Chapter 44

Are you drunk?

 

“Taemin, gwenchana?” You asked carefully. He snapped out of his trancce and sighed.
 
“Mollayo.. Listen to me. I want my sister to be safe as much as I want her to be happy. I won’t stop her, but that doesn’t mean I won’t kill you if you hurt her. Don’t try anything funny.” He said in a monotone voice. Eunhyuk nodded.
 
“Hyun Ae, will you go out with me?” You blinked at him as he took your hand. ‘This really isn’t happening!’ You blushed but didn’t say anything.
 
“Now you’re doing it too! Answer him will you?” Taemin said, slightly annoyed. You nodded.
 
“Sure..” Eunhyuk smiled and pulled you into a hug.
 
“Yah! I said don’t try anything you scumbag!” Taemin yelled and Eunhyuk let up. He grinned.
 
“She’s mine now, and don’t worry, I won’t try anything in front of you. Isn’t that your cue? The break is over.” He said calmly. A bell was ringing. Taemin seemed to have trouble dealing with this but you pushed him towards the door while Kyuhyun and Donghae walked out.
 
“Work hard oppa!” You told him. He nodded and walked away as if he was sleep walking. Next thing you knew you were pulled into a hug.
 
“You really have to differentiate. How else will I know who you’re talking about?” He asked. You blushed and looked at the ground.
 
“Mianhae..” he let you go and turned you around to face him.
 
“Don’t be.” He smiled and you felt butterflies in your stomache, “would you have dinner with me tonight?” You nodded shyly. He took you rhand and you went back to your seats. The show had already started and oppa and little Taemin started the first challange. They had to climb a rope and grab the flag that was sticked against the ceiling, bring it down and the other one had to climb the next rope with the flag and stick it back to the ceiling, as fast as they could. Naturally, oppa did very well. He was a born athlete, within 4 seconds he reached the ceiling and grabbed the flag. He quickly slid down and handed little Taemin the flag. Little Taemin was a little slower than oppa was, but he was good too. In five seconds he had clumb the rope and stuck the flag back on the ceiling.
 
“Alright! That took you 9.54 seconds! Really fast guys! Let’s see if there’s anyone who’s faster!” The host announced.
 
“He’s really something, that brother of yours.” Eunhyuk whispered in your ear. You almostjumped from surprise. You would need a little time to get used to this.
 
“He is, he was always best in everything with P.E.” You said, “he’s a great athlete.” Eunhyuk pulled you into a hug.
 
“Yah, I’m your boyfriend. I feel neglected.” He whispered, making you blush deeply.
 
“Mianhae..” You said, making him smile.
 
“It’s okay. Donghae and Kyuhyun are up next.” You glanced at the stage.
 
“I don’t think they can beat Taemin-oppa..” You said. Donghae didn’t seem too sure about the rope and Kyuhyun seemed troubled too.
 
“We’ll see about that.” Eunhyuk said smiling. You were right in the end. Halfway up Donghae got stuck and it took them 20.98 seconds. You smiled at your oppa’s victory.
 
“There’s still two other teams left!” Eunhyuk said before you could celebrate.
 
“Well, I guess Minho stands a small chance.” You said, Minho was the great athlete after all. Minho did very well, but Onew, his teammate, did not. They ended with 14.65 seconds. Which was really fast you knew, but oppa was better. Key and Jonghyun took 18.62 seconds, making the two Taemins the winners.
 
“They got 10 points.” You said happily.
 
“Yah! Why are you so occupied by him? Pay more attention to me.” You blushed as he turned your head to face him.
 
“You have my attention..” You said softly. He smiled.
 
“Good. Let’s exchange phone numbers. I want to be able to contact you.” You smiled and nodded. He took your phone and put his number in. You stared at his phone for a few seconds then quickly put your number in.
 
“You only have guys in your phone.. Oh I found ‘umma’..” You blushed and tried to take your phone back.
 
“It’s embarassing. I never had a lot of friends, just oppa and me.” He lifted your chin softly making you stare at him.
 
“I’m your oppa.” 
 
“Right.. It was just Taemin-oppa and me.. But it’s better now.” He chuckled.
 
“I’m jealous, these guys had your number before I did.. But I guess it’s only fair since your mine now.” You blushed and stared at your feet. He laughed softly at that.
 
“You’re so cute..” You continued watching the show like this while being interupted by Eunhyuk occasionally. At the end of the show, he had to leave with Donghae and Kyuhyun. Taemin was glad to see him go. 
 
“Bring her home in time tonight.” He said rather coldly, while you gave Eunhyuk the adress. After he hugged you Taemin dragged you with him.
 
“You’re going to give me a heart attack one day.. Why did you agree to go out with him?” He asked. The SHINee members who had come to see what the commotion was about heard that.
 
“Noona do you have a boyfriend now?” Taemin sent a glare and little Taemin immediately froze. 
 
“I guess so..” You said, looking at the floor.
 
“Well, I think it’s great for you, even though hyung is clearly getting a heart attack. But what about Jaejoong?” You felt a small sting at that name. Jaejoong. Why did it hurt?
 
“What about him?” You asked. Taemin sighed.
 
“I told them how he was annoying me by acting as your servant before I found out about, that guy..” You nodded slightly.
 
“Jaejoong is just feeling a little guilty, nothing more. Once I get it in his head that he should stop it, he’ll go back to normal.” You said, even though it hurt a bit to say. Why did it hurt? It was rediculous. You liked Eunhyuk! 
 
“So how are you going to tell him this?” Key asked. You blinked.
 
“Tell him? Why would I tell him it’s none of his business..” You muttered. ‘I should tell Changmin though, he made me promise to tell him everything..’ You got out your phone and texted him. 
 
“So who are you telling now?” Jonghyun said, trying to see who the contact was. You pulled your phone close and then it rung. ‘He sure reacts fast..’
 
“Yoboseyo?”
 
“You’re seeing Eunhyuk?” You gulped, that wasn’t Changmin.
 
“Why do you have Changmin’s phone?” You asked, managing not to stammer.
 
“I took it. Why are you seeing him? What’s so great about him?”
 
“I like him.. That’s why..”
 
“Well then I hope you enjoy your time with him!” His voice was cold. Then the line went dead, he hung up on you. And you felt like crying. Key gave you a sympathetic look.
 
“We should go.. Bye hyung!” With that, they left. You stood there for a while until Taemin pulled you into a hug. You softly hugged him back.
 
“Do you want to go home Ae? I can understand if you don’t want to come to singing practice.” You shook your head and looked at him. It still hurt.
 
“Aniyoh! I’ll come with you.. I want to sing too.” He smiled and you left.
 
“Taemin-ah! First we’re going to..- You brought someone?” You stared awkwardly at the voice coördinator of Taemin who until recently also had been your voice coördinator. Taemin smirked.
 
“She’ll sing with me today. Don’t worry, it won’t distract me from practice.” He said plainly before dragging you past the coördinator. He just stood there, once again amazed by Taemin’s boldness. Taemin shut the studio door behind him and sat down.
 
“Aren’t you supposed to be practicing?” You asked. He nodded.
 
“Yes.. But it can wait.”
 
“Bwoh? Wae?” You asked. You knew he could be stubborn, but this stubborn?
 
“They still have to tell me what song to sing.. How can I practice if I don’t know which song?” He said playfully. You sighed and took the papers with lyrics from the ground. There was one that now popped out to you. ‘Doesn’t change a thing’. You read them a few times to be sure you knew them.
 
“So pretty I can’t believe my eyes,
Dressed in satin beautifully I fell for your disguise
Such a beauty can’t be real
I should have seen it
Why do I believe your lies time and time again?
 
You came to me with a smile
I could not resist to smile back
Why do you hurt me so?
I can’t believe there is a heart in you
You discarded me so easily
 
But now I’m wiser and I won’t fall again
Your beauty doesn’t change a thing
Your voice doesn’t change a thing
Your crying doesn’t change a thing
None of your beggings can change my heart
 
You look at me now but it’s fine with me
I won’t glance in your direction again
 
[RAP]
I’m no longer waiting
Go away decieving beauty
Don’t linger anymore
Bye bye beauty
 
I fell for you once but never again
I am stronger now
Your excuses are in vein
I won’t hear of them
You learned me a lot
 
Because now I’m wiser and I won’t fall again
Your beauty doesn’t change a thing
Your voice doesn’t change a thing
Your crying doesn’t change a thing
None of your beggings can change my heart
 
I’m wiser and I won’t fall again
Your beauty doesn’t change a thing
Your voice doesn’t change a thing
Your crying doesn’t change a thing
None of your beggings can change my heart.” (I wrote this song myself so it might seem a little weird)
 
You poured your heart out in the song. It made you feel an eternity better. You sighed as you dropped the lyrics. Beside you Taemin clapped.
 
“Well done Ae.. Are you sure you don’t want to be a singer?” He asked. You laughed shyly. You had completely forgotten that someone was listening, even if it was only Taemin-oppa.
 
“No I don’t think I’m fit to be on stage.” You argued.
 
“But you’ve been on stage many many times.” He said a little confused, he didn’t get it.
 
“That’s not the same.. I’m afraid people will judge me.” You said. He got up and put a hand on your shoulder.
 
“Ae, people judge me too. Even if you’re not famous, there will always be people to judge you.” You nodded slightly.
 
“But it’s too scary!” You said. He chuckled.
 
“Fine, but I’m keeping this.” He said and hugged you. You smiled and hugged him back.
 
Author’s note: Since my Korean is really bad, the bits in black in the song are Korean and the blue bits are English. One a side note: I love Eunhyuk ^^ He's so talented I can barely believe it!