Chapter 64

Are you drunk?

 

 
“Taemin-ah.. It’s fine now, he didn’t recognize me.” You said softly, making sure no one would hear you. You managed to stop your voice from shaking.
 
“How dare he.. I guess it’s for the better..” You nodded and hugged him tight before letting go.
 
“Now take care of yourself, I don’t want to get you more clothes dongsaeng.” You said in a near-mocking voice. He shrugged and you got off the stage.
 
“Manager hyung, how much longer is this show going to last?” You asked halfheartedly, more to distract you from Eunhyuk’s presence than actually being curious.
 
“I think about half an hour. But that doesn’t include the break.. Do you want to leave yet? Is your head hurting?” You shook your head.
 
“It’s fine as long as I take my painkillers.” You said, “as long as Taemin doesn’t find out about it.. So don’t tell him please.” The manager blinked, then noticed Eunhyuk.
 
“Does your head actually hurt? You really shouldn’t be here if you’re injured.. They even made you participate.. It could make things worse.” You shook your head slightly. It was starting to hurt, you shouldn’t move it as much.
 
“Hyun Jong, you should go home.” You protested.
 
“I can’t. This is my job, it’s my responsibility. I can’t let some stupid headache get in the way.” You said, easily brushing it off. The manager sighed.
 
“You’re just as stubborn as he is.” You nodded slightly.
 
“Are you really injured?” You glanced at Eunhyuk, then shook your head and sighed inwardly.
 
“It’s nothing, just because I hit my head they keep making a fuss..-” You were interrupted by a giggling girl who sat down on Eunhyuk’s lap. You managed to keep your eyes from widening as he didn’t push her away, but smiled at her instead. It was one of the members of Noon Force.
 
“Hey baby.” She said and patted his head. You felt your stomach turn. He had a new girlfriend? Or was she from the show? You didn’t know but you didn’t care. Both hurt equally. Your head started throbbing painfully. You softly touched your temples but didn’t want to attract little Taemin’s or Key’s attention.
 
“Hey girly.. How are you?” He asked in a sweet voice. You felt sickened and nodded at the manager.
 
“I’m going to take another painkiller.. I’ll see you in a few.” You said and got up. As you walked out you felt your headache getting worse.
 
“Yah! You’re hurting.” You bit your tongue and turned to see who was yelling at you. Jiyong.
 
“Do me a favour and let it go.. And don’t tell Key or Taemin.. They’ve been going on about it the entire morning.” You said, getting one of your painkillers. Jiyong blinked.
 
“Are you supposed to take as many painkillers?” You shrugged, you weren’t really sure whether you should or not, but your head was hurting badly and you couldn’t take it much longer.
 
“I’ll get you some water for that.. I’ll be right back.” You nodded slightly since you didn’t have water with you right now and sat down.
 
“Hyung..” You looked up and saw little Taemin and Key in front of you.
 
“Yah.. Why are you two here?” You asked, then you noticed Jiyong trying to sneak away.
 
“He told you didn’t he? Sheekee..” You muttered. Key cupped your chin and raised your head.
 
“You’re really pale and seem out of it. You’re going home.”
 
“Aniyoh.. I can’t. I have to work.. And besides, you need me here.” You stuck out your tongue. Key rolled his eyes and let go of your chin.
 
“You should go home as soon as the show is over..” You nodded.
 
“Don’t nod! You’re going to injure yourself!” You coughed awkwardly.
 
“It’s fine.. I’ll go home when we’re finished.” Little Taemin kneeled in front of you and stared at you.
 
“Mianhae hyung.. I’ll make sure you don’t have to do as much now so you will feel better.”
 
“A kid like you take care of a grown man? Dream on.” Your narrowed your eyes and glared at the tall man behind little Taemin.
 
“What do you think you’re doing? You’re not involved in this conversation! Be gone!” You shouted. The guy laughed softly, he seemed to mock you.
 
“Poor kid, defended by your hyung, how can you take care of anyone?”
 
“Security!” You yelled loudly. Two tall men in suits appeared and the guy made a run for it. You glared after him and sighed.
 
“Let’s get back to filming..” You said while getting up. Key nodded but little Taemin just walked ahead of you. The rest of the show went relatively flawless. You didn’t get involved into the show anymore, and SHINee won (of course) so the mood was up when they went home. Only little Taemin still seemed upset. When you arrived at their dorm, he immediately went to his room.
 
“Just let him be.. You should be home now!” Key scolded you. You nodded, but there was something that had come across your mind that was bothering you.
 
“Do you perhaps have any time this weekend?” He shrugged.
 
“I’m not sure, you have our schedules. And you should rest this weekend! You’re severely injured!”
 
“Nevermind then! I’ll ask Taemin.” You said, walking up the stairs. Key didn’t try to stop you, he was probably too surprised to do anything.
 
“Taemin?” You knocked on his door.
 
“Go away!” Yelled a mumbled voice from behind the closed door. You felt your heart sink, he sounded really upset.
 
“It’s only me..” You softly pushed the door open and saw little Taemin on his bed, hugging his knees. He had been crying.
 
“What’s wrong?” You asked softly, afraid he’d snap at you. He looked up, tossed a pillow at you which you dodged and hid his head against his knees. He seemed really unhappy. You softly walked closer, he was sobbing quietly and you felt your heart sting. You never wanted him to be like this. You sat down next to him.
 
“Noona.. I must be really small in your eyes..” He muttered softly. You tried hugging him but he wouldn’t.
 
“Why do you think that Taemin?” He glared at you.
 
“That guy.. When he said I was childish, you didn’t deny it.” You sighed, unsure about what to say. You didn’t think he was that small, but he was younger than you and yuo couldn’t help but feel that way.
 
“Mianhae Taemin, I didn’t mean to make you feel so bad.. It’s not that I don’t see you as a man, but you’re just younger than me.. But.. It makes me feel more comfortable around you.. When I was younger, oppa told off every boy or girl from our age or older, but he let the younger kids be, thinking they’d never hurt me.. So I never knew how to get along with older guys.. And I guess I trust you more..” You felt your heart hurt as you thought back to the old days. Little Taemin’s eyes widened and more tears flowed over his cheek.
 
“Mianhae noona.. I was so selfish..” You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh.. It must be hard to be the maknae.. Would you like to know my secret? The biggest secret I have that no one must ever hear off?” You hoped it would cheer him up a little, and you didn’t want to hide things from him. He nodded with widened eyes.
 
“You know how little over two months ago oppa had an accident?” He nodded, eager for you to continue.
 
“They said he was fine so he returned to his work..” You leaned in closer, “promise me you’ll never tell anyone!” He nodded vigourously.
 
“It wasn’t true.. Oppa had to stay in the hospital.. It was actually me in disguise.. It’s the reason why I’m so good at impersonating him, and why I’m friends with Changmin and Yunho.. Yunho found out, and I told Changmin later on. And they helped me since then. The other DBSK member know too, but only because oppa got drunk and told them. You can’t tell anyone about this, but ask oppa, and he’ll tell you. It’s true.” Little Taemin’s jaw had almost dropped.
 
“Noona.. Do you swear this is true?” He asked. You nodded.
 
“Ne. It’s the most true story!” He nodded.
 
“Thank you for telling me this noona.. Thank you for trusting me.” You smiled.
 
“No problem.. I have a small favour to ask of you..” You fidgeted your fingers, it was a little embarrassing.
 
“Ask away.” You felt happy when you saw him smile brightly.
 
“I thought.. I should buy guy’s clothes right? I can’t always borrow yours or oppa’s.. It would look too suspicious for someone who’s not famous.. So I have to go shop for them.. I wanted to do that next weekend.. But I need someone to help me choose.. They have to be manly enough..”
 
“Couldn’t you ask Key or your oppa? I’m sure they’re more fit for that than I am.” He said sadly. You shook your head.
 
“Key is nagging that I should rest.. And I wanted to buy.. A cute dress.. That I saw too.. So oppa can’t go..” You said, embarrassed you had to reveal that last bit. You had seen a really cute dress, with lots of ribbons and stars on it, but oppa would never let you buy or wear a dress.
 
“I’ll go with you noona! But I’m not manly, I’m childish!” He said in a teasing voice. You chuckled at softly hit his arm.
 
“No you’re not! You’re very male!” He laughed and hugged you. You felt happy with the relaxed atmosphere, but Key appeared in the dooropening and his glare told you it was time to go home. You said goodbye to the members and gave little Taemin a conspiratorial smile. He smirked and the others frowned, wondering what was wrong with you. After changing back you walked outside and remembered you would call Jaejoong when you were done. Uneasily you dialed his number.
 
“Yoboseyo, what can I do for you?” Your heart skipped a beat when you heard his voice.
 
“I.. Just finished work. You said I should call..” You said, a little embarrassed.
 
“Where are you?”
 
“Just outside SHINee’s dorm..”
 
“I’ll be there in a minute.. Keep warm arraso?” You nodded even though he couldn’t hear you and waited for him. A few minutes later a car stopped in front of you and Jaejoong got out.
 
“Come here, you left your coat in the car this morning.” You blushed slightly at that. He pulled you into a hug and warmed you up a little. The days were getting shorter and it was getting colder.
 
“Kamsahamnida.” You muttered. He let go and opened the car door for you. You sat down and found your coat hung over the back of the seat. You took it off and put it on.
 
“How was today?” Jaejoong asked casually while starting the car.
 
“It was.. Okay.” You said after a while, “the somehow got me involved in the show.” Jaejoong chuckled.
 
“I know, we watched it.. You do well as a guy but we could all recognize you.. Well, Yunho and Changmin, and me too..” You smiled softly.
 
“But Changmin knows me too well.. And Yunho is like my appa, so he’d know me anywhere.” Jaejoong stopped driving and turned to you.
 
“What about me?” You blushed slightly.
 
“Mollayo.. You must have been glaring at me too many times, so you recognize my face.” He smiled vaguely.
 
“Do you really think so bad of me?” There was hurt in his voice. You quickly moved your hands in front of your face.
 
“Aniyoh! I didn’t mean it like that..” He took one of your hands and pulled it against his chest.
 
“Can you feel my heart beat?” He asked softly, even though you could feel it beat rapidly, his voice was on a normal level, not like the high pitched voices that romantic drama’s usually involved. He didn’t speak the emotion, but you could feel it.
 
“I can..” You said softly, not really sure what else to say.
 
“Then please, let me have one more kiss.” You blinked at his sudden words, but didn’t stop him when he softly kissed you. Your body felt as if struck by lightening, and you felt your heart skip a beat.
 
“I’ll take you home now..” He said softly, and restarted the car. You didn’t even respond but sat frozen in your seat.