Chapter 4 REDONE

Are you drunk?

 

“Taemin, do it in one go!” Jaejoong’s melodious voice was slurring a tad as he encouraged you to take a shot of soju and cola. Whilst drinking you had taken every chance you got to pour your drink down someone else’s throat or accidentally spill it but you could only mess up so much. Your sight was still straight but it felt like you were getting slower. It was affecting you.

“It’s a pity to do it in one go!” You complained. Your protest was answered with laughter solely and Jaejoong slung an arm around your shoulder. His breath stank of alcohol.

“Just do it.. Don’t you know how rude it is to decline?” With an annoyed glance you stabbed his side with your fingers but he didn’t respond to it. Finally you gave in to the pressure and shot the drink back. It burned your throat and it took you more than all of your control and will not to hurl and sit straight. The five males seemed to think that was a huge success and cheered.

“You do know how to handle your liquor Taemin, I should give you credit for that..” Jaejoong laughed as he nudged your arm lightly. You tried to smile a little and nodded, neglecting the fact that you hadn’t really had a choice.

“Thanks. I should probably head home though, it’s getting late and I have an interview tomorrow.” Junsu whined and slapped your shoulder lightly before he fell over. Finally Yunho sighed and nodded.

“You should head home. Your manager won’t let you stay over here again, Jaejoong get your hands off him, we want to have him over again.” With a sigh of relief you brushed Jaejoong’s arm off your shoulders and got up, closing your eyes for a second. Your vision blurred and you groaned, gripping a shoulder that was somewhere near you. Judging from the slight grunt you got it was Jaejoong’s.

“Yeah.. I’ll see you all tomorrow.” With that you slipped your hands in your pockets and headed to the front door. Some voices greeted you from the inside but you didn’t have any more time to waste, it was late and you needed to get all the sleep you could. Unfortunately your road was blocked.

“Taemin oppa!” A second later a girl had wrapped her arms around your neck and clung against you. Maybe it was your own breath but you smelled alcohol. Shocked you stepped back and tried to pry her off you.

“I need to go home, you should head home yourself.” You finally told the girl and pushed her off you as gentle as you could.

“But I’m your biggest fan.. How can you be so mean to me? I want a kiss oppa!” Threateningly she stepped closer to you when you suddenly heard a ringing noise. Your phone’s ringing noise to be exact, coming from her pocket. You narrowed your eyes and straightened your back.

“You stole my phone?” With a single movement you reached into her pocket and pulled out your phone that was still ringing. The girl bit her lip as you pressed a button to answer the call. Yunho.

“Yoboseyo. I wanted to tell you that you left your keys here.” You smirked coldly as you observed the girl feeling slightly awkward in front of you.

“I thought it’d be interesting to let you know I just fished my phone from a girl’s pocket. Jaejoong has a camera right? I think it will be interesting to let my fan community know about the one fan who loves me so much she’d steal my phone..” The girl whimpered but you didn’t have mercy for her. It wasn’t your phone she had attempted to steal, she had attempted to steal Taemin’s phone. That you couldn’t forgive.

“Oh really? Well he does have a camera.. I’ll come out to bring you your keys and this camera..” The girl pleadingly shook her head but you didn’t answer to her. Only half a second later the door opened and Yunho walked out, a grim expression on his face for as far as you could see. Before saying anything he snapped a picture of the girl and then moved to your side.

“Go home..” You told the girl one more time. She bit her lip and bowed her head lightly.

“Taemin oppa.. Please.. I can’t.. My family.. Please don’t show them..” Just like that you started feeling sorry for her. With a helpless look you glanced at Yunho who shrugged at the question you hadn’t asked. What do we do now?

“Just go home. Remember I have this. If you do anything like this again I will post it on the internet. Do you know how much trouble I would be in if I lost my phone? How would I be able to call my mother? You aren’t the only one who has a family, remember that.” The girl nodded and stumbled off. You waited for a while to be sure she didn’t see where you were headed. Then you barged over to Taemin’s home with Yunho beside you.

“That was a nice thing of you to do.” He remarked while opening the door for you. With a shrug you grabbed the keys from his hand and stepped inside. It was probably a good plan to make a set of rules as well as keeping a diary. Taemin would need to know everything you had done. Calmly you ushered Yunho to leave as you headed to Taemin’s room.  As you jotted down roughly what had happened you took a moment to think. Taemin didn’t come close to people and it would protect you not to come close to them either, so no close contact. Drinking was also probably not a good idea. Drinking loosens the mouth and a loose mouth brings problems.  That would be all for that night.

 

“Good morning.” Some day you would get used to boys sneaking into Taemin’s house.  For now it still scared you.

“Good morning to you too. Are you not hungover?” You demanded whilst scanning Yunho’s face over. He didn’t seem to be but then again it was his job to act out the most perfect creature in the world.

“Sharp observation. I see you are also not hungover. Junsu is though and it might cheer you up a little. Jaejoong is also pretty sick too, but he claims it’s not alcohol related.” Of course Jaejoong would say that. He was a proud man, managing his drinks wasn’t something he’d want his arch nemesis to be better at.

“Does he hate me for being hungover?” You asked mindlessly. No matter what Jaejoong said, you knew that his sickness was related to his fondness of alcohol. A short laugh came from Yunho’s throat as he leaned a little closer.

“Such a softie.. Why would it matter? But no, he’s not. You didn’t make him drink all that, even he will agree.” Though that was somewhat good news you didn’t have much time to think on it as your phone rung with instructions for the interview coming up soon and the information they would be right outside your door in a few. Taemin’s life was horrible. There were hardly any moments in it not covered by the press and when they were not he still had little time to himself. You wondered what it was like when he wasn’t out of the spotlights.

“Annyeonghaseyo, it’s good to see you.” There was something wrong with the picture of Yunho greeting your manager as a friend. Disturbed you made a small wave at the manager who had a rather smug smile on his face.

“Hi.” He would expect a greeting like that from Taemin. Especially with someone not aware it wasn’t Taemin around. When the manager chuckled you had to repress a sigh of relief. This was the first of many tests.

“I see you’ve cracked his shell Yunho, perfect. Now if only he could get closer to Jaejoong.” The words made you realize why Taemin disliked him and you scoffed before turning away to not seem that impolite.

“Oh they’re getting there. Currently we’ve gotten to the point where Taemin allows him to touch him before he’s drunk. It’s progress.” Came Yunho’s snarky comment.

“Agreed. Taemin if you would get to the car, we have a lot of things to discuss.” The slight gleam in his eyes made you realize you would have to memorize a lot of things before even thinking of setting foot on any stage.