? Ignorants brats.” Your spine straightened at that cold voice.
 
“Jaejoong-shi.” You said without turning to face him, “don’t say nasty things to my friends.. And you’re a lot older than me so you can’t call me old.” He grabbed your shoulder and pulled you up, Minho and little Taemin both got up.
 
“Yah, what are you doing?” Minho yelled, while little Taemin looked at you being dragged along, speechless. You decided you wouldn’t let Jaejoong’s stupid behaviour get to you.
 
“Don’t worry guys! I’ll see you soon! Oppa won’t mind I’m sure!” You yelled, and felt Jaejoongs grip tighten. You spun around and walked with him. He didn’t let you go put instead increased his pace.
 
“There’s no need to pull me.” You told him, and he made a ‘hmpf’-sound.
 
“Oppa will kill you if he finds out you touched me.”
 
“ ’Oppa’ told me to come get you. So deal with it.” He said, and you felt rather uncomfortable with the pace.
 
“Still you don’t have to pull that hard.. You’re hurting me.” That seemed to have affect, of some sort. He let go of your shoulder and instead took your hand. When you tried to tell him he didn’t need to guide you he ignored it and increased his pace, so you just let him hold your hand. It was warm and much softer than you had thought it was. Somewhere this was nice.
 
Author's note: Finally Jaejoong is back ^^