Chapter 72

Are you drunk?

 

 
“Say aah.” You coughed and stared at Key who was sitting close to you with a bowl of soup in his left hand and a spoon ful of soup in his right hand. You bit your lip in dismay but opened your mouth. Key blew the soup to make it less hot and fed it to you. Even if it was still rather hot, it was good. But you were upset he wouldn’t let you eat yourself, since you were ‘injured’. Which was his fault, but he was denying that with intensity.
 
“Minho, can’t you be injured too?” You muttered to your side where Minho was calmly eating the soup. He shook his head.
 
“No.. I don’t want to be fed.” You pouted and watched Key walk back to the kitchen to do something else. A thermometer? You sighed, this was getting ridiculous. You almost hit your head, this wasn’t getting ridiculous, it had been ridiculous since you were handcuffed to the couch, or actually to Key before that.
 
“I don’t have a fever.. Go check with Taemin.” You muttered when the thermometer came too close for your liking. Key frowned.
 
“I’ll check him first, he does look a little red.. Jonghyun! Go get him a blanket!” Jonghyun growled slightly at Key before getting up and wandering somewhere mumbling about mood swings. Little Taemin was sleeping, but woke up when Key checked his temperature.
 
“Yah.. What are you doing? I’m tired..”
 
“You have a slight temperature.. I’ll get you soup too.. Do you feel nauseous at all?” Little Taemin shook his head.
 
“Key.. It’s normal for your temperature to be higher when you’re asleep.” He protested. Key shook his head and drapped the blankter that Jonghyun brought in on him.
 
“But it’s not normal to sleep without a blanket! You could easily catch a cold! Now stay put and I’ll get you some soup! You’ll feel all better really soon!” Little Taemin sighed and crawled up in a ball, trying to continue his sleep. You felt sorry for him.
 
“Yah, Key, shouldn’t you contact Ae’s oppa because of.. The situation?” Minho uttered. Key seemed to think shortly before his face darkened and you wished Minho had never said anything.
 
“No one is getting near my patiënt before I’m done!” He snarled and stomped off. You blinked at Minho.
 
“That didn’t go too well.” You mumbled. He shook his head.
 
“I think you’d better call for help or you might never get home.” You nodded and got your cellphone from the table where Key had put it to prevent you from calling for help. You hid it under the blanket and started texting after asking Minho to warn you once Key got close again.
 
From: Ae
 
‘Please help me!! I’m trapped inside SHINee’s dorm with little to no chance of escaping! Help me!!’ You thought shortly and sent it to all DBSK members. Hopefully one of them would react and help you get out of this place before you somehow ended up in a hospital bed. You slipped the phone in your pocket and felt it buzz. You recieved text messages, but couldn’t reply to it since Key was back in the room.
 
“I don’t need a hot water bottle Key! If I have a temperature, why make it even more hot here?!” Little Taemin shouted as Key tried to give him a hot water bottle.
 
“Just take it!” He growled. You smiled softly.
 
“Could I have one?” You asked with your voice as weak and soft as you could make it. Key didn’t think for a second but ran out to get you one. You quickly scanned the text messages.
 
From: Changmin
 
‘What is going on?! How are you trapped? Are you injured?’
 
From: Yoochun
 
‘What?! Is there anyone there that can help you?! What happened?’
 
From: Junsu
 
‘Can the SHINee  members help you? Are they being held hostage too? I’m really worried!’
 
From: Yunho
 
‘Stay calm! Just do as they say and take care of yourself! We’ll figure out a way to help.’ These were all nonsensical messages that didn’t help you. You opened the last one that Jaejoong had sent and ignored the feeling in your stomach. It was a very short message.
 
From: Jaejoong
 
‘I’m on my way.’ You smiled inwardly and hid your phone again as you noticed Key from the corner of your eye. He gave you a hot water bottle and tucked you in once again. It felt really awkward as he had the special smile in his eyes that parents do when they tuck their children in. And it looked creepy on him. You smiled and mumbled a thank you. Key continued to feed you soup and occasionally left to make tea or rice for you and as you insisted Minho should eat something too he also fed him. Much to Minho’s dismay. Little Taemin was fast asleep and Jonghyun was secretly laughing at you, even if he had to play Key’s assistant which meant he had to run around and get Key things. Suddenly the doorbell rung.
 
“Jonghyun, would you get that and tell them we’re busy!” Key snapped. Jonghyun quickly got up and ran for the door to stop Key from yelling at him. Your lips curled into a smile as you heard Jonghyun’s surprised “what are you doing here?” Followed by a noise that you figured was Jonghyun being pushed aside.
 
“Gwenchana?” You turned your head as you heard his husky voice. You smiled softly at his warm eyes.
 
“Ne.. Just stuck here..” You muttered.
 
“Yah! Who let him inside!” Key growled. Jaejoong looked up at him and raised an eyebrow.
 
“I let myself in.. I’m taking Ae home.” Key glared at him.
 
“She’s injured.. She’s not going anywhere right now.” You sighed and rolled your eyes.
 
“Key, it’s not that bad.. Can I go home now?” You asked, trying to get up.
 
“You can’t go home.. You’re injured!” You sighed and dropped back on the couch.
 
“Injured?” Jaejoong said, giving you a concerned look. You held out your arms and showed him the bandaged wrists. His eyes widened and he pulled you up.
 
“She’s mine now.. I’m taking her home.” Jaejoong said in a low voice.
 
“I’ll call you later.” You muttered at Minho before being dragged of by Jaejoong. You smiled softly as he sat you down in the car.
 
“What happened there anyway? Why are you hands hurt?” He asked, locking the doors before turning to face you.
 
“My wrists.. And that’s Key’s fault.” You said a little anxious about his reaction. His eyes narrowed.
 
“What did he do?” You sighed.
 
“He wanted to play doll, I think.. He’s been experimenting make up on me but I didn’t like it so..” You paused as Jaejoong continued to stare at you.
 
“Yes?” He asked.
 
“He handcuffed me to the couch.” You said it quickly while looking away.
 
“He what?!!” You flinched, you had expected a reaction like this one. You nodded though you weren’t sure whether he was looking at you or not.
 
“It’s fine.. Minho broke the handcuffs. And then Key noticed I was injured so he wanted to play nurse.” You mumbled. Jaejoong’s face formed a mix between a pitiful smile and anger.
 
“That bastard..” He growled. You grabbed his sleeve before he could storm out of the car.
 
“Please.. It’s fine now.. I’m grateful you got me out of there.. I really wanted to go home.” He nodded.
 
“So you were trapped there all day?” You nodded.
 
“I’ll get you something to eat first then.” You shook your head.
 
“He fed.. I had some chicken soup before you arrived.” Jaejoong sighed.
 
“I mean real food. You can’t live on fluids!” You nodded and felt the urge to pull up your knees and hug them. Jaejoong semed to notice and his expression softened. He your hair softly.
 
“I’ll protect you better from now on..” He leaned in and kissed your forehead, “you shouldn’t be alone with that Key anymore. I don’t trust him.” You shook your head.
 
“He’s not that bad, he’s just really childish I think..” Jaejoong raised an eyebrow.
 
“It’s childish to handcuff someone to a couch? To me that’s creepy.. He didn’t try anything, did he?” You shook your head.
 
“He just messed with my face.. Ah.. How can I hide this from oppa? I can’t wear sweaters for days, even if it’s getting colder..” You were slightly embarrassed because Jaejoong was still this close.
 
“You have a point.. I hope he doesn’t think it’s me.” You nodded.
 
“I’ll tell him about Key.. Even if it’ll make him really..-” He silenced you by kissing you softly, your eyes widened but you then closed them. His lips were warm and soothing. He softly caressed your cheek before pulling back annd smiled softly at you.
 
“You owed me one..” You smiled sadly.
 
“Are you really going to keep doing that?” He nodded.
 
“I like you. And I like kissing you.. I wish you were mine..” You blinked and looked away.
 
“You don’t have to give me an answer now. Just as long as I can have one more kiss.. Please?” You looked up at him.
 
“Arasso..” You muttered. He smiled softly. He pulled you closer and caressed your hair with one hand.
 
“Will you kiss me, Ae?” It sounded really embarassing. You blushed but felt warm inside when you looked at him and nodded subconciously.